daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 1st, 2011, 11:38 PM   #2821
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Roissy's Terminal 1 to shine & twinckle like the Eiffel Tower

Since June 30th 2011, 4 rings (600m long each) are visible around Terminal 1, they were added to make it more dynamic/ give him a new dimension. Those rings shine in orange at nightfall and twincke at a set time up to midnight (9pm sharp/10 pm sharp etc, just like the Eiffel Tower).

Full article (in french) ----> http://www.batiactu.com/edito/aeropo...al-1-29503.php

Sponsored Links
Old July 2nd, 2011, 02:26 AM   #2822
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 05:48 AM   #2823
BG_PATRIOT
BANNED

Likes (Received): 69

Can't wait to see this architectural jewel finally build
BG_PATRIOT no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:10 PM   #2824
BodgeJob1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
He's done it again. Only 3 minutes after Jex7844's post. THREE minutes! Aren't the mods doing anything?
..Whats more sad, Porto's posting or the fact you seem to be watching what he does 24/7 and resorting to PM's to the Mods..?

Stop being so paranoid & pathetic.....
BodgeJob1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 12:43 PM   #2825
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

Quote:
Originally Posted by BodgeJob1 View Post
..Whats more sad, Porto's posting or the fact you seem to be watching what he does 24/7 and resorting to PM's to the Mods..?

Stop being so paranoid & pathetic.....
that's exactly what i thought..i was never annoyed by this so-called porto's posts which i have never really read anywhere...but was much annoyed by all those "look he did it again...3 minutes ago...8 minutes ago etc..."

that is pathetic indeed and that gives much importance to that Porto guy whom i think didn't deserve that apparently...
kony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:26 PM   #2826
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

I went to the CNIT yesterday to have a look at that exhibition. The door was slighlty opened & I managed to see 2 workers setting up several 'tables' (or whatever you call it), there were at least 6 of them...I guess there's gonna be quite a few mock-ups/renders and a lot of information available...As the stand is fairly small, I think that it will be completed and opened to the public in a week. I look forward to visiting it, I'll take pictures & will post them on here... BFN.
Old July 2nd, 2011, 01:28 PM   #2827
erbse
LIBERTINED

Likes (Received): 58049

Dear beloved Frenchmen,

could you please stick to English here? This is the international projects forum.
For discussion in Francais, there is the French forum you know.

🔥 Tradition doesn't mean to look after the ash, but to keep the flame alive! 🔥
erbse no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 2nd, 2011, 05:54 PM   #2828
Clery

Likes (Received): 3593

Thanks Brisavoine for having told us about this exhibition. This indeed looks interesting. I'll probably visit it next week.
Clery no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:36 AM   #2829
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kony View Post
that is pathetic indeed and that gives much importance to that Porto guy whom i think didn't deserve that apparently...
What he does (systematically posting after someone posts here so the Paris thread never appears on top of the list) is little more than trolling, so there's no reason why we shouldn't denounce it until the mods finally do something about it.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:37 AM   #2830
Gaeth

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
What he does (systematically posting after someone posts here so the Paris thread never appears on top of the list) is little more than trolling, so there's no reason why we shouldn't denounce it until the mods finally do something about it.
umm but maybe he do that not only for the Paris thread but for all the other thread ...
Why we should denounce it ? you want the Paris thread to be on the top ???
By denouncing Portonuts in this thread you make it boring and you make people going to the London thread just to see what happen (I have nothing to say against this interesting thread). You make Portonuts more interesting even if he is doing a very long monologue...
Please if you like Paris and this thread stop polluating it.
Gaeth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 07:24 AM   #2831
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4220

I have mixed emotions about projects in La Defense. Yesterday we were given an objective report saying that there could be a good 5 years before Tour Phare is actually built.
Hermitage twin towers will be cropped to 304m ( instead of 323m) and it is still quite a long time to go before they are actually built.
Still other projects are bound to rise in a near future.
Two new "possible" towers were unveiled: one close to the new rugby stadium (we alredy knew if it) and another one a bit farther to the west.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:21 AM   #2832
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

I think those nymbies have too much power for my liking...and 5 years for Phare to begin ????? wow, it will be kinda outdated in...2022 !!!

PS : Brisavoine, i really support Paris projects, but who cares if the Paris thread is on top of the list or second of that list or even 10th of that list...i think you take things much too seriously guy...get a life and relax
kony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:39 AM   #2833
BodgeJob1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
Yesterday we were given an objective report saying that there could be a good 5 years before Tour Phare is actually built.
Hermitage twin towers will be cropped to 304m ( instead of 323m) and it is still quite a long time to go before they are actually built.
...So, know we are getting to the truth about these towers, instead of all of Brisavoine's propaganda he likes to peddle about them on SSC.

Edit:

Damn, bumped the Paris thread above London...
BodgeJob1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 03:30 PM   #2834
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Even if they were reduced, I believe they will still be the tallest buildings in the EU if they are completed, as the 323m height was not measured from ground level (or something like that).

EDIT: Having said that, it appears on the renders of the project that the esplanade is where the tower bases are. Where exactly was the 337m height calculated from? If these do sit on the la defense esplanade, then these are still 323m buildings, just sitting on a 14m slab. I could kind of understand with the Tour Generali because half of that tower did actually touch the ground (if I remember correctly).

Last edited by Newcastle Guy; July 3rd, 2011 at 03:51 PM.
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:37 PM   #2835
brisavoine
BANNED

If (and that's a IF, because there is no official document about this new height, only some backstage comments from an official who has often made backstage comments in the past which turned out to be not true) the new height from the esplanade is 304 meters instead of 323 meters, it means the height from street level will be 318 meters instead of 337 meters. The Tours Hermitage would thus remain by far the tallest towers in the EU, given that their height is at roof level, and not at the tip of an antenna or a spire to artificially gain some extra meters.

This is the Tours Hermitage with a height from esplanade of 323 meters and a height from street level of 337 meters:
[img]http://i52.************/an0xlc.png[/img]

And this is the Tours Hermitage with a height from esplanade of 304 meters and a height from street level of 318 meters:
[img]http://i52.************/345zq5d.jpg[/img]
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:39 PM   #2836
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by kony View Post
PS : Brisavoine, i really support Paris projects, but who cares if the Paris thread is on top of the list or second of that list or even 10th of that list...
Apparently one guy seems to care a lot, and that's called trolling.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 04:45 PM   #2837
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
Where exactly was the 337m height calculated from?
Here you have your answer (already posted in this thread on February 28). So "IF" the backstage comments of this official are correct, replace 323 with 304 and 337 with 318.

[img]http://i52.************/9izqrl.png[/img]
Old July 3rd, 2011, 05:09 PM   #2838
Newcastle Guy

OK, so if I am looking at the image below correctly, the buildings actually start (i.e., their bases) are on the esplanade?

Old July 3rd, 2011, 05:26 PM   #2839
brisavoine
BANNED

The question at La Défense makes no sense. There is always an esplanade entrance and a ground (street-level) entrance. Even the CNIT has two entrances.
Old July 3rd, 2011, 11:05 PM   #2840
Newcastle Guy

Are all the project heights counted from ground level at La Defense? Surely you could see how it would make it more confusing as opposed to simply having a regular ground level. To me, that looks like a 323m project placed on what is basically an artificial ground level.

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects