daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 27th, 2006, 11:20 AM   #81
Tubeman
Jubilation

Likes (Received): 3245

Once Willis, this, and the DIFA Tower are constructed I'm going to lie down in the square in front of St Helens and masturbate.

Standing in the square and turning 360 degrees you'll be surrounded by SwissRe, Willis, Lloyd's, 122 Leadenhall, DIFA, Tower42 and St Helens all within a matter of yards. Sexwee territory! Will there be anywhere on earth where you can stand and have so much architectural quality so close?
Tubeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:24 AM   #82
joedellasandro

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubeman
Once Willis, this, and the DIFA Tower are constructed I'm going to lie down in the square in front of St Helens and masturbate.

Standing in the square and turning 360 degrees you'll be surrounded by SwissRe, Willis, Lloyd's, 122 Leadenhall, DIFA, Tower42 and St Helens all within a matter of yards. Sexwee territory! Will there be anywhere on earth where you can stand and have so much architectural quality so close?
Ah yes......Dubai, Chicago, NYC, Melbourne, Hong Kong.......................
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:42 AM   #83
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13282

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedellasandro
Prick.
wjfox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:53 AM   #84
Zenith
Trainee Apprentice MOD

Likes (Received): 1537

Quote:
Dubai lolololol ur kidding right....Melbourne????? ummm
Zenith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:56 AM   #85
joedellasandro

Quote:
Originally Posted by wjfox2002
Prick.
Why prick?
I just disagreed with the question.
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:01 PM   #86
Tubeman
Jubilation

Likes (Received): 3245

Quote:
Originally Posted by joedellasandro
I challenge you to find such a small area in any of these cities with such a high-quality selection of skyscrapers as:

SwissRe
Lloyd's
122 Leadenhall
Willis
DIFA
Tower42

The first 5 are literally on adjacent plots of land, surrounding the square in front of the St Helens tower. This is what I'm talking about, not the city as a whole, but in such a small area of land. Even if we were talking entire cities, I think you might still struggle actually, but lets not make this city v city v city, eh?
Tubeman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 12:18 PM   #87
joedellasandro

Quote:
I challenge you to find such a small area in any of these cities with such a high-quality selection of skyscrapers as:

SwissRe
Lloyd's
122 Leadenhall
Willis
DIFA
Tower42

The first 5 are literally on adjacent plots of land, surrounding the square in front of the St Helens tower. This is what I'm talking about, not the city as a whole, but in such a small area of land. Even if we were talking entire cities, I think you might still struggle actually, but lets not make this city v city v city, eh?
Ok fair enough...perhaps you have a point.
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:16 PM   #88
Accura4Matalan

Likes (Received): 1545

Quote:

SwissRe
Lloyd's
122 Leadenhall
Willis
DIFA
Tower42

CW
Accura4Matalan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:32 PM   #89
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Except CW aint exactly high quality

Well, the buildings are pretty high quality for materials etc, but not for design
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:34 PM   #90
marrio415

Likes (Received): 22

It gets better to also with leadenhall starting next year heron tower starts construction next year a press release from construction giant Skanska confirms this.
Skanska has today received an order from The Heron Tower Property Unit Trust for the first phase of a contract to construct Heron Tower. When complete, Heron Tower will be the tallest tower in the City of London.

Pre-construction services will begin this month, with the main construction work starting in 2007, commencing with the demolition of existing buildings. This will be followed by construction of the new Heron Tower, which will be completed in 2010.

Skanska are providing a Construction Business Stream bid, which incorporates expertise from both its building and mechanical and electrical operating units. They bring with them experience of constructing other London landmarks which offers to Heron a total construction and building services solution.

David Fison, Chief Executive, Skanska UK said: “Heron have been very clear from day one what they wanted - A construction partner who adds real value and who works as part of the team to create the overall success of the project.

“At Skanska, our whole focus is on integrated project management and eliminating waste so we are delighted that we have been chosen by Heron to do exactly that on this most prestigious of contracts.”

Cahit K Atasoy, Director of Projects and Construction, Heron International said “Heron Tower will set new standards for office buildings in the UK and the method of procurement that has been chosen will revolutionise the construction industry, delivering the project in a style that is warranted by the quality of the building. We have every confidence in the team that has been appointed.”
marrio415 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 03:37 PM   #91
ferge
Like 'Berg'

Likes (Received): 840

It would be easier and wiser to just say 'oooo, wouldn't we have a lovely square chaps' rather than just suggesting that we put up these buildings and we kick everyone elses arse.. I'd hate to think that out of the thousands of skyscrapers going up in the world only 4 decent ones were built, n all stuck together in merry England.

Yes, the view from the street will be awe-inspiring... but thats probably a feeling you could get from virtually every major city in the world to a degree, yes.. the Sq mile will have some of the best, most modern designs currently going up but.. doesnt justify claiming that it trumps everyone elses..
ferge no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:19 PM   #92
markcode
toilet out of order

Likes (Received): 9

really amazing...
how many tall is it?

...who's afraid of the big bad wolf?
markcode no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 10:20 PM   #93
markcode
toilet out of order

really amazing...
how tall is it?

Old June 27th, 2006, 10:25 PM   #94
markcode
toilet out of order

beautiful project...

Old June 27th, 2006, 10:35 PM   #95
Erebus555
It's Sting. So What?

Likes (Received): 186

This is my favourite tower of all the London supertalls.
The UK Housing Wiki - Attempting to document every tower block, council estate, private estate, housing association, tower block construction/ demolition method, tower block architect, tower block construction company... etc etc, in the UK. Everything to do with postwar residences! - Please join and help!

EREBUS - OFFICIAL MOD CANDIDATE 2011 - BRITISH MODS FOR BRITISH PEOPLE!
Erebus555 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 27th, 2006, 11:12 PM   #96
wjfox
Futurist

Likes (Received): 13282

Quote:
Originally Posted by markcode
how tall is it?
225m/48 storeys

http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?20182979

Work starts in January 2007.
wjfox no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 02:48 PM   #97
U.K

Likes (Received): 3

what an excellent design really goes with londons superb architechture.[img]http://************/1zslq9[/img]
U.K no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 03:51 PM   #98
Newcastle Guy

Likes (Received): 317

Glad you like it!
Newcastle Guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 07:09 PM   #99
NothingBetterToDo
Better To Do Nothing

Likes (Received): 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferge
It would be easier and wiser to just say 'oooo, wouldn't we have a lovely square chaps' rather than just suggesting that we put up these buildings and we kick everyone elses arse.. I'd hate to think that out of the thousands of skyscrapers going up in the world only 4 decent ones were built, n all stuck together in merry England.

Yes, the view from the street will be awe-inspiring... but thats probably a feeling you could get from virtually every major city in the world to a degree, yes.. the Sq mile will have some of the best, most modern designs currently going up but.. doesnt justify claiming that it trumps everyone elses..
I agree....the city will have the highest quality, and stunningly designed buildings, but the boasting that verges on arrogance by some fellow Uk forumers does go over the top somtimes......and so what if one or 2 people disagree and insult London???..who gives a shit, the buildings will speak for themselves when they are built, and not everyone will....or has...to like them.

The classiest, most stylish, most high quality things in life don't shout their greatness from the rooftops......they ouze quality in a rather understated way .
Old June 28th, 2006, 07:29 PM   #100
european

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by U.K
what an excellent design really goes with londons superb architechture.[img]http://************/1zslq9[/img]
nice
european no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
leadenhall, london