daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:08 PM   #5361
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Likes (Received): 11206

I am crying in front of these photos, please help me lol.

This urban plan (second photo of axelferis), I think it is so PERFECT
Incredible perspectives, you can follow all the force lines (lignes de force) of the capital connected around places, arches, palaces and gardens. It is as dynamic as huge highways between supertalls in others global cities, but this parisian model is unique.

Thank you Haussman, thank you kings and emperors for this heritage, we* try our best to marry it with modernity and elegance

*well not me, precisely lol, not a parisian but Paris belongs to all the French (n'est-ce pas parcdesprinces ?)

Int'l liked this post
Avemano no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 22nd, 2013, 05:35 PM   #5362
vonbingen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avemano View Post

Incredible perspectives, you can follow all the force lines (lignes de force) of the capital connected around places, arches, palaces and gardens. It is as dynamic as huge highways between supertalls in others global cities, but this parisian model is unique.

Thank you Haussman, thank you kings and emperors for this heritage, we* try our best to marry it with modernity and elegance

*well not me, precisely lol, not a parisian but Paris belongs to all the French (n'est-ce pas parcdesprinces ?)
please avemano dont' be so chauvinist and proud ! its not so good !
a little modesty is nice too !

dougdoug liked this post
vonbingen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:07 PM   #5363
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

we can't deny the truth!
Paris is so...!
i don't care about the critics!

Paris is Paris!
Old July 22nd, 2013, 06:26 PM   #5364
letranger

Likes (Received): 251

Is there somewhere video of the final of the TDF?
letranger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 22nd, 2013, 08:12 PM   #5365
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbingen View Post
please avemano dont' be so chauvinist and proud ! its not so good !
a little modesty is nice too !
You don't think the urban plan of Paris is perfect ?
It is not canyon of supertalls in grid where the inhabitants never see the light of the sun, it allows fabolous perspectives, all the landmarks of Paris communicate with each others like in a flipper (the arcade game, not the dolphin).

The new developments of offices in the Quartier Central des Affaires marry modernity with respect of this architecture, I think it is the best way to do for Paris. And new projects like Cheval Blanc/Samaritaine, Fondation Louis Vuitton, rue Blanche add modernity in respect of history.

Of course, it causes problems especially for houses, with all the norms the new houses are not enough high in the inner-Paris, but the périphérie is booming.

Seriously, the aeriel views seen during the 14 juillet and the Tour de France made me fall in love again with Paris urbanism
Maybe in a few months, I will be more objective. Or not.
Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:07 PM   #5366
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

Don't feed the troll...We don't give a toss about the UK on this forum as it's totally off topic, but I'll just say that Froome is a nice chap, & I'm happy for him, full stop.

Guys, let's now get back on topic please, let's get back to our beloved Capital city of Paris, merci!
Old July 22nd, 2013, 09:08 PM   #5367
Pew
No, no and no

Likes (Received): 235

I used to love Paris but by seeing the crazy fanboys, I'm a little bit bored

LondonFox, jamiefearon liked this post
Pew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:00 AM   #5368
Jex7844
La Défenseholic

Likes (Received): 2916

The Patrouille de France on July 14th 2012

dougdoug, Avemano, ParisianStyle liked this post
Jex7844 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:43 AM   #5369
dougdoug

Likes (Received): 2578

les Halles

new residential building in Pantin, 44 flats and one shop

new buiding must be build soon

the new Ateliers of Hermès (the luxurious french group) in Pantin

vonbingen liked this post
dougdoug no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 10:28 AM   #5370
deckard_6

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avemano View Post

The city center is indeed well organised, Paris metropolitan area is, however, a huge mess. The banlieues from Paris represent in the opinion of many experts the worst urban planning in terms of housing and development you can find anywhere in Europe, so please keep your childish chauvinism under control before you make a fool of yourself again. Thanks!
deckard_6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 11:57 AM   #5371
Gui

Likes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by deckard_6 View Post
The city center is indeed well organised, Paris metropolitan area is, however, a huge mess. The banlieues from Paris represent in the opinion of many experts the worst urban planning in terms of housing and development you can find anywhere in Europe, so please keep your childish chauvinism under control before you make a fool of yourself again. Thanks!
I understand you point, Deckard, and I must admit that this peak of French chauvinism these days on this forum embarrasses me a lot. I'm French AND Parisian and I feel ashamed by these people.
If there's something that I hate above all, it is that kind of stupid childish nationalism. And these are the same people that, on the French forum, spend the whole day ranting about the "inefficiency" of the French model, the "absurdity" of French regulations and so on...I think that “black and white” spirit is the worst enemy of intelligence.

However, although I guess it's intentionally exaggerated, I think that your comment about Paris organization vs Banlieues mess is interesting because it reveals once again that a lot of people simply don’t know what exists beyond the "Périph' " (nickname for the ringroad that cut Paris from its outskirts).

The Banlieues are clearly the future of this megalopolis and I think that the current wave of projects, buildings, urbanization is fascinating. Very poor cities like Saint-Denis, Sain-Ouen or Pantin are reinventing themselves RIGHT NOW before our very eyes! The Brooklyn of Paris exists and is about to boom: it’s called “La Seine-Saint-Denis” (or “le 93”, its postal code).

In the Parisian Banlieues, you get both the worst and the best of the city. Banlieues are the territory of the world city that we are all looking for: hundreds of nationalities, all types of architectures, verticality, concrete, industrial wastelands, urbanity, urban nature (huge parks, urban forests, real forests), street-art, street culture, History, heritage (castles everywhere), even rural areas, both poorest and richest parts of Paris… You are talking about chaos and mess, I see there the great cocktail of tomorrow's new Paris.

If you look for cranes in London, you just have to stare at the city center. In Paris, cranes are all around the core city.

So, to conclude, Banlieues are clearly what we should help emerge and promote as they give its real size and dimension to Paris.

Last edited by Gui; July 23rd, 2013 at 12:36 PM.
Gui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:22 PM   #5372
SE9
South East Nine

Likes (Received): 60759

Thanks for a return to the construction and project updates. I look forward to seeing more of what's under construction in Paris, le 92, 93 et 94.
Old July 23rd, 2013, 12:53 PM   #5373
Smarty

Likes (Received): 2897

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui View Post
The Banlieues are clearly the future of this megalopolis and I think that the current wave of projects, buildings, urbanization is fascinating. Very poor cities like Saint-Denis, Sain-Ouen or Pantin are reinventing themselves RIGHT NOW before our very eyes! The Brooklyn of Paris exists and is about to boom: it’s called “La Seine-Saint-Denis” (or “le 93”, its postal code).
That's very interesting and a good change. I lived in Paris for a bit many years ago and there was a very real snobbery that Parisians had about areas outside of the périphérique. Do you think that's changing, or has it already changed ?
Smarty no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:07 PM   #5374
deckard_6

Likes (Received): 112

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gui View Post
I understand you point, Deckard, and I must admit that this peak of French chauvinism these days on this forum embarrasses me a lot. I'm French AND Parisian and I feel ashamed by these people.
If there's something that I hate above all, it is that kind of stupid childish nationalism. And these are the same people that, on the French forum, spend the whole day ranting about the "inefficiency" of the French model, the "absurdity" of French regulations and so on...I think that “black and white” spirit is the worst enemy of intelligence.

However, although I guess it's intentionally exaggerated, I think that your comment about Paris organization vs Banlieues mess is interesting because it reveals once again that a lot of people simply don’t know what exists beyond the "Périph' " (nickname for the ringroad that cut Paris from its outskirts).

In the Parisian Banlieues, you get both the worst and the best of the city. Banlieues are the territory of the world city that we are all looking for: hundreds of nationalities, all types of architectures, verticality, concrete, industrial wastelands, urbanity, urban nature (huge parks, urban forests, real forests), street-art, street culture, History, heritage (castles everywhere), even rural areas, both poorest and richest parts of Paris… You are talking about chaos and mess, I see there the great cocktail of tomorrow's new Paris.

If you look for cranes in London, you just have to stare at the city center. In Paris, cranes are all around the core city.

So, to conclude, Banlieues are clearly what we should help emerge and promote as they give its real size and dimension to Paris.
Thanks for this very interesting post, that's the way people should use this forum, sharing information others may like to have, not continuously trolling around like stupid kids. I hope what your explaining about the Banlieues will become true at some point, I as well think these surrounding cities have great changing potential.
deckard_6 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 01:37 PM   #5375
Gui

Likes (Received): 137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
That's very interesting and a good change. I lived in Paris for a bit many years ago and there was a very real snobbery that Parisians had about areas outside of the périphérique. Do you think that's changing, or has it already changed ?
Some very recent developments are the proof that a certain intelligentsia is lurking towards this huge land of possibilities.

Most recent example that comes to my mind : the opening of the new huge art gallery of the franco-austrian Parisian art mogul Thaddaeus Ropac, in Pantin.
=> http://ropac.net/contact/paris-pantin

=> before it was this :
https://maps.google.com/maps?q=69,+a...12,355.28,,0,1

So, now, you see hipsters and art "snobs" crossing the Périph !!

Smarty, alexandru.mircea liked this post

Last edited by Gui; July 23rd, 2013 at 01:47 PM.
Gui no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 03:10 PM   #5376
Quicksilver
Yanukovich nash boh

Likes (Received): 4814

Quote:
Originally Posted by LondonFox View Post
Crikey! Where are those pictures from? Awful areas!

London does have its 'rough areas'.... but if I am being perfectly truthful... most of these areas... Hackney, Brixton, Elephant & Castle, Croydon and areas in East London have been or are in the process of complete re-design and regeneration. Billions are being invested in these areas.
Metro Fort d'Aubervilliers the stop before the last on line 7:
https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=For...2,67.6,,0,2.21

I love Paris but frankly, I cannot think about the similar looking areas in London as well (may be Luton if you think that far). And this is just one of few like this to be honest. Tourists just don't go there.

Is there any plans to modernise those areas? In my mind some of the housing should be knocked down as soon as possible.

I can see something being done here: https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=For...52.64,,0,-4.25

Are they planning to demolish it or just to renovate? Any other plans in Paris to tackle these social housing areas? Also, what is the current policy in France with regards to social housing in general. In the UK they are trying to mix commercial and affordable housing with developers required to allocate 30% in any development for such affordable housing. What is the current policy in France?

Would be interesting to know this.

Last edited by Quicksilver; July 23rd, 2013 at 03:19 PM.
Quicksilver no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 05:26 PM   #5377
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10740

When I have free time I want to go through the 400-something communes in the urban unit of Paris and make a list of important public institutions, cultural facilities, tourist attractions etc. that make up the potential of the parisian agglomeration. Should be interesting.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

In Praise Of Dirty, Sexy / Boring Cities

Quicksilver liked this post
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:03 PM   #5378
desertpunk
Whiskey Tango Foxtrot

Likes (Received): 53453

Do you guys (you know who you are) really want to see how tightly moderated this section can be? Because it will be the last thing you see at SSC.

Knock off the city vs. city trolling!

alexandru.mircea, Baboulinet liked this post

Last edited by desertpunk; July 23rd, 2013 at 07:08 PM.
desertpunk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 07:57 PM   #5379
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

Arcueil (paris suburbs department 94)
Commercial centre "La vache noire"

A lot of parisian suburbs offers a very good quality of living.
With new "super metro" all the parisian area will be better connected between itself.

Avemano, dougdoug, Bren liked this post
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 23rd, 2013, 08:37 PM   #5380
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
Love the garden on the roof, very good use for low rises like this one !

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects