daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 4th, 2006, 05:14 AM   #21
matthewcs

Likes (Received): 2

UAE will become like the old citiesin Europe...glittering jewels reflecting vast wealth...and don't start booing and saying that they're mostly slums....Europe was like that too yah know....now all they need are catchy titles like the city of lights or the Eternal City :>
matthewcs no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 4th, 2006, 06:20 AM   #22
Leesome

Likes (Received): 1963

I;m not sure if I persoanlly like the idea of these mega cities being built from absolute nothing.... I'm a big fan of things slowly evolving over time - it just seems a bit false (for lack of better word). But with that said, these emerging cities have absolutely wonderful designs for scrapers!! More over than that too is the ability for planning the cities. ie; looking at those renders above, everything is so well situated, and spaced openly and evenly allowing plenty of green areas and design in the landscape.

For example, looking at that third pic of crazy's (orig abu dhabi boy) That is absolutely incredible!!
Leesome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 06:24 AM   #23
Albaniangigi
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyguy
Surprisingly not Dubai this time

After seeing the closer renderings I think these towers are going to be awesome.
oops lol, still though...beautiful rendering
Albaniangigi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 06:45 AM   #24
xXx carlos xXx
nice guy high

Likes (Received): 1

it's a VERY futuristic city.... and trust me when i say VERY
xXx carlos xXx no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 06:54 AM   #25
c0kelitr0
Resident Whore

Likes (Received): 21

OMFG!!!!! i just wet my pants looking at those pics!!!!
c0kelitr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 07:51 AM   #26
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

OMG!!!!!! That's so futuristic indeed.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 07:52 AM   #27
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

I can't wait to see those towers taken shape.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 01:23 PM   #28
crazyevildude

Likes (Received): 158

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leesome
I;m not sure if I persoanlly like the idea of these mega cities being built from absolute nothing.... I'm a big fan of things slowly evolving over time - it just seems a bit false (for lack of better word). But with that said, these emerging cities have absolutely wonderful designs for scrapers!! More over than that too is the ability for planning the cities. ie; looking at those renders above, everything is so well situated, and spaced openly and evenly allowing plenty of green areas and design in the landscape.

For example, looking at that third pic of crazy's (orig abu dhabi boy) That is absolutely incredible!!
How is it any different to how quickly cities grew in the UK during the industrial revolution? Every city has to start somewhere, and most started with a major boom and quick growth. Once the boom has calmed in the middle east these cities will continue to evolve like any normal city would.
crazyevildude no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #29
StevenW
Born in Baltimore

Likes (Received): 1602

So futuristic!
Old April 4th, 2006, 05:02 PM   #30
Leesome

Likes (Received): 1963

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyevildude
How is it any different to how quickly cities grew in the UK during the industrial revolution? Every city has to start somewhere, and most started with a major boom and quick growth. Once the boom has calmed in the middle east these cities will continue to evolve like any normal city would.

Look don't get me wrong, I'm not saying its a bad thing. I'm here in oz, and here we get a few big proposals every few years, so when something big comes along its really exiting and each development is super significant. HOwever, with what we're seeing alot of nowadays (esp. in the uae)is that the second some fantastic new building is propsed, within what seems like 24 hours, another bigger and better development is proposed. For me, its a bit bittersweet. On one hand we have an awesome scraper boom around the world at the mo (once again esp. in uae), yet on the other hand, nothing seems as special anymore.

Bad example, but take beer. If you've been without one for ages and ages, then out of the blue the coldest, most awesome beer appears and there's nothing better in the world. BUT if you're suddenly inundated with hundreds of beers all at once, each better than the last, then you quickly lose track of whats goin on, and suddenly the beer has become lackluster, and not as good as that original beer. Bad analogy, but hopefully you get my drift. Once again, don't get me wrong I think its AMAZING what's goin on around the world at the mo. There's exiting new architecture that's really pushing the boudaries (and the poor engineers as well) and I think is really is great. Its just I think scrapers have lost a bit of their romance that they once had....
Leesome no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 05:19 PM   #31
T.J.A
Innovator

Really nice project
T.J.A no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 05:33 PM   #32
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Likes (Received): 638

That is just so spectacular... With the exeption of the Fordham Spire, the west simply can't compete with the arab world any more in terms of architecture. There seems to be no end to their money and will...

A bureaucrat is a device for turning coffee into frustration.
Spearman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 05:48 PM   #33
malec
Rrrraaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!!!!

Likes (Received): 125

To be honest I prefer the other tall towers near this one. The ones I'm speaking of are twins and are around the same height
malec no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 06:40 PM   #34
Biakko
Fighting spirit

Unfortunately i think it will be achieved in future far, far away...
Old April 4th, 2006, 07:56 PM   #35
SkaNdErBeG

Likes (Received): 45

This is REALLY some of the most creative and most beatiful skyscraperprojects ive seen till now............... The architect definetly should get a price for this project.....DAMN!!
SkaNdErBeG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 08:13 PM   #36
khoojyh
No more world war !!!

Location: Eastern Garden,City of Twins, Merlion City, Good Little Bay
Likes (Received): 51

nice man !!!
khoojyh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 08:18 PM   #37
mtlteg

that is sick!!! beautiful projects
mtlteg no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:11 PM   #38
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN

Likes (Received): 6

GO ABU DHABI!

I really like this masterplan and think that it will make Abu Dhabi look much more balanced than Dubai...

Peter K
Albania Austria Belgium Bosnia Botswana Cambodia Canada China Costa Rica the Czech Republic Croatia Denmark France Germany Ghana Greece India Iraq Italy Japan Kashmir Kosova Laos Liberia Macedonia Malaysia Mexico Montenegro Morocco Mozambique the Netherlands Norway Pakistan Portugal Singapore South Africa South Korea Spain Sri Lanka Sweden Switzerland Syria Thailand Tunesia Turkey the United Kingdom the United States of America Uzbekistan Vietnam Yemen Zambia Zimbabwe
TORONTOCOPENHAGEN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:26 PM   #39
HD
같같같같같같

Likes (Received): 906

easily one of the best projects in the world.
HD no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 4th, 2006, 09:35 PM   #40
Valia
A L.G.D.G.A.D.U.

Likes (Received): 6

The Abu Dhabi ilusions is very charming

Last edited by Valia; April 5th, 2006 at 03:15 AM. Reason: for error at name of the city
Valia no está en línea   Reply With Quote