daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 3rd, 2013, 03:13 AM   #1841
SO143
BANNED

Likes (Received): 3624

Amazing skyscraper, thanks fo sharing the pics.

Highcliff liked this post
SO143 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 6th, 2013, 01:00 AM   #1842
FMIII

Likes (Received): 37

A very nice skyscraper, and London is really on a different planet comapared to other European cities. The Shard, Canary wharf, the City. And many towers are ready to break ground!

Regarding The City in itself, it will really look great once the Pinnacle is completed. I do hope it won't be on hold for too long.

Congrats again from Paris, London is clearly the best (not only for skyscapers)! and I hope it will push other European cities to compete.
Old June 6th, 2013, 11:52 AM   #1843
singoone
€ Scraping the sky €

Likes (Received): 666

I have to agree with that, London is truly second to none.
Old June 7th, 2013, 02:47 AM   #1844
dfiler

Likes (Received): 115

What will go in the yellow framed section?

It looks hollow like it could be an atrium. But perhaps it simply isn't finished yet? Does anyone know for sure?
dfiler no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 05:59 AM   #1845
aclifford

Likes (Received): 89

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfiler View Post
What will go in the yellow framed section?

It looks hollow like it could be an atrium. But perhaps it simply isn't finished yet? Does anyone know for sure?
Elevators and bathrooms
aclifford no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:35 PM   #1846
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMIII View Post
A very nice skyscraper, and London is really on a different planet comapared to other European cities. The Shard, Canary wharf, the City. And many towers are ready to break ground!

Regarding The City in itself, it will really look great once the Pinnacle is completed. I do hope it won't be on hold for too long.

Congrats again from Paris, London is clearly the best (not only for skyscapers)! and I hope it will push other European cities to compete.
Dude please say this EXACT message on the "BEST EUROPEAN SKYLINE" thread lol xD.

And thank you sir, us Londoners, Brits and London-fans alike thank you for such a nice comment.
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke

FMIII liked this post
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 03:40 PM   #1847
Bligh

Likes (Received): 796

Quote:
Originally Posted by singoone View Post
AFAIK there will be no observation deck.
The top floors will probably be saved for the exec rooms and special meeting rooms etc etc. Maybe a sky bar... not too sure. But it seems a shame. But we have The Shard AND in the future we have 20 Fenchurch' sky garden!
~

L O N D O N
~

instagram//photography: @leaf.it.out.luke

singoone liked this post
Bligh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 10:57 PM   #1848
SO143
BANNED

image hosted on flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/tactles...n/photostream/

Dubreu, FMIII, the dogi, Highcliff liked this post
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:00 PM   #1849
singoone
€ Scraping the sky €

Likes (Received): 666

What I like the most about the City skyline is that every new building is unique somehow and not just a filler like in majority of other skylines. to that.

FMIII, bbcwallander liked this post
singoone no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 7th, 2013, 11:18 PM   #1850
Cll_ws

Likes (Received): 8

I haven't visited the Leadenhall site since about this time last year, it had only just cleared the fences around the site at that point. It's amazing how far it's come since then, it looks great! I'll have to get back down there at some point.
Cll_ws no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 03:26 AM   #1851
SO143
BANNED

Cheesegrater Gets Another Tenant

British Land and Oxford Properties have formalised their latest success for the Leadenhall Building with a binding agreement between the developers and Amlin PLC who wish to take up a substantial pre-let in the building.

The formalising of the Amlin PLC deal will see about 20% of the Leadenhall Building, better known as the Cheesegrater thanks to its triangular profile, being occupied by the firm.

The new tenant has signed up for floors 18-24 and 45 of the building with presumably the upper level with its small floorplate to be utilised for executive use. In total they will be taking 10,312 square metres of the skyscraper and have an option to take another 3415 square metres should they desire. At the same time Amlin also has the option up until September 2013 to not occupy level 18 which would reduce the firm's requirements by 1,486 square metres.

Amlin will be paying an average rent of £62.75 per square foot, which although relatively expensive for the City of London, is far less than the highest level of rents commanded there right now.

With this deal now done it means that the Cheesegrater, soon to be the tallest building in the City of London, is over 50% pre-let before it has even topped out. This event will occur next month on the 18th of June.

http://www.skyscrapernews.com/news.php?ref=3291

image hosted on flickr

2065 Tower 42, Royal Exchange & Cheesegrater by Dotsquish, on Flickr
Old June 8th, 2013, 05:28 AM   #1852
RobertWalpole
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2508

Beautiful!

Highcliff liked this post
RobertWalpole no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:00 PM   #1853
SO143
BANNED

by potto

singoone, the dogi, DJaCoNdA, Highcliff, Bram liked this post
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:08 PM   #1854
FMIII

London is the best

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bligh View Post
Dude please say this EXACT message on the "BEST EUROPEAN SKYLINE" thread lol xD.

And thank you sir, us Londoners, Brits and London-fans alike thank you for such a nice comment.
Thank you! I promise I will !
Anyway, I am just saying the truth. Only fools (or blinds or both) could say the contrary. Paris is nice but now London has clearly taken the lead. I can't wait to come back. It's so cool to live only 3 hours away of this great city.
Go London !!!!
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:37 PM   #1855
FMIII

Quote:
Originally Posted by SO143 View Post
by potto

Does someone know what is going to be built on the site at the lower left of the picture ?
FMIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 8th, 2013, 04:51 PM   #1856
SO143
BANNED

Quote:
Does someone know what is going to be built on the site at the lower left of the picture ?
LONDON | 100 Bishopsgate | 172m | 40 fl | Prep

Old June 8th, 2013, 09:56 PM   #1857
FMIII

Thank you!
Very nice tower, classy and modern and very interesting video about how it will be built. I found it back in the rendering you posted some pages before about the future skyline of the City. A very good mix of tall, medium and small buildings.
One more question, do you have any news regarding the Pinnacle ?
FMIII no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 01:24 AM   #1858
BelgiumKanarie

Likes (Received): 35

Quote:
You wrote history!
First time on the internet a frenchmen said that London is better then paris!
Yaaay!
I agree 100%

bbcwallander, SO143, LondonFox liked this post
BelgiumKanarie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2013, 05:45 PM   #1859
gravesVpelli

Likes (Received): 3960

Depends what you mean by better? If you refer to new, modern, innovative buildings, perhaps so. The varied choice of the City and Canary Wharf skyscrapers is probably better than La Defense. But if you refer to historical architecture, the beauty of the urban landscape and the wealth of beautiful buildings, I cannot agree. Most streets in central Paris are attractive and of course Paris has the grand vistas and the great theatrics of Haussman's city planning. London is very different and is not notable for its urban layout, although some individual buildings are grand.
gravesVpelli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2013, 07:00 PM   #1860
cameronpaul
Paris-the city beautiful

Likes (Received): 463

Quote:
Originally Posted by gravesVpelli View Post
Depends what you mean by better? If you refer to new, modern, innovative buildings, perhaps so. The varied choice of the City and Canary Wharf skyscrapers is probably better than La Defense. But if you refer to historical architecture, the beauty of the urban landscape and the wealth of beautiful buildings, I cannot agree. Most streets in central Paris are attractive and of course Paris has the grand vistas and the great theatrics of Haussman's city planning. London is very different and is not notable for its urban layout, although some individual buildings are grand.
Yes, I agree, although I don't like a lot of the new buildings in La Defense and some of the suburban areas of Paris are really dreadful I think the central city is more beautiful than London, though not admittedly quite as varied. It's not easy to compare the two as they are so different and both have their good and bad of course, but for me there is something very special about the atmosphere of central Paris which is quite unique. Anyway both are world class cities, the centres of which are only 3 hours apart by Eurostar so we are lucky we can enjoy both! IMO there is nothing particularly special about the Leadenhall building (yet another glass and steel structure) but its shape makes it more interesting than just a box and far superior to some of the distorted freaks being built at the moment.
cameronpaul no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
leadenhall, london