daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:55 PM   #2781
tuten

Likes (Received): 1369

I and most likely many other Londoners come to this thread simply to check on the progress of our neighbours as we are genuinely interested in skyscraper construction in Paris. However consistent comments on London projects from a particular forumer is going create a reaction and you cannot blame us for that.

It would be very easy to come here and retaliate with similar derogatory comments as I was tempted to do so, however I decided not to take the bait and just give a fairly harmless honest opinion. If it is the actions of 1 forumer that destabilises good threads such as these perhaps they should be encouraged not to.

Citius, Altius, Fortius.
tuten no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:57 PM   #2782
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuten View Post
However consistent comments on London projects from a particular forumer is going create a reaction and you cannot blame us for that.
Yeah, Cyril has the unfortunate tendency to always mention London and London projects whenever we talk about Paris. We deplore this in the French forum too.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:58 PM   #2783
tuten

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Those SSP diagrams are very simplified. 3D mockups of the towers plus detailed renders show of course much more details and refinements.
Sorry but I still find that design to be quite bland, the cross bracing has been done thousands of times, the cladding looks good but it still fairly standard. The height of this tower will be its selling point, and the fact that there are two of them!

Citius, Altius, Fortius.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 07:59 PM   #2784
tuten

Quote:
Yeah, Cyril has the unfortunate tendency to always mention London and London projects whenever we talk about Paris. We deplore this in the French forum too.
Everyone else knows I was talking about you . You are very good at giving information but perhaps a little less French supremist nationalism would be nice.

Sleep on it maybe.

Citius, Altius, Fortius.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:07 PM   #2785
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
the cross bracing has been done thousands of times
What about you post 1,000 pictures showing those 1,000 towers with cross bracing you're talking about?

Even if it had been done "thousands of times", it wouldn't make it any less beautiful. Otherwise we would stop pretty much any human attempt at doing anything, given that most things have already been done thousands of times since man was born.
Quote:
Everyone else knows I was talking about you
If you look at the last page, you'll see it is Cyril who brought the Shard in here. Not that any French forumer should be surprised.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 08:12 PM   #2786
tuten

You may think its looks beautiful and that's fine, I just think the design features are already overused, just like I don't think the shard looks like a 250m tower with a small spire on top . Each to their own.

Citius, Altius, Fortius.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 10:23 PM   #2787
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4217

Quote:
Oh I'm so sorry..next time I'll compare Paris with Limoges..both cities will be on par this way.
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:25 PM   #2788
the Ludovico center
Je Maintiendrai

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
As much as there's Godwin's Law there should be Matthieu's Law.

About any discussion involving Paris, the longer it get the higher the chances to see Monkey comming in and comparing whatever the conversation was about to something in London. The chances get to 100%.
Then why do you as a moderator allow that to happen?

Why do you wait until a Paris thread gets derailed by endless trolling about London?

I mean, if you yourself know the problem, why don't you solve it (or even better: why don't you preempt it)?

Last edited by the Ludovico center; June 22nd, 2011 at 11:35 PM.
the Ludovico center no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 22nd, 2011, 11:50 PM   #2789
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5604

I don't interfere with local mods' policy. I could, as an admin, proceed, but I leave moderators managing their section.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 01:53 AM   #2790
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Yet again that childish London VS Paris debate ...really sick & tired of that...can we please guys stick to the subject rather than straying from the point once again?

Brisavoine, Newcastle Guy is actually right, the hatchet won't be buried between our two nations if you deliberately add fuel to the fire dude......

Now guys, you shoudn't think that one opinion reflects everybody's, don't generalize please...

There are some good & bad things about our two capitals, so no need to get into an useless debate, we're supposed to be grown-ups, aren't we...?

Quote:
Are there any skyscrapers proposed closer (or within) the 'centre' of Paris?
Apart from many projects in La Défense, there are a few ones in Paris intra muros indeed tuten, TRIANGLE (180m) whose construction is to start in october 2012, TGI (160m) in september 2012, B3A tower (180m) late 2013, the latter is likely to be accompanied by another 2 or 3 towers in the same 'arrondissement' but they are not known yet.

Last edited by Jex7844; June 23rd, 2011 at 02:13 AM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:08 AM   #2791
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Brisavoine, Newcastle Guy is actually right, the hatchet won't be buried between our two nations if you deliberately add fuel to the fire dude...
I merely replied to our London-maniac Cyril. Perhaps I should have written the answer in French since it was intended first and foremost for Cyril, but then when I write in French I get the usual "this is an English-speaking forum" messages.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 02:54 AM   #2792
Clery

Likes (Received): 3590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Apart from many projects in La Défense, there are a few ones in Paris intra muros indeed tuten, TRIANGLE (180m) whose construction is to start in october 2012, TGI (160m) in september 2012, B3A tower (180m) late 2013, the latter is likely to be accompanied by another 2 or 3 towers in the same 'arrondissement' but they are not known yet.
None of these projects are really "central". If we consider the center of Paris to be the area inside lines 2 and 6, then Triangle is at 3km from the center and Hermitage Towers are at 3.4km from the center. It's basically the same.

And as a matter of fact, there are many more people working and shopping in La Défense than in the Porte de Versailles area. So I would actually consider La Défense to be more "central" than the exhibition area in many aspects.

Now that I said that, I don't believe it's necessarily a bad thing. I actually like better skyscrapers being built together in a designated area rather than scattered all accross a rather large center of Paris. All past attempts turned out being disasters.
Clery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 07:33 AM   #2793
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4217

Quote:
I merely replied to our London-maniac Cyril. Perhaps I should have written the answer in French since it was intended first and foremost for Cyril, but then when I write in French I get the usual "this is an English-speaking forum" messages.
I'm French and I like London..that is what Brisavoine simply cannot stand.
Back to the topic please: Paris.

Last edited by Cyril; June 23rd, 2011 at 07:40 AM.
Cyril no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 23rd, 2011, 03:18 PM   #2794
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
I'm French and I like London..
Personne ne te le reproche. Ce que beaucoup de monde te reproche c'est ta façon systématique et compulsive de toujours ramener Londres sur le tapis dans les threads sur Paris. Tu l'as encore fait hier dans ce thread. Après, que tu aimes Londres, Limoges ou Luanda, ça te regarde, et personne n'aura rien à y dire, tant que tu ne pourris pas tous les threads sur Paris avec ces villes.
Old June 23rd, 2011, 04:16 PM   #2795
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

+1...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back on topic folks!

Tour Horizons

image hosted on flickr

By ImagiNath on 19 june

image hosted on flickr

By F4BZ3F4B on 18 june
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Montparnasse tower's new lighting scheme (which was supposed to be unveiled on the occasion of the Fête de la Musique on 21 June), has been postponed for some reasons, but I got an email from Regis Clouzet yesterday saying that it will actually take place before the end of this year.

Last edited by Jex7844; June 24th, 2011 at 01:04 AM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 12:37 PM   #2796
el palmesano
Roquetero

Likes (Received): 19500

amazing!!!
Old June 25th, 2011, 04:53 PM   #2797
Innsertnamehere
insertoronto

Likes (Received): 677

ugly. there are too many different types of facades for my liking. it looks like 3 different buildings stacked on top of each other.
Innsertnamehere no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 25th, 2011, 05:34 PM   #2798
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2208

London Vs paris again?

why anyone called me?!

I'm kidding!

As an amateur photgraph i'm excited to take shots of shard as i would be excited if hermitages arrived one day...

No matter the height for me. London &paris will have the skyline they both deserved

But it's true that shard in term of height is a bit overrated due to this "artificial " supercherie top level which is really just about air sheleterd by glass surrounded it.
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:00 PM   #2799
tuten

Just like the height of the Eiffel tower is 'overrated' because most of it is a steel skelington?

I'm going to stick to Wikipedia to check up on Paris projects if all you can do is compare with London.

Citius, Altius, Fortius.
Old June 25th, 2011, 06:38 PM   #2800
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
it looks like 3 different buildings stacked on top of each other.
For your own info, it does not only "look" as it was Jean Nouvel's goal...

http://www.urbika.com/projects/view/4068-tour-horizon (recent article in english)

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects