daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:10 PM   #601
Minato ku
Moderator
 
Minato ku's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Paris, Montrouge
Posts: 16,746

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
1. It's not an antenna, it's a spire

2. If Heron's spire doesn't count, then neither does Generali's

I find it funny how Generali appears ahead of the shard because of it's spire(even though the shards top plant floor is higher than Generalis), but Heron doesn't even make an appearance in your little diagram

And I find it even funnier that the shard's roof height says 305.8, and the spire says 305.7!!!!!
I agree
One Canada square should not be in this diagram
__________________
すみません !
J’aime Paris et je veux des tours !
Minato ku no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:14 PM   #602
EyOne
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 7
Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimLim View Post
Wont be long till London produces another megatall im sure.
We Wish it for you and for London.
EyOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:26 PM   #603
bnmaddict
Registered User
 
bnmaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: PARIS 11
Posts: 1,619
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimLim View Post
Wont be long till London produces another megatall im sure.
ANOTHER megatall!!!

Try to build another supertall first...

Now, can we go back to the subject which is PARIS.
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:37 PM   #604
SimLim
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Likes (Received):

It was more a reply to Newcastle Guy who was bemoaning the heights of specific buildings. Things change quickly. Next week Bradford could have Europes tallest highrise planned. Heights good but its not the most important thing.

As for you Bnmaddict, you come across very arrogant and rude.
  Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:38 PM   #605
Newcastle Guy
Registered User
 
Newcastle Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,096
Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
Anyway the Tour Phare's top plant floor will be (much) higher than sexy LBT.
How high are tour signal's top plant floors going to be, if you don't mind me asking
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:45 PM   #606
brisavoine
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: desconocida
Posts: 18,053
Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
I find it funny how Generali appears ahead of the shard because of it's spire(even though the shards top plant floor is higher than Generalis), but Heron doesn't even make an appearance in your little diagram
The shortest tower in the diagram above is the new AXA Tower, which is 245m tall including its spire, that's why Heron doesn't make it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
And I find it even funnier that the shard's roof height says 305.8, and the spire says 305.7!!!!!
That you'll have to ask the admins on Skyscraperpage.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:46 PM   #607
bnmaddict
Registered User
 
bnmaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: PARIS 11
Posts: 1,619
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimLim View Post
As for you Bnmaddict, you come across very arrogant and rude.


I read and re-read my post and didn't find anything arrogant and rude in it... Perhaps it's this smiley: ?

Anyway, The subject of the thread is still Paris.
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:47 PM   #608
brisavoine
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: desconocida
Posts: 18,053
Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
How high are tour signal's top plant floors going to be, if you don't mind me asking
Approximately 300 meters I reckon.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:51 PM   #609
Newcastle Guy
Registered User
 
Newcastle Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,096
Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimLim View Post
It was more a reply to Newcastle Guy who was bemoaning the heights of specific buildings. Things change quickly. Next week Bradford could have Europes tallest highrise planned. Heights good but its not the most important thing.

As for you Bnmaddict, you come across very arrogant and rude.
i know, I was just stating what I thought. This thread seemsto have become very heght orientated since Generali got those extra meters. Otherwise what be the point of the comparison diagrams?
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 04:54 PM   #610
Newcastle Guy
Registered User
 
Newcastle Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,096
Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Approximately 300 meters I reckon.
About the same as the shards so not 'much' higher at all
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:07 PM   #611
brisavoine
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: desconocida
Posts: 18,053
Likes (Received): 2346

Here's a little diagram showing Generali, new AXA Tower, and Heron to compare heights.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:21 PM   #612
brisavoine
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: desconocida
Posts: 18,053
Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
About the same as the shards so not 'much' higher at all
Uh, the top occupied floor of the London Bridge Tower will the viewing gallery on the 66th floor at 244m above ground according to your good friend wjfox2002, whereas tour signal (aka tour Phare) 's top occupied floor (perhaps a viewing gallery too?) should be approx. 300m above ground. The Eiffel Tower's top floor (the highest part of the tower reachable by tourists) is at 276m above ground, for the records.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:40 PM   #613
bnmaddict
Registered User
 
bnmaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: PARIS 11
Posts: 1,619
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Uh, the top occupied floor of the London Bridge Tower will the viewing gallery on the 66th floor at 244m above ground according to your good friend wjfox2002, whereas tour signal (aka tour Phare) 's top occupied floor (perhaps a viewing gallery too?) should be approx. 300m above ground. The Eiffel Tower's top floor (the highest part of the tower reachable by tourists) is at 276m above ground, for the records.


For some reasons, LBT's website says that the observation floor at 246m will be the highest viewing gallery in Europe...

Apparently, it won't be...

Last edited by bnmaddict; December 13th, 2006 at 05:52 PM.
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 05:53 PM   #614
brisavoine
BANNED
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: desconocida
Posts: 18,053
Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmaddict View Post
For some reasons, LBT's website says that, the observation floor at 246m will be the highest viewing gallery in Europe...

Apparently, it won't be...
Well, we don't know yet. Most probably it won't be, but we're not 100% sure yet. Also, the LBT website was created before the tour signal (aka tour Phare) was known, and probably it hasn't been updated since tour Phare's announcement 2 weeks ago.

Also remember that local chauvinism is often blinding people. When I was living in London I remember the media said that Westminster Hall was the largest medieval hall in Europe, whereas in Paris people say that the great hall of the Palais de la Cité (now the Salle des pas perdus inside the Palais de Justice) was the largest medieval hall in Europe. Obviously one of the two cities is wrong, but I don't know which one.

Westiminster Hall


Salle des pas perdus (the medieval hall burnt in the 17th century and was rebuilt in classical style)

Last edited by brisavoine; December 13th, 2006 at 06:02 PM.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #615
KB
Moderator
 
KB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 11,826
Likes (Received): 6801

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Here's a little diagram showing Generali, new AXA Tower, and Heron to compare heights.
I love the AXA tower...nice design
KB no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:38 PM   #616
Newcastle Guy
Registered User
 
Newcastle Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,096
Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Uh, the top occupied floor of the London Bridge Tower will the viewing gallery on the 66th floor at 244m above ground according to your good friend wjfox2002, whereas tour signal (aka tour Phare) 's top occupied floor (perhaps a viewing gallery too?) should be approx. 300m above ground. The Eiffel Tower's top floor (the highest part of the tower reachable by tourists) is at 276m above ground, for the records.

Oh, so sorry I should have made it clearer, I meant Plant floors.

Originally Posted by Cyril
"Anyway the Tour Phare's top plant floor will be (much) higher than sexy LBT"
So, the statement I was replying to was wrong, obviously, as LBT's plant floors take it to 306m apparently

Plant floors are floors none the less
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #617
Newcastle Guy
Registered User
 
Newcastle Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,096
Likes (Received): 317

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbboy View Post
I love the AXA tower...nice design
I agree, I like the way it kind of 'spreads out' in slightly different directions. The cladding should be good too.

Definately one of the better renovations of an old tower, it looks brand new (well it will be I suppose lol)
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:16 PM   #618
bnmaddict
Registered User
 
bnmaddict's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: PARIS 11
Posts: 1,619
Likes (Received): 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
Oh, so sorry I should have made it clearer, I meant Plant floors.

Originally Posted by Cyril
"Anyway the Tour Phare's top plant floor will be (much) higher than sexy LBT"
So, the statement I was replying to was wrong, obviously, as LBT's plant floors take it to 306m apparently

Plant floors are floors none the less
If you look carefully at any rendering of LBT, you'll realize that the top radiator floors are at least 20 meters below the top of "the shards of glass" (around 280 meters)... certainly not a roof top at 306m as Skyscraperpage states it.
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:21 PM   #619
Newcastle Guy
Registered User
 
Newcastle Guy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Vancouver
Posts: 9,096
Likes (Received): 317

I always thought that actually, but that's what it says everywhere. SSP, SSN, The official site etc... The whole thing was supposed to be 306m tall until Bishopsgate tower got proposed at 307m, then it was heightened to 310m (I think that is what happened anyway...)
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 13th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #620
jef
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Brussels/London
Posts: 3,348
Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newcastle Guy View Post
And I find it even funnier that the shard's roof height says 305.8, and the spire says 305.7!!!!!
Height of Generali Tower is also wrong: it is shown at 318m whereas its structural height is 251m. If you include the spire it is 300m according to Emporis.
jef no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 03:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu