daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Forums > Architecture

Architecture news and discussions on all buildings types and urban spaces
» Classic Architecture | European Classic Architecture and Landscapes | Public Space | Shopping Architecture | Design & Lifestyle | Urban Renewal and Redevelopment

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 6th, 2006, 11:36 PM   #21
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Likes (Received): 501

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40Acres
LOL
Well he did say we won’t negotiate with terrorists or evil doers as they call them in teas. Its called world social and justice issues and even diplomacy? Healthy negotiations? And constructive dialog towards peace.

O well your a Texan.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Citystyle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:37 PM   #22
chester84

Likes (Received): 0

its hard to go against what is pointed out in the videos, things dont add up. although i dont know who made the videos and if the sound files have been "tampered" with to get their point across.

there's always the possibility of terrorists planting explosives in the buildings pre 9/11 which could explain the behaviour of the buildings collapse, but that is unlikely.

why would the goverment be involved? what would they possibly have to gain from doing such a thing?
chester84 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:41 PM   #23
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazar22b
yes

I'm sick of arguing against the conspiracy nutheads. This is basic physics people. Please educate yourselves.
Wicked share your wisdom? Or would you be like an opposite of a 911 theorist a unquestioning bandwagon for dismisville?

I never did physics so I base my views on basic physics and motion laws.

PS: you reminded me about the disappearing spire of WTC collapse leaving dust behind great video, very cheeky. You will know what happened it’s a very clever trick of the eyes.
Sec. 31 But how far has he given it us? To enjoy. As much as anyone can make use of to any advantage of life before it spoils, whatever is beyond this, is more than his share, and belongs to others. Nothing was made by God for man to spoil or destroy. And thus considering the plenty of natural provisions there was a long time in the world, and the few spenders, and to how small a part provision the industry of one man could extend itself, and ingross itself to the prejudice of others.
- John Locke
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:42 PM   #24
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

i think there were alien bodies stored on the 21st floor of 7WTC and the federal government needed to get rid of them in a jiffy.
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:43 PM   #25
Marcanadian

Likes (Received): 2585

More conspiracy theories?
Leave it alone already, the buildings collapsed on their own, case closed.
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:44 PM   #26
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester84
its hard to go against what is pointed out in the videos, things dont add up. although i dont know who made the videos and if the sound files have been "tampered" with to get their point across.

there's always the possibility of terrorists planting explosives in the buildings pre 9/11 which could explain the behaviour of the buildings collapse, but that is unlikely.

why would the goverment be involved? what would they possibly have to gain from doing such a thing?
I explained a few reasons. But i doubt it, someone else could have organised it.

I wont swallow the offical report but The planes still could have brought the twins down and the fires in WTC7 things are so muddy and there is multiple rules that apply when taking into acount multiple factors. Claims and counter claims one after another no one seems to know everything.

The things that raise eyebrows is the shutdowns on multiple theorys and hiding of evidence we know is there.
- John Locke
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:46 PM   #27
Citystyle
Watch my Chops

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcanadian
More conspiracy theories?
Leave it alone already, the buildings collapsed on their own, case closed.
Well your lucky you know such a thing.
- John Locke
Old April 6th, 2006, 11:59 PM   #28
tootshibbard

Citystyle, it is almost too much temptation for me to sit here and mercilessly mock your coherency and obtuse reasoning but I don't care to get banned.

You believe in such drivel because you likely have an expedient ideological worldviews that needs some conspiracy theories to thrive to propagate your twisted reasoning. I will just chalk it up to aliens that have come to ones house and vacuum sucked peoples ones brain.
tootshibbard no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 01:21 AM   #29
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Citystyle
Um not really. Anyhow i dont know what to beleive, things are set in motion so ill go about protecting my wealth and self in the new world.

Nothing is wrong with debate but idiots try to close it off.
Yeah, really. Pure 100% lunacy. What you, and other conspiracy theorists do is, rather than research the topic like I did, you pull bizzare claims of government coverups and alien agendas out of your ass.

7WTC collapsed due damage from Tower 1's collapse combined with a fire caused by diesel fuel meant to power emergency generators which heated colums that didn't have proper fire protection.

No bombs. No secrets. Just a bad series of events combined with non-conforming safety measures in a building built to lax 1968 NYC building codes.
Old April 7th, 2006, 01:27 AM   #30
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmancuso
i think there were alien bodies stored on the 21st floor of 7WTC and the federal government needed to get rid of them in a jiffy.
Agent Scully is so hot!

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Kampflamm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 01:30 AM   #31
STR
What'u smokin' Willis?

Likes (Received): 104

^One of the few sane posts in this whole thread.
Old April 7th, 2006, 01:59 AM   #32
7 World Trade
Long live the Twins!

Likes (Received): 2

ive heard conspiracy theorists say that a bunch of guys under the direction of silverstein planted explosives in the building shortly after the towers collapsed and imploded it so that they can get insurance money.

of course, the above, as well as other theories about 7 wtc's mysterious demise are pretty much just tall tales that are simply too far from reality to be true. the above theory, for example, can be disproven on the ground that someone has to be absolutely stupid to just destroy 2 million sq. ft of office space in a relatively new building (14 years old to be exact).

but what i find shocking is that the emergency fuel release system had a serious design and programming flaw that caused the fuel, which were safely stored in the underground floors, to flow up into the emergency storage tanks on the lower floors after the substation in the building was shut down. and that's where the fuel was when debris from the north tower penetrated the building, and the rest is history. the building wasn't even that badly damaged, and it's purely the fire that caused it to collapse.

while i have nothing against its succesor, it's a real shame that 7 wtc didn't survive that fateful day while all the other buildings bordering the wtc superblock did.
The Ground Zero Rebuilding Scandal- Justin Berzon's complete story of the WTC rebuilding scandal
Proud fan of NASCAR drivers Kevin Harvick and Scott Wimmer
7 World Trade no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:04 AM   #33
jmancuso
make it so...

Likes (Received): 56

ya know what's weird is that the first time i went to new york (1986), i took pictures of the old 7WTC under contrsuction and then i went back for the second time last week and took pictures of the new 7WTC under construction.

and yes...scully is hot.
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:28 AM   #34
heavyzakura334
Comrade Heavy

Yeah, five minutes of internet research will really provide adequate answers.
[sarcasm off]

Old April 7th, 2006, 02:37 AM   #35
heavyzakura334
Comrade Heavy

Let me just say this.

The start of the Spanish American War was caused by the United States. The US sinked the Merrimac inorder to invade Cuba.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish-American_War

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident that resulted in the resolution:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

The government has lied before to get wha it wants and to convice people to go to war. What makes you think that the Bush Administration would not lie again? I mean, their reasons for going to war are a ll BULL SHIT. Why wouoldn't they lie about 9-11?
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:39 AM   #36
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyzakura334
Let me just say this.

The start of the Spanish American War was caused by the United States. The US sinked the Merrimac inorder to invade Cuba.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Spanish-American_War

The Gulf of Tonkin Incident that resulted in the resolution:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gulf_of_Tonkin_Incident

The government has lied before to get wha it wants and to convice people to go to war. What makes you think that the Bush Administration would not lie again? I mean, their reasons for going to war are a ll BULL SHIT. Why wouoldn't they lie about 9-11?
What exactly does all of this have to do with 9/11? Seriously, you think Bush orchestrated these attacks? People like you make me sick.

"I think it's a privilege to call yourself a Wunderbarler and it's something that you have to earn."
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:48 AM   #37
heavyzakura334
Comrade Heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kampflamm
What exactly does all of this have to do with 9/11? Seriously, you think Bush orchestrated these attacks? People like you make me sick.
Bush did not. He's not that smart. However, the government knew of the attack before it happened.
Old April 7th, 2006, 02:59 AM   #38
BostonSkyGuy

Quote:
Bush did not. He's not that smart. However, the government knew of the attack before it happened.
If the government is so malicious, why do you live in California?

You conspiracists are so ridiculous. You're on an architecture site and you have abso-*******-lutely no idea about the building structure of the WTC and how architect Minoru Yamasaki designed it.

Learn about building skyscrapers and then you might understand how differing from the norm in regards to the center columns and support ended up causing the buildings to collapse.
BostonSkyGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 7th, 2006, 03:06 AM   #39
heavyzakura334
Comrade Heavy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonSkyGuy
If the government is so malicious, why do you live in California?

You conspiracists are so ridiculous. You're on an architecture site and you have abso-*******-lutely no idea about the building structure of the WTC and how architect Minoru Yamasaki designed it.

Learn about building skyscrapers and then you might understand how differing from the norm in regards to the center columns and support ended up causing the buildings to collapse.
Old April 7th, 2006, 03:15 AM   #40
Kampflamm
Endorsed by the NRA

Quote:
Wow, you really won me over with that argument. Did you study or are you just talented?