daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 21st, 2013, 08:43 PM   #6021
cochise75
Fourbe des collines

Likes (Received): 29661

La Samaritaine (department store) - Renovation - 1st arrondissement of Paris

Project :

DR

Jean-Marc Palisse

Agence Sanaa

Source : http://www.cotemaison.fr/chaine-d/cr...jet_18036.html

Yesterday, by me :

We'll always have Paris.
cochise75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 21st, 2013, 08:59 PM   #6022
cochise75
Fourbe des collines

La Samaritaine (department store) - Renovation - 1st arrondissement of Paris - [2-2]

Yesterday, by me :

We'll always have Paris.
Old December 21st, 2013, 09:51 PM   #6023
Avemano
Luigi babe !

Likes (Received): 11205

Thanks for the 5***** updates cochise

Great to see (at last) La Samaritaine moving on !
Avemano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 01:01 AM   #6024
vonbingen
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2590

image http://www.flickr.com/photos/antoniogaudencio

paris la defense

Matthieu, TowerVerre:), TimeAndTide liked this post
vonbingen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 06:01 AM   #6025
KiffKiff

Likes (Received): 8419

Athena + Majunga + Melia

image hosted on flickr

By darkwulf

“French romances occupy a central position in the development of medieval European
literature. Their most popular subject matter by far was the Arthurian legend, which, though it
had its origins elsewhere, was first cast in romance form in France: the Round Table, the
tragic love story of Lancelot and Guinevere, and the notion of the Grail quest were all French
innovations."
KiffKiff no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 10:36 AM   #6026
clouchicloucha

Likes (Received): 8191

Global Urban development | Paris XIXst arrondissement
(click the link to watch the video)

charpentier liked this post
clouchicloucha no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2013, 03:42 PM   #6027
cochise75
Fourbe des collines

Louis Vuitton Foundation - Frank Gehry - 16th arrondissement of Paris

Pictures by Jean-Baptiste Gurliat - Source : https://www.facebook.com/paris

We'll always have Paris.
Old December 23rd, 2013, 03:43 PM   #6028
cochise75
Fourbe des collines

Louis Vuitton Foundation [2-2]

We'll always have Paris.
Old December 24th, 2013, 02:14 PM   #6029
Sesto Elemento
Rêver plus haut !

Likes (Received): 7206

By Minato:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minato ku View Post
So Ouest Plaza / Levallois / Réhabilitation d'un immeuble de bureau des années 70 avec la construction d'un cinéma.

Conduisez le mouvement, n'attendez rien.

Sesto Elemento no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2013, 05:26 PM   #6030
letranger

Likes (Received): 251

Louis Vuitton Foundation is just unreal! But looks like Calatrava though
letranger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2013, 05:44 PM   #6031
skyscraperus
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2267

Amazing LVFFC
skyscraperus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 25th, 2013, 05:13 PM   #6032
Josedc

Likes (Received): 1170

I'm going to Paris for New Year's Eve. Unfortunately I won't stay too long so I want to make the best of my time there, any places near La Bastille (I believe this is how you spell it) I can see? I want to get the best grasp not only of the touristic attractions but also of the local lifestyle. Any suggestions?

I am currently living in Madrid so I may go to Paris later and get to know the city a little more, in any case, I would love to see as much as I can of the city during my stay next week.

Beautiful pics btw, Paris really is a force to be reckoned with.
Old December 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #6033
Cujas
European

Likes (Received): 1079

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josedc View Post
Any suggestions?
Yes you can go to Republique, here they are two streets when you can get party, the Oberkampf street and the "Rue Saint More".

You can try more touristic spot which will be full for new years like "les Champs Elysées".

Enjoy your trip and be careful with drug' and alcool
Old December 25th, 2013, 09:00 PM   #6034
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8164

Caffe Creole on Boulevard Beaumarchais is pretty good.

Last edited by El_Greco; December 25th, 2013 at 09:10 PM.
El_Greco está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 02:30 PM   #6035
Sesto Elemento
Rêver plus haut !

Likes (Received): 7206

You have a lot of place not very touristics, but very interressants and beautifull:

-The Père Lachaise cimetery, with a lot of very known actors, writters, singers ...
-The catacombes of Paris, but it can be difficult to go there (autorisation, ets...)
-You can enjoy the "Petite Ceinture", what is the old route which made a streetcar which surrounded the Old Paris, it is now a walk.
-In the 19ème arrondissement, there is the butte Chaumont, for a little Pick-Nick.

Conduisez le mouvement, n'attendez rien.

Sesto Elemento no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 03:11 PM   #6036
IVCF
Young, stupid and french

Likes (Received): 105

Quote:
so I want to make the best of my time there, any places near La Bastille (I believe this is how you spell it) I can see? I want to get the best grasp not only of the touristic attractions but also of the local lifestyle. Any suggestions?
There are also Place Monge and Mouffetard Street (lots of students). More in the south-east there is Butte aux Cailles, it's a little more calm and typical of the old workers neighborhood of Paris. But these places are not near Bastille.
IVCF no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 03:52 PM   #6037
milo92

Likes (Received): 1902

D2 Paris-La Défense...

KiffKiff, charpentier liked this post
milo92 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 03:59 PM   #6038
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10736

Quote:
I'm going to Paris for New Year's Eve. Unfortunately I won't stay too long so I want to make the best of my time there, any places near La Bastille (I believe this is how you spell it) I can see? I want to get the best grasp not only of the touristic attractions but also of the local lifestyle. Any suggestions?

I am currently living in Madrid so I may go to Paris later and get to know the city a little more, in any case, I would love to see as much as I can of the city during my stay next week.

Beautiful pics btw, Paris really is a force to be reckoned with.
Bastille is a good place. Right to the East of it there's Rue Lappe, an area of tight-knit narrow streets with plenty of bars and clubs, a bit of a night-life hotspot. To the West you have the historical areas of Marais and Saint-Paul, which are great. Start with the Place des Vosges, which is a wonderful and perfectly preserved unit of early 17th century urbanism and architecture. At the south-western corner of this square there is the tiny entrance to the classical-era Sully palace and it's gardens, don't miss the opportunity to enter. Then follow Rue des Francs-Bourgeois towards the heart of the city. It's an old medieval street and there are lots of old palaces and other buildings everywhere. Lots of cafes and bars, but not very touristy. Feel free to "lose" yourself in the chaotic pattern of old streets. But don't miss the Rue des Rosiers, which is the heart of the historical Jewish neighbourhood. There you can try one of the famous falafels and then I recommend you get some desert from the incredible Sacha Finkelsztajn patisserie.
There are lots of places where you can buy great gifts; depending on who do you want to buy stuff for, I can recommend the Yak & Yeti shop (Rue de Turenne 15) where you can buy lovely artisan toys and decorations for you and your girlfriend, the Maison du Savon du Marseille at 17 Rue de la Verrerie where you can buy the wonderful traditional soap (and other related products) for pretty much everyone, or the Maison Georges Larnicol at Rue de Rivoli 14 where you can buy great macarons and lots of chocolate specialties.

From the historical landmarks of the area, I recommend the following. At Rue des Francs-Bourgeois 58 is the National Archives headquarters; enter the courtyard to admire the classical-era palace, then find the entrance (at the right) towards a "secret" little historical garden. Also, give a look at the palace from the Rue des Archives, because you can see how the palace has incorporated the old Gothic defense towers of the medieval residence that was on the place before it. Further on, at Rue des Archives 26, check out the baroque church Eglise des Billettes with a lovely little Gothic cloister. At Rue Francois Miron 46 there's a Renaissance building hosting the Paris Historique association, who will let you visit the medieval Gothic cellars, which they are currently restoring. It's an amazing place to see a medieval structure not looking as brand new, but showing the effects of more than half a millenium of age. Very evocative.

The square at the Saint-Paul metro station is a great place to hang around and sink in the great feeling that the neighbourhood's buzz gives. Enter the Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis church, the one with the massive, Roman-looking baroque facade. Then in five minutes by foot on Rue Saint-Antoine towards the East you are back at Place de la Bastille, where you started. The area covered in the paragraphs above is so small and tight that it won't take you more than, say, one hour and a half to do it all.

===
If you have more time, go to the South a bit more. Just behind the Saint-Paul-Saint-Louis church is the Saint-Paul neighbourhood, which is not a lively one like Le Marais but a charming silent one with many hidden treasures. There I recommend Village Saint-Paul, a beautiful complex consisting in a series of inner courtyards connected to form a single vast one, hidden from the main streets (the entrances are very discreet, like the regular private courtyard entrances; but they do have markings). Inside there are antique shops, some cafes and you can look inside the old houses through their large windows.

Further on to the South you can cross the bridge to visit the Saint-Louis island, which is great, and almost untouched from the 17th century. No particular highlights / landmarks there, just a step back in time. Fairly lively, though, especially the main street. Explore the quais, too, they are the most beautiful in Paris. And like everywhere, wherever you see an open door towards a courtyard, go in to have a look and take a pic, nobody will mind. Every one is different each in its own charming way.

Finally, myself I would end this half-a-day exploration (from, say, 2PM to 6PM) by crossing the bridge from the Saint-Louis island to the main island (Cité) and visit the Notre-Dame, then wait in it for the evening mass to start - the experience is great, with the organ and the choir. Oh and don't be put off by the long queue for the entrance at Notre-Dame, it goes in very fast, it won't take more than 10-15 minutes at worst.

===
If you have a smartphone with a working internet connection you will easily find all these on Gmaps. If you want, I can pin all these things I mentioned on a Gmap for you.
If not, get a detailed map; I recommend the Cartoville series: http://www.gallimard.fr/Catalogue/GA...toville/Paris9. You can get them easily at newspaper stands or in lots of shops.
They're exceptionally practical, better than the regular folding map, because as it is one page per neighbourhood it takes less space and you can put it in your pocket, you manipulate it easier, and they can fit it a more detailed map because they split it up in pages for each neighbourhood. They cost around 8-9 euros, have recommendations (including pics, descriptions and opening hours) and will be useful for you everytime you'll visit Paris again.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

In Praise Of Dirty, Sexy / Boring Cities

Last edited by alexandru.mircea; December 26th, 2013 at 04:30 PM.
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2013, 04:36 PM   #6039
milo92

Hôtel Mélia La Défense

Old December 26th, 2013, 05:06 PM   #6040
milo92

Tour Majunga Paris La Défense

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects