daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 16th, 2006, 10:12 PM   #461
Valcom

Likes (Received): 0

La Defense is really becoming a world class BD! Hope the next towers will coming soon
Valcom no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:34 PM   #462
dougfr69

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef View Post
I think T1 and Granite are u/c. I mean Generali (?) and the others shown on the render above at LD. For example, the one at the right of Generali. Any dates?
"the one at the right of Generali" is the renovation of the AXA Tower. The renovation must start in the second part of 2007. Generali tower and the hotel Meridien are approuved.
dougfr69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 16th, 2006, 10:40 PM   #463
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4220

Within 2 or 3 years, La Défense will be cramped with cranes. It is so unusual!
Old November 16th, 2006, 11:17 PM   #464
jef

Likes (Received): 5

cheers doug.
jef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 01:45 AM   #465
Mr Bricks

Likes (Received): 893

So is Generali the tallest of all proposals (those going ahead)?
Mr Bricks no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:34 AM   #466
dougfr69

Likes (Received): 54

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiPoika View Post
Yes for the moment but the "tour signal" should make same dimension. Around 300m.
dougfr69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 03:52 PM   #467
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuomiPoika View Post
Nobody knows at this point. It could be either the Generali Tower, or the so-called "tour signal", or even the Ministry of Public Works office skyscraper. That's because the winning projects for the "tour signal" and for the Ministry of Public Works tower are not known yet.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 05:29 PM   #468
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef View Post
So what are the new high-rise proposals confirmed to kickstart construction next year in Paris?
In a place like Greater Paris, with such a massive metropolitan economy (GDP ca. 500 billion US dollars year in year out), there are scores of new constructions starting every year. If we were to list all new construction projects, there would be reams and reams of messages, plus I don't think the few main contributors here have time to inquire about each and every project. That's why I keep myself to presenting only the most prominent highrise projects. For an idea of what I mean, here's a map of Greater Paris showing all offices with more than 5,000 m² (54,000 sq. ft) built between 1998-2004, either new buildings (dark blue) or refurbished buildings (light blue), "refurbished" in Paris meaning that everything inside the building is destroyed and rebuilt anew, with only the historical exterior walls kept untouched. Offices smaller than 5,000 m² are not shown on the map. I indicated the names of the main business districts.

Most of what's shown on the map is mid-rise buildings, which are not reported on this thread. As you can see, there are many areas besides La Défense where office building is going on. All of this means that this thread represents only the tip of the iceberg. The bulk of office projects and construction in Greater Paris goes unreported here, simply because it would take too much time to inquire about and report. If you want more details about the many projects that we don't report here, you can check the six-monthly Paris Crane Survey which lists all offices of more than 1,000 m2 (10,800 sq. ft) which are under construction/refurbishment or which have been completed in the past six months in Greater Paris: http://www.driversjonas.fr/contenu.aspx?LID=1&doc=17910.

In a way it's a pity that we only report the most prominent high rise projects here, because many other great projects remain in the shadow. Take for instance the new world headquarters of AXA insurance group, which are located in Central Paris, near the Champs-Élysées. They integrated a new glass building designed by Ricardo Bofill with an 18th century palace. I don't think anyone posted it on this forum.

Take also the new Citroën car showroom on the Champs-Élysées. This daring building was designed by French architect Manuelle Gautrand. I think pictures of this were posted only on the French forum.

Renderings:

The actual building u/c:

Old November 18th, 2006, 09:18 PM   #469
Minato ku

Now the annual GDP of greater Paris is close to 600 billion USD

595 Billion USD or 480 billion € in 2005
http://www.insee.fr/fr/ffc/docs_ffc/PIB_reg.xls
Old November 18th, 2006, 09:42 PM   #470
rocky

Likes (Received): 5

the background of the map shows remarquably the build up areas
rocky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 18th, 2006, 10:52 PM   #471
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by minato ku View Post
Now the annual GDP of greater Paris is close to 600 billion USD

595 Billion USD or 480 billion € in 2005
http://www.insee.fr/fr/ffc/docs_ffc/PIB_reg.xls
Interesting figure. I didn't know the French statistical office had already released 2005 GDP figures for Greater Paris. Converted in 2005 US dollars, it's exactly 598 billion dolars, i.e almost exactly the same GDP as the entire Netherlands.
Old November 19th, 2006, 01:53 AM   #472
Minato ku

Me too but i found this in wiki.
For 2006 the GDP of Paris should be higher than 600 billion USD.
It is very funny to compare the GDP of Greater Paris at other French regions
The GDP of the second region of France is "only" 205 billions USD.

I like the new hq of AXA insurance group
new and old mixed.
Old November 19th, 2006, 03:31 PM   #473
brisavoine
BANNED

New render of the Generali Tower, published this week by L'Express magazine.

Old November 19th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #474
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

It looks like Sleeping Beauty's Castle... Er..No comment.
Old November 19th, 2006, 07:22 PM   #475
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 188

That Citroen showroom looks great! Shame about the cars.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 24th, 2006, 03:18 PM   #476
brisavoine
BANNED

French newspaper Le Monde has reported that the winning design for the so-called "tour signal" ("iconic tower") of La Défense will be officially revealed on Monday November 27 at 11:30am French time. Don't expect too much in terms of height though. Several good sources have hinted that the height would be around 300 m (1,000 ft), perhaps even a bit less. For the long awaited 400 m (1,300 ft) tower, you'll have to wait again for the May 2007 French presidential election, after which the 400 m tower may resurface. There's an empty lot still available to the left of the Grande Arche if the new president decides to go ahead with a tower higher than the Eiffel Tower. The "tour signal" that will be revealed on Monday will be located to the right of the Grand Arche.
Old November 27th, 2006, 04:29 PM   #477
brisavoine
BANNED

As you may already know, the design of the "tour signal" in La Défense has been revealed today. I'll write more about this later. But for now just a quick note on something quite unexpected revealed just a few minutes ago by the very serious newspaper Le Monde: skyscraper plans in Clichy and Aubervilliers, which were completely unheard of until now! According to Le Monde, Clichy local council (to the northwest of Central Paris) have secretly launched an architect contest to build a skyscraper on their territory. Clichy is located next to Levallois-Perret where the 165 m/540 ft Levallois twin towers are due to start construction next year. As for the Aubervilliers local council, located to the northeast of Central Paris, Le Monde says they are about to launch their own skyscraper projects. This adds up to projects already under way in Saint Denis, Bagnolet, Issy-les-Moulineaux, Neuilly-sur-Seine, La Défense, and Levallois-Perret. Honestly, without exaggeration, I think that there have never been so many skyscraper projects in Greater Paris ever. Not even in the heydays of economic prosperity during the de Gaulle presidency in the 1960s was there such a bubbling of projects.

Le Monde also referred to the ban on skyscrapers in the City of Paris proper as an "ukase" (i.e. a Russian state decree, a word usually used in France to refer to arbitrary decisions not backed by citizens). The Le Monde article is really interesting, I may translate it later for you.
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:34 PM   #478
eklips

Likes (Received): 5032

Brisavoine, do you have a link to this article?
eklips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #479
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,...-839147,0.html
Old November 27th, 2006, 05:37 PM   #480
thoju75
DAMNED

Likes (Received): 3

http://www.lemonde.fr/web/article/0,...-839028,0.html

Voila le lien Virtual
thoju75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects