daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 21st, 2013, 09:52 PM   #4201
Waffenmetzer

Likes (Received): 40

Does anyone know if Tour Osmose has been cancelled, or is it still scheduled to 2015 ?
Waffenmetzer no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:15 PM   #4202
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Likes (Received): 11204

According to PSS-archi.eu, Osmose is not cancelled but there is no delivery date (they write 2016 on their website but ...). Such as Generali, I suppose that the project could rise very fast is someone is interested to buy it, the place is free and Bouygues and Centuria seem to be determined to build it ... maybe after the crisis

It is a very nice project by the way, it could help to improve parisians's view on skyscrapers

Quote:

Minsk, Bovin liked this post
Avemano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2013, 11:21 PM   #4203
italiano_pellicano
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2010

thanks for the updates
italiano_pellicano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 05:10 AM   #4204
cochise75
Fourbe des collines

Likes (Received): 29651

Redevelopment of the Place de la République, by Marlove. (20/01/2013)

We'll always have Paris.
cochise75 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:39 PM   #4205
Waffenmetzer

Thank you for the photos.
Old January 22nd, 2013, 02:46 PM   #4206
KaEL-

Thx...Is there pics of Louis Vuitton Foundation site?
KaEL- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 04:09 PM   #4207
Langur
Londinium langur

Likes (Received): 1640

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avemano View Post
It is a very nice project by the way, it could help to improve parisians's view on skyscrapers
It's a nice design when taken individually, but it appears top-heavy when viewed from central Paris. Hermitage Towers will do the same. I think there's room for this trick once over, but it quickly loses its appeal through repetition.

La Defence is currently rather boxy and conservative, and I can appreciate there's a desire to introduce some interesting new forms. However it can easily be overdone. A skyline of wierdly shaped glass blobs and other random "look-at-me" objects (as per the first of your three images) is not a winning aesthetic imo. My own city must be careful for the same reason.
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end." Edward Whymper
Langur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 08:58 PM   #4208
Waffenmetzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langur
It's a nice design when taken individually, but it appears top-heavy when viewed from central Paris. Hermitage Towers will do the same. I think there's room for this trick once over, but it quickly loses its appeal through repetition.
Here is a poorly shooped render to show La Défense with both Tour Osmose and Hermitage Plaza. Is this what you talked about ?

Old January 22nd, 2013, 09:18 PM   #4209
Langur
Londinium langur

Likes (Received): 1640

Yes, it looks a bit ungainly imo. The individual buildings may be good, but the composition doesn't work. It looks messy and unbalanced. However I'm pleased to see that the Tour Phare is blocked by the Hermitage Towers. I've never liked the Phare design.
"Climb if you will, but remember that courage and strength are nought without prudence, and that a momentary negligence may destroy the happiness of a lifetime. Do nothing in haste; look well to each step; and from the beginning think what may be the end." Edward Whymper
Langur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:09 PM   #4210
UnHavrais
Normandie

Likes (Received): 9601

Hermitage Plaza
UnHavrais no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 10:53 PM   #4211
SparksTO

Likes (Received): 0

Osmose tower is absolutely beautiful but at least I really hope that they would be able to build the Hermitage Plaza and Phare tower. These towers will send a message to the world and will give a greater international feeling to Paris, as France really need to reform and boost its politics, economics and competitiveness, Paris needs these projects in the same way.
SparksTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 22nd, 2013, 11:33 PM   #4212
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Langur View Post
However I'm pleased to see that the Tour Phare is blocked by the Hermitage Towers. I've never liked the Phare design.
If HP was not to come to fruition (what I don't wish obviously), PHARE will be clearly visible & will stand out proudly in the business district.

I really look forward to PHARE, its organic design, its amazing cladding will make people gaze at it once built (even those who are currently very skeptical about it...) PHARE will be La Défense's beacon & will be an amazing & unique addition to the skyline...

I'm severely running out of patience but we all know that we can't do differently in this country, we have to wait for the appeals to get cleared before jumping for joy, so...
Old January 23rd, 2013, 05:36 AM   #4213
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

There are banners for La Defense showing the Hermitage towers in their logo. I don't understand what's keeping them from just building them already... a few grumpy old men complaining about height?
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 10:16 AM   #4214
SparksTO

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
There are banners for La Defense showing the Hermitage towers in their logo. I don't understand what's keeping them from just building them already... a few grumpy old men complaining about height?
I read recently that they are in talks with the banks and that they almost complete their financial needs to start construction. But I do think it is mostly because the appeals that they haven't started full demolition/construction.

Guys it is possible to reduce all these process for construction? It's insane.
SparksTO no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 01:46 PM   #4215
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
Just reread HP's thread dude, you'll have the answer.

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showth...634777&page=49

Quote:
Originally Posted by SparksTO View Post
Guys it is possible to reduce all these process for construction? It's insane.
Nope, welcome to France SparksTO...the judiciary procedure is awfully long in this country, that's insane & frustrating but there's nothing we can do, but wait...

Last edited by Jex7844; January 23rd, 2013 at 01:55 PM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 23rd, 2013, 09:04 PM   #4216
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Likes (Received): 11204

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnHavrais View Post
Hermitage Plaza
I hope that it will not hide too much La Défense
Avemano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 04:41 PM   #4217
R.T.

Likes (Received): 1877

Do you have any maps with all these greats projects (fondation Vuitton, tour triangle, philharmonique, etc)?

Thanks.
R.T. no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 07:32 PM   #4218
LaMingue

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by R.T. View Post
Do you have any maps with all these greats projects (fondation Vuitton, tour triangle, philharmonique, etc)?

Thanks.
Try with this one, created by the city of Paris: http://www.paris.fr/metropole2020
LaMingue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:18 PM   #4219
LondonFox
BANNED

Likes (Received): 922

Lol, how did this thread gain an extra 6,000 views in the space of 45 mins tonight? Tsk tsk. childish behaviour. Apparently there is an Admin here who was worried about the London thread overtaking this one on view count.
LondonFox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 24th, 2013, 09:28 PM   #4220
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9701

To be honest I personally never looked at the number of 'views' whatever the thread until you mentioned it now... But indeed, how 6,000 more views in 45 min is possible ?

Anyway, is it that important to you ?

Oh and the most "important" if I may say so, is the fact that in the real world, Paris gets more visitors than London, not to mention France as a whole vs the UK as a whole ()....

DH93Dyl, Avemano liked this post
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects