daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 29th, 2007, 02:15 PM   #1281
rocky

Likes (Received): 5

he is an idiot

but not too bad as a mayor. exept when claims to defend the poor wich is just laughable
rocky no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 29th, 2007, 07:49 PM   #1282
Minato ku

A french forumer has found the height of the two CB 22 towers.

PB22 A = 235m 90000m²
PB22 B = 145m 45000m²

8000m² of commercial space in the first floors.
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:05 AM   #1283
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

One of the forumers on the other French forum received official documentation from La Défense Authority (EPAD) in which they say that construction of Generali Tower and the tour Phare will be fast-tracked to start next year (2008), this in order to beat the foreign competition (in the documents sent to him they mention, I quote, "ferocious international competition").

Generali Tower: 318 meters/1,043 feet

Tour Phare: approx. 300 meters/1,000 feet

Very large size render

This render by Wjfox shows the sheer size of tour Phare (on his render tour Phare is actually 13% outsized, but still that gives an idea).

Last edited by brisavoine; July 30th, 2007 at 03:11 AM.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:40 AM   #1284
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8169

Good news for Paris!
Old July 30th, 2007, 11:48 AM   #1285
Gaeus
500-Internal Server Error

Likes (Received): 87

No one answered my question like 3 pages ago so I have to bump.

Is there any news of Palais Tuileries? I heard that the cost to build that piece of art is around $350 million.
Gaeus no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 30th, 2007, 03:20 PM   #1286
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

Nothing new about that projetc.

I personaly hope it wont get built, there are enough historic buildings in Paris, no need to build some over-expensive faked ones.

Plus it would ruin the perspective on the "Axe historique" from the Louvre to the Grande-Arche!
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 31st, 2007, 10:36 PM   #1287
De Snor
Forever Travelling

Likes (Received): 37

I would like to see how T1 fits in this image:

De Snor no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2007, 09:16 AM   #1288
Gaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmaddict View Post
Nothing new about that project.

I personally hope it wont get built, there are enough historic buildings in Paris, no need to build some over-expensive faked ones.

Plus it would ruin the perspective on the "Axe historique" from the Louvre to the Grande-Arche!
Thanks for the reply and your opinion. I understand what you mentioned but in my opinion, the Palais Tuileries should be rebuild. As you mentioned, there are already too many historical buildings in Paris but what I heard is there are many arts and paintings from the Original Palace that many are currently in the storehouse of Louvre. They were not able to display those due to lack of space. With the palace rebuild, they will finally be able to display those priceless arts. Another reason is another palace are being rebuild in Berlin called Berlin City Palace. Like the Tuileries, the building was also destroyed. This was also the same with the US Capitol and the White House in Washington DC which was also destroyed before. I went to Paris before and its a beautiful city.

NOTE:
Beware! Paris is like a Very Big Mall. Be sure not to equip your wife or girlfriend with Cash or Credit Cards
Old August 5th, 2007, 06:00 PM   #1289
desiderio_100578

Likes (Received): 0

Gaeus,
It's always very interesting to have a foreign perspective and what you are saying makes perfect sense,so i respect your opinion on the subject but you also have to understand how-from a parisian point of view-unnerving this story of rebuilding the palais des tuileries is...i mean THERE ARE REAL PEOPLE living here!!!Paris is NOT a fake city made for tourists...and there are so many problems the city has to address -starting with existing as a city (i'm not sure you see what i mean do you?)-that i can guarantee you this project will not materialize...in the foreseeable future at least...spending all those millions just to please a couple of "conservateurs du patrimoine"(sic) or tourists ,the french will just not accept it...
desiderio_100578 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2007, 03:39 PM   #1290
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

Issy - Coeur de ville

New tower project:

This one should be located in the center of Issy-les-Moulineaux, south-west of Paris' city core (~5km far from the Eiffel Tower)

park: 10 000m²
office tower: 80 000m²
mall: 25 000 m²

Architectes: PCA and Jacques Ferrier

height: unknown (estimated between 150 and 200m)

Last edited by bnmaddict; August 6th, 2007 at 04:23 PM.
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 02:02 AM   #1291
Minato ku

the hypergreen tower for Issy.
Old August 12th, 2007, 03:33 AM   #1292
Gaeus

Quote:
Originally Posted by desiderio_100578 View Post
Gaeus,
It's always very interesting to have a foreign perspective and what you are saying makes perfect sense,so i respect your opinion on the subject but you also have to understand how-from a parisian point of view-unnerving this story of rebuilding the palais des tuileries is...i mean THERE ARE REAL PEOPLE living here!!!Paris is NOT a fake city made for tourists...and there are so many problems the city has to address -starting with existing as a city (i'm not sure you see what i mean do you?)-that i can guarantee you this project will not materialize...in the foreseeable future at least...spending all those millions just to please a couple of "conservateurs du patrimoine"(sic) or tourists ,the french will just not accept it...
OK man. Just cool down. I know there is a lot of problems in Paris that needs to be resolve such as unemployment (i'm hoping it's not in double digit anymore), high cost of living, traffic jam and accidents (I stayed in Arc de Triumph for 30 min and I already saw 2 accidents) slow-performing economy and many more. But no worries. This will be all private contribution and the government will not spend even one euro. I am actually interested of this and I may contribute soon (actually, my friend is persuading my wife to contribute and she is persuading me). That's why I am just asking if there are any updates regarding this project. But to tell you the truth, 80 million tourists a year in France is a big economic help.
Old August 12th, 2007, 03:44 AM   #1293
El_Greco
Épater la Bourgeoisie

Likes (Received): 8169

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmaddict View Post

Nice tower.What are its chances of getting built?
Old August 12th, 2007, 04:09 AM   #1294
Densaga

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Greco View Post
Nice tower.What are its chances of getting built?
Low .

I'm in the city of this proposal , and it would be built in the heart of it (no tower currently)

So , the citizen around will never accept such a tower .

However , the city is verry dynamic , and few miles away from the heart , the CBD of the city (which host many headquarters such as HP , Coca Cola , and soon Microsoft Europe) is planning to build 2 towers (100 / 200m) and one of 100m is U/C .
Densaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2007, 11:06 PM   #1295
Densaga

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaeus View Post
OK man. Just cool down. I know there is a lot of problems in Paris that needs to be resolve such as unemployment (i'm hoping it's not in double digit anymore), high cost of living, traffic jam and accidents (I stayed in Arc de Triumph for 30 min and I already saw 2 accidents) slow-performing economy and many more. But no worries. This will be all private contribution and the government will not spend even one euro. I am actually interested of this and I may contribute soon (actually, my friend is persuading my wife to contribute and she is persuading me). That's why I am just asking if there are any updates regarding this project. But to tell you the truth, 80 million tourists a year in France is a big economic help.

The study of the reconstruction of the Palais des tuileries is on the way .
link in french
official site in french
Densaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2007, 12:56 AM   #1296
Gaeus

Thank you
Old August 15th, 2007, 12:24 AM   #1297
juanico
Daily Commuter

Likes (Received): 8

Quote:
I know there is a lot of problems in Paris that needs to be resolve such as unemployment (i'm hoping it's not in double digit anymore), high cost of living, traffic jam and accidents (I stayed in Arc de Triumph for 30 min and I already saw 2 accidents) slow-performing economy and many more.
#1 unemployment: it's been under 10% since 2000 in France (with a relapse to 10% in between though), currently 8%, figure constantly droping since 2005.
#2 high cost of living: not much compared to other A-cities such as London or NYC.
#3 traffic jam: still not much worth worrying about compared to the 2 afore mentioned.
#4 accidents: I'm spending much time on the road day in day out, and I don't see many accidents. I trust you about your experience around the Arc de Triomphe, it might looked chaotic from a foreign point of view and I truly understand that, but I'm afraid you were there on a very bad day. I've been driving through the square 4 times a day for quite a few time now, and I never witnessed any accident. Honest.
#5 economy: 0,3% of GDP growth for this quarter I gotta agree with you on this one.

Quote:
But to tell you the truth, 80 million tourists a year in France is a big economic help.
Though not negligible, the economic help of tourism in France is not that big. France may be the 1st touristic destination in the world, it only comes 3rd as far as receipts are concerned, with only half of the annual receipts the USA get from tourism, for instance (US$42 B for France vs US$ 82 Bi for the USA).

Here to help
juanico no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 01:39 PM   #1298
-Koen-

Likes (Received): 19

Some pictures I made a few weeks ago:

-Koen- no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2007, 09:19 PM   #1299
Genç
re re re ra ra ra

Likes (Received): 34

Lovely pictures, thanks! Look at those cranes!
Old August 15th, 2007, 10:17 PM   #1300
Ral909
Ral909

Likes (Received): 869

Wow, those projects look awesome. Tour Phare actually reminds me a bit of Torre Bicentenario in Mexico City. And wow, Parisians know how to show class and elegance combined with modernity.

Tous les gratte-ciels semblent impressionnants, élégant. Nous parlons de Paris, naturellement.
Ral909 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects