daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 7th, 2011, 04:10 PM   #2961
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
It's a revolutionary building that you would have loved/worshipped if it had been built in London & which you'll be wondering at for sure once completed in La Défense

No... I think it is horrible. Please accept this. If it was in London, I would find it equally disgusting.
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 7th, 2011, 04:28 PM   #2962
the cure
Européen

Likes (Received): 19

This tour Phare is just amazing... It will be the best iconic skyscraper in Europe for sure...
The cladding seems beautiful and original.

Don't be jaleous Londonfox, in England we still know how to make lobbying and bash continental projects (especially towards france....)
the cure no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:03 PM   #2963
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

+1

The Brits (well a major part of them), are so predictable when it comes to commenting on a french stuff...

PS: The cure, note that the mock-up designers have covered it with exactly the same cladding than our future Phare, but obviously at a different scale. The result really is outstanding.
Old October 7th, 2011, 06:12 PM   #2964
tuten

Likes (Received): 1380

Maybe you should accept that fact that some people don't like it and move on from the British vs French obsession this thread seems to survive on.

Citius, Altius, Fortius.
tuten no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 7th, 2011, 10:01 PM   #2965
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8169

LondonFox, you really need to stop trolling, if you have nothing to say then keep quiet.
Old October 7th, 2011, 10:12 PM   #2966
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5619

can't you people just drop it and talk about the tower? some people here (including me) don't give a flying monkey about the Franco-British nonsenses.
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:06 AM   #2967
Godius
Nitimur in vetitum

Likes (Received): 4067

They should give that tower a nice color, it looks kind of dull to be honest. But I like the shape of the tower.

mahinderlasmibal liked this post
Godius está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:01 AM   #2968
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
can't you people just drop it and talk about the tower? some people here (including me) don't give a flying monkey about the Franco-British nonsenses.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
Cutting edge architecture we have longed for for years here!
Exactly and a beautiful city like Paris deserves to have this kind of exotic architecture. Just quality over quantity, we don't need to build tons of cheap towers, but only a handful amount of world's most iconic and most elegance design.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy G View Post
Amazing !
+1 again, Merci for bringing this tower for LD.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFox View Post
No... I think it is horrible. Please accept this. If it was in London, I would find it equally disgusting.
Mate, i personally think this tower is amazing and this is what Paris needs, but i felt a bit guilty for the fact that they built that Tour First first, don't get me wrong, without a doubt it's brilliant/quality tower but it just can't be compared to The Pinnacle though.
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:15 AM   #2969
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

And The Pinnacle can't be compared to the Eiffel Tower. So?
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:19 AM   #2970
SO143
BANNED

Eiffiel Tower is not a skyscraper, it's classed as "Cultural type" therefore your claim and comparison is just irrelevant.
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:49 AM   #2971
brisavoine
BANNED

Just as yours.
Old October 8th, 2011, 01:56 AM   #2972
SO143
BANNED

Your reply makes no sense, brisavoine.

Don't try to have a fight with me, you need to know that i am one of the world's biggest fans of Paris, ok? Tour Phare look fantastic, now move on.

+ i am the only one who contributes and promotes a lot for Paris and defends for both Paris and London from Frankfurt's attacks (as they historically/occasionally do) in "Discuss Best European Skyline Thread" and many other International Forums as well. So, I'd like you to just pop in there and contribute a bit with some of your best photos of Paris rather than arguing with me here ok? Merci!!!

Quote:

Electric Car Scheme Trialled in Paris

It took several years to finally get onto the streets, but Autolib', Paris' long-planned electric car rental scheme, went on trial in the city of light early this month. Following in the success of Velib', the now-banal citywide bike rental service, Paris authorities in charge of the project have put a fleet of 66 electric "bluecars" out for a two-month trial at 33 stations. The plan is to have 3,000 cars in service by this December, and 5,000 cars open to (licensed) drivers in Paris by 2013. The scheme's organizers claim this would lead to emissions reductions of around 20% in the city. The ultimate goal is to discourage car ownership, in addition to cutting down on pollution and noise.

Made by the Italian company that manufactures Ferrari, the compact "bluecar" has, as you might expect, a modest and compact design and what I'd call the "friendly, bubbly" aesthetic (see what it looks like here). It charges in around eight hours, and can reach speeds of 130 km/81 mi per hour. It's autonomous for around 250km/155 miles, and is equipped with a GPS, which will obviously be a boon for adventurous tourists who give it a whirl.

For now, though, the Autolib' is not particularly accessible to visitors in Paris-- the official page is in French only, and it's probably best to wait until the test phase is over to give it a try. Once the program goes full speed, users will have to register in advance at one of the kiosks equipped with a license, ID and credit card. You'll be able to opt between passes good for a day, week or year, with prices currently starting at only €10.

Of course, Autolib' has already earned its skeptics. Some say the car's quietness might prove a danger to bikers and pedestrians, already traveling in less than ideal conditions much of the time. Some worry that it will encourage inexperienced drivers to take to the road, causing more accidents. As with the Velib', theft, vandalism, and breakdowns will likely prove a headache to manage. But overall, I'm excited to see how the bluecar scheme might improve the quality of the air, cut back on ambient noise, and, perhaps most importantly, encourage other big cities to follow suit.
http://goparis.about.com/b/2011/10/0...d-in-paris.htm

Last edited by SO143; October 8th, 2011 at 02:04 AM.
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:15 AM   #2973
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

How pathetic is this thread? I comment on not liking a tower and it is seen by the French forum posters as "British jealousy" ... please... not jealous in the slightest, why would I be... I live in London.

I prefer the two new Supertall towers in LD. They are beautiful.. but that freak building with hair is not.

Some people need to grow up around here, and remove the big chip on their shoulders about the British.... who to be completely honest, seem to talk less about British/French rivalry than the French do... go figure.
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:17 AM   #2974
brisavoine
BANNED

The Cité Universitaire in central Paris is going to be expanded by 25%, with the construction of students dorms accomodating 1,700 new students. I have no idea where they will find the space. No renders yet.
Quote:
Paris : 1 700 nouveaux logements à la Cité internationale

La Vie Immo
23 septembre 2011

La Cité internationale universitaire, dans le 14ème arrondissement de Paris, sera pourvue d’ici à 2015 d’une capacité d’hébergement supplémentaire de 1 700 logements, annonce ce vendredi Le Parisien. Un agrandissement de 25 % de sa surface, rendu possible par un accord signé entre les ministères de l’Enseignement supérieur et de la Recherche, du Budget, de la Ville et la chancellerie des universités de Paris, nous apprend le quotidien.

http://www.lavieimmo.com/immobilier-...ale-12905.html
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:25 AM   #2975
brisavoine
BANNED

The four proposals for the huge shopping mall that will be built at the Triangle de Gonesse near CDG Airport. The winner hasn't been selected yet. For each proposal there's a little explanation in French.

First of all, this is where the shopping mall will be located:
[img]http://i55.************/15sasqx.jpg[/img]

Surrounded by a new 'environmentally friendly' urban district to be developped:

And these are the proposals:
Quote:
Proposal by Manuelle Gautrand

Le projet de l'équipe Manuelle Gautrand/Taktyk/Franck Boutté/Troisième Pôle pour Europa City

C'est un projet-paysage qui coule sur le site du nord au sud, qui s'enroule tantôt par-dessus, tantôt par-dessous la coulée verte imaginée par Mathis Güller dans le plan de référence du Triangle de Gonesse. Constitué de sept séquences qui s'emboîtent les unes dans les autres comme des volutes, le projet prend son origine au droit de la gare de Grand Paris Express/RER qu'il finira par envelopper. Puis, il traverse le boulevard urbain, par-dessus et par-dessous et enfin se glisse sur le site au sud en s'y épanouissant, dans une grande continuité urbaine et paysagère.

A noter que Manuelle Gautrand avait participé à la phase exploratoire du projet avec trois autres architectes avant de se voir confier une mission d'approfondissement en 2009.
Quote:
Proposal by Snohetta

Le projet de l'équipe Snohetta/Gehry Technologies/RWDI pour Europa City

La monumentalité d'Europa City ne peut être réalisée verticalement, elle doit s'étendre horizontalement. L'ensemble du site est alors un paysage, incliné vers la nouvelle gare Grand Paris Express/RER. Le toit est le lieu des activités récréatives et non planifiées. Accessible 24 h sur 24, tous les jours de l'année, il donne au public la possibilité de prendre possession de l'espace et d'y développer de nombreuses interactions à grande échelle. A l'intérieur, les parcs et jardins sont organisés suivant des thématiques directement liées au contenu d'Europa City.

Quote:
Proposal by Bjarke Ingels Group

Le projet de l'équipe BIG (Bjarke Ingels Group)/Base/Tess/Transsolar/Transitec pour Europa City

Les programmes d'Europa City sont organisés le long d'une promenade piétonne avec, de part et d'autre, un mélange de commerces, de divertissement et d'activités culturelles. Cette promenade forme une boucle continue qui voyage à travers six zones thématisées selon les différentes régions de l'Europe. Elle devient la Rambla, la Regent Street et l'avenue des Champs-Elysées d'Europa City (...). Le toit est conçu comme un paysage dont la topographie se veut accessible permettant aux visiteurs de découvrir une vue panoramique sur le centre de Paris.

Quote:
Proposal by Valode & Pistre

Le projet de l'équipe Valode et Pistre/Michel Desvigne/Egis/Iosis pour Europa City

« Ni bâtiment, ni ville mais un système « capable » qui maîtrise l'ampleur du programme et la diversité des échelles et propose un monde de sensations nouvelles. Un immense carré abstrait délicatement posé sur le site jusqu'à la gare, sous lequel se glisse le paysage au cœur duquel coule une rivière. Une toiture-nuage, combinant les technologies environnementales de pointe, inscrit dans le carré aux formes inattendues, jouant d'une infinité d'ambiances lumineuses, de variétés de climats et de compositions paysagères. »
Old October 8th, 2011, 12:36 PM   #2976
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

This project is fantastic, I hope it will be chosen...

@ Londonfox, this thread is 'pathetic' because of people like you, next time try to be more explicit in your posts rather than just saying 'I hate it, it's horrible', such contributions are everything but constructive!A word to the wise...
Old October 8th, 2011, 02:23 PM   #2977
lafreak84
Free Palestine

Likes (Received): 535

That looks HUGE.

Autolib sound like a great idea. 10€/day is fair price I think. This could work for city cores closed for traffic. Inside closed parts you could only rent EVs. I can't wait for this idea to spread to other cities.
Old October 8th, 2011, 03:13 PM   #2978
TheMoses

Likes (Received): 122

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFox View Post
How pathetic is this thread? I comment on not liking a tower and it is seen by the French forum posters as "British jealousy" ... please... not jealous in the slightest, why would I be... I live in London.

I prefer the two new Supertall towers in LD. They are beautiful.. but that freak building with hair is not.

Some people need to grow up around here, and remove the big chip on their shoulders about the British.... who to be completely honest, seem to talk less about British/French rivalry than the French do... go figure.
Please just drop it! I direct you here: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...=72257&page=45

You're doing exactly what WeimieLvr was doing there. Just leave it. You're being a massive hypocrite and embarrassing the British contingent of this forum.
TheMoses está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 06:34 PM   #2979
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

They all look great, very interesting designs. A competition where you don't really need to worry about which one is chosen because any would do, something we rarely see.

edit: Though I am quite confused by the first picture :P
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2011, 07:09 PM   #2980
caserass
Normandie

Likes (Received): 5120

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
They all look great, very interesting designs. A competition where you don't really need to worry about which one is chosen because any would do, something we rarely see.

edit: Though I am quite confused by the first picture :P
+ 1

As for the first project I was about to say the same... I'm looking forward renders of the inside.
caserass no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects