daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 18th, 2013, 03:32 PM   #5121
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
It was small and undersized for the traffic.
I can't say that this old station was very beautiful either.
It was rather banal, nothing like the other big terminal of Paris (except Austerlitz).
I think that it would have been much better to demolish it partially so that the facade is integrated to a modern building to make a connection between the past & the present time. Honestly, when I look at our contemporary Montparnasse Station, I'm everything but carried away by the look of it...

alexandru.mircea, kony liked this post
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 18th, 2013, 03:55 PM   #5122
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Quote:
Her probable conservative opponent in next year's election, Nathalie Kosciusko-Morizet, said a few days ago: "You don't embellish a city by building isolated tower blocks that disfigure it."
Her programme is so empty that this idiotic NKM really does everything to be elected...including spending most of her campaign criticizing all these projects...she's so useless, she'd better go back to Longjumeau...
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:11 PM   #5123
parcdesprinces
churches & stadia/arenas

Likes (Received): 9711

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post
Her programme is so empty that this idiotic NKM really does everything to be elected...including spending most of her campaign criticizing all these projects...she's so useless, she'd better go back to Longjumeau...
Mind your own business, le Nantais!

(I mean, you can give your opinion of course, but unless you actually vote here, in Paris intra-muros, your opinion won't be taken into consideration since this is a local stuff, remember? )

Charloose liked this post
parcdesprinces no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 04:58 PM   #5124
CB31

Likes (Received): 2164

The new Place de la République looks so beautiful, it could be amazing to renovated other Places like this one. It looks so nice with those new trees

Guys in my opinion, Paris is very beautiful and I also wish to see new beautiful towers in it, but not right in the center of Paris but in a especifique place like in La Defense. We may see and read great things about new towers in London, but we must remember that Paris was able to preserve almost all its historical buildings in its city-center, and I think it has to take advantage of that.

Int'l liked this post
CB31 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 18th, 2013, 06:25 PM   #5125
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by parcdesprinces View Post
Mind your own business, le Nantais!

(I mean, you can give your opinion of course, but unless you actually vote here, in Paris intra-muros, your opinion won't be taken into consideration since this is a local stuff, remember? )

Le "Nantais" te dit bien des choses mon cher...

I don't need your approval Your Royal Highness of sundays to give my opinion or say whatever I want. Altough I'm not a "parigot" (phew), Paris is my capital as much as for any french citizen, therefore what's going on outhere IS my own business. I want Hidalgo as mayor, definitely not that gawky NKM. Got it...?
Old June 19th, 2013, 02:55 PM   #5126
vonbingen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB31 View Post
The new Place de la République looks so beautiful, it could be amazing to renovated other Places like this one. It looks so nice with those new trees

Guys in my opinion, Paris is very beautiful and I also wish to see new beautiful towers in it, but not right in the center of Paris but in a especifique place like in La Defense. We may see and read great things about new towers in London, but we must remember that Paris was able to preserve almost all its historical buildings in its city-center, and I think it has to take advantage of that.
hello cb31. yes place de la republique in paris is a great Realization. but I was almost demoralized when I read this morning about 40 comments in the newspaper "le Parisien", only negative comments of this berges de la seine/seine river banks.
only people posting in "le parisien" paper against this realization.
"paris is a museum or the car definitely banned or waste of money or realization for the bourgeois" etc.... i was angry after reading.
vonbingen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:07 PM   #5127
desi1
BANNED

Likes (Received): 813

Quote:
Le "Nantais" te dit bien des choses mon cher...

I don't need your approval Your Royal Highness of sundays to give my opinion or say whatever I want. Altough I'm not a "parigot" (phew), Paris is my capital as much as for any french citizen, therefore what's going on outhere IS my own business. I want Hidalgo as mayor, definitely not that gawky NKM. Got it...?
Parisians don't need peremptory (and derogatory) statements from people who know very little about the city (but think they know it all because they see it on TV) to choose the right person, thank you.

Very much like parisians should be humble and careful when they comment about possible airports somewhere else.

Comment is free but relevance is required, please.
desi1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 03:28 PM   #5128
CB31

Likes (Received): 2164

Well I could understand the people's concern. Despite the fact that I'm completely in favor of projects like this one and the river banks (the river banks are incredible), I think that the municipality fail in offer others alternatives. They never care to offer a public transportation alternative to people coming from the suburbs.

It's great to take spaces for pedestrian but it has to be accompanied with a so much better vision otherwise people will be affected very negatively and will hate initiatives like this one.

I wish Paris get a Mayor who really think and take care of the cities with a Metropolitan vision, it's really about time. The problems of Paris are only because of that, the politics only think in their position and not in benefiting the people giving the city a greater authority for all the city and suburbs.

With politics benefiting and given the people a better integration and quality of massive public transportation system, initiatives like these ones will be possible, having a positive impact for all.

And I always will be in favor of politics benefiting pedestrians, the environment and reduction cars use.
CB31 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #5129
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by desi1 View Post
Parisians don't need peremptory (and derogatory) statements from people who know very little about the city (but think they know it all because they see it on TV) to choose the right person, thank you.

Very much like parisians should be humble and careful when they comment about possible airports somewhere else.

Comment is free but relevance is required, please.
Such a condescending reaction doesn't do Paris/parisians a favor at all...Stop taking yourself too seriously (besides that's the reason why they have such a very bad reputation both in France & abroad...)

For your own information, I used to live in Paris & therefore I know it "a bit more" than what is shown on TV...a word to the wise.
Old June 19th, 2013, 07:35 PM   #5130
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Starchitect Jean Nouvel chosen for a 200m tower in La Défense

Jean Nouvel has just been chosen to build a 200m tall tower as well as a couple of residential buildings (50m) in La Défense (at the 'Rose de Cherbourg'.)

http://www.leparisien.fr/hauts-de-se...13-2910789.php

Charloose liked this post
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 08:49 PM   #5131
vonbingen
BANNED

Quote:
Jean Nouvel has just been chosen to build a 200m tall tower as well as a couple of residential buildings (50m) in La Défense (at the 'Rose de Cherbourg'.)

http://www.leparisien.fr/hauts-de-se...13-2910789.php
wouaw fantastic. and i read a 231 m tall tower and a 83 m tall building.
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:01 PM   #5132
Phobos

This guy gets all the projects.First,the "beheaded" tower in Rive Gauche(a fantastic projetc IMO) and now this!
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:10 PM   #5133
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

I just hope he never builds anything like what he did in Barcelona or Doha again.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:23 PM   #5134
Ulpia-Serdica
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7648

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatOneGuy View Post
I just hope he never builds anything like what he did in Barcelona or Doha again.
Are you kidding?
Ulpia-Serdica no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 09:25 PM   #5135
vonbingen
BANNED

Quote:
i like very much his agbar tower in barcelona....the cladding is really special amazing...and burj qatar in doha is impressive too.

Jex7844 liked this post

Last edited by vonbingen; June 19th, 2013 at 09:39 PM.
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:06 PM   #5136
kony

Likes (Received): 1241

Quote:
and why that ? they are both great towers and very sexy !!!

doha tower looks absolutely gorgeous when lit at night...even more than Torre Agbar of barcelona
kony no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2013, 11:42 PM   #5137
arno-13

Likes (Received): 1192

Doha towercould not be the most beautifull on earth (on the shape) , but maybe one of the finest. In a country where the sun is powerfull ,the pattern provide shadows. More over, the traditional islamic inspired pattern link the tower to it's context (islamic world) and is very classy, with several stratum.
arno-13 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2013, 12:49 AM   #5138
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Likes (Received): 11205

It will equilibrate a little more the skyline from the axe historique
Avemano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:19 AM   #5139
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 2577

today
Athéna tower (Allianz)

Berges de Seine

Avemano liked this post
dougdoug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2013, 01:26 AM   #5140
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 2577

today
Carpe Diem tower

D2 tower

Louis Vuitton Fondation
dougdoug no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects