daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 29th, 2010, 01:28 AM   #2361
brunob
USA until further notice

Likes (Received): 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB31 View Post
I want to ask about the tower of Jean Michel Wilmotte

Hot air. The project's a stunner but right now it's little more than speculation with no verifiable source.

Sorry. I'd also like this to be true but i'm afraid there's not even a shred of evidence to support the rumour.

Last edited by Matthieu; August 29th, 2010 at 05:43 PM. Reason: made it less personnal
brunob no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old August 29th, 2010, 03:07 AM   #2362
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
I'm particularly happy to hear that the viewing floor dedicated to the public will be located this high (pretty much at the very top of Phare) that's excellent news, the view over Paris will be stunning!
Only if you can afford a super expensive cocktail or dinner.

I bet people will have to reserve months in advance. From the floor plans I saw in the administrative dossier, there won't be many tables in the restaurant, and the lounge area won't be able to accomodate many people. Given that lots of international tourists will probably make some reservations in order to see the view, the waiting list is probably going to be very long. I wonder how they will manage that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
any news about the clad btw?
We've seen two pieces of cladding so far. If that's the cladding they use in the end, it's going to look spectacular. By far the best cladding ever used in France, perhaps Europe. It has a silky texture almost like the wings of an insect. I have no clue what material they used to produce this effect. It looks so fragile, and yet it must have been designed to be quite resistant.

[img]http://i35.************/160sg14.png[/img]

Frankly, in the beginning I wasn't really convinced by Phare Tower, but the more we know about it, the more I think it's going to be something extraordinary. I still prefer the Hermitage Towers, because I'm more of a classic guy, but Phare Tower, with its crazy 22nd century base, its unheard-of shape, and its silky insect-like cladding has the potential to become one of the buildings that all the architecture schools around the world talk about.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 04:55 PM   #2363
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5604

I came here to check Paris projects, not to read some retarded ranting, I cleaned the thread. Ca suffit les conneries maintenant.
Old August 29th, 2010, 04:59 PM   #2364
brisavoine
BANNED

Oyez, oyez braves gens... (2nd part)

On Friday Minato Ku, Metropolitan, and myself did not just check the dossier of Phare Tower. We took advantage of the friendly administrative secretary (an oxymoron that ) to also ask for the dossier of Majunga Tower, whose building permit was officially issued last month.

Minato Ku will post scannings from the Majunga dossier soon, but here are the data I gathered. Majunga Tower will be exactly 193 meters (633 feet) from street level to the top of the roof. From the concrete slab of La Défense it will be 171 meters (561 feet) to the top of the roof. The tower will contain 48 floors (5 floors between street level and the concrete slab, and 43 floors above the concrete slab). There will also be 2 underground levels below the street level. The last floor accessible to the public will be the 45th floor (i.e. the 40th floor above the concrete slab). This floor is 170 meters above street level, and 147 meters above the concrete slab.

At 193 meters above street level, Majunga will be the 2nd tallest tower at La Défense (the tallest is the rebuilt Axa Tower), but from a distance it will look slightly smaller than the Total and Areva towers. The reason for that is because Total and Areva towers are built towards the top of La Défense Hill, whereas Majunga will be built further down the hill. The top of Majunga tower will be 231.5 meters above sea-level, whereas the top of Total and Areva is 236 meters above sea-level (the top of Areva is in fact 10 centimeters below the top of Total, if you wish to know everything!). For comparisons, the top of EDF Tower is 210 meters above sea-level, and the top of Gan Tower is 214 meters above sea-level. That being said, given that La Défense is most often seen from Central Paris, and given that Majunga is closer to Central Paris than the Total and Areva towers, it is Majunga that will look taller when seen from Central Paris.

Last but not least, your team of experts then went to see Majunga's construction site and took pictures of the building permit posted there + pictures of the construction site. Minato Ku should post them shortly here.

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Old August 29th, 2010, 05:38 PM   #2365
Minato ku

I posted the pictures in the international threads of these towers.

Tour Phare

Tour Majunga
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:53 PM   #2366
brisavoine
BANNED

Vas y, mets-les ici aussi, ça fera pas de mal. Tout le monde ne consulte pas les threads spécifiques des tours.
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:56 PM   #2367
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunob View Post
Hot air. The project's a stunner but right now it's little more than speculation with no verifiable source.

Sorry. I'd also like this to be true but i'm afraid there's not even a shred of evidence to support the rumour.
There is also no shred of evidence to support the idea that it won't be built. Saying that it is little more than speculation is purely personal opinion at this point. If anything, we know that some people have already worked many hours on it, and in a country where the mood is usually always pessimistic and sceptical, the simple fact that there are renewed talks about it is a very good sign.
Old August 29th, 2010, 05:59 PM   #2368
Minato ku

Tour Majunga

Last edited by Minato ku; August 29th, 2010 at 06:04 PM.
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:00 PM   #2369
Minato ku

Tour Phare

Tour Phare

Old August 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #2370
Minato ku

Tour Phare

South side

East West view of inside the tower.

Overall plan (scroll >>>>)
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:01 PM   #2371
Minato ku

Tour Phare

Ground level

Railways (voies ferrees) level

Concrete slab (R+00)

Last edited by Minato ku; August 30th, 2010 at 06:37 PM.
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 29th, 2010, 06:06 PM   #2372
Minato ku

Tour Phare

Second floor after the concrete slab (R+01)

Main lobby, tenth floor after the concrete slab (R+09)

Panoramic restaurant, 67th floor after the concrete slab (R+66)

Roof plan
Old August 29th, 2010, 07:56 PM   #2373
Minato ku

Tour Majunga

The building permit.

The place where the tower will be built.
Before 2005, an old residencial complex built was located here.
image hosted on flickr
Old August 29th, 2010, 08:37 PM   #2374
brisavoine
BANNED

So that's the two building permits we have a La Défense now:

Phare:
[img]http://i34.************/qrktn6.png[/img]

Majunga:

And soon, Hermitage.

PS: The friendly lady at the town hall told us there hasn't been any lawsuit against Phare Tower so far. People have until October 6, 2010 to file a lawsuit against Phare Tower. After that date nobody will be able to legally stop construction. Regarding Majunga, I think she also said nobody has filed a lawsuit so far. People have until September 29, 2010 at the latest to file a suit against Majunga.
Old August 30th, 2010, 12:42 PM   #2375
OMG!WTF!
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
So that's the two building permits we have a La Défense now:

Phare:

Majunga:

And soon, Hermitage.
Yes, its amazing how London suddenly building more skyscrapers, means Paris suddenly finds the will to build taller towers isnt it..?..

Anyone would think the two cities are in competition...

Of course i dont subscribe to such shallow, superficial notions in this day and age of European unity...
OMG!WTF! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:16 PM   #2376
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
Yes, its amazing how London suddenly building more skyscrapers, means Paris suddenly finds the will to build taller towers isnt it..?..

Of course i dont subscribe to such shallow, superficial notions in this day and age of European unity...
There's already been an argument of sorts about this, and it's already been deleted. Dragging other cities into the thread derails it.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 02:21 PM   #2377
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post

There's already been an argument of sorts about this, and it's already been deleted. Dragging other cities into the thread derails it.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 30th, 2010, 06:46 PM   #2378
Manuel

Likes (Received): 32

Thanks for gathering the info and scanning it guys! Phare is definitely the most interesting proposal so far. Looks very detailed.
Old August 30th, 2010, 11:22 PM   #2379
Myster E

Likes (Received): 73

i'm loving tour phare, it's just grown on me. Absolutely stunning, the quality of the materials should it materialise (no pun) should be worth waiting for and Mujunga looks so rich and beautiful. Equally impressed with the tour hermitage towers, well done Paris!
Myster E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 04:03 PM   #2380
brisavoine
BANNED

News from the 323m (1,060 ft) Hermitage Towers. Regarding the relocation of the tenants living in the three buildings that need to be demolished to make way for the Hermitage Towers, here was the situation as of June 2010 according to the prefecture of the Hauts-de-Seine department. In the first building (Infra building), 95% of the tenants have already been relocated by the developer to other buildings owned by the developer in Greater Paris. In the second building (Damiers d'Anjou), 75% of the tenants have already been relocated. In the third building (Damiers de Bretagne), I don't have the percentage, but only 92 tenants remain in that building.

Demolition of the Infra building could start pretty soon now. The demolition permit has already been officially issued by the authorities (demolition permit number 92 026 10 D003, issued last June). The second building (Damiers d'Anjou) will follow a few months later, and the last building (Damiers de Bretagne) could be demolished in the end of 2011.

Last but not least, on July 15, 2010 the La Défense Authority (EPAD) officially approved the Hermitage Towers project (13 board members in favor of it, 3 against). The Russian developer will invest 2 billion euros (2.5 billion US dollars) in the project. The towers will contain luxury apartments costing 12,000 euros per m² (1,415 US dollars per sq ft), 40,000 m² (430,000 sq ft) of offices, a 5 star hotel, a shopping mall, and a concert hall seating 300 people.

Dmitry Medvedev and Nicolas Sarkozy were both present when the official agreement was signed between the Russian developer and the La Défense Authority.

A picture of the demolition permit posted at the entrance of the Infra building last June:

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects