daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 3rd, 2006, 04:06 AM   #521
Brice

Likes (Received): 168

I like this new tower
Brice no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 3rd, 2006, 07:39 AM   #522
3tmk
Rusty Robot

wow, so they increased the height by 30 meters?!
That's even better, now they can boast to have the tallest tower in France, any way conceivable, there won't be a roof or spire debate.
And it will be interesting to see the renders you and Metropolitain make, for some reason I think that Generali's roof is lower than 250m high
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:42 PM   #523
thoju75
DAMNED

Likes (Received): 3

The height is actually 159m and will be 225m, so they increase the height by 66m precisely
thoju75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 01:59 PM   #524
[email protected]
Funk Master

Likes (Received): 5

66.11m precisely...
Old December 3rd, 2006, 02:43 PM   #525
JBCousin

Likes (Received): 4

A model of this tower that I did yesterday :

JBCousin no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:22 PM   #526
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Quote:
Originally Posted by thoju75 View Post
The height is actually 159m and will be 225m, so they increase the height by 66m precisely
No, I meant they increased the total height of the renovated tower by 30m, since at first it was supposed to be 215m tall (or was it 225m?), including the spire
Old December 3rd, 2006, 05:34 PM   #527
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

225m is the "roof" height, without the spire.
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:03 PM   #528
Phobos

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
No, they are not planning to replace some Haussmannian buildings (or mansard-roof buildings as you put it), not that I know of. The buildings that would be destroyed are 1970s and 1980s buildings.

That being said, even if they planned to destroy some Haussmannian buildings, that wouldn't be the end of the world you know. Paris has like thousands of Haussmannian buildings. IMHO, it's ok to destroy a few of them here and there to make room for new buildings, as long as the new buildings are high quality. Otherwise, if we consider that each and every Haussmannian building is sacred and must remain till the end of times, then Paris becomes a museum, and Parisians become museum keepers. No, thanks.
I'm against any demolition of historic buildings.The Haussmanian buildings are what makes Paris look Paris,so destroying these buildings is destroying the soul of the city.Glassy buildings can be found in any big city in the world,but the "sea of mansards" can only be seen in Paris.That doesn't mean the city has to be a museum city with no modern architecture,you guys have LD and there are always crappy 60's buildings waiting for the wrecking ball,like in this project.BTW I was looking at the diagram and here's a comparison with an aerial:

I couldn't find a picture showing the other side of the avenue,but looking at the diagram it seems some old buildings will be demolished:

Old December 3rd, 2006, 09:46 PM   #529
3tmk
Rusty Robot

Phobos, of course I am opposed on destroying a lot of those Haussmanian buildings, and most boulevards should be undisturbed, but why not have some fun on some of them, Paris has so many avenues that are just so banal from one to the another, having a little diversity in a few of them won't hurt Paris, I mean, a lot of them already have some concrete monstrosities from the 60s that can be replaced IMO
Old December 4th, 2006, 01:06 AM   #530
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

If highrise buildings would be built in Neuilly, it will certainly not be on locations of Haussmanian buildings. That's for sure. This would never be accepted neither by the population, nor by the mayor. While there are many Haussmanian buildings on the avenue Charles-de-Gaulle, the avenue is far to be 100% made of them. Many new buildings have been built very recently on that avenue, and none has replaced something Haussmanian.

There's largely enough ugly buildings from the 60's/70's on that avenue to build new highrise instead. There's absolutely no need to touch to Haussmanian architecture. Actually, on the opposite, keeping Haussmanian buildings would emphasize even more the progressivity of the changing environments, from the Haussmanian to the skyscraper.

Last edited by Metropolitan; December 4th, 2006 at 01:11 AM.
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:32 PM   #531
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4245

La Défense 2013

The Phare tower is not shown..or is it hidden in the background?
Btw T1 and Granite towers are not shown either.
BTWww the 15 demolished and rebuilt towers are not shown either

Last edited by Cyril; December 4th, 2006 at 05:39 PM.
Cyril no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 4th, 2006, 05:57 PM   #532
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

The same image at higher resolution, coming from today's edition of the French newspaper Le Figaro. As Cyril already mentioned, only the Generali Tower, the new AXA Tower, and the smaller Nobel Tower are shown. The location of the "tour Phare" (aka "tour signal"), the Granite Tower, and the T1 Tower are indicated. The Ministry of Public Works tower as well as the other towers that will be reconstructed are not indicated.

For each tower, Le Figaro indicated the total floor area, as well as the following information:
- Hauteur (height)
- Livraison (due to open in)
- Maître d'ouvrage (developer)
- Architecte (architect)

Enjoy.

brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #533
Grygry
Grygry

Likes (Received): 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phobos View Post
I couldn't find a picture showing the other side of the avenue,but looking at the diagram it seems some old buildings will be demolished:

Well, the non-hausmannian buildings by taller ones will not be easy in Paris. Paris does not have wide street (avenues, yes but not streets), building are really close one another so building high would pose some problem, more than in NY, except if you set the same kind of legislation. And the proximity of historical monuments would make this pretty hard within the 11 inner districts.

Also, there are great areas to redevelop that are only made out of hausmannian buildings... To renew them (the floors are 120 years old!) you have to totally destroy the floors, while keeping the outside wall up, and rebuild inside. That has a huge cost. I'd be curious to see if it is possible to make a tower out of such a structure, with a hausmanian base... But I guess you are aware, Phobos, that these ideas are somewhat un-PC in Paris!

Otherwise, I'm thinking, that rebuilding & densifying the suburbs is much easier, and that a new infrastructure (like Metropherique) would make it more interesting than inner Paris for investors. So this futuristic view may not become a reallity inside Paris so soon...

Last edited by Grygry; December 6th, 2006 at 04:43 PM.
Grygry no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 04:57 PM   #534
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grygry View Post
So this futuristic view may not become a reallity inside Paris so soon...
The above rendering is not inside the City of Paris. It's in Neuilly-sur-Seine, juste across the Seine river from La Défense. Re-read the previous messages.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 6th, 2006, 05:04 PM   #535
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grygry View Post
Well, the non-hausmannian buildings by taller ones will not be easy in Paris. Paris does not have wide street (avenues, yes but not streets), building are really close one another so building high would pose some problem, more than in NY, except if you set the same kind of legislation. And the proximity of historical monuments would make this pretty hard within the 11 inner districts.

Also, there are great areas to redevelop that are only made out of hausmannian buildings... To renew them (the floors are 120 years old!) you have to totally destroy the floors, while keeping the outside wall up, and rebuild inside. That has a huge cost. I'd be curious to see if it is possible to make a tower out of such a structure, with a hausmanian base... But I guess you are aware, Phobos, that these ideas are somewhat un-PC in Paris!

Otherwise, I'm thinking, that rebuilding & densifying the suburbs is much easier, and that a new infrastructure (like Metropherique) would make it more interesting than inner Paris for investors. So this futuristic view may not become a reallity inside Paris so soon...
The fact streets are narrow is not true in Neuilly-sur-Seine, which is the municipality where some people currently consider the idea about building skyscrapers. Furthermore, this project is specific to the avenue Charles-de-Gaulle which is very wide and directly following the esplanade of La Défense.

On that avenue, there are already buildings up to 12 floors that most people don't even notice. That's not that tall of course, but building few highrises buildings at the entrance to La Défense to make it less brutal and more progressive wouldn't increase contrasts, it would actually be the exact opposite. I honnestly believe that the connection between Haussmanian buildings and modern skyscrapers shouldn't be feared. Honnestly, the 60's or 70's buildings which would be replaced by highrise buildings.
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:05 AM   #536
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Vision..proposal..or project?

The Freaks Towers, Porte de Bagnolet in Paris City (??) or more likely in Bagnolet ?
EDIT: I've checked on a map. Those towers would NOT be in Paris city but in Bagnolet.

We've known for a few months that Bagnolet wants to build at least one highrise on its territory. Are those towers the expected project?

Last edited by Cyril; December 7th, 2006 at 12:11 AM.
Cyril no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:29 AM   #537
3tmk
Rusty Robot

ooooh, me-likey!
Even better that they apparently dream to build them near the Mercuriales!
Old December 7th, 2006, 12:30 AM   #538
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

there's 99% chance it's a mere vision imo.
Old December 7th, 2006, 11:56 PM   #539
EyOne

Likes (Received): 0

We have news about Generali Tower. It is confirmed that the tower will be 300m height from.....the esplanade.

According to our prevision from these new informations (and this official draw, -we just had the coloured elements)...the tower must be 318meters height from ground (0 level)! May be the future taller skyscraper of West Europe?

Last edited by EyOne; December 8th, 2006 at 12:03 AM.
EyOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 8th, 2006, 02:13 PM   #540
[email protected]
Funk Master

Likes (Received): 5

Welcome EyOne and thanks for the news

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects