daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old August 31st, 2010, 06:27 PM   #2381
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4220

Conflicting figures for the Grand Paris expected population growth by 2030

Quote:
According to the Société du Grand Paris, "Insee forecasts a 669,000 inhabitants growth of the population of Ile-de-France between 2007 and 2030. But an increase of 1.8 million people "between 2005 and 2035 is reported several times in SGP documents.

It looks like the latter is the right option.

> (in French) http://www.lemoniteur.fr/131-etat-et...ses-hypotheses

Sponsored Links
Old August 31st, 2010, 07:30 PM   #2382
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

An increase of 669,000 people between 2007 and 2030 would mean +0.24% per year on average. An increase of 1.8 million people between 2005 and 2035 would mean +0.49% per year on average. For the records, between 2006 and 2009 the population of Greater Paris (Île-de-France) increased by +0.61% per year.

Both forecasts seem to have forgotten the large inflows of international immigrants, as usual in French forecasts. C'est la même myopie face à la réalité de l'immigration internationale massive à Paris qui avait caractérisé la vidéo de présentation de Paris pour les JO de 2012. Je n'en dirai pas plus !
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 31st, 2010, 08:14 PM   #2383
brisavoine
BANNED

Larger view of the demolition permit for the Infra building. Demolition could start as early as this Autumn.

image hosted on flickr

A video showing the ugly buildings that are going to be demolished. It is a propaganda video from the Russian developer Hermitage, but it is nonetheless interesting. It shows the buildings that are going to be demolished as well as the new buildings and houses where the tenants are relocated. Several tenants are interviewed and they say they love their new location and they are happy they left the shabby Damiers buildings. Russian marketing coming to France.

Old August 31st, 2010, 08:36 PM   #2384
Feanaro

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
News from the 323m (1,060 ft) Hermitage Towers. Regarding the relocation of the tenants living in the three buildings that need to be demolished to make way for the Hermitage Towers, here was the situation as of June 2010 according to the prefecture of the Hauts-de-Seine department. In the first building (Infra building), 95% of the tenants have already been relocated by the developer to other buildings owned by the developer in Greater Paris. In the second building (Damiers d'Anjou), 75% of the tenants have already been relocated. In the third building (Damiers de Bretagne), I don't have the percentage, but only 92 tenants remain in that building.

Demolition of the Infra building could start pretty soon now. The demolition permit has already been officially issued by the authorities (demolition permit number 92 026 10 D003, issued last June). The second building (Damiers d'Anjou) will follow a few months later, and the last building (Damiers de Bretagne) could be demolished in the end of 2011.

Last but not least, on July 15, 2010 the La Défense Authority (EPAD) officially approved the Hermitage Towers project (13 board members in favor of it, 3 against). The Russian developer will invest 2 billion euros (2.5 billion US dollars) in the project. The towers will contain luxury apartments costing 12,000 euros per m² (1,415 US dollars per sq ft), 40,000 m² (430,000 sq ft) of offices, a 5 star hotel, a shopping mall, and a concert hall seating 300 people.

Dmitry Medvedev and Nicolas Sarkozy were both present when the official agreement was signed between the Russian developer and the La Défense Authority.
Great news!!
Old August 31st, 2010, 11:19 PM   #2385
brisavoine
BANNED

U/c.

Old September 1st, 2010, 11:13 PM   #2386
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

What's that Brisavoine ?
Old September 1st, 2010, 11:16 PM   #2387
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5619

Tour Montparnasse obviously.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:24 AM   #2388
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Non, sans blague...

I obviously meant the scaffolding & stuff...I didn't know Montparnasse was being renovated!It looks as if some deconstruction was undertaken at the top :huh:

Can somebody tell me what it's all about please, I'm intrigued...
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:31 AM   #2389
brisavoine
BANNED

Bon, c'est de ma faute. Je pensais pourtant que le contexte était clair.

It's a picture of the Montparnasse under construction in the 1970s that I found online. A great picture, so I posted it here. Plus it reminds us how frozen Central Paris has become compared to the 1970s (imaginez un chantier comme ça dans l'hypercentre de Paris aujourd'hui...).
Old September 2nd, 2010, 12:32 AM   #2390
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Non, sans blague...

I obviously meant the scaffolding & stuff...I didn't know Montparnasse was being renovated!It looks as if some deconstruction was undertaken at the top :huh:

Can somebody tell me what it's all about please, I'm intrigued...
Because the picture is 38 years old.
Old September 2nd, 2010, 01:18 AM   #2391
CODEBARRE75011
Colonel Trautman

Likes (Received): 3566

1 photo trouvé par Jex7844 sur le forum francophone :
Photo prise par Thom Koopman

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thokoop/4834571599/

Last edited by CODEBARRE75011; September 4th, 2010 at 01:25 AM.
CODEBARRE75011 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2010, 02:06 AM   #2392
CODEBARRE75011
Colonel Trautman

Likes (Received): 3566

Des photos posté par Hirem sur le forum francophone

Old September 8th, 2010, 12:24 AM   #2393
Galik

Likes (Received): 64

Photo de la nouvelle skyline de la Défense le 3 septembre 2010:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by Galik; September 8th, 2010 at 12:41 AM.
Galik no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2010, 11:39 AM   #2394
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5619

Not very tall but quite dense.
Old September 11th, 2010, 02:56 PM   #2395
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

'Tour HORIZONS', update

The 'Tour Horizons' by Nouvel is taking shape...only 90m tall but a lovely & distinctive design:

Pics by Steph35

image hosted on flickr
Mock up

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

The 'Louis Vuitton Foundation for Creation'

***UNDER CONSTRUCTION***

image hosted on flickr

Picture by Dalbera taken on 13 august

You can now see the concrete structure rising gradually (red bit)...unfortunately the access to this site is a bit of a nightmare, not to say impossible, that's actually why there aren't many pictures so far...but the more it rises the easier it will be

Renderings:

Last edited by Jex7844; September 11th, 2010 at 03:23 PM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 04:54 AM   #2396
samba_man
Dobrando a Meta

Likes (Received): 19811

Beaultiful
Old September 12th, 2010, 06:36 AM   #2397
CB31

Likes (Received): 2164

What news on the Philharmonie?

I prepare for the coming year I hope to go to Paris to see a city that is developed with good projects, I hope to see towers in La Defense with growth, Paris projects that I can find?
CB31 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 08:54 AM   #2398
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Ha! I had no idea they were building the Nouvel tower at Boulogne-Billancourt.
Much less that they're getting close to topping it out!

Good news.
Old September 12th, 2010, 12:14 PM   #2399
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB31 View Post
What news on the Philharmonie?

I prepare for the coming year I hope to go to Paris to see a city that is developed with good projects, I hope to see towers in La Defense with growth, Paris projects that I can find?
Quote:
10/09/2010

Philharmonic of Paris: opening in autumn, 2013 if everything goes well

In the beginning, everything appeared to go very quickly. Announced with a nice unanimisme by mayor (Bertrand Delanoë) and minister (Renaud Donnedieu de Vabres, then in Culture) in March, 2006, entrusted to the architect Jean Nouvel in April, 2007, confirmed from next autumn by still newly elected Nicolas Sarkozy, building of the "big room" (two thousand four hundred places) in the park of Villette seemed thrown on good rails.

Then the information on the state of progress of plan became distinctly more discreet and more sporadic. And then, in the torpor of the summer, 2010, an Internet site of architectural information (Archicool.com) threw a paving in the pool: "Will the Philharmonic of Paris take place? "Under this title, the article noticed that "works have indeed never begun beyond the unearthing of the search of the construction site and of its protection with the realisation of a wall of périmétrique props, external wall in the foundations of the future building, which remain therefore to accomplish".

Questioned by Diapason, the president of the association Philharmonic of Paris, Laurent Bayle, confirms "a small delay or a certain delay"." We finished stage I, that of props and of the bet in the norms of foundations". But the construction site is stopped, and it "since spring" last. Because financial debates with Bouygues - the constructor of the building - started in autumn, 2009, trailed along, and they had not still completely succeeded at the beginning of September. At first, the businessman would have judged that the sum of the estimate (from 204 to 207 millions of euro, according to Laurent Bayle) was underestimated to accomplish the entirety of the plan of Jean Nouvel. Example of sticking point: the architect wants to make of his building a "mound" being able to be covered by the pedestrians and giving a point of view on Paris. Why not, but in that case it will be more expensive, would have substantially answered Bouygues, before softening its position up. Laurent Bayle had good hope of being able to conclude these "complex negotiations" before the end of this year, and of resume work in the same breath. But the construction site has already lost at the very least one year: the cultural equipment, which had to open in September, 2012, will be inaugurated at best only in autumn, 2013, between September and December.

From there to think that Villette is going to do the dangerous course of another Philharmonic, that from the Elbe to Hamburg... There, costs blew up, passing from 114 to 323 millions of euro, and the objective of a delivery of the building in 2012, after more than five working years, seems unrealistic. Laurent Bayle rejects the comparison with the Parisian file, certainly without excess and without complexity of plan hambourgeois, built on the water and understanding a hotel and luxurious flats. And the question of the financing does not worry him. The State will cover 45 % costs, city just as much. Having reserved its answer for a long time, the region Île-De-France ended up agreeing to lay the hand on the pocket, but still equivocates on the modalities of the remittance - with a preference for twenty million euro rather than for 10 % final envelopes, what could not be exactly the same thing. The approach of presidential election, of verdict of the ballot boxes which could mortgage plan if this one took too much delay, in the ages of budgetary famine, does not seem to shake the master of places. "It is a file shared between the city and the State. As part of presidential election, it is the whole chessboard that will demand", wants to believe Laurent Bayle. In other words, the Philharmonic could be protected by the political reality of instant - a mayor of left, an executive of right, and no possible alliance to hope to leave the ship. Until when?
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Very last pics dating from may 2010

image hosted on flickr

http://www.philharmoniedeparis.com/

http://www.diapasonmag.fr/news.php?id=707

Hope they sort out the financial issue asap so that work can resume...would be terrible to see this great project collapse...
Nouvel 's curse in Paris appears to go on...

Last edited by Jex7844; September 12th, 2010 at 12:40 PM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 12th, 2010, 10:29 PM   #2400
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

thx for the article Jex....BUT very difficult to apprehend an article when you dont know : date, source, context etc...

i had never seen the sample of the cladding before, wow it may look great though i find the whole building shape a bit akward...
kony está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects