daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old December 16th, 2006, 08:08 PM   #641
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrispic View Post
the 1930 residential building is already demolished
I should have said "was about to" then. Judging from the color of the leaves, the two pics were taken towards the end of the summer.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 16th, 2006, 09:31 PM   #642
BMXican

Likes (Received): 5

I hope the viguier tower is going to be 240m and not 180m - although 180m isn't bad at all.
BMXican no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 17th, 2006, 02:47 PM   #643
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef View Post
Height of Generali Tower is also wrong: it is shown at 318m whereas its structural height is 251m. If you include the spire it is 300m according to Emporis.
Jef, Emporis particularly sucks when it goes about Paris data.

Gan is claimed at 187 meters when it's actually 179 meters, EDF is claimed at 148 meters when it's actually 165 meters, Ariane is claimed at 140 meters when it's actually 152 meters... As for the Tour Signal (Tour Phare), they even put it in Courbevoie when it's actually located in Puteaux !

Generali tower is 318 meters from ground floor to the top of the spire. Blueprints remove all doubts about this. As for the actual height of Tour Phare, it's not because Emporis has written 300 meters that it means it is the final height. The exact height of the tower hasn't been published yet. We simply don't know.

Finally, my last word about Emporis would be that dividing La Défense business district on 3 "cities" is totally silly. Whoever has been there would understand my point.
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2006, 09:56 PM   #644
brisavoine
BANNED

Latest pic of the 184m (604ft) Granite Tower. The cladding (white vertical stripes and shiny glass windows) looks like it's gonna be one of the best claddings in La Défense.

The cladding in detail:
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:24 AM   #645
brisavoine
BANNED

The redevelopment of La Défense was one of the stories on TF1's evening news tonight, the most watched TV news in France. You can find a video here: http://tf1.lci.fr/infos/media/jt/0,,...-defense-.html.

According to TF1, up to 6 skyscrapers could be built in La Défense before 2015, not counting the towers that will be demolished and reconstructed. So far we already know of 3 skyscrapers: the tour signal (aka tour Phare), the Generali Tower, and the still unofficial Viguier tower. I don't know if they count the refurbished AXA Tower in their tally. In any case we can expect 2 to 3 more skyscrapers, plus the reconstructed towers.

TF1 also said that the main reason for building these skyscrapers was (I quote) "to vie with the towers of the main competitor, the City of London". That's the first time we hear about that. So far La Défense Authority (EPAD) have never expressly mentioned London in their communication.
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:44 AM   #646
Metropolitan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
TF1 also said that the main reason for building these skyscrapers was (I quote) "to vie with the towers of the main competitor, the City of London". That's the first time we hear about that. So far La Défense Authority (EPAD) have never expressly mentioned London in their communication.
This has strong chances to only be the interpretation of the journalist though.

I've already been interviewed by a journalist (on regional TV), I've seen how they work. They have an idea about what they want to make you say, and they will make up their little reporting according to what they want to make you say. Bernard Bled, in his interview has never mentionned this... it's only the journalist who said so.
Old December 21st, 2006, 05:08 AM   #647
steph35
piéton

Likes (Received): 1530

true
and it seems that granite and t1 are included in the 6 new towers, so with generali, signal/aka phare, and the project of viguier, there's only one other new tower that we don't know the design and the location, that will be constructed before 2013/2015... that's what i understood in this TF1 news
Old December 21st, 2006, 12:26 PM   #648
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by steph35 View Post
and it seems that granite and t1 are included in the 6 new towers
No, they have been decided long ago, before the redevelopment of La Défense was launched.
Old December 21st, 2006, 02:38 PM   #649
EyOne

Likes (Received): 0

T1 and Granite aren't included in the renewall project of 2006-2013. I think Generali and new AXA are part of the 15 reconstructed towers. The 6 new towers must be Phare, Viguier and.....we don't know yet
EyOne no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2006, 03:21 PM   #650
jef

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metropolitan View Post
This has strong chances to only be the interpretation of the journalist though.
I agree. The main competitor to the City of London is Canary Wharf - the new business district in East London.
jef no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2006, 12:04 AM   #651
Metropolitan
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by jef View Post
I agree. The main competitor to the City of London is Canary Wharf - the new business district in East London.
And the main competitor of La Défense is the Opéra district between Paris 9th and 8th arrondissements.

This is very strong symbolicaly speaking in the context of the Paris region. Suburban Paris, the unofficial Paris, taking over the official Paris, the worldwide known Paris.
Old January 13th, 2007, 02:25 PM   #652
brisavoine
BANNED

After a long holiday season lull, we finally hear fresh news about some of the high-rise projects going on in Greater Paris.

In Issy-les-Moulineaux, to the southwest of central Paris, there were projects for two 180 m (590 ft) towers. The local council was also trying to convince France Telecom to build the 246 m (807 ft) Hypergreen Tower proposed by French architect Jacques Ferrier, a tower also proposed in the 13th arrondissement of the City of Paris proper. Decisions concerning these projects were due before the end of December, but nothing has come so far.

Fresh news have now emerged on the website of French architect Emmanuelle Gautrand. This woman is always the one leaking confidential information before everyone else. She was the first to announce on her website that there was a then secret architect contest for the tour signal (aka tour Phare) in La Défense, so her information is to be taken seriously. According to what she writes, there's an upcoming "consultation" concerning a 150,000 m² (1.6 million sq. ft) office and residential high-rise development project near the Issy Bridge in Issy-les-Moulineaux. The developer is SEFRI-CIME. Renders are due by April 2007. The architects competing for that project are Gautrand, Hasegawa, Richard Rogers, Valode & Pistre, and Wilmotte. More to come in the next weeks...

Then in the Saint-Denis plain, to the north of central Paris, there have long been suggestions of high-rise projects around the Stade de France sports arena. The office real estate magazine BusinessImmo revealed last Wednesday that 1 million m² (11 million sq. ft) of office space should be built in that area before 2015. That's almost twice more office space than what should be built in La Défense... Let's remember that Greater Paris is at the moment the largest and most active office market in Europe, with a stock of 49 million m² (527 million sq. ft) office space, and 5 more million m² (54 million sq. ft) due to be built before 2015.

BusinessImmo published a map of all projects currently planned in the Saint-Denis plain. 4 of them are rather large and may turn out to be high-rise towers (numbers are those appearing on the map):
#10: project near the Porte de Paris: 56,700 m² (610,000 sq. ft) of office space + 3,700 m² (40,000 sq. ft) of commercial space
#19: project on rue Ambroise Croizat: 45,000 m² (485,000 sq. ft) of office and commercial space. Developer is Archon.
#27: hotel and convention center near the A1/A86 motorways (freeways) interchange: 87,000 m² (935,000 sq. ft). Developer is Vinci Immobilier, investor is Estrel.
#30: project at the corner of rue Proudhon and rue des Gardinoux: 42,300 m² (455,000 sq. ft) of office space. Developer is Icade EMGP.

Full article: http://www.businessimmo.info/pages/w...ode=070110N155.

Last edited by brisavoine; January 13th, 2007 at 03:01 PM.
Old January 13th, 2007, 02:30 PM   #653
Ese del 69
BANNED

Quote:
1 million m² (11 million sq. ft) of office space should be built in that area before 2015
Amazing! Are skyscrapers planned is this?
Ese del 69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2007, 02:52 PM   #654
brisavoine
BANNED

This is the site of the Issy Bridge in Issy-les-Moulineaux, with a former high-rise project by Emmanuelle Gautrand that apparently was not selected.

This is the area around the Stade de France in Saint-Denis:

Old January 13th, 2007, 02:54 PM   #655
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese del 69 View Post
Amazing! Are skyscrapers planned is this?
Nobody knows for sure, but the press has reported several times that Saint-Denis local council is considering authorizing skyscrapers in their huge development zone around the Stade de France. I have also mentioned four projects above that appear to be quite large and may turn out to be high-rise towers. We'll find out in the coming months I guess.
Old January 13th, 2007, 08:54 PM   #656
Phobos

Thanks for the news brisavoine.And what about the Vasconi's project?Any news about that?
Old January 14th, 2007, 12:01 AM   #657
Ese del 69
BANNED

Glad to know that the Emmanuelle Gautrand project has been put aside, tpo 70's, and too low.
I'm eager to see what will be built!!

Last edited by Ese del 69; January 14th, 2007 at 01:46 AM.
Old January 14th, 2007, 01:18 AM   #658
brisavoine
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ese del 69 View Post
and to low.
It only looks "low" because of the angle that the aerial view was taken from. In fact Gautrand's tower was 180 m high if I remember correctly, i.e. 4 to 5 times taller than the mid-rise buildings you can see on the picture. It would have been only 30 meters shorter than the Montparnasse Tower, so you could have seen it from far. It would also have been 3 times taller than the TF1 Tower, for those who know the area around Issy Bridge, so it would have looked impressive I think. In any case I agree that the design was a bit too 1970s. I am not that fond of Gautrand's style.
Old January 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM   #659
brisavoine
BANNED

I've found this interesting picture on Wikipedia. Apparently it was taken quite recently. It shows the T1 Tower, now two-third completed I'd say. The rail tracks are the suburban line going from Saint-Lazare station in central Paris to La Défense and beyond to Versailles.

Old January 15th, 2007, 01:03 PM   #660
Ese del 69
BANNED

Is the little white tower near the highway upriver the pont d'Issy, the EDF tower being wiped out to be replaced by the Mozart tower?

If yes, this part of Paris will be awesome!

Last edited by Ese del 69; January 15th, 2007 at 01:10 PM.

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects