daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 4th, 2013, 12:38 AM   #4921
Minato ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi1 View Post

And then they tell us there is no empty space for housing!
Sure, if we keep on sprawling low rise HQ offices like this in the metropolitan center, we will all be forced to live in distant suburbs.
I don't blame SFR for doing it "hip Google eco-style", but Braouzec and Plaine-commune could have thought better, no?
Or perhaps some local philistine association lobbyed not to spoil the beautiful landscape of the A86 motorway?
I couldn't agree more.
I am against this trend of the huge low rises Campus office buildings.
This is a waste of space in city where space lack like in Paris.

The worst is that there are many of those buildings under in construction or planned in Paris area.
Environmentalists prefer protest against high-rises that those huge low-rise buildings that create sprawl.

Sponsored Links
Old May 4th, 2013, 12:51 AM   #4922
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Likes (Received): 11204

Quote:
Originally Posted by caserass View Post
Thanks.
That pic is impressive ! Do you know How many cranes are working on the Balard project ?

Thanks, not bad... By night it's interresting...

On their official website, they just say that 2 more cranes will be erected on the site with 720 companions working on it during mai 2013.

For the moment, the first floor on stilts is made in all areas. They are going to rise "G" and "Vigie" buildings, but the main work is yet to come, to get higher
Avemano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:03 AM   #4923
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Forum des Halles

Quote:

Par l'apple-café, le 28 avril 2013 :

image hosted on flickr

180° par l'apple-cafe, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Forum des Halles par l'apple-cafe, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Forum des Halles par l'apple-cafe, sur Flickr
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:17 AM   #4924
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Carreau du Temple - Le Marais

Quote:
In 2009

In 2010
image hosted on flickr

Carreau du Temple par nyazilla79, sur Flickr

Project

ipcs-idf.fr

The new Carreau du Temple will shelter a multipurpose room (sports, shows).

"Located near the Temple square and the town hall of the 3rd arrondissement, the Carreau du Temple has a secular vocation market. In the Middle Ages, 'tile' was used to designate a market where traders offer their goods outdoors. The Templars already had a pen where they favored trade. This is Baron Haussmann that we must build in 1863 on 23,000 m2, this set of buildings mixing glass, iron and steel and housed under its canopy, more than 2,000 shops lined with large aisles. The old covered market in Paris, partly renovated in 1981, is included in the supplementary inventory of historic monuments. Since 2004, the mayor and the people of the third district opted for the development of a new 'tile for all' should harbor land and sports halls, rehearsal studios, an auditorium, and that an auditorium."
text from ipcs-idf.fr
Par jimmy-woolf, février 2013 :

image hosted on flickr

Paris verrière carreau du temple par jimmy-woolf, sur Flickr

[IMG]image hosted on flickr
travaux carreau du Temple par jimmy-woolf, sur Flickr[/IMG]

image hosted on flickr

verrière carreau du temple par jimmy-woolf, sur Flickr

From ipcs-idf.fr

ko7 liked this post
Old May 4th, 2013, 05:46 AM   #4925
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Berges de Seine - Paris Rive Gauche

Quote:
Big project of pedestrianization of 2.3 km of river banks of the left bank of the Seine River.

Hôtel de Ville

Passerelle Senghor - Quai des Tuileries

Passerelle Debilly - Avenue de New York

Port du Gros Caillou

Pont de l'Alma

Port Solférino - Musée d'Orsay

Port des Invalides

Map of the pedestrian

Source : http://www.evous.fr/Visite-illustree...3,1177710.html
Par Padicha, le 25 avril 2013
image hosted on flickr

Aménagement des voies sur berges - 25 avril 2013 (Quai d'Orsay - Paris) 2 par Padicha, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Aménagement des voies sur berges - 25 avril 2013 (Quai d'Orsay - Paris) 9 par Padicha, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Aménagement des voies sur berges - 25 avril 2013 (Quai d'Orsay - Paris) 5 par Padicha, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Aménagement des voies sur berges - 25 avril 2013 (Quai d'Orsay - Paris) par Padicha, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Aménagement des voies sur berges - 25 avril 2013 (Quai d'Orsay - Paris) 8 par Padicha, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Aménagement des voies sur berges - 25 avril 2013 (Quai d'Orsay - Paris) 7 par Padicha, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Aménagement des voies sur berges - 25 avril 2013 (Quai d'Orsay - Paris) 1 par Padicha, sur Flickr

ko7, Ulpia-Serdica, cochise75 liked this post
Old May 4th, 2013, 06:29 AM   #4926
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Clichy-Batignolles - Parc Martin Luther King

Quote:
Clichy-Batignolles is this immence space of fifty acres, located at the edges of Paris Porte de Clichy. This vast urban program adjacent to the device, Levallois, Clichy-la-Garenne and Parisian neighborhoods or spruce tops Malesherbes. The new face of the neighborhood is already beginning to take shape with the construction of the Martin Luther King Park ... until 2017 and the last deliveries of buildings.

Model of the site, the projected highrise will be Paris's Tribunal de Grande Instance (160 meters)

photos from http://avecunaccent.canalblog.com/ar.../25781405.html
Par ffrederic, février 2013 :

image hosted on flickr

Sans titre de par ffrederic, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Ils vont vers la chair par ffrederic, sur Flickr

Par internetophile75017, 16 avril 2013 :

image hosted on flickr

work in progress 2 Paris 17 par internetophile75017, sur Flickr

image hosted on flickr

Paris 17 work in progress par internetophile75017, sur Flickr

Parc Martin Luther King
image hosted on flickr

Paris 17 parc Martin Luther King. par internetophile75017, sur Flickr

More infos on the official website : http://clichy-batignolles.fr/le-proj...mble-du-projet

Old May 5th, 2013, 01:35 AM   #4927
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Tour Eiffel

Meanwhile, in the most beautiful city on Earth, only alpha+++ world capital in Europe ...

Quote:
Three months before the public opening of the first developments, the Pavillon de l'Arsenal celebrates the ambitious project dedicated to the first floor of the tower, 57m above the rooftops of Paris. New buildings, glass floor, enhanced accessibility and compliance with the objectives of sustainable development: the most visited monument in the world to offer a facelift.

Detail of the redevelopment :
Quote:
Pavillon Gustave Eiffel
Creating a reception room / conference with reception, reception area, scenic logistics, office, storage and technical rooms.

Pavillon Ferrié
Visitor Services: relaxation, health, shop, fast food, entertainment space and interpreting technical areas including the treatment of waste.
The two houses face on both sides of the central hopper (800 m2 in total).

The redevelopment of outdoor public spaces (2740 m2)
Furniture, lighting, flooring, central hopper, harmonization of protections ...

The demolition and reconstruction of three buildings protecting the expectations of visitors to the elevators.

The creation of an interpretive trail of the monument.

The rehabilitation of the facades of 58 Tour Eiffel restaurant (renovated inside in 2009).

A total of 4586 m2 are concerned (5.420m ² on the 1st floor) for a shot of € 25 million funded by the SETE.
Source : http://www.paris.fr/accueil/urbanism...019_port_23751
(with an interesting diaporama)
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:06 AM   #4928
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Aéroville

Shopping center between Roissy airport and Paris.

Quote:
Client: Unibail-Rodamco in partnership with Aéroports de Paris
Program center shopping and leisure, multiplex cinema concept
Mission: Complete
Area: 110,000 m2
Budget: 175M € HT
Progress: Work in Progress
Delivery: end of 2013
Mastery of work execution: Coteba

Source (maybe there is hotlinking) : http://www.pca-architecture.com/2012/06/aeroville/

ko7, charpentier liked this post
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:20 AM   #4929
Loathing
BANNED

Likes (Received): 388

I have noticed that La Défense qualité of construction of is very low. Always concrete columns instead of steel frame like in Tokyo, Londres, or New York. And the windows are small and plasticky, not big.

image hosted on flickr

Why is this? This building look like it should be in Warsaw not global city...
Loathing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 02:43 AM   #4930
Avemano
Luigi babe !

The concrete lobby is very powerful in France, with the biggest concrete producers in the world (like Lafarge, leader in building materials industry, who participated to the Suez Canal construction). So, every big construction uses concrete.
Old May 5th, 2013, 03:11 AM   #4931
vonbingen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
I have noticed that La Défense qualité of construction of is very low. Always concrete columns instead of steel frame like in Tokyo, Londres, or New York. And the windows are small and plasticky, not big.

Why is this? This building look like it should be in Warsaw not global city...
Did you see this facade in real ? this cladding is triple glazing and aluminium.

2 years ago I was in London and I looked at the cladding of the Swiss Re tower, about 3 windows were broken and replaced by laminated wood.
In France we are building with concrete and in UK or USA with steel.

If the world trade center in Manhattan had been built with concrete as in France, it would not have collapsed, a concrete structure resists the heat.
The world trade center collapsed because his skeletton his structure was steel-metallic and had melted due to the strong heat.

Last edited by vonbingen; May 5th, 2013 at 03:20 AM.
vonbingen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:21 AM   #4932
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5617

I banned the fool for good, let's move on now.

hseugut, kanye, Indy G liked this post
Matthieu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 11:34 AM   #4933
skyscraperus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2267

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
I banned the fool for good, let's move on now.
Please, clean polemic threads, thanks
skyscraperus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:21 PM   #4934
kanye
WDNF-Mod | RIP desertpunk

Likes (Received): 8513

should be fine now, lets get back to topic please.
kanye no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 12:49 PM   #4935
Loathing
BANNED

Likes (Received): 388

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Please, don't take over from the freshly banned insecure troll...

* D2 tower, does it ring a bell to you...?
Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbingen View Post
Did you see this facade in real ? this cladding is triple glazing and aluminium.

2 years ago I was in London and I looked at the cladding of the Swiss Re tower, about 3 windows were broken and replaced by laminated wood.
In France we are building with concrete and in UK or USA with steel.

If the world trade center in Manhattan had been built with concrete as in France, it would not have collapsed, a concrete structure resists the heat.
The world trade center collapsed because his skeletton his structure was steel-metallic and had melted due to the strong heat.
What's "insecure troll"?

I am in London this week, and I was in Paris last week. And I have been comparing the cities. I usually live in New York. Right now all of Gherkin's windows are fixed :] (as far as I could tell).

Concrete I know isn't any more fire-retardant than steel anymore. Steel is coated in fire-retardant paint and other insulators. Plus it is not every day that you have a 9/11 -- and the Twin Towers were built in the '60s using outdated methods. I also thought steel was more flexible: I know in France there are no big earthquakes, but in Tokyo, for example, they use steel partly because they have to for earthquakes.

However my main interest is that I find steel more elegant than concrete. Steel = thinner columns; thinner floors; bigger windows; better views = more "lightness" according to principles of architects like Mies van der Rohe.
But also, there is no argument about it: concrete structure is cheaper than steel. That's why I ask: is there any good reason apart from cheaper cost?

D2 has steel structure it is true (although I think it is the only tower in Paris). But the "frame" is just for decoration, or for hanging the glass, it is not a structural "exoskeleton". There are lots of extra structural steel columns (+ the core) inside the building = cheap construction technique.
Also, D2 has ugly windows: in D2 every "triangle" of glass is made up of 15 pieces of rectangular glass bound by thin aluminum frames -- each one is a different shape! But on the Gherkin each "triangle" is made of smaller uniform triangular glass pieces. This is more elegant and much more expensive, because each triangular glass panel is a special order for Gherkin only, and the glass hangs in a seamless, uniform curtain wall over the steel frame, like a skin; D2 glass is made of stock square glass with the decorative steel frame over the top, which is then covered with more thicker decoration (maybe aluminium)! There is a disconnect between the "structure" of D2 and the "aesthetics" (according to the principles of Vitruvius) -- it is kind of a cheap trompe l'oeil!

See:

Surely you can see the difference? I am not from Paris nor London -- just an outsider making observations.

I think Avemano's observation about the concrete lobby in France is the most likely reason there is so little steel construction in Paris. I didn't know before that France was one of the largest concrete makers in Europe:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avemano View Post
The concrete lobby is very powerful in France, with the biggest concrete producers in the world (like Lafarge, leader in building materials industry, who participated to the Suez Canal construction). So, every big construction uses concrete.

Last edited by Loathing; May 5th, 2013 at 01:19 PM.
Loathing no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 05:49 PM   #4936
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5617

Here's your reason:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafarge

The company is the world's largest cement manufacturer.
Old May 5th, 2013, 06:28 PM   #4937
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4814

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
Here's your reason:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lafarge

The company is the world's largest cement manufacturer.

In Britain you have Hanson which combined with Heidelberg Cement is the second largest cement manufacturer so lobby must be strong as well.

I guess is just a preference in construction process but I agree that steel structures look more elegant.
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 09:04 PM   #4938
vonbingen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loathing View Post
What's "insecure troll"?

I am in London this week, and I was in Paris last week. And I have been comparing the cities. I usually live in New York. Right now all of Gherkin's windows are fixed :] (as far as I could tell).

Concrete I know isn't any more fire-retardant than steel anymore. Steel is coated in fire-retardant paint and other insulators. Plus it is not every day that you have a 9/11 -- and the Twin Towers were built in the '60s using outdated methods. I also thought steel was more flexible: I know in France there are no big earthquakes, but in Tokyo, for example, they use steel partly because they have to for earthquakes.

However my main interest is that I find steel more elegant than concrete. Steel = thinner columns; thinner floors; bigger windows; better views = more "lightness" according to principles of architects like Mies van der Rohe.
But also, there is no argument about it: concrete structure is cheaper than steel. That's why I ask: is there any good reason apart from cheaper cost?

D2 has steel structure it is true (although I think it is the only tower in Paris). But the "frame" is just for decoration, or for hanging the glass, it is not a structural "exoskeleton". There are lots of extra structural steel columns (+ the core) inside the building = cheap construction technique.
Also, D2 has ugly windows: in D2 every "triangle" of glass is made up of 15 pieces of rectangular glass bound by thin aluminum frames -- each one is a different shape! But on the Gherkin each "triangle" is made of smaller uniform triangular glass pieces. This is more elegant and much more expensive, because each triangular glass panel is a special order for Gherkin only, and the glass hangs in a seamless, uniform curtain wall over the steel frame, like a skin; D2 glass is made of stock square glass with the decorative steel frame over the top, which is then covered with more thicker decoration (maybe aluminium)! There is a disconnect between the "structure" of D2 and the "aesthetics" (according to the principles of Vitruvius) -- it is kind of a cheap trompe l'oeil!

See:

Surely you can see the difference? I am not from Paris nor London -- just an outsider making observations.

I think Avemano's observation about the concrete lobby in France is the most likely reason there is so little steel construction in Paris. I didn't know before that France was one of the largest concrete makers in Europe:
I cannot give you an answer because I have not seen the cladding of D2. Never trust a photography ! The lighting does not emphasize the cladding of D2. It is necessary to wait for the end of the works !

building offices towers is not a French or Parisian speciality. they are building very much more low buildings in France and some have magnificent facades.
an example look at the amazing cladding of the Vuitton Foundation, the Pei Louvre Pyramid, or buildings by foster or Perrault, a lot of buildings in the parisian rive gauche district, seguin-trapeze district in boulogne-billancourt etc.
Glass facades from the French architect Jean Prouvé are more than 50 years old and are magnificent.

Loathing i was surprised for my first visit in London 2 years ago, the Buildings in the center of London are not tall has less levels compared with those of Paris.
The city of Madrid is impressive about the height of the buildings. The GRAN VIA avenue in Madrid has the tallest historic buildings in Europe

Last edited by vonbingen; May 5th, 2013 at 09:11 PM.
vonbingen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2013, 10:33 PM   #4939
Minato ku

I completely forgot Aeroville mall.
Old May 6th, 2013, 02:04 AM   #4940
sophie7moto
Countess of Grantham

Likes (Received): 2

Oh WOW! They all look beautiful and exciting projects! Can't wait to visit Paris soon!

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects