daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 8th, 2016, 11:31 PM   #10241
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5548

Quote:
Originally Posted by letranger View Post
Really hope this sh*t will be demolished
hello what is shocking on this picture for you ? the five bulbs ? but this is the characteristic of an orthodox church !!
tuktoyaktuk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 8th, 2016, 11:33 PM   #10242
Architecture lover

Likes (Received): 1286

Quote:
Originally Posted by letranger View Post
Really hope this sh*t will be demolished
I'm afraid it's too late for demolition.
They should have thought before giving the construction permits. It looks so tacky.
I love Paris, I think the city deserved better than this, and not to forgot the years of waiting for two average buildings to tower over the rest of La Défense, and they haven't even started the construction. How were they called? Hermitage Plaza.
I'm sure they'll rename some centerpieces, too, for example their evolution tower, in the Louvre Plaza. I don't think so.
Architecture lover no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 8th, 2016, 11:56 PM   #10243
Architecture lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuktoyaktuk View Post
hello what is shocking on this picture for you ? the five bulbs ? but this is the characteristic of an orthodox church !!
No. Orthodox churches do not always look like that. I can think of so many better examples.
Old October 9th, 2016, 12:17 AM   #10244
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Architecture lover View Post
No. Orthodox churches do not always look like that. I can think of so many better examples.
but conventional architecture and not modern like this
you prefer a church like san basile on the red square in Moscow ?
don't forget its a church and not a shopping center !
Old October 9th, 2016, 12:23 AM   #10245
Architecture lover

Sugar, I prefer none of those, especially not with the Eiffel tower somewhere close, like in this case. If you want to see a nice, genuine Orthodox church you should search google for some of the terracotta beauties on the south European coast. That's all.
Old October 9th, 2016, 12:23 AM   #10246
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

SEINE MUSICALE
musical city of Boulogne Billancourt
grand paris south west

http://rivesdeseine.forumactif.com/t...e-l-ile-seguin

interesting the wood structure is hidden by the glass cladding and this "egg" looks better than i expected !
Old October 9th, 2016, 02:09 AM   #10247
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

NOGENT BALTARD business city
22.000 sqm
offices, retail, appartments, public equipments, .......
city of NOGENT SUR MARNE
Grand Paris East

http://94.citoyens.com/wp-content/up...ul-Viguier.jpg

Réussir pour Nogent ‏@RpNogent 20 sept.
pictures of the construction site

ARCHITECT JEAN PAUL VIGUIER

AbidM, Munwon, Aztecaa13, EasySeven liked this post

Last edited by tuktoyaktuk; October 9th, 2016 at 02:15 AM.
Old October 9th, 2016, 10:42 AM   #10248
Pew
No, no and no

Likes (Received): 235

Comparing a brand new cultural center and its small church with authentic Orthodox cathedrals is a bit bold. We can't ask Athens to build Notre Dame next to the Acropole... I don't find the church tacky (I'm much more disappointed of the new buildings in its immediate surrounding). It is a nice addition to Paris landmarks and it's not like it's been built on the 'Champs de Mars'...

http://www.wilmotte.com/en/project/4...ultural-Center
Old October 9th, 2016, 01:16 PM   #10249
Architecture lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pew View Post
Comparing a brand new cultural center and its small church with authentic Orthodox cathedrals is a bit bold. We can't ask Athens to build Notre Dame next to the Acropole... I don't find the church tacky (I'm much more disappointed of the new buildings in its immediate surrounding). It is a nice addition to Paris landmarks and it's not like it's been built on the 'Champs de Mars'...
That's my point precisely, that's why I said it should've been built in the far, far, far suburbs, just like you can't see a brand new mini Notre Dame anywhere close to the red square in Moscow.
But oh well, I guess the French know what they're doing with the central parts of their capital city, I thought the central parts were already land-marked.
And once again this is not the absolute epitome of how an Orthodox church looks. In the south of Europe they are built with stones and terracotta and I think they look much better and far from tacky.
Old October 9th, 2016, 01:25 PM   #10250
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

Quote:
That's my point precisely, that's why I said it should've been built in the far, far, far suburbs, just like you can't see a brand new mini Notre Dame anywhere close to the red square in Moscow.
But oh well, I guess the French know what they're doing with the central parts of their capital city, I thought the central parts were already land-marked.
And once again this is not the absolute epitome of how an Orthodox church looks. In the south of Europe they are built with stones and terracotta and I think they look much better and far from tacky.
hello after looking at the picture posted by Pew, i don't know where is the problem, this buildings are looking nice and decent and the walls are covered by real marble.......
Old October 9th, 2016, 01:43 PM   #10251
Pew
No, no and no

Quote:
I hope we'll see plenty of other recognizable buildings in the future, even in the central parts. If we can't get anything as big and iconic as the Eiffel tower, the Arc de Triomphe or the Pompidou center, I would personnaly encourage any initiative such as this one. But as you said indeed, in such an area, materials must be high quality. In that case, it seems the domes are promising in real life.

Quote:
I know them and they are nice. Choice been made not to use stones and terracotta for this one church but silver colored bulbs... And to my eyes, it does not look tacky. If it had been made of stones and terracotta it would have been nice or certainly nicer intrinsically, but would just seem to be out of its natural place and wouldn't fit well there in my opinion. In that case the silver color fits with parisian grey roofs
Pew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 02:03 PM   #10252
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

COEUR DE QUARTIER PHASE 2
city of NANTERRE/Paris LA DEFENSE

http://www.nanterre.fr/656-coeur-de-quartier.htm
http://nanterre-coeur-universite.com/le-quartier

74.000 SQM:
13.900 sqm shops with movie center/10 cinemas rooms
26.000 sqm offices
34.000 sqm housings

NEW RENDERINGS
http://moisarchitectureidf.org/sites...ars_2016_2.jpg
http://www.ingerop.fr/sites/default/...logement_3.jpg
http://nanterre-coeur-universite.com...alerie5Big.jpg
http://nanterre-coeur-universite.com...lerie16Big.jpg

http://www.greenaffair.com/pics/data...7-1400x600.jpg

OLD PICTURE OF LA DEFENSE
http://img.aws.la-croix.com/2016/09/...1_1400_918.jpg

new public transports station of NANTERRE UNIVERSITY
http://www.leongrosse.fr/wp-content/...anterre-22.jpg

Last edited by tuktoyaktuk; October 9th, 2016 at 03:27 PM.
Old October 9th, 2016, 02:18 PM   #10253
Architecture lover

Quote:
I hope we'll see plenty of other recognizable buildings in the future, even in the central parts. If we can't get anything as big and iconic as the Eiffel tower, the Arc de Triomphe or the Pompidou center, I would personnaly encourage any initiative such as this one.
No one said that you can't get something as big and iconic as the Eiffel tower, the Arc de Triomphe or the Pompidou center. I never underestimate the power of modern, contemporary, futuristic, architecture.

Quote:
If it had been made of stones and terracotta it would have been nice or certainly nicer intrinsically, but would just seem to be out of its natural place and wouldn't fit well there in my opinion. In that case the silver color fits with parisian grey roofs
The truth is, these domes already look out of place to me, that's why I reacted.
The architecture of the south Europeans might appear simple, humble, but I think that's a good aspect, at least they look unobtrusive. The roof doesn't have to be made from terracotta tiles, different types of metal could be used instead.
But I still think that central parts should be reserved for French architecture.

Quote:
hello after looking at the picture posted by Pew, i don't know where is the problem, this buildings are looking nice and decent and the walls are covered by real marble.......
Maybe it would've looked nice somewhere in the suburbs. Authentic French architecture should be typical for the central parts no matter if modern or historical.

Last edited by Architecture lover; October 9th, 2016 at 02:32 PM.
Old October 9th, 2016, 02:52 PM   #10254
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10736

I disagree about the Russian church being a bad addition to the Parisian urban texture or its skyline. I've hanged around recently and it doesn't feel like it detracts from the place. But I can understand this innitial reaction due to it being so very different. Also, some of the renders and photos make it look like it is quite bigger and taller than it actually is. What I can only say is that in Bucharest we too have a Russian church in the heart of the city and while the difference between our architecture and Russian architecture remains striking, we certainly cherrish the Russian church, we wouldn't want to be without it. So I think Parisians will get used to it very quickly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sorina963/5526555396/

Looking it up now it appears that they've changed the roof cover from old copper to some bright golden metal, so now it looks more like in Paris:

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate Nativity on January 6 & 7!
by fusion-of-horizons, on Flickr

If the new metal is brass, then it should lose its brightness in time if I remember well.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

In Praise Of Dirty, Sexy / Boring Cities

ko7 liked this post

Last edited by alexandru.mircea; October 9th, 2016 at 03:02 PM.
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 03:35 PM   #10255
Pew
No, no and no

Quote:
Authentic French architecture should be typical for the central parts no matter if modern or historical.
I would love to see Modern Typical Authentic French Architecture. Whatever this means, I hope an architecte will really surprise me someday
(maybe the new 'Le Monde' headquarters will be a good example, as a revisited Arc?....)

But I wouldn't mind to see aswell initiatives in architecture refering directly to other cultures than french. Paris is cosmopolitan (as most capital cities) and in my opinion should open up its architecture to other traditions and propose an interpretation that reflects the culture of the communities living in the city without altering the coherence of a neighborood. I think they succeeded with this one example

alexandru.mircea, streetscapeer liked this post
Pew no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 03:44 PM   #10256
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexandru.mircea View Post
I disagree about the Russian church being a bad addition to the Parisian urban texture or its skyline. I've hanged around recently and it doesn't feel like it detracts from the place. But I can understand this innitial reaction due to it being so very different. Also, some of the renders and photos make it look like it is quite bigger and taller than it actually is. What I can only say is that in Bucharest we too have a Russian church in the heart of the city and while the difference between our architecture and Russian architecture remains striking, we certainly cherrish the Russian church, we wouldn't want to be without it. So I think Parisians will get used to it very quickly.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sorina963/5526555396/

Looking it up now it appears that they've changed the roof cover from old copper to some bright golden metal, so now it looks more like in Paris:

Merry Christmas to all who celebrate Nativity on January 6 & 7!
by fusion-of-horizons, on Flickr

If the new metal is brass, then it should lose its brightness in time if I remember well.
nice churches but how old they are ? in Paris they didn't want to build such a church in an "old fashioned" style ; the architecture of Wilmotte for the Quai BRANLY orthodox church is not marvellous but the best of every projects choosen.
Old October 9th, 2016, 03:49 PM   #10257
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

city of BOULOGNE BILLANCOURT
second city in the Grand Paris with 117.000 inhabitants.

http://www.prixdumarcheimmobilier.co...illancourt.jpg

LE TRAPEZE new district (residential+offices) with HORIZONS tower by Nouvel

i like the Trapeze district so much as Paris Rive Gauche.

http://rivesdeseine.forumactif.com/t...-seine-trapeze

Last edited by tuktoyaktuk; October 9th, 2016 at 04:05 PM.
Old October 9th, 2016, 03:49 PM   #10258
alexandru.mircea
Ars longa, vita brevis

Likes (Received): 10736

Quote:
nice churches but how old they are ? in Paris they didn't want to build such a church in an "old fashioned" style ; the architecture of Wilmotte for the Quai BRANLY orthodox church is not marvellous but the best of every projects choosen.

^ it's the same church, but with new roof covers in the second picture. The church is not medieval like its achitecture suggests, it's only a bit over a century old. But for sure it didn't take a century for Bucharestians to love it.

The church in Paris is not "old fashioned" indeed from the bulbs down, but the bulbs themselves are the most traditionally Russian thing possible.

===

Italian cities: pure beauty / France - One photo a day / Bucharest: timelapse + architecture

===

In Praise Of Dirty, Sexy / Boring Cities
alexandru.mircea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 9th, 2016, 04:55 PM   #10259
tuktoyaktuk
BANNED

ALTAIS MONTREUIL
Offices towers
city of Montreuil 93.
Grand Paris East.

construction site has began/33.000 sqm/refurbishment/

http://carnet-aux-petites-choses.fr/

http://www.philia.fr/

NEW PICTURES OF THE CONSTRUCTION SITE
Gaylord LE CHEQUER ‏@glechequer 7 sept.

_________
_________

city of PANTIN
ZAC DU PORT construction site
grand paris east
https://www.instagram.com/p/BLWDonpBPb7/

alexandru.mircea, Aztecaa13 liked this post

Last edited by tuktoyaktuk; October 9th, 2016 at 05:03 PM.
Old October 9th, 2016, 05:51 PM   #10260
letranger

Likes (Received): 251

Quote:
I'm from Saint-Petersbrg. I DO know what russian orthodoxs are. Hope, this sh*t will be demolished and banned forever
letranger no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects