daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2008, 07:21 PM   #1561
germantower
i ♥ NY

Likes (Received): 1155

La defense will have much weird shaped building in the future, but IMO this will be the best skyline in europe.....maybe on #1 with Frankfurt but i think that this will look better and denser than Frankfurt......AND it will have more higher towers

Sponsored Links
Old January 7th, 2008, 10:45 PM   #1562
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril View Post
Béchu won but Gautrand's tower looked way better..
The grass is always greener...

Let's remember that the best render does not necessarily translate as the best tower once built. I think by now T1 should have taught everyone a lesson.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2008, 11:48 PM   #1563
SkyLerm
Architranceture Feelings

Likes (Received): 28

Gotta say i dislike new Gan, i like the way it is right now ¬¬

Cuchiville
SkyLerm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 8th, 2008, 11:42 PM   #1564
Densaga

Likes (Received): 17

by Metropolitan , Jan 2008.
Densaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 9th, 2008, 02:43 PM   #1565
brisavoine
BANNED

The latest diagram for Paris on Skyscraperpage. The renovated Gan Tower is still missing though.

PS: You won't find this diagram if you type just Paris, because the admins at SSP stubbornly refuse
to include La Défense with Paris, so you'll have to type each commune individually.

Old January 12th, 2008, 11:50 AM   #1566
Minato ku

Tour Carpe Diem

Architect : ROBERT A.M. STERN ARCHITECTS for AVIVA France
32 floors
About 160m.

Old January 12th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #1567
Matthieu
Administrateur

Likes (Received): 5617

yuck
Old January 12th, 2008, 12:21 PM   #1568
SkyLerm
Architranceture Feelings

Likes (Received): 28

Hmmm Carpe Diem is okay! nothing new though. BTW La-Défense is getting "spired"

Cuchiville
SkyLerm no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 13th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #1569
brisavoine
BANNED

This past week they've started to remove the AXA lettering from the old Axa Tower;

And this baby is about to take shape.

Old January 14th, 2008, 01:18 AM   #1570
Metropolitan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 11

Nice pictures !

Are they taken from a 3D rendering ?
Metropolitan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 01:45 PM   #1571
brisavoine
BANNED

Tentative render by French forumer JP, too shy to post himself, showing La Défense now and in 2015.

From left to right you can see the following projects and u/c: PB22, Majunga, New Gan, New Axa, Generali, Air², D2, and Phare. I think Generali is too fat and not tall enough on this render (roof height of Air² is 220m and right angle of Generali is 270m high as far as we know, whereas on the render they look too close), that'd be the only problem I see with this render.

Old January 14th, 2008, 04:48 PM   #1572
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

A good 50 to 60m of the towers are hidden behind the buildings on the foreground, though. That can explain the apparent relative "shortness" of some projects on this rendering.
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 05:10 PM   #1573
Dinivan
BANNED

Likes (Received): 7

wow that rendering with all the u/c buildings looks amazing, do you think there's still room for a new citizen in the city? :P
Dinivan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 14th, 2008, 11:49 PM   #1574
rocky

Likes (Received): 5

Ok guys there was an anticipation comic released by some guy who worked at canal + and it showed la defense in 2030 or something and it really looked like this. I think its Moustic or mikael kel who did the comic. Or maybe some guy from les guignols. The person who will find that image gets a price!
rocky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 16th, 2008, 03:50 AM   #1575
brisavoine
BANNED

Here are some extracts of the New Year's "good wishes" speech by the chairman of La Défense Authority (EPAD), Patrick Devedjian, which he made on Monday in front of local politicians and business leaders.

Patrick Devedjian is not only the chairman of La Défense Authority, he's also the president of the Hauts-de-Seine département, the administrative and political division within which La Défense is located. A close political friend of the French president Nicolas Sarkozy, Patrick Devedjian didn't manage to get a portfolio in the French government, and instead succeeded Nicolas Sarkozy as president of the Hauts-de-Seine (the richest département in France) and chairman of La Défense Authority (Sarkozy held both offices before becoming French president).

My translation (comments are in brackets). Full speech for those who can read French: http://www.ladefense.fr/download.dyn.php?id=53&dir=14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick Devedjian, Chairman of La Défense Authority (EPAD)
Extracts:

[...] the destiny of big cities, capital cities in particular, is to ever expand, and so is the ever-pressing necessity to create a Greater Paris Authority. I have no doubt that under the impulse of the President of the Republic this old issue will finally become reality.

[...]

La Défense is not competing with Saint-Denis or Saint-Ouen. It is maybe not the centre of the world, but it is the largest business centre in Europe. Its competitors are London, Brussels, Frankfurt, Milan. And Singapore, Shanghai, New York City... I'm forgetting some...

Frankly speaking, my ambition is to turn it into the Manhattan of Europe! A showcase of our sucess, our dynamism, and our prestige.

[...]

What I wish for, as chairman of La Défense Authority, is to see the most beautiful towers in the world rise in La Défense. And rise they will!

One is already impressed, when arriving in La Défense, by the dimensions and the charisma of some buildings. We are going to scale things up even more.

I'm thinking of Air² which will stand in 2011 in place of the current Aurore Tower. I'm thinking of the 20 projects competing for the Signal Tower.

Towers will from now on rise above 300 meters. I am agreeably surprised by the enthusiasm of investors, the boldness of developers, and the genius of great architect firms. And this is just the beginning, more wonders await!

We must not, for that matter, hesitate to destroy the towers that have become derelict. We are already working on this to meet as quickly as possible the demands of the owners wishing to start reconstruction work.

This extraordinary economic showcase open to the world must also be a laboraty in terms of green building. The philosophy of sustainable development will become credible only if it prevails first in the business world.

On February 14 and 15 this year, we open the ball, if I may say, since we are hosting the first World Business Districts Summit for Sustainable Development.

[...]

In the short term, the "La Défense 2015" project entails 850,000 sq. meters of office space and 100,000 sq. meters of private dwellings. But this is only a first step. To be sure, since we're expecting 40,000 more jobs at La Défense by 2013, we must look beyond simply construction work.

90% of La Défense commuters use public transportation. Thus, one of my top priorities will be to improve public transport to La Défense. La Défense Authority must, among other things, contribute to bringing Eole [RER line E] to La Défense.

A direct link with Paris-CDG Airport is the priority of priorities.

[...]

Let's be humble, but let's not be shy. "Be not afraid of greatness" says Shakespeare in Twelfth Night.

As for me, and regarding my tenure here at La Défense Authority, I shall only quote the words of Napoleon's minister [who suggested to build the Arc de Triomphe]: what I wish is that "it catches the admiration of the traveler entering Paris, and leaves on the mind of those moving away from the capital a deep imprint of its incomparable beauty..."

[...]
Old January 19th, 2008, 11:46 AM   #1576
Minato ku

A bigger rendering of Carpe Diem tower. (166m)

Old January 19th, 2008, 01:15 PM   #1577
Minato ku

MARKET: 2007 REMAINS A RECORD YEAR

With more than 2.6 million m² sold in 2007 according to Keops, the office market in Ile-de-France records an activity level near that of 2006. “This figure represents a great sales level, despite a drop of 3%,” Keops announces positively.
“In a troubled economic and financial environment, no slowdown in terms of volume marketed was observed in fourth quarter,” observes the agency. Supply continued its backward surge, the supply of offices available in less than a year having dropped 14% in one year, to reach a little more than 3.5 million m². Immediate supply neared 2.21 million m², resulting in a 4.6% vacancy rate. The increasing rarity of supply is causing concern in the traditional business districts, like Paris Centre Ouest where supply decreased by 42% and the vacancy rate fell to 2.7%. As for rent, Keops points out an average progression of 8% and notes that prime rent in the central business district of Paris went from €730/m² to €820/m² in one year.
For the year to come, Keops waxes reassuring. “Despite economic uncertainty, the demand expressed at Keops only diminished by 4% between first and
second semester 2007. If this rate is applied to annual demand met, this would only represent 100,000 m²,” reveals Laurent Castellani. The chairman of the board of directors of Keops projects fulfilled demand at between 2.3 and 2.4 million m² in 2008. "In the face of the probable prospect of sluggish growth, 2008 could be the year of geographic contrasts,” insists Laurent Castellani. In the traditional business sectors, currently facing short supply, the changes in rent could continue at a slower pace (around 5%). For certain peripheral sectors which have too much supply, and especially are under-sought, the current trend could be inversed.”
Regarding investments, Keops announces a new record for the fourth consecutive year, with €29.7B invested in commercial property, a rise of 13.8% compared to 2006. 2007 was marked by the pursuit of very large transactions (more than €150M), comparable in number to those in 2006 but that went up in value. However, the number of total transactions between €50M and €150M is markedly increasing in number and in value. The first consequences of the credit crunch have not made themselves known. “Despite financial troubles, investments remained dynamic during
fourth quarter 2007: they represented €7B and recorded a 19% growth compared to fourth quarter 2006,” observed Laurent Castellani. It is true that the primary transactions finalized in second semester were initiated before the summer crisis.

http://www.businessimmo.info/pages/l...=080109N199_en
Old January 19th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #1578
Kara
fight for your mind

Likes (Received): 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthieu View Post
yuck
It looks better in the new, bigger render.
Old January 23rd, 2008, 07:28 PM   #1579
Buyckske Ruben

Likes (Received): 214

World's greenest office block set for Paris!

The building will have solar panels covering the roof – enough to supply its 5,000 occupants with electricity

The architect behind New York's Freedom Tower - built on the former site of the World Trade Centre - has announced that it is to construct what promises to be the world's greenest office building.

The office block, which will be branded Energy Plus, is to be built in the run-down area of Gennevilliers in the outskirts of Paris.
The building will have solar panels covering the roof – enough to supply its 5,000 occupants with electricity

The project's creator, architect Skidmore Owings & Merrill, says it is also in talks to construct similar buildings in the US, Europe and the Middle East.

America's Rocky Mountain Institute, the prestigious environmental think-tank, is advising on Energy Plus, and the project was endorsed by former US president Bill Clinton at the Clinton Global Initiative meeting last year.
Patrick Getreide, who is leading the Energy Plus project with partner Marc Eisenberg, said: "It will be the first building in the world to be 'energy plus' and carbon zero."

The proposed building, which will be more than 70,000 sq m and house up to 5,000 people, will produce enough of its own electricity to power all the heating, lighting, and air conditioning required by tenants. It will also generate carbon credits which it hopes to trade for money in the future.

Commercial property is urgently in need of greener standards, Mr Getreide said. "Many people think cars are the big polluters but it is not true.
In France 47pc of pollution comes from real estate, 33pc is from industry and 23pc comes from cars."
Mr Getreide admitted the building will be more expensive to construct than conventional office blocks, a cost that will have to be passed on to tenants.

But the builders hope to price their Energy Plus buildings on a par with the costlier end of the conventional commercial property rental market in any given area.
Mr Getreide said: "It will be 25pc to 30pc more expensive than a normal building to construct. But there will be big savings - tenants will not have to pay for any electricity, and maintenance costs will also be lower."
He added that there is an extra value to renting space in the building: "You have to calculate the value of this over 25 years - we all have to pay the price for living in a better world where there is less pollution."

The Energy Plus building will generate its own electricity by having more solar panels on it than any other building in existence, while its cooling system will take water from the nearby river Seine and pump it around the offices.
And by using a cutting-edge form of insulation, Mr Getreide said, his team would be able to get the amount of electricity consumption per square metre of office space per year down to 16 kilowatts, the lowest in the world for a building of its size.

Most modern buildings use between 80 and 250 kilowatts per square metre, while older ones often use up to 300 kilowatts.
Such projects as the Energy Plus building, which will take more than a year to construct, would struggle to get off the ground without the support of high-profile backers such as Mr Clinton and financial incentives from governments, Mr Getreide said.

Skidmore Owings & Merrill is also behind the skyscraper Burj Dubai, which, when it is completed, will be the world's tallest man-made structure.

Source: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/mai...cngreen103.xml
Buyckske Ruben no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 25th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #1580
dtzeigler

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine View Post
Tentative render by French forumer JP, too shy to post himself, showing La Défense now and in 2015.

From left to right you can see the following projects and u/c: PB22, Majunga, New Gan, New Axa, Generali, Air², D2, and Phare. I think Generali is too fat and not tall enough on this render (roof height of Air² is 220m and right angle of Generali is 270m high as far as we know, whereas on the render they look too close), that'd be the only problem I see with this render.

The 2015 skyline wiould be a funky ultra-modern skyline

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects