daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 18th, 2006, 01:27 PM   #381
thoju75
DAMNED

Likes (Received): 3

yep I did it really fast...
I agree with you brisavoine the tower is a little too fat on this render but wait for the real renders...
thoju75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 18th, 2006, 02:59 PM   #382
SimLim

Likes (Received):

Thats horrific. Paris really are trying to get back on world class levels but in doing so are shooting themselves in the foot.

I'd rather shit in public then have that on my skyline.
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #383
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimLim View Post
Thats horrific. Paris really are trying to get back on world class levels but in doing so are shooting themselves in the foot.

First comment from England... Great!
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:10 PM   #384
Manuel

Likes (Received): 32

Quote:
It's too early to conclude like that.
You may be right as you can also be wrong.

At first I was horrified, but it is a bit irrationnal considering the size and the resolution of the only available rendering.
Manuel no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:11 PM   #385
brunob
USA until further notice

Likes (Received): 19

Don't pay attention - it's a previously banned city basher masquerading as a genuine forumer.
brunob no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 03:46 PM   #386
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:

This is what people wrote in Le Temps, then the most serious French newspaper, when the first renders of the Eiffel Tower were released in 1887:

"We come [...] to protest in the strongest manner, with all our indignation, in the name of the underrated French taste, in the name of the threatened French art and history, against the construction, in the very heart of our capital city, of the useless and monstruous Eiffel Tower [...]."

"Is the City of Paris going to associate itself with the bizarre and mercantile imagination of a machine builder and ruin irreparably its beauty and bring disgrace on itself? Disgrace, yes, for the Eiffel Tower, which even the mercantile United States would not accept on their soil, is a disgrace to Paris."

"When visitors come to visit [Paris], they will exclaim with disbelief: "What! That's the hideous thing the French have found to give us an idea of their oh-so-praised taste?" They would be right to deride us [...]."
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #387
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

It's certainly unique if anything, not personally my cup of tea but you have to admire that it is certainly different from most towers going up these days
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 18th, 2006, 07:28 PM   #388
Genç
re re re ra ra ra

Likes (Received): 34

Hmm, it's such an unusual design - but I have no problem with that!

Fantastic new projects, congrats Paris.
Old October 19th, 2006, 08:24 AM   #389
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4217

GENERALI LAUNCHES 90,000 M² OF OFFICE SPACE IN LA DEFENSE

Generali kicks off the plan to renovate La Défense promoted by the EPAD. The insurer has just announced the launch of a new tower with 90,000 m² of office space. The project was designed by architects Valode et Pistre, chosen based on an international competition, and will be realized by Vinci Immobilier. The new tower will be built on the foundation of the Iris building, a 12,000 m² unit that will be destroyed. The investment will be approximately €500 M.
"The lean silhouette of the Generali Tower will be a new feature in the skyline of La Défense. Its shape and location will contribute to the urban requalification of the pedestrian pavement and the circular boulevard that the EPAD wanted," explains Generali, which fully intends to compete for the Signal tour project launched by Bernard Bled.
The investor, which has made the development one of the strategic axes of its investment policy, places its real estate project under the banner of sustainable development. "The innovative design of the structure and shell of the building, and the choice of construction equipment will combine the comfort of its users with a systematic effort to reduce energy consumption. The tower will also integrate renewable energy sources," describes Generali.
The Generali tower project is part of an endeavor to revamp the La Défense business area. Several towers are currently being built or restructured. Colony and Sitq have begun work on the tower T1, a 70,000 m² building. La Société Générale has placed the cornerstone of its Tour Granite, a 68,000 m² building that the company will occupy. Axa Reim has entrusted Cogedim with the restructuration of its tower - rechristened CB 31 - which will provide 87,000 m² of office space. And Unibail plans to launch 150,000 m² next to the CNIT. The EPAD should be able to meet its goal of developing 300,000 m² of office space and renovating another 150,000 m² by 2013.

Source : http://www.businessimmo.info/pages/l...=061018N145_en
Old October 19th, 2006, 12:45 PM   #390
Genç
re re re ra ra ra

Likes (Received): 34

I must say, I really like it! It's a very interesting yet challenging design which seems to fit well with the rest of the towers in La Défense, despite it's unfamiliar design. Can't wait to follow the progress of this new Paris scraper, should be great!
Old October 20th, 2006, 06:12 AM   #391
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Brisavoine, I think it would be a nice idea to update your opening post with the current available data so that things could be clearer for the readers.
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 12:02 PM   #392
brisavoine
BANNED

I've already made an update in the end of July. It's in post #270. I'll make a new update in the end of November when we know which project is selected for the "tour signal" and when heights are better known.
Old October 20th, 2006, 04:11 PM   #393
Metropolitan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
I've already made an update in the end of July. It's in post #270. I'll make a new update in the end of November when we know which project is selected for the "tour signal" and when heights are better known.
Well, that's great, but what about editing the opening post (the #1), this way, all informations would be easy to find at the beginning of the thread, and not lost among the hundreds of posts in this thread.
Old October 20th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #394
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13282

Completely agree. Who on earth is going to look at post #270?

Edit the first post and it will be a million times better.
Old October 20th, 2006, 05:13 PM   #395
brisavoine
BANNED

Then we lose the chronological order of the thread. The messages coming after post #1 would make no sense if I changed it. Anyway, I think I found a solution. Check post #1.
Old October 20th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #396
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

That is a pretty good solution
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 06:35 PM   #397
HD
°°°°°°°°°°°°

Likes (Received): 906

yay! the sleeping beauty (paris) is awakening. moscow and istanbul: watch out!
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 20th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #398
brisavoine
BANNED

By the way, did I already post about a possible 246 m (807 ft) skyscraper in the City of Paris itself? It would be in the 13th arrondissement, on the Avenue de France. It's the best kept secret so far. A 800 footer in the central city itself, now that would be something! Anyway, I'll keep you informed as things leak out.
Old October 21st, 2006, 04:46 AM   #399
Metropolitan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
By the way, did I already post about a possible 246 m (807 ft) skyscraper in the City of Paris itself? It would be in the 13th arrondissement, on the Avenue de France. It's the best kept secret so far. A 800 footer in the central city itself, now that would be something! Anyway, I'll keep you informed as things leak out.
Is this about the new court hall (Palais de Justice) ?

246 meters... how the height can be so specific ? Did an architect already design a tower for this ? Anyway, this is indeed possible knowing the mayor would like to build towers in Paris but there's still the height limit in the city proper which remains an issue.

Anyway, avenue de France actually means right behind the Bibliothèque. I'm personally not fan of tall skyscrapers standing alone, but I must confess that this is one of the few locations inside Paris that wouldn't be so bad for a skyscraper (the other decent location being nearby Tour Montparnasse).

By the way Brisavoine, where have you heard about this ?
Old October 21st, 2006, 06:22 AM   #400
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4217

Eh this is just that some Jacques Ferrier's Hypergreen concept tower was lately rumored to be built in Paris City. It is also rumored to be built in La Défense neighborhood...But well, nothing official so far. Let's not "tirer des plans sur la comète"

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects