daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 30th, 2006, 12:29 PM   #1
Cliff
Tan

Likes (Received): 172

WTC 7 was imploded?

Sorry if I am missing something, but was it really a controlled demolition?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aL0zY...search=7%20wtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u0scE...search=7%20wtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5qWFV...search=7%20wtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ml_n5...search=7%20wtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0PjB...search=7%20wtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8W0N-...search=7%20wtc
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHQUH...search=7%20wtc

I had no idea!!
Cliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 30th, 2006, 06:59 PM   #2
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

That's stupidy from people who don't understand physics. Ignore it.
Old March 30th, 2006, 07:19 PM   #3
redstone
Lurker

Likes (Received): 52

Here we go again..... It's always the same with all the wtc threads... sigh.
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 30th, 2006, 08:41 PM   #4
krull
In Time

Likes (Received): 58

Give it a rest already. Besides that old 7WTC building was ugly and I don't miss it.
krull no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2006, 05:46 AM   #5
Cliff
Tan

Likes (Received): 172

Oh, okay, I was just curious.
Cliff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #6
bziherl

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
I'm not a physicist. Could someone prove the idea behind those videos wrong for me, please?
bziherl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 09:10 PM   #7
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

i'm no conspiracy theorist but i alwasy wondered why that building fell.
Old April 6th, 2006, 09:50 PM   #8
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

5 Minutes of searching came up with this and more.

http://wtc.nist.gov/
http://www.fema.gov/pdf/library/fema403_ch8.pdf
http://wtc.nist.gov/media/NCSTACWTCS...101904WEB2.pdf
http://wtc.nist.gov/pubs/WTC%20Part%...se%20Final.pdf

Last edited by STR; April 6th, 2006 at 10:03 PM.
STR no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:00 PM   #9
tootshibbard

i love how people just post this 9-11 crap as if bringing up serious inquiry when their mind are already well made up and they just want to push the propaganda on other people.

The hate stench is just putrid and vile.

If anyone seriously beleives that the U.S. government could shut up the hundreas it would likely take to pull off a 9-11 and keep mum about while it is the same government that couldn't hide a cum stain on a dress and a bunch of oval office tapes then I seriously wonder about your judgement.

Even if you think Bush and Co. are that evil it is beyond beleiable to think they are that stupid.
tootshibbard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:03 PM   #10
TalB
Refugee

Likes (Received): 78

It was never a planned implosion, and I don't where places like prisonplanet came up to this conclusion.
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:18 PM   #11
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by STR
Um not really. Anyhow i dont know what to beleive, things are set in motion so ill go about protecting my wealth and self in the new world.

Nothing is wrong with debate but idiots try to close it off.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #12
USS Yankee
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by krull
Give it a rest already. Besides that old 7WTC building was ugly and I don't miss it.
Your opinion. It was a hell of a lot more distinctive than the one that has replaced it.
USS Yankee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 10:21 PM   #13
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

I bet the Mossad was behind it.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:00 PM   #14
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootshibbard
i love how people just post this 9-11 crap as if bringing up serious inquiry when their mind are already well made up and they just want to push the propaganda on other people.

The hate stench is just putrid and vile.

If anyone seriously beleives that the U.S. government could shut up the hundreas it would likely take to pull off a 9-11 and keep mum about while it is the same government that couldn't hide a cum stain on a dress and a bunch of oval office tapes then I seriously wonder about your judgement.

Even if you think Bush and Co. are that evil it is beyond beleiable to think they are that stupid.
You don’t have to believe the US government would do it? I believe there is no doubt someone knew about the attacks and did nothing. But nothing has come from investigations as per usual.

Did someone take advantage of this I don’t know and I wont know or was it a complete set up, top down? America has used its own citizens weakly in the past during wars but this would be a new first. The security agenda has been one of and on for hundreds of years, wars, money and government have huge ties “simple” the 90’s were a very peaceful time military spending was way down, did some people take action to resolve this?
“ties with Saudi Arabia are eyebrow raising at the least” these theories are not from Waco’s or people running agenda’s just concerned people angry at Americas growing lack of social justice and corruption pushing ideology’s promoting “war” and “struggle” with the aggressor of evil ideals that will stop at nothing, you don’t need a real enemy just a threat.

No real Osama ordered attacks since 911 raisers the questions since the terrorist cell in Afghanistan was broken up, attacks have not been ordered by a structured organization since 911(bar Bali one), but London was free lanced in the world of hate and mistrust were Muslims are ridiculed in the opinion section of the papers, this is the new threat, like communists paratroopers dropping out of the sky it’s being blown up on a bus in this new cold war of power struggles.

Personally to many fishy things, to many unanswered questions. That’s actually why I don’t think the government did it, sad if Americans don’t trust there government because they are so secret, but from what you said that could explain the theory a messy job? . History judges and history is yet to be written so don’t ride of any scandal yet. I would like to see a billion dollar investigation but I know I won’t see one, to many proud Americans and un-forgiving memories will cast a shadow over that, and it's sad.

Listening to Osama he even addresses political analysts as correct in that 911 helped bush and corporations and hurt Americans and it's time for America to take control of it ‘self. I also don’t know what to think he's still allegedly behind 911 like allot of other people, believe your own story from what best resources you can get. A Open mind is the key.

At the very worst of it America’s reaction to 911 has been weak minded, hypocritical, un-constructive and dangerous and this sense of abandonment and betrayal of the peoples needs has lead to these theories that the government was behind 911 and they are well based. True? Or Not?

People are asking these questions, what’s happening and why and it all leads to the 11th of September 2001 when the world got nasty. Using this event as the government has is bad enough and media has been no less than a tool in half of that, doing it would be 1000x worse.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:07 PM   #15
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by tootshibbard

So do you think bin laden is evil?

It's a real shame human beings don’t understand each other and actions we take against each other. From a philosophical point if bin laden did it I am in no place to call him evil.

From his tapes he does not hate America, did not want to kill woman and children who have done nothing wrong. Compared to some radical Muslim rhetoric bin laden could be negotiated with, but idiot bush denied that chance believing in absolutes and ideals over sensibility and cooperation.
- John Locke
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:15 PM   #16
40Acres
Texas Our Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystyle
Compared to some radical Muslim rhetoric bin laden could be negotiated with, but idiot bush denied that chance believing in absolutes and ideals over sensibility and cooperation.

LOL
40Acres no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:16 PM   #17
thryve
°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 22

Thank God for conspiracy theories.

It's very healthy for a government to have a little challenge or disagreement now and then... I don't trust first-world governments myself, let alone third world ones.

-thryve
thryve no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #18
lazar22b

yes

I'm sick of arguing against the conspiracy nutheads. This is basic physics people. Please educate yourselves.
lazar22b no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:30 PM   #19
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystyle
Compared to some radical Muslim rhetoric bin laden could be negotiated with, but idiot bush denied that chance believing in absolutes and ideals over sensibility and cooperation.
Yeah, Bush should have invited Bin Laden to a summit in Washington, DC. There, over some fine apple pie, they could have talked about world peace and America's withdrawal from Saudi-Arabia and the reconquest of Al Andalus.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:31 PM   #20
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

"The Specifics of the fires in WTC7 and how they caused the collapse remain unknown at the time".

They also state that they don’t know why the rest of the rigid tower fell floor into floor even though these structures seemed undamaged(only fuel pumps going up the floors could explain this) of the tower was undamaged. There are no suggestions of buckling floor plates and members can be seen from videos and FEMA agrees with that, only collapsing of these structures onto of each other.

Meaning the core fell first dragging the floors down inwards like a controlled demolition. The only explanation is the diesel fuel pumps but that seems just a little inconclusive from the damage and smoke coming from the building that was minimal diesel under pressure acts very violently when combusted.
- John Locke