daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > City/Metro Compilations

City/Metro Compilations Help report active highrise/urban developments occurring in your city to the global SSC community.

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 22nd, 2006, 07:27 PM   #141
le lyonnais du 81

Likes (Received): 0

NEWFIRE

first : unemployement is important in france but it is changing (2003:10% 2006:9% 2007 : 7-8%)
second : Why you don't want skyscrpers be build in France , you are jaelous or you don't want 2015 paris'skyline be better than NYC or Chicago?
le lyonnais du 81 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 22nd, 2006, 11:51 PM   #142
Bodrum
Ale głupi ci Rzymianie

Likes (Received): 108

Well, couldn't we just end this stupid discussion and come back to the projects?

I'm not sure if I like this 'green' tower. It doesn't suit Paris.

Gdynia Witomino // Kraków Salwator // Berlin Friedrichshain // Warszawa Wawer // Praha Dejvice
Bodrum no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 12:21 AM   #143
Cyril
Particle XLR8R

Likes (Received): 4220

None of those projects will be built in central Paris. They will /would be built in the inner suburbs.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:52 AM   #144
George5
BANNED

Likes (Received): 5

Great for Paris. It is really the best city in Europe not just for visit but also for business.

Oh by the way for UK trolls. I found this data on other forum.

GDP per capita

Inner London 60242 EUR
Paris (75) 67000 EUR
George5 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:57 AM   #145
3tmk
Rusty Robot

^
Now why would you post that, except to attract more trolls? As a matter of fact it makes you the troll.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 01:58 AM   #146
CrazyMac
BANNED

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by George5
Great for Paris. It is really the best city in Europe not just for visit but also for business.

Oh by the way for UK trolls. I found this data on other forum.

GDP per capita

Inner London 60242 EUR
Paris (75) 67000 EUR
lol...you must have a very small ***** and be very insecure about it.

You French really do have a paranoid inferiority complex about the UK...

See you in 2012...lol...

Last edited by CrazyMac; May 23rd, 2006 at 02:07 AM.
CrazyMac no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:03 AM   #147
bnmaddict

Likes (Received): 21

If a mod could visit this thread and "clean" a bit, that would be great...
bnmaddict no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:06 AM   #148
George5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3tmk
^
Now why would you post that, except to attract more trolls? As a matter of fact it makes you the troll.
How can you call someone troll, when he posted the real thing, after trolls posts are not deleted, not just becouase they don't belong here, but also becouase they are not true? So it not makes me troll at all. I don't need answer becouase thread is about Paris projects.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:08 AM   #149
3tmk
Rusty Robot

It makes you a troll because you posted the fact for the sole reason of annoying the Brits.
The best way is to ignore the trolls, they make fools of themselves alone, but once somebody joins them, it builds their confidence
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:09 AM   #150
CrazyMac
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by George5
How can you call someone troll, when he posted the real thing, after trolls posts are not deleted, not just becouase they don't belong here, but also becouase they are not true? So it not makes me troll at all. I don't need answer becouase thread is about Paris projects.

I think that makes about as much sense as you...
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:10 AM   #151
George5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyMac
You French really do have a paranoid inferiority complex about the UK...
See you in 2012...lol...
It must be that and with this post we will end this discussion not on Paris but on London - Full Summary of Projects?
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:18 AM   #152
eklips

Likes (Received): 5032

Can you people cut the crap please?
eklips no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 03:51 AM   #153
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyril
None of those projects will be built in central Paris. They will /would be built in the inner suburbs.
Well, those inner suburbs are actually part of central Paris. Central Paris has now spread beyond the rigid administrative borders of the city of Paris. Just a few figures so that people can better understand this. These are examples of job densities in the central areas of some famous world cities:
- NYC borough of Manhattan: 36,970 jobs per square kilometer
- City of Paris: 15,767 jobs per sq. km.
- Central Tokyo (23 wards): 11,250 jobs per sq. km.
- Inner London: 8,240 jobs per sq. km.

In regional European central cities you would have figures like:
- City of Manchester: 2,310 jobs per sq. km.
- City of Toulouse: 1,980 jobs per sq. km.
- City of Antwerp: 1,285 jobs per sq. km.

And here are the job densities in the districts outside the administrative borders of Paris where the new skyscrapers are planned:
- La Défense: 200,000 jobs per sq. km.
- Levallois-Perret: 20,510 jobs per sq. km.
- Neuilly-sur-Seine: 12,160 jobs per sq. km.
- Issy-les-Moulineaux: 9,010 jobs per sq. km.

With job densities like that, these districts would be considered as central cities anywhere in the world. Levallois-Perret, for example, has twice more job density than downtown Brussels (approx. 10,000 jobs per sq. km.). And La Défense simply has the highest job density anywhere in Europe, ahead of even the City of London (110,000 jobs per sq. km.). No arrondissement inside the administrative borders of Paris matches La Défense: the 2nd arrondissement, which has the highest job density, "only" reaches 62,170 jobs per sq. km.

So after looking at the figures, it is obvious that these "inner suburbs" are not really suburbs anymore, and it is no surprise that skyscrapers are built there.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:33 AM   #154
newfire
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by brisavoine
Well, those inner suburbs are actually part of central Paris. Central Paris has now spread beyond the rigid administrative borders of the city of Paris. Just a few figures so that people can better understand this. These are examples of job densities in the central areas of some famous world cities:
- NYC borough of Manhattan: 36,970 jobs per square kilometer
- City of Paris: 15,767 jobs per sq. km.
- Central Tokyo (23 wards): 11,250 jobs per sq. km.
- Inner London: 8,240 jobs per sq. km.

In regional European central cities you would have figures like:
- City of Manchester: 2,310 jobs per sq. km.
- City of Toulouse: 1,980 jobs per sq. km.
- City of Antwerp: 1,285 jobs per sq. km.

And here are the job densities in the districts outside the administrative borders of Paris where the new skyscrapers are planned:
- La Défense: 200,000 jobs per sq. km.
- Levallois-Perret: 20,510 jobs per sq. km.
- Neuilly-sur-Seine: 12,160 jobs per sq. km.
- Issy-les-Moulineaux: 9,010 jobs per sq. km.

With job densities like that, these districts would be considered as central cities anywhere in the world. Levallois-Perret, for example, has twice more job density than downtown Brussels (approx. 10,000 jobs per sq. km.). And La Défense simply has the highest job density anywhere in Europe, ahead of even the City of London (110,000 jobs per sq. km.). No arrondissement inside the administrative borders of Paris matches La Défense: the 2nd arrondissement, which has the highest job density, "only" reaches 62,170 jobs per sq. km.

So after looking at the figures, it is obvious that these "inner suburbs" are not really suburbs anymore, and it is no surprise that skyscrapers are built there.
I don`t think the job densities could create a new city. WhAT matters, is what city in the area was the first to born and the district of `lA Defense` in Paris will never be considered like another city.

AND, i don`t realize that there are several bastards that think that la defense could overcome New York city. Maybe Shanghai, but frenchcities?

never.
newfire no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 08:51 AM   #155
Phil
For great justice

pfff... someone please delete all that crap...

I doubt LD has a higher job density than the city of London or central Paris, but anyway that's nto the point, who cares if Ld is 4km west of Paris ? it's pretty obvious that LD exists because Paris is there, so no need to start another argument because on paper there's a line in between while other cities swallowed their neigbors...
And whoever said that LD could overcome NYC was either kidding or stupid.
Phil no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 02:49 PM   #156
brisavoine
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2346

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil
I doubt LD has a higher job density than the city of London or central Paris
All figures I gave are official. According to La Défense Authority website, there are 150,000 jobs in the 75 hectares of La Défense, so that's a job density of 200,000 jobs per sq. km. Other sources list a land area of 130 hectares (probably including the office areas beyond the Circular Boulevard), which still means a job density of 115,000 jobs per sq. km. For the City of London, the 110,000 jobs per sq. km. figure comes from the Nomis website. As for the arrondissements of Paris, the figures come from the 1999 census: the 2nd arrondissement, the job densest, has "only" 61,672 jobs in its 99.2 hectares (source), which means 62,170 jobs per sq. km. I know some people may be surprised to hear that the job density in La Défense is higher than in the densest arrondissements of the city of Paris, but what can I say, that's simply hard fact.
brisavoine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:07 PM   #157
CrazyMac
BANNED

Well having spent 2 days in the La Defense area last year with a few colleagues, we all all commented on how impressive it looked from a distance, but the reality when your actually standing in it, is completely different.

Its a concrete dump, poorly maintained, very shabby in some areas, limited facilities and shops and the finish of some of the buildings there is quite shocking.

We all said how much nicer Canary Wharf is at ground level and how superior the quality of the buildings and materials used at CW was, plus the far better ammenities for workers.

I guess 90% of the people who comment upon La Defense on these forums, have never been there...they should, it will change your opinion of it.

As a working envoirement, you would have to crazy (or French) to prefer it to Canary Wharf.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:19 PM   #158
bnmaddict

Quote:
Well having spent 2 days in the La Defense area last year with a few colleagues, we all all commented on how impressive it looked from a distance, but the reality when your actually standing in it, is completely different.

Its a concrete dump, poorly maintained, very shabby in some areas, limited facilities and shops and the finish of some of the buildings there is quite shocking.

We all said how much nicer Canary Wharf is at ground level and how superior the quality of the buildings and materials used at CW was, plus the far better ammenities for workers.

I guess 90% of the people who comment upon La Defense on these forums, have never been there...they should, it will change your opinion of it.

As a working envoirement, you would have to crazy (or French) to prefer it to Canary Wharf.
CW is 4 times smaller than LD and was created 6 years ago (apart from 1 Canada square which is from the 90s), while LD's first buildings were built in the 60s...

Anyway, I live just south of CW and still prefer LD by far...

You would have to be crazy or Brit to think that CW is in the same league as LD! LD is a real CBD, while CW is a group of 6 skyscrapers around an underground mall.
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:24 PM   #159
CrazyMac
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnmaddict
CW is 4 times smaller than LD and was created 6 years ago (apart from 1 Canada square which is from the 90s), while LD's first buildings were built in the 60s...

Anyway, I live just south of CW and still prefer LD by far...

You would have to be crazy or Brit to think that CW is in the same league as LD! LD is a real CBD, while CW is a group of 6 skyscrapers around an underground mall.
That's because your French......all that needs to be said really.

I note you didn't actually deny what i said about the quality of the buildings and maintenance of the area.

And where in my post did i say that CW is in the same league as LD, i just remember the fact that 1 square mile of the City Of London has a financial market nearly 4 times that of Paris....

Anyway, if you prefer LD to CW, go back to France, or cant your beloved LD provide you with a living to the same standard as CW......
Old May 23rd, 2006, 04:28 PM   #160
bnmaddict

Quote:
That's because your French......all that needs to be said really.

I note you didn't actually deny what i said about the quality of the buildings and maintenance of the area.

Anyway, if you prefer LD to CW, go back to France, or cant your beloved LD provide you with a living to the same standard as CW......
Actually, I'm here on a mission for a FRENCH company, most of the employees of CW can't afford to live where I'm living right now, considering my age.

Tags
construction, la défense, les halles, paris, paris skyscrapers, philharmonie, projects