daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 8th, 2006, 04:02 PM   #221
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

As you know, La Défense is outisde of Bertrand Delanoë's jurisdiction.

The only people who could alter the La Défense 2015 project are:
  • the director of La Défense Authority: Bernard Bled (a former protégé of Jacques Chirac)
  • the chairman of La Défense Authority and chairman of the Hauts-de-Seine departmental council: Nicolas Sarkozy (who also happens to be candidate for next year's presidential election and is a vocal critic of Jacques Chirac)
  • the French government, under whose jurisdiction is La Défense: namely, prime minister Dominique de Villepin and president Jacques Chirac, who will most probably both leave French politics in May 2007

Absolutely no one else has any decision-making power over the project.

Last edited by brisavoine; July 8th, 2006 at 04:15 PM.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 9th, 2006, 05:50 AM   #222
Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril
I hate to tell this but the 400m supertall is rumored to be cropped to a max 300m. Some people think that the tower should not be taller than the Eiffel Tower Let's hope all this is only rubbish though.
I hope this is just a rumour,that makes no sense at all.
Old July 11th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #223
brisavoine
BANNED

The half-yearly Paris - Crane Survey has been released: link. Published by Drivers Jonas - European Property Consultants and by the Grecam research group twice a year, it lists all new and refurbished speculative office developments in central Paris and its inner suburbs. Please note that only developments with more than 1,000 m² (10,764 sq. ft) of office space are surveyed. Also note that the outer suburbs of Paris are excluded from the survey, leaving large office developments (such as Dassault Systèmes in Vélizy or EADS in the southern suburbs) out of scope. The figures listed below are thus only a partial picture of office development in Greater Paris (although a good enough indicator given that most developments in Greater Paris are located in central Paris and its inner suburbs).

According to the survey, as of March 31, 2006 there were 1,358,701 m² (14,624,939 sq. ft) of office space under construction or refurbishment in central Paris and its inner suburbs. 32% of that total office space, i.e. 434,076 m² (4,672,355 sq. ft), already have pre-lets. In the six months from the beginning of October 2005 to the end of March 2006, 312,506 m² (3,363,786 sq. ft) of office space were completed and delivered to clients.

Among the 1,358,701 m² currently under construction or refurbishment, 323,726 m² (3,484,558 sq. ft) are in the City of Paris proper, 269,305 m² (2,898,775 sq. ft) are in La Défense, and the remaining 765,670 m² (8,241,603 sq. ft) are in the inner suburbs, essentially the western inner suburbs. The three largest office developments under construction are the Granite Tower (68,000 m²/732,000 sq. ft), T1 Tower (65,651 m²/706,661 sq. ft), and the new headquarters of AXA (three mid-rise buildings linked by an underground street: 60,200 m²/647,987 sq. ft). These three developments are inside or near La Défense.

For a better understanding of these figures, as of December 31, 2005, the total area of (already built) office space in Greater Paris (including outer suburbs) amounted to 49 million m² (527 million sq. ft). The La Défense 2015 project, with several supertall skyscrapers due to be built, will result in the construction of 850,000 m² (9,150,000 sq. ft) of office space (500,000 m² new office space, and 350,000 m² refurbishment).
Old July 12th, 2006, 01:36 PM   #224
brisavoine
BANNED

This map shows all speculative office developments larger than 5,000 m² (53,820 sq. ft) completed and delivered to clients between 1998 and 2004 in Greater Paris. In light blue are reconstructions and refurbishments; in dark blue are new constructions.

Old July 15th, 2006, 07:08 PM   #225
brisavoine
BANNED

An interesting German analysis of the Paris office market:
Can Paris beat London? (on pages 8, 9 and 10 of the PDF)

I guess these office market trends explain the logics behind La Défense 2015 project and other skyscraper projects in the Paris area.
Old July 21st, 2006, 03:36 PM   #226
brisavoine
BANNED

Great news today. It has been announced on the La Défense Authority website (www.ladefense.fr) that the La Défense 2015 project, which entails the construction of several supertall skyscrapers, will be officially adopted Tuesday next week (July 25). Here is my translation of the announcement posted on their website. Words in brackets [xx] are translator's notes to clarify the text.

"On Tuesday July 25, 2006, an extraordinary board meeting will take place at [the headquarters of] La Défense Authority. Nicolas Sarkozy, Minister of the Interior and chairman of the Hauts-de-Seine departmental council, and Dominique Perben, Minister of Transportation, Public Works, Tourism and the Sea, will present the plans selected by the [French] State for the future of La Défense Business District.

The decisions that [the French government] came to aim at launching a significant new development phase for La Défense that will give [the business district] new assets absolutely necessary to reinforce its position as Europe's number one business district."

Last edited by brisavoine; July 21st, 2006 at 03:51 PM.
Old July 22nd, 2006, 12:56 AM   #227
Phobos

It seems we will see some renders on Tuesday
Old July 22nd, 2006, 01:30 AM   #228
brisavoine
BANNED

No, no renders, just the official government green light to the project, and maybe some details as to exactly how many supertalls will be built, and how tall they will be. Renderings are due for the end of September, that's what several forumers working in famous architect firms across the world have said.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 03:04 PM   #229
[email protected]
Funk Master

Likes (Received): 5

I secretely hope 2 towers taller than 300m in La defense
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:37 PM   #230
George5
BANNED

I think hight of the scrapers and renderings must be keept out of the public eyes.

About Paris vs. London economic and etc. comparation usually London data is overated like Eurostat GDP and GDP per capita of the European Regions where Central Londonpresented like the best among IDF and other huge European Regions even it is smaller ten and even more times?

By GDP per capita Paris region IDF is the best in Europe and only state of the Luxemburg (by Euro standards presented like region) have the higher GDP per capita than Ile de France and Central London? Luxemburg is state, Central London is center of the the city London and not comparable with Paris Region not to mention region of the Ile de France, so after all Euro region with highest GDP per capita in Europe is Ile de France and what is the most important it is one of the biggest regions in Europe. Anywhere every statistics about Euro cities or regions we must examine very careful, becouase many times those are just advertisning, usually London advertisning, like I was read that London is best traffic connected city in Europe, even they drive on another side than all Europe, and you must wait with your car, bus and etc few hours to be transfer by trains or ships on Europe mainland, not to mention that British train system is behind French and German least twenty years. Like we see from Olympics bids, Paris have everything now, what London or UK must construct for Olympics 2012. Until that Paris will have a lot more than now.

So that is way Paris beats London in everything and why many British here are so jalous on Paris and allways try to advertise London on threads about Paris on this forum. Just question is why forum leaders tolerated that in past?

Last edited by George5; July 23rd, 2006 at 04:44 PM.
George5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 04:54 PM   #231
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by George5
Like we see from Olympics bids, Paris have everything now, what London or UK must construct for Olympics 2012. Until that Paris will have a lot more than now.
And you wonder why Paris lost? London is building amazing state of the art stadiums especially for the games, which will cement it as a sporting capital in Europe, while Paris wanted to use a stadium already nearly a decade old now. The only citiy comparable to London's economy is New York, and maybe Tokyo.

Quote:
So that is way Paris beats London in everything and why many British here are so jalous on Paris and allways try to advertise London on threads about Paris on this forum. Just question is why forum leaders tolerated that in past?
You can take my word I am in no way jealous of Paris. Except for maybe the nice tree lined boulavards, I liked that. I have been twice, and it's a very nice city, but I have no reason to be jealous, especially with the vast redevelopment going on in London.

Last edited by newcastle kid; July 23rd, 2006 at 05:02 PM.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 05:13 PM   #232
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13283

Quote:

So that is way Paris beats London in everything
You're funny
Old July 23rd, 2006, 07:46 PM   #233
Phil
For great justice

Likes (Received): 0

Don't feed the troll, and more important, don't act like one either; London and Paris perfectly compare in size or economic weight or whatever. London has a more important financial sector and that's it, good for them , and so what ? now back to the Projects.
Phil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:03 PM   #234
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by newcastle kid
The only citiy comparable to London's economy is New York, and maybe Tokyo.
According to Eurostat (source):
- total GDP of Greater Paris in 2003: 448.5 billion euros
- total GDP of Greater London in 2003: 298.7 billion euros

According to ORIE website (source):
- total office stock in Greater Paris in 2005: 48.5 million m²
According to the GLA website (source):
- total office stock in Greater London in 2005: 28.5 million m²

So please! Stop posting insulting messages here. This is not the first time. Your chauvinistic and disparaging attitude is a disgrace to this forum.
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:41 PM   #235
Newcastle Guy

I replied to a blatant attack on my capital city, don't you dare make accusations of me being insulting and calling me disgracefull when a parasian above me launched an attack on London, and UK forumers which I only replied to. It is extremely hypocritical to accuse UK forumers of things and not the french forumers who started it. And it seems alot of the time I have posted my opinion of some of the things in Paris I have been met with hostility, I believe last time it was an attack against me being a teenager (I know, how pathetic are some people?) for saying something about a picture and how alot of buildings in Paris are the same height. Apparently no one could disagree with my comment because it was a fact, so attacked me instead. So don't you go attacking me and other UK forumers when the french forumers can be just as bad, if not worse at times.

Now get back to Paris 2015 and stop dragging this shit out!
Old July 23rd, 2006, 08:59 PM   #236
Varenukha
London, UK

Likes (Received): 1

Brisavoine - I don't wanna talk to you no more, you empty headed animal food trough wiper! I fart in your general direction! You mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries! Now go away or I shall taunt you a second time-a!
Varenukha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:08 PM   #237
eklips

Likes (Received): 5026

Quote:
I have been met with hostility, I believe last time it was an attack against me being a teenager (I know, how pathetic are some people?) for saying something about a picture and how alot of buildings in Paris are the same height. Apparently no one could disagree with my comment because it was a fact, so attacked me instead.

Now get back to Paris 2015 and stop dragging this shit out!

Nobody answered to you with facts because this forum has been plagued (to which I sometimes contributed, something I now regret) by Paris vs London petty fights in its few years of existence, and everybody is getting tired of it.

So people did not answer to your provocations on a Paris thread because nobody wanted a Paris vs London again.

Now can you please, leave this topic, and all the other trolls as well?
eklips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:11 PM   #238
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
I replied to a blatant attack on my capital city, don't you dare make accusations of me being insulting and calling me disgracefull when a parasian above me launched an attack on London, and UK forumers which I only replied to. It is extremely hypocritical to accuse UK forumers of things and not the french forumers who started it. And it seems alot of the time I have posted my opinion of some of the things in Paris I have been met with hostility, I believe last time it was an attack against me being a teenager (I know, how pathetic are some people?) for saying something about a picture and how alot of buildings in Paris are the same height. Apparently no one could disagree with my comment because it was a fact, so attacked me instead. So don't you go attacking me and other UK forumers when the french forumers can be just as bad, if not worse at times.
Your messages would sound more credible if they weren't always negative and disparaging. I cannot recall that you ever wrote one single positive thing about Paris. Besides, this thread is not about how good or how bad Paris is, it is about informing people on future skyscraper projects in Paris. If you want to vent your frustration and distaste with Paris, create a "Paris is the worst city in the world" thread at Citytalk and Urban Issues. That's the proper place. Until then, don't be surprised if you encounter renewed hostily here each time you disparage Paris, which is not the purpose of this thread.

I also can't help thinking that it's rather funny for someone professing not to like Paris like you to spend his time checking this thread several times a day...
Old July 23rd, 2006, 09:54 PM   #239
Newcastle Guy

I don't recall ever actually saying I don't like Paris, been twice, really enjoyed it. I have been in this thread a few times, but so? Is that a crime? I certainly don't come in every day either.
Old July 24th, 2006, 01:16 AM   #240
George5
BANNED

It is amasing how forum leaders accept that British trolls destroy with lies every Paris thread?

Guys from UK, every time when you post a posts on Paris thread it just proved to rest of the us how you are jalous on Paris. Admit, Paris beats London in almost everything. Security, GDP per capita, transport in the city, motorways, high speed trains, Parisian also drives cars on the same side like the rest of the Europe and etc.

Newcastle,
voting for the city host of the OG is everything but based on qualities of candidate cities. You know very well for OL bids that Paris is ahead of the London in everything? What will London construct for 6 years is not any argument for good city. I want things what Paris have today, not for six year the same things will be construct in London? Six years is big period of the time, and do you think Paris will not construct anything?

Why French forumers don't troll London threads? Becouase French forumers are not jalous on the London.
George5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects