daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old March 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM   #2621
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

Tout simplement magnifique
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old March 1st, 2011, 07:54 PM   #2622
dutchsnookerfan

Likes (Received): 9

Nice render
Old March 5th, 2011, 08:15 PM   #2623
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

The applications for the 3 building permits of the Hermitage Towers.

[img]http://i52.************/t8omd5.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i51.************/2u5ff9v.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i51.************/2jajng2.jpg[/img]
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2011, 12:56 AM   #2624
brisavoine
BANNED

A 315 meter (1,033 ft) tower by some Qatari developers to be announced at the MIPIM according to a French forumer.
Old March 8th, 2011, 02:04 AM   #2625
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
A 315 meter (1,033 ft) tower by some Qatari developers to be announced at the MIPIM according to a French forumer.
Most probably QIA
Old March 16th, 2011, 04:32 AM   #2626
brisavoine
BANNED

The Hermitage Towers compared to some other towers in the world.

[img]http://i54.************/50pkea.png[/img]
Old March 22nd, 2011, 08:08 PM   #2627
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Hi there!

What about the so-called new >300m tower by De Portzampac? (Was supposed to be unveiled at the MIPIM...) Was bullshit, wasn't it... ?
Old March 28th, 2011, 02:49 AM   #2628
brisavoine
BANNED

Portzamparc ?
Old March 28th, 2011, 08:35 PM   #2629
dutchsnookerfan

Likes (Received): 9

I havent seen that building i cant find it now. But portzamparc is not really my favorite urban architect. His houses are ok.
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:09 PM   #2630
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by hkskyline View Post
Dated Paris shopping hall gets multi-million makeover

Source : http://www.pbase.com/francist

PARIS, March 25 (Reuters) - Paris is building a colossal shell-like glass and steel canopy over its Les Halles shopping centre in an 800 million euro revamp of what has become an eyesore of dated architecture at the heart of the capital.

The vast project -- costing more than London's 2012 Olympic stadium or France's 2.5 km (1.5 mile) Millau viaduct which is the world's tallest bridge -- should transform the decades-old transport hub and underground mall into a striking visual landmark, even if Parisians are divided over the aesthetics.

The city's latest grand architectural project follows the building of a giant glass pyramid as a new entrance to the Louvre museum and a book-shaped national library by the Seine.

The architects plan to put together the 17,000 sq metre canopy offsite and erect it in one piece.

"We'll bring it in almost pre-fabricated, and everything has been designed to rest on the existing underground structure without adding any more pillars so as not to disrupt activities," Patrick Berger, one of the designers, told Reuters.

The renovation, set for completion in 2016, will include a redesign of the site's 10-acre garden and a revamp of the underground station. One of Europe's busiest, it connects five metro lines and three suburban train lines including the one that brings in visitors from Roissy airport.

But it is the undulating canopy with its pillarless greenish-yellow louvered roof that will take up the bulk of the cost and which is attracting the most criticism.

"It's going to be an absolute catastrophe. Architecturally it's rubbish and financially it's a scandal. The cost is absolutely astronomical," said Elisabeth Bourguinat of local association Accomplir which is fighting to halt the plans.

The louvered glass slats could let in rain, critics say, while the steel cables needed to stop the roof from caving in may block natural light, making electric lighting indispensable.

EMBLEMATIC SITE

Planners defend the design and say it will open up the confined and in places tatty underground shopping centre, creating a much-needed sense of space and accessibility.

They also say the cost is worth it for such a long-neglected and emblematic site. Formerly a bustling wholesale food market, immortalised by Emile Zola as the "belly of Paris", Les Halles is a gateway today into the centre of Paris for millions of commuters, tourists and youths from the city suburbs.

"We see it as a work of architecture, something that is completely in tune with the times, something that will leave a beautiful and lasting mark on the heart of the city," said Anne Hidalgo, deputy mayor of Paris.

Few would deny that Les Halles is badly in need of a makeover, to rid it of the stigma of a 1970s urban regeneration project widely regarded as a failure.

The original food market was moved out of the city to the now famously sprawling site of Rungis, and the elegant 19th century steel and glass pavilions designed by Victor Baltard to house the stalls were all ripped down.

In their place came a vast subterranean shopping centre, topped off at ground level with a labyrinthine garden and a jumble of glass, concrete and plastic buildings that soon became better known for drug dealing and shabby fast-food shops.

"It's totally hideous, it really doesn't make me feel like coming into work," said Flora Mazie who for five years has commuted in from the suburbs to work in a shop at Les Halles.

"The architecture has had its time. Maybe when it was built it was original and innovative but with these materials it really wasn't built to last," she said.

As the bulldozers move in to flatten the gardens, many are reserving judgement, wary of any grandiose architectural ambitions after the disappointment of the 1970s rebirth which also followed years of wrangling and consultation.

The destruction of the Baltard pavilions is now seen as a major architectural mistake. Only one was saved and moved out to the suburb of Nogent-sur-Marne where it was classed as a monument, although it now serves as the less illustrious setting for France's version of Pop Idol.

Asked how she feels about the new renovation, Caroline Joucla, who also works at the Forum, glances gloomily at the shabby concrete and discoloured glass and shrugs.

"I'm waiting to see what happens, it's a good idea in principle because it really isn't very nice here, but who knows how it will turn out," she says.

Old March 29th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #2631
Oursin Bleu

Likes (Received): 2

Tour triangle gets approval !

Quote:
Feu vert du conseil de Paris pour la tour Triangle d'Unibail-Rodamco

Le conseil de Paris a voté mardi un protocole d'accord avec Viparis, la filiale d'Unibail et de la Chambre de commerce de Paris, en vue de la construction d'une tour de bureaux de 180 mètres de haut, en forme de pyramide, porte de Versailles (tour Triangle), dans le XVe arrondissement de Paris.

(...)
http://http://www.businessimmo.com/c...nibail-rodamco
Oursin Bleu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 29th, 2011, 10:13 PM   #2632
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Le project ''Les Halles'' est monumentale.
Old March 30th, 2011, 12:29 AM   #2633
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Great project and i hope this will be really awesome when its built. Can't wait to check out some of the finest U/C sites in person. I will be in Paris during Easter holiday

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 08:58 PM   #2634
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Tower 'FIRST' was officially delivered today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Portzamparc ?
Well that's why I had read on some forums before the MIPIM...I can see that it's bullshit . Whatever...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

FIRST will be inaugurated on 5 may

http://www.batiactu.com/edito/apres-...firs-28631.php

Last edited by Jex7844; March 31st, 2011 at 09:49 PM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old March 31st, 2011, 10:21 PM   #2635
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Work to resume shortly for the 'Philharmonie de Paris'

Old March 31st, 2011, 10:28 PM   #2636
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Do you guys have any news around the Louis Vuitton Foundation Museum?
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:38 AM   #2637
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Hi BG PATRIOT, well The 'Fondation Louis Vuitton pour la Création' is still on hold because of that 70 year old twit whose name has slipped my mind. Nevertheless, quite a lot of people are backing the project among politicians, so hopefully there will be a happy outcome in the next few weeks. As far as I remember, work is unlikely to resume before June.
Old April 1st, 2011, 01:59 AM   #2638
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Hi BG PATRIOT, well The 'Fondation Louis Vuitton pour la Création' is still on hold because of that 70 year old twit whose name has slipped my mind. Nevertheless, quite a lot of people are backing the project among politicians, so hopefully there will be a happy outcome in the next few weeks. As far as I remember, work is unlikely to resume before June.
Well at least there are still chances for it to be built The building looks really good and it would become one of the jewels in Paris' architectural crown.

Thank you for the information
Old April 1st, 2011, 07:53 AM   #2639
Rachmaninov

Likes (Received): 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post

I am suspecting that once built, this would look a lot heavier than in the renderings...
Old April 1st, 2011, 10:39 AM   #2640
Gospodin A

Likes (Received): 2

Lovin' the horticultural plan, and the structure ofc! I hope it gets realised just as imagined!

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects