daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 25th, 2011, 07:02 PM   #2801
eklips

Likes (Received): 5032

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
London Vs paris again?

why anyone called me?!

I'm kidding!

As an amateur photgraph i'm excited to take shots of shard as i would be excited if hermitages arrived one day...

No matter the height for me. London &paris will have the skyline they both deserved

But it's true that shard in term of height is a bit overrated due to this "artificial " supercherie top level which is really just about air sheleterd by glass surrounded it.

Can all you guys just shut the **** up? Thank you
eklips no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 25th, 2011, 07:47 PM   #2802
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5619

Quote:
Originally Posted by eklips View Post
Can all you guys just shut the **** up? Thank you
I second that.
Old June 25th, 2011, 11:38 PM   #2803
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Ça semble attirer des visiteurs ceci dit. On n'a jamais autant de participation et d'activité dans le thread que quand on parle de Londres. Etonnant, non ?
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 12:41 AM   #2804
dino2010

Likes (Received): 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
+1...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back on topic folks!

Tour Horizons

image hosted on flickr

By ImagiNath on 19 june

image hosted on flickr

By F4BZ3F4B on 18 june
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Montparnasse tower's new lighting scheme (which was supposed to be unveiled on the occasion of the Fête de la Musique on 21 June), has been postponed for some reasons, but I got an email from Regis Clouzet yesterday saying that it will actually take place before the end of this year.
U G L Y
dino2010 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 26th, 2011, 01:15 PM   #2805
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

Ugly? but you have this also in germany and England i don't exactly remeber the cities where i've seen this form
Old June 26th, 2011, 02:57 PM   #2806
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino2010 View Post
U G L Y
Thanks Dino for your valuable contribution...next time, avoid quoting the whole message+pics for such a useless comment. A word to the wise...
Old June 26th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #2807
Clery

Likes (Received): 3593

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innsertnamehere View Post
ugly. there are too many different types of facades for my liking. it looks like 3 different buildings stacked on top of each other.
Well, that 's actually the point. I agree that it looks very weird on pictures, but in real life I was actually surprised to find it pretty good.

Boulogne is a rather bland district from afar. Since they build the stuff, the neighbourhood is a lot more recognizable and colourful. It has clearly brought something to the area.
Clery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2011, 10:08 PM   #2808
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Horizons will look even better once the trees & plants will have grown!
Old June 29th, 2011, 12:39 AM   #2809
tikiturf

Likes (Received): 46

I think dino2010 said the only word to describe this building, this is my opinion.
tikiturf no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2011, 02:50 AM   #2810
Clery

Quote:
Originally Posted by tikiturf View Post
I think dino2010 said the only word to describe this building, this is my opinion.
As you're in Paris, I advise you to take the T2 at the level of Saint-Cloud. You'll understand what I meant in saying it was adding colours to a rather dull area.
Old June 29th, 2011, 11:10 PM   #2811
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8169

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
Ugly?
Its not, but Im not so sure about the cladding of the bottom two bits.
Old June 30th, 2011, 02:40 AM   #2812
brisavoine
BANNED

Like Clery said, Jean Nouvel's tower in Boulogne actually looks better when you see it for real. These are pictures I took last October when construction was still going on.

(hidden behind the cluster of towers)
[img]http://i54.************/2vs28me.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i56.************/nl36sk.jpg[/img]

[img]http://i54.************/16j3qle.jpg[/img]
Old June 30th, 2011, 03:23 AM   #2813
brisavoine
BANNED

Oh, comme par harsard PortoNuts a posté dans vous savez quel thread seulement 23 minutes après mon post ci-dessus. Quelqu'un sait pourquoi ?
Old June 30th, 2011, 12:00 PM   #2814
Clery

Quote:
Mandarin Oriental joins Asian hotel invasion of Paris

PARIS — The Mandarin Oriental opened its doors in Paris on Tuesday, becoming the third top-end Asian hotel brand in less than a year to put out its shingle and woo rich visitors to the French capital.

Newly built behind a 1930s facade, the eight-story property on fashionable Rue Saint Honore boasts 99 rooms and 39 suites going for an average of 950 euros (1,360 dollars) a night.

"We absolutely wanted to be in the best arrondissement, the best location for leisure travellers," Christoph Mares, director of operations for Europe, the Middle East and Africa, told AFP at the inauguration.

The property is the 27th worldwide for the hospitality unit of Hong Kong's Jardine Mathieson trading group which takes its name from two of Asia's top hotels -- the Mandarin in Hong Kong and the Oriental in Bangkok.

Its debut comes hard on the heels of the arrival in Paris last December of rival Hong Kong group Shangri-La, which oversees an 81-room property across the River Seine from the Eiffel Tower.

Read More
So Paris had Ritz, Crillon, Meurice, Plaza Athénée, Costes, Bristol, George V, Prince de Galles and Royal Monceau. The Fouquet's has been inaugurated a couple of years ago on the Champs-Elysées. And now we also have Mandarin Oriental, Shangri La, Peninsula and Raffles.
Old June 30th, 2011, 01:39 PM   #2815
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Oh, comme par harsard PortoNuts a posté dans vous savez quel thread seulement 23 minutes après mon post ci-dessus. Quelqu'un sait pourquoi ?
oui il est vraiment ... .Et même pas anglais en plus

i saw Mandarin in barcelona last year! I 'm quite happy all chains of hotels are represented in paris

Which one of great chain are not represented yet?
none i think ?
Old June 30th, 2011, 04:01 PM   #2816
KaEL-

Quote:
KaEL- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 04:23 PM   #2817
Clery

Here's an interesting interview of Yrieix Martineau, KPF's lead architect for Tour First.
Quote:
Architect Q&A: ‘Refurbishing’ on a Grand Scale in Paris
The Wall Street Journal, June 24th 2011

The Paris skyline has a new look.

That’s because the building formerly known as Tour Axa, which has stood in the Paris business district of La Défense since the 1970s, has undergone a 216-foot growth spurt.

The refurbished Tour First (“First Tower”) – which at 738 feet is the tallest commercial building in Paris – was completed in April and opened its doors last month. Rather than demolish the old building and start from scratch, architects updated the look and feel while simultaneously building on top of the existing structure. The project took almost three years.

The building is owned by AXA Real Estate and Beacon Capital Partners. Even with the additional 11 stories, the tower still has to look up at the Eiffel Tower, which stands at 1,063 feet.

Developments spoke this week with Yrieix Martineau, an associate principal at Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates and the lead architect on the building’s refurbishment. (Some answers have been condensed.)

Read the interview
Old June 30th, 2011, 04:51 PM   #2818
Clery

Quote:
Il vient de le refaire (6 minutes après mon dernier message). Mais comme il est short en articles, il se met à reprendre des reportages photos publiés ailleurs sur le forum.

On pourrait presque se demander si c'est pas un bot ! Quelqu'un a déjà eu une conversation avec lui ?
Old June 30th, 2011, 05:05 PM   #2819
eklips

Likes (Received): 5032

Tu viens encore de te faire dépasser, il fait preuve d'une endurance de fer!
eklips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2011, 07:10 PM   #2820
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

encore une fois merci d'éviter de polluer ce thread sur les activités de ce forumer sur un autre sujet...bref on s'en fout...qd on vient ici c'est pour lire des news "intéressantes"...

--------------

once again let's get back to topic and stop mentionning boring actions of whoever you are all guys talking about. thx
kony no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects