daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 30th, 2009, 10:07 PM   #2101
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Some new buildings currently under construction in Central Paris.

109/111 rue de Ménilmontant (20th arrondissement). 65 dwellings for students.

119 rue Oberkampf (11th arrondissement). The apartments are on sale for the hefty price of €8,470 per m² (US$1,160 per sq. ft).

12 rue Turgot (9th arrondissement). A multi-level parking structure from the 1930s reconverted into apartments (lofts), each with its own parking space on the same floor (i.e. if you live on the 5th floor, you can reach directly the 5th floor with your car!).

Before:

After:

The new staircase of the Trousseau Hospital (12th arrondissement).

15 rue des Pavillons (20th arrondissement). A social housing project. The architect is Frédéric Borel.

52-56 avenue Raymond Poincaré (16th arrondissement). Private investors. The architect is Frédéric Borel.

Further in the suburbs, the Ecole des Beaux Arts, in Versailles. The façade is made exclusively of solid stones.

Reconversion of the 19th century Crédit Lyonnais headquarters (2nd arrondissement), in the heart of the central business district. The headquarters burnt in 1996 and have been entirely reconverted. The Crédit Lyonnais bank will now occupy only half of the huge building, and the rest is rented to other companies. Rents in this prestigious building in the heart of the CBD are said to reach as high as €800 per m² (US$100 per sq. ft) not including taxes and utilities.

And countless other projects, but the French forumers regrettably never post them in this forum...
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 31st, 2009, 09:09 PM   #2102
Sacré Coeur

Likes (Received): 534

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
109/111 rue de Ménilmontant (20th arrondissement). 65 dwellings for students.

15 rue des Pavillons (20th arrondissement). A social housing project. The architect is Frédéric Borel.
Those ones are actually built.
Sacré Coeur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 4th, 2009, 09:29 PM   #2103
brisavoine
BANNED

News of the 323m (1,060ft) Hermitage Towers. According to the French forumer Sinha, financing of the towers is almost completely secured (Swiss and Qatari investors). Half of the people who rent apartments in the buildings that need to be destroyed to make way for the Hermitage Towers have already been relocated to other buildings in Greater Paris. Construction of the towers is now scheduled to start in the end of 2010 or beginning of 2011 (only little more than a year from now then), and completion of the towers is expected in 2015-2016. The Russian developers are more and more confident about the project.

Last but not least, the Russian developers who plan to build the Hermitage Towers also have other tower projects in Greater Paris and other French cities, but this is still kept undisclosed! According to Sinha, apart from the 250,000 m² of the Hermitage Towers, they are also working on 450,000 m² of towers in another location in Greater Paris, in Lyon, in Marseille, and even also possibly Lille. They believe that France has the best potential in Europe for developers in the next 10 years.

According to the forumer Mikeee, the architect firm Foster + Partners, which designed the Hermitage Towers, are building two 30 m (100 ft) models of the towers somewhere in a secret location in the suburbs of Paris (one model using concrete, and the other one using steel beams) in order to determine which solution is best for building the towers. The structural engineering firm LERA was selected by Foster + Partners to conduct all the structural engineering work: http://www.lera.com/projects/hir/hermitage.htm

Here is a small scale model of La Défense showing the Hermitage Towers and the other supertalls planned in the coming years. It is on display at the La Défense Museum (a museum which presents the history of La Défense).

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Old November 6th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #2104
LeB.Fr
BANNED

Likes (Received): 20

First Tower - La Defense. Photos taken today by french forumer Steph35

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph35 View Post

LeB.Fr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 12th, 2009, 05:49 PM   #2105
brisavoine
BANNED

The 24-floor Mozart Tower in Issy-les-Moulineaux, to the south-west of Central Paris, is nearing completion.

The futuristic building to the right of the picture is the new headquarters of Bouygues Immobilier by Christian de Portzamparc, of which I already talked about in post #2086.
Old November 16th, 2009, 12:48 AM   #2106
Phobos

Does anyone know when construction of Paris Philarmonie by Jean Nouvel starts?
I heard it would be in September but I guess it has been delayed.
Old November 17th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #2107
nouveau.ukiyo

Likes (Received): 25

Hey brisavoine, thanks for keeping us updated here.

Any word on the new train lines the will ring around the city? It was big news when it came out, but I haven't heard anything since.
nouveau.ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 17th, 2009, 05:43 PM   #2108
brisavoine
BANNED

Check post #2088.

The law creating the Société du Grand Paris that will be in charge of building this new mega transport infrastructure has been fast tracked in the French Paliament and will be discussed and probably voted in the National Assembly on November 24-26. Then it will go to the French Senate where it should be discussed and voted in February next year. After that, the legal and technical procedure (opening a mandatory public debate, getting all the legal and technical certifications, etc.) will officially start on September 1, 2010, and the exact location of the 40 Métro stations on that new mega line will be announced in the end of 2010.

Here is the full text of the law creating the Société du Grand Paris that should be voted on November 24-26: http://www.assemblee-nationale.fr/13/projets/pl1961.asp

The government estimates that this new line will cost 20.5 billion euros (US$30.5 bn). 17 billion will be financed by government bonds (perhaps part of the large national bond to be launched shortly to fund research, hi-tech industries, green energy, railways, etc., in order to boost future French growth). The remaining 3.5 billion will be financed by a capital contribution (from the government I suppose) and by land-value gains created by that new infrastructure around the new Métro stations.

On top of these 20.5 billion euros, another 14.5 billion euros (US$21.5 bn) will be invested by the government to improve the current Métro and RER lines, notably by:
- extending line 14 of the Métro (the most recent and fully automated line of the Paris Métro that will be extended north of St Lazare station to removed congestion in that area of the Métro network and serve the new Batignoles district where a skyscraper will be built, see post #2095)
- extending line E of the RER to La Défense (it currently stops at St Lazare-Haussmann, but will be extended to La Défense to connect with the western suburban lines and remove stress on the other lines serving La Défense, keeping in mind the increase of workers at La Défense due to the new skyscrapers to be built there)
- extending other Métro lines (lines 12, 1, and a couple others).
- building and extending several tramway lines
- converting several Métro lines into fully automated Métro lines (line 1 is currently being converted into a fully automated line, others should follow)

So in total, 35 billion euros (US$52 bn) should be invested in the Greater Paris public transportation network in the coming 10 years. In a large measure due to the involvement of Nicolas Sarkozy who is very much behind the whole project and wants to see most of it nearing completion when he leaves office in 2017 (if he's reelected in 2012).
Old November 18th, 2009, 04:38 PM   #2109
nouveau.ukiyo

Likes (Received): 25

Thanks for the info. There's a lot of great developments coming out of Paris lately; I'm looking forward to them, but I'm also, frankly speaking, a bit surprised as well.
nouveau.ukiyo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 20th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #2110
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2921

HERMITAGE PLAZA

Quote:
News of the 323m (1,060ft) Hermitage Towers. According to the French forumer Sinha, financing of the towers is almost completely secured (Swiss and Qatari investors). Half of the people who rent apartments in the buildings that need to be destroyed to make way for the Hermitage Towers have already been relocated to other buildings in Greater Paris. Construction of the towers is now scheduled to start in the end of 2010 or beginning of 2011 (only little more than a year from now then), and completion of the towers is expected in 2015-2016. The Russian developers are more and more confident about the project.

Last but not least, the Russian developers who plan to build the Hermitage Towers also have other tower projects in Greater Paris and other French cities, but this is still kept undisclosed! According to Sinha, apart from the 250,000 m² of the Hermitage Towers, they are also working on 450,000 m² of towers in another location in Greater Paris, in Lyon, in Marseille, and even also possibly Lille. They believe that France has the best potential in Europe for developers in the next 10 years.

According to the forumer Mikeee, the architect firm Foster + Partners, which designed the Hermitage Towers, are building two 30 m (100 ft) models of the towers somewhere in a secret location in the suburbs of Paris (one model using concrete, and the other one using steel beams) in order to determine which solution is best for building the towers. The structural engineering firm LERA was selected by Foster + Partners to conduct all the structural engineering work: http://www.lera.com/projects/hir/hermitage.htm

Here is a small scale model of La Défense showing the Hermitage Towers and the other supertalls planned in the coming years. It is on display at the La Défense Museum (a museum which presents the history of La Défense).

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
Hi there,

OMG,if your sources really are reliable(actually Sinha's) it's great news...
But I don't wanna get carried away,it's better to remain careful...However,I had already heard of those 30m replicas being currently built in Paris,I would love those to be officially confirmed though...

If the financing definitely is secured,that's very encouraging.Now,there's the second half of the people left to be relocated and things will appear smoother...

Honestly, I'm puzzled about "Hermitage Plaza" being scheduled end 2010/beginning 2011(I wish it was true,would be wicked)but I doubt it.
Whatever, let's think positive,I don't feel like being despondent,it could bring bad luck to the project...

Thank you very much dude for the information,all we can do is pray right now...We'll see what the future holds(hopefully,it will be full of promises)
Fingers crossed...
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 21st, 2009, 05:02 PM   #2111
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2921

The "PHILHARMONIE DE PARIS" by Jean Nouvel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
Does anyone know when construction of Paris Philarmonie by Jean Nouvel starts?
I heard it would be in September but I guess it has been delayed.
Hello dude,

Even though I cannot confirm it officially(I don't live in Paris right now but in the next few months yes) the works were due in autumn 2009(actually in september indeed) therefore I assume that they have already started.

Furthermore,according to Wikipedia,it says that it's currently U/C.

As soon as we have pictures of the site,we'll post them on here!

The "Philharmonie de Paris" is said to be delivered for october 2012.

For those willing to see what it's gonna look like,here are a few renders:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=413073&page=5
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2009, 11:12 PM   #2112
brisavoine
BANNED

A picture taken by the French forumer JP showing the skyscrapers currently under construction behind the Champs-Elysées.

image hosted on flickr
Old November 25th, 2009, 02:31 AM   #2113
the Ludovico center
Je Maintiendrai

Likes (Received): 394

The arc de triomphe visible on that pic doesn't look like it's made of stones.

In fact that arc looks so cartoonish that, even if one has never heard of Paris, Las Vegas () one would still come to the inevitable conclusion that the damn thing must be some kind of a mockup in a studio or a themepark or something (and never ever mistake it for the real one
the Ludovico center no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 25th, 2009, 06:25 PM   #2114
Luo

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
A picture taken by the French forumer JP showing the skyscrapers currently under construction behind the Champs-Elysées.

image hosted on flickr
This is Las Vegas, not Paris man
Old November 25th, 2009, 06:29 PM   #2115
Dale

Likes (Received): 5511

Hehe, I'm an American and even I knew that!
Dale no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 06:10 PM   #2116
friedemann

Likes (Received): 945

Quote:
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
I wish we would have serious projects of that scale in Frankfurt!
friedemann no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 26th, 2009, 07:21 PM   #2117
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5695

Be safe, there's no serious project going on in France either.
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:08 PM   #2118
kosovania
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Magnificent projects going on in Paris
kosovania no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #2119
KaEL-

Yeah!!! new pics of New AXA Tower from Steph35

and a video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5tv9S297gM
KaEL- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 28th, 2009, 11:34 PM   #2120
LoveAgent.
Need new name...

Likes (Received): 264

Can't wait till its finished
Amazing tower
LoveAgent. no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects