daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 30th, 2013, 01:30 PM   #5421
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10736

^ most of what you see in these pages aren't projects in the "beautiful city" that you think of, but in its outskirts and the suburbs, so no need to worry. For convenience purposes all these places are named "Paris" in reports.
Many suburbs and Paris outskirts are not really nice places, so being "different" and "not fitting" is actually a good thing, like in the project above in this page, the cultural centre by Rudy Ricciotti. Surely you don't want the cultural centre to be built in commie-block style, like the surroundings.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

In Praise Of Dirty, Sexy / Boring Cities
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:17 PM   #5422
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

Rubbish!
Go say that in london which is very modern
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:22 PM   #5423
vonbingen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2590

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
^ most of what you see in these pages aren't projects in the "beautiful city" that you think of, but in its outskirts and the suburbs, so no need to worry. For convenience purposes all these places are named "Paris" in reports.
Many suburbs and Paris outskirts are not really nice places, so being "different" and "not fitting" is actually a good thing, like in the project above in this page, the cultural centre by Rudy Ricciotti. Surely you don't want the cultural centre to be built in commie-block style, like the surroundings.
hello alexandru yes its true but don't forget inner paris has 2 millions inhabitants and 8 millions people are living in the suburbs..8+2= 10 million.
i think you have more projects around paris than in inner paris but shure the most prestigious the biggest ones are into Paris City.

suburbs of paris had riots for 3 or 4 years.....and some stupid american journalists from cnn said that suburbs of paris are only trash cans and commieblocks.....stupid man..and what about nice cities like ....Versailles, saint germain en laye, rambouillet, enghien, vincennes, nogent sur marne/sur seine/melun....etc hundreds of beautifuls castles parks monuments around paris.....veaux le vicomte etc

i think that paris suburbs are much more interesting than NYC or london suburbs.

van_allen78 liked this post
vonbingen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 02:59 PM   #5424
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by vonbingen View Post
hello alexandru yes its true but don't forget inner paris has 2 millions inhabitants and 8 millions people are living in the suburbs..8+2= 10 million.
Where do I forget this? I am very well aware of what the population of urban Paris is, and I don't think I've said anything that contradicts this particular fact.

Quote:
i think you have more projects around paris than in inner paris but shure the most prestigious the biggest ones are into Paris City.
Which ones, exactly? In inner Paris the only big and prestigious project I can think of is Les Halles. There's also La Samaritaine but I wouldn't say it's a big project. Maybe there are more that I am forgetting.

The other Parisian projects are at the outskirts and like I said to djm160190 they do not affect the historical city as they lie outside of it. For example, the Vuitton Foundation is in the Boulogne forest at the exit from Paris (towards La Defense).

Quote:
suburbs of paris had riots for 3 or 4 years.....and some stupid american journalists from cnn said that suburbs of paris are only trash cans and commieblocks.....stupid man..and what about nice cities like ....Versailles, saint germain en laye, rambouillet, enghien, vincennes, nogent sur marne/sur seine/melun....etc hundreds of beautifuls castles parks monuments around paris.....veaux le vicomte etc
Of course there are fantastic suburbs too but as they have historical heritage you can't build there because they are protected sites, so they fall out of this discussion, which is about places where you can build.
For example, you can't build big new projects in central Versailles, but you can in Aubervilliers (like the project posted a few posts before), and there the surroundings won't be classical heritage buildings but docks and other such stuff, so building interesting contemporary architecture there is a good thing not a bad thing.

Personally I think that the fact that there is so much space available for development in the suburbs is a massive advantage for Paris for the future. I don't know what the numbers are exactly but from what I know a lot of London's suburbs are beautiful, fairly low density Victorian / Edwardian residential suburbs which you can't touch at all because they're listed.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

Last edited by alexandru.mircea; July 30th, 2013 at 03:17 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 06:04 PM   #5425
vonbingen
BANNED

Quote:
Which ones, exactly? In inner Paris the only big and prestigious project I can think of is Les Halles. There's also La Samaritaine but I wouldn't say it's a big project. Maybe there are more that I am forgetting.
well here a list of inner paris constructions sites :

batignolles eco district and justice tower by renzo piano
les halles + canopy
philharmonie de paris by nouvel. inner paris.
la samaritaine refurbisment
zoo vincennes
jean bouin rugby stadium near on parc des princes
future roland garros extension
hippodrome longchamp by perrault
beaugrenelle mall 60 000 sqm
tour eiffel first floor
museums galliera picasso hotel de la monnaie human museum trocadero
former post office building refurbished by perrault
zac bedier, zac gare de rungis, zac macdonald 19th, zac charenton-bercy,
foundation pathe piano
full renovation ritz palace and crillon palace
palace peninsula
vill'up 30 000 sqm mall into cité des sciences villette
paris rive gauche district
district gare/rail station austerlitz by jean nouvel
maison de la radio in front of beaugrenelle refurbishment
zac balard french pentagone 15th
tour tower triangle

etc

alexandru.mircea liked this post
Old July 30th, 2013, 06:18 PM   #5426
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

^ thanks a lot for the list!

Looking over it all the big projects that I can recognize are at the outskirts of the city, so no need to worry about them ruining the historical integrity of the old city: Jean Bouin stadium, Vuitton Foundation, Tour Triangle, the Philaharmonie, etc. Actually most of the list, big or small, are not central either. For central projects I could add along Les Halles and La Samaritaine the Austerlitz Station redevelopment project, maybe not "big" but "medium" sized.

===

===

Old July 30th, 2013, 06:19 PM   #5427
letranger

Likes (Received): 251

You forgot LV foundation)
letranger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:13 PM   #5428
vonbingen
BANNED

Quote:
^ thanks a lot for the list!
Looking over it all the big projects that I can recognize are at the outskirts of the city, so no need to worry about them ruining the historical integrity of the old city: Jean Bouin stadium, Vuitton Foundation, Tour Triangle, the Philaharmonie, etc. Actually most of the list, big or small, are not central either. For central projects I could add along Les Halles and La Samaritaine the Austerlitz Station redevelopment project, maybe not "big" but "medium" sized.
thank you letranger for LV foundation yes

you have extensions of big malls : printemps, le bon marche, bazar de l'hôtel, de ville, galeries lafayette......

the future lutetia palace, extension of plaza athenee palace.

a lot of new offices buildings in the QCA.

always new brands flagships on champs elysees or haussmann rivoli saint germain districts

the biggest area under renovation in paris
PARIS NORD EAST....from la chapelle to la villette

refurbishment of paris "doors" in front of the peripherique ring road :porte/door des lilas, de vanves, champerret and montreuil,....
in the next years and decades......every spaces in inner paris in front of the ring road will be renoved rebuilt

important investments in the "new cities"/"villes nouvelles":
marne la vallee, melun senart, cergy pontoise, creteil, saint quentin en yvelines, evry........

enormous invesments around roissy cdg and orly airports around rungis around disney district......

alexandru.mircea liked this post

Last edited by vonbingen; July 30th, 2013 at 07:19 PM.
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:47 PM   #5429
vonbingen
BANNED

and now alexandru i have to take a break because i become insane with all this posting...when i sleep i make nightmares about imageshack or flickr.....
and i don't want to post everytime.
do i have to post every news novelties in paris ?
here a new bakery here a new restaurant here a new shop window..and don't forget :"the subway fast-food in front of la madeleine chuch recieved new toilets rolls!"
Old July 30th, 2013, 07:53 PM   #5430
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Quote:
the biggest area under renovation in paris
PARIS NORD EAST....from la chapelle to la villette

refurbishment of paris "doors" in front of the peripherique ring road :porte/door des lilas, de vanves, champerret and montreuil,....
in the next years and decades......every spaces in inner paris in front of the ring road will be renoved rebuilt

important investments in the "new cities"/"villes nouvelles":
marne la vallee, melun senart, cergy pontoise, creteil, saint quentin en yvelines, evry........

enormous invesments around roissy cdg and orly airports around rungis around disney district......
Indeed, I agree this is where it's all happening and where the future lies, the Paris outskirts and the suburbs.

Quote:
and now alexandru i have to take a break because i become insane with all this posting...when a sleep i make nightmares about imageshack or flickr.....
and i don't want to post everytime.
do i have to post every news novelties in paris ?
here a new bakery here a new restaurant here a new shop window....
I have no clue what you're onto here!

===

===

Old July 31st, 2013, 09:40 AM   #5431
Jerrodwhite
BANNED

Likes (Received): 23

Those are some of the most amazing pictures of Paris..really man thanks for sharing them..
Jerrodwhite no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 08:22 PM   #5432
vonbingen
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ledindondelafarce View Post
on s'en fout, non ?
moi pas il y a tellement de gens qui partent pour berlin et reviennent émerveillés....sans doute des gens qui ne connaissent pas notre capitale.
les petits dej sont toujours meilleurs ailleurs.avant d'aller ailleurs les gens feraient mieux de voir s'ils peuvent trouver la meme chose chez eux, c'est aussi pour rectifier, la presse les medias qui s'en sont pris à paris :" ouais paris est une ville qui dort, il ne s'y passe rien, à peine 200 concerts chaque samedi ....donc qu'on arrete de dire des conneries, paris ne dort pas, ceux qui l'affirment ne connaissent pas cette ville.

CODEBARRE75011 liked this post
Old July 31st, 2013, 10:17 PM   #5433
LaMingue

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
j'aimerais savoir quincampoix ce que les parisiens si tu es parisien foutent à Berlin, ce sont parait-il les touristes étrangers les plus nombreux à visiter Berlin.
lorsque j'entends des parisiens dire que berlin on s'y amuse mieux, bouge plus que paris, alors je compare:

musees : avantage paris
theatres : avantage paris
restaurants : avantage paris
cafés-theatres, music-halls, revues : avantage paris
salles de cinéma : avantage paris.
monuments bistrots etc : avantage paris
pour les minorités sexuelles et raciales : avantage paris
il reste alors les discothèques et les bars : je ne sais pas, mais en nombre je suis certain qu'il y en a autant à paris, mais certains disent les bars sont mieux à berlin.
si les bars et les discos sont mieux à berlin, c'est quand meme paris qui l'emporte largement avec tout ce que j'ai cité avant.

Autant je suis souvent d'accord avec toi, autant pour avoir vécu un moment à Berlin, je ne peux pas être vraiment d'accord avec toi.

Si tu prends item par item, ça n'a pas vraiment de sens. Une ville n'est pas qu'une collection d'immeubles ou d'activités, c'est plutôt un éco-système. Surtout qu'on compare une région de 11 millions d'habitant à un Land de 3 millions. A partir de là, une comparaison point par point n'a pas de pertinence. Surtout qu'il existe des vraies différences de culture. Le "bistrot" c'est quand même bien français, pareil pour l'art de la bouffe.

C'est avant tout en termes de qualité de vie que Berlin a des avantages à faire valoir. Une ville über-verte, à des années lumières de la densité parisienne (pour le meilleur et pour le pire…), une scène musicale, culturelle et artistique bouillonante et en perpétuel renouvellement, une population métissée (à l'échelle de l'Allemagne, bien sûr…), cette sensation que tout est encore à construire. Et avant tout peut-être, beaucoup moins de normes, d'interdits, de clôtures, des espaces publics vraiment public, beaucoup plus de place aux initiatives collectives et individuels (certes, tout ça en partie parce que la ville est ruinée). Ce qui fait que le trottoir devant chez toi, tu peux l'aménager, y planter des trucs… Ou qu'ouvrir un bar ne nécessite pas 10 000 autorisations et récriminations NIMBYesques.

Berlin en terme de monuments, de musées tient largement la comparaison. L'histoire a fait qu'il n'y a pas la même homogénéité architecturale que Paris, mais la richesse historique de la ville est omniprésente. Mais différente. Paris est une capitale d'Empire, Berlin une ville neuve.

Et dernière remarque avant la fin du HS: "minorités sexuelles, avantage Paris". Là, non.

L'acceptation sociale est quand même beaucoup plus forte, sans parler de l'interpénétration des scènes LGBT et mainstream ou straight (si je puis me permettre ce raccourci). Les bars et clubs sont tous plus ou moins friendly. L'effet Marais n'existe que très peu, vu que tu vis comme tu veux, avec qui tu veux et sans le jugement permanent et diffus que tu peux avoir à Paris (et en France).

Après j'adore Paris et je pense qu'elle a un potentiel monstre et sous-exploité. De même la vie à Berlin ce n'est pas non plus le paradis, et la ville se trimbale pas mal de clichés. Le tout, c'est de savoir en partir.

Fin du HS pour ma part.
LaMingue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:12 PM   #5434
letranger

Likes (Received): 251

Well... Something like that
letranger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:36 PM   #5435
Axelferis

Likes (Received): 2210

Brussels is just the administrative capital of Europe.
No reason to be in the top 10

This rank is a joke

Where are Beijing & shangai?? Brussels more powerful that those two ones?

kony liked this post
Axelferis no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2013, 11:43 PM   #5436
LaMingue

Likes (Received): 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
English please!

it's funny to see people to not understand that Only Paris & L are in the top 10 of world cities for europe.
The rest is asian and american cities.

Berlin is a cool village.Not a world city like Tokyo for example.
(Sorry for having written in French. My mistake).

By the way it's funny how you seem so sensitive about Paris. Describing a city like Berlin as "a cool village" - ranked #20 in A.T. Kearney's index, above Shangai - will for sure enhance the way foreigners imagine the French.

Cheers,
LaMingue no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 12:13 AM   #5437
Belgrader

Likes (Received): 401

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axelferis View Post
Brussels is just the administrative capital of Europe.
No reason to be in the top 10

This rank is a joke

Where are Beijing & shangai?? Brussels more powerful that those two ones?

Information exchange and Political engagement, probably because of that.
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:21 AM   #5438
KiffKiff

Likes (Received): 8415

Paris is also third in "Business Activity", behind Tokyo and New York.

“French romances occupy a central position in the development of medieval European
literature. Their most popular subject matter by far was the Arthurian legend, which, though it
had its origins elsewhere, was first cast in romance form in France: the Round Table, the
tragic love story of Lancelot and Guinevere, and the notion of the Grail quest were all French
innovations."
KiffKiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 1st, 2013, 06:44 AM   #5439
CF221

Likes (Received): 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by djm160190 View Post
I think Paris is a beautiful city but I'm not so keen on most of these modern projects going up. To me they seem to be different for the sake of being different and don't integrate particularly well with their surroundings.
Paris citizens definitely needs to care for their edified patrimony. That is what the city is known for, why the adjective "beautiful" graces their metropolis. They need to be mindful of not giving everything away to starchitects.
Old August 1st, 2013, 01:14 PM   #5440
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Quote:
Originally Posted by CF221 View Post
Paris citizens definitely needs to care for their edified patrimony. That is what the city is known for, why the adjective "beautiful" graces their metropolis. They need to be mindful of not giving everything away to starchitects.
They are caring, which is why they have set some of the most draconian protection regulations for heritage buildings and heritage areas.

Can we move on now...

===

===

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects