daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 21st, 2013, 11:34 AM   #5341
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Likes (Received): 11206

Moreover, from the hypercenter of Paris, the tour Triangle will be seen from its skinny side (and this part of the agglomeration is not included in the famous perspectives of Paris from the historic places).
Avemano no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 21st, 2013, 01:40 PM   #5342
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Quote:
Originally Posted by JanVL View Post
There goes the nice authentic view on Paris... What a pity.
Come on...please find out about the project before talking bullshits...do you really think that both the architects & deciders would come up with/approve a highrise destroying the "nice authentic view on Paris"...?

Please peruse Triangle's website in its totality HERE.
Old July 21st, 2013, 02:12 PM   #5343
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

100th Tour de France: finale in PARIS

Quote:
The 100th Tour de France requires a fitting finale and the city of lights will be lit up for an evening showdown for the sprinters for a stage that begins at 5.45pm and is expected to conclude at around 9.30pm. The race from Versailles to Paris is 133.5km long and features 10 laps of a circuit up and down the Champs-Elysées. The traditional circuit features an innovation never before done since the race first concluded on this famous avenue in 1975: instead of turning in front of the Arc de Triomphe, the peloton will race around the Place de Etoile.

http://www.letour.fr/le-tour/2013/us/
Old July 21st, 2013, 03:36 PM   #5344
Pew
No, no and no

Likes (Received): 235

We can see the frustations here of the people who want to see innovation with architecture in Paris but the sooo many projects abandonned because of the sacred hausmannians and monuments... Paris can't keep all in the long run, sometime we'll need to destroy old to build new... and some (mostly parisian inhabitants) should get used to it, the quicker the better . Let's start with some glassy pyramid to go smooth and next supertalls next to the Eiffel tower
Pew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:38 PM   #5345
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jex7844 View Post

Scans by axelferis :

Attention les yeux

Final du tour de France

Nice view on Majunga

For the rest ... Is this real life ...
Old July 21st, 2013, 10:59 PM   #5346
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Axelferis is on fire :

Old July 21st, 2013, 11:52 PM   #5347
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10740

Please don't put so many pics so large in one post... Thanks.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

In Praise Of Dirty, Sexy / Boring Cities
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:16 AM   #5348
Avemano
Luigi babe !

The last ones

Axelferis scans showing La Défense after the arrivée of the Tour de France

Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:18 AM   #5349
vonbingen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2590

What a prestigious demonstration.....

And when I hear foreigner MEDIA saying that France is in decline ......

Last edited by vonbingen; July 22nd, 2013 at 01:06 AM.
vonbingen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:30 AM   #5350
Avemano
Luigi babe !

And all is private initiative, a lot of money is created with it along the parcours
Old July 22nd, 2013, 12:51 AM   #5351
vonbingen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB31 View Post
A big lie?

I didn't say it will be straight in the heart of the city. If you do considered its height and ubication you could easily tell it will have a considerable impact in the city skyline.
curious post cb31, La défense have too a considerable impact in the paris urban skyline, where do you want to build skyscrapers only at la défense ?
Paris could stay the single big city in the world like Roma without new towers into his administrative limits ?
this tower triangle will be built as far as possible from the historic center in front of the péripherique ring-road around Paris, thus nothing wrong.
Has Paris to stay a big museum ? no ! every new towers into Paris will be built in front of the ring-road, in front of the suburbs.

here a map of paris with tower triangle location.

as far as possible from the historic center..

Jex7844 liked this post

Last edited by vonbingen; July 22nd, 2013 at 01:07 AM.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:15 AM   #5352
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

This is an alpha ++ city

So proud to be french !
How could others cities rivalize with Paris?

Even the magnificient Rome can't compete. Paris is this unique city mix between past & future!

Next year brits will welcome the departure of edition 2014

CB31, Greg95100, Avemano liked this post

Last edited by Axelferis; July 22nd, 2013 at 01:22 AM.
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 01:22 AM   #5353
vonbingen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
This is an alpha ++ city

So proud to be french !
How could others cities rivalize with Paris?

Even the magnificient Rome can't compete. Paris is this unique city mix between past & future!

Next year brits will welcome the departure of edition 2014
paris, roma, london, new york city, buenos aires, moscow, saint petersburg, ....
Old July 22nd, 2013, 02:44 AM   #5354
Andre_idol
Fluorescent Adolescent

Likes (Received): 418

Wonderful stuff from the tv guys...thanks for the screencaps!

...although I kinda a hope a huge LED illuminated streets (like those F1 races) but got nothing of that! Still...that Arc lighting was fantastic!
Old July 22nd, 2013, 03:02 AM   #5355
Int'l
Utilisateur enregistré

Likes (Received): 224

I watched the final live on TV and these aerial views are very impressive. I love the unity and harmony of the Parisian skyline, how we can distinguish monuments and avenues very easily from the sky, and just how big the city is!

The 3D mapping on the Arc de Triomphe was of very high quality, I only wished it had lasted longer.

Avemano liked this post
Int'l no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:03 AM   #5356
CB31

Likes (Received): 2164

Incredible pictures, thanks for sharing guys.

Vonbingen: For me La Defense has a extremely positive impact in the skyline of Paris because it allows the construction of tall and modern buildings which improves the international and business images of Paris. And most importantly because it allows the construction of these kind of buldings in a planned way that created this organized amazing views of all the buildings that we see at La Defense.

Like you I don't want Paris to become only a museum city, but building a lot of towes all around of Paris won't make the city more dynamic and more global competitive. Paris could stop being a open museum and compete strongly with others global cities with another measures, like: allowing stores to open on Sunday, reduction taxes in businesses and in general, investing more in public transport and improving the condition of the current system.

I don't have a extremist position against towers in Paris, but I think if Paris will built big towers outside La Defense it most be in a very planificated area where it could created a mixture of services and activities and not building big towers all around of Paris. (And very importantly far of the center)

The views that all of you guys shared really worth preserving. No other global city is this beautiful and Paris most preserve what others didn't care to do, to remain as the most beautiful city on earth.

PD: I'm completly in favour and I can't wait to see the Hermitage Plaza, Phare tower, Air2 tower, Ava tower and other amazing and taller building at La Defense.

Avemano liked this post
CB31 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:50 AM   #5357
KiffKiff

Likes (Received): 8432

Fantastic Tour de France this year !

Intense race, wonderful landscapes, gorgeous cities and landmarks, sunny weather, and great final stage in evening with the Patrouille de France and a nice light show on the Arc de Triomphe.

It was amazing.

“French romances occupy a central position in the development of medieval European
literature. Their most popular subject matter by far was the Arthurian legend, which, though it
had its origins elsewhere, was first cast in romance form in France: the Round Table, the
tragic love story of Lancelot and Guinevere, and the notion of the Grail quest were all French
innovations."
KiffKiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:43 AM   #5358
streetscapeer
hmmm......

Likes (Received): 25275

La belle ville!

Greg95100 liked this post
streetscapeer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 02:08 PM   #5359
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

By fredm59 yesterday:

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

By Anthony Gelot on July 14th:

image hosted on flickr

Last edited by Jex7844; July 22nd, 2013 at 02:26 PM.
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 04:33 PM   #5360
vonbingen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CB31 View Post
Incredible pictures, thanks for sharing guys.

Vonbingen: For me La Defense has a extremely positive impact in the skyline of Paris because it allows the construction of tall and modern buildings which improves the international and business images of Paris. And most importantly because it allows the construction of these kind of buldings in a planned way that created this organized amazing views of all the buildings that we see at La Defense.

Like you I don't want Paris to become only a museum city, but building a lot of towes all around of Paris won't make the city more dynamic and more global competitive. Paris could stop being a open museum and compete strongly with others global cities with another measures, like: allowing stores to open on Sunday, reduction taxes in businesses and in general, investing more in public transport and improving the condition of the current system.

I don't have a extremist position against towers in Paris, but I think if Paris will built big towers outside La Defense it most be in a very planificated area where it could created a mixture of services and activities and not building big towers all around of Paris. (And very importantly far of the center)

The views that all of you guys shared really worth preserving. No other global city is this beautiful and Paris most preserve what others didn't care to do, to remain as the most beautiful city on earth.

PD: I'm completly in favour and I can't wait to see the Hermitage Plaza, Phare tower, Air2 tower, Ava tower and other amazing and taller building at La Defense.
are restaurants, bars, museums, hotels, shops on the champs elysees or la defense not open on sunday ? YES !!!
People have the right to have a day off on Sundays !

Last edited by vonbingen; July 22nd, 2013 at 05:33 PM.

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects