daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 6th, 2009, 02:23 PM   #2501
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
Central Makkah redevelopment got approved yesterday:
That looks nice. Not too heavy/overladen.
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #2502
Rody69

Likes (Received): 1918

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dequal View Post
What will happen to the all the inhabitants and shops around the mosque? Will they just destroy all their houses for this madness?
they're paying 40000-$80000/m2 "depends on how far it's from the holy mosque,and as one of the land owners in the area "actually my family " I don't think it's a problem.and they already "the high authority of developing the two holy mosque" paid everyone I know in the area,and the rest of the owners are waiting to sell (actually they're asking for it today before tomorrow )
about inhabitants,that area "mostly" used as accommodation for the holy mosque visitors (hotels,suites..etc) .so don't you think it's better for them to renew the area aiming for an excellent urban space??
about the shops.as part of this re-development the shops is going to take a place in the new buildings.
Rody69 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #2503
Rody69

more photos:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saudi guy View Post
Engineer yousef awad al ahmadi Explains the idea of the project to jeddah's mayor adel fakih.
Full Size

Old January 6th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #2504
zee
Jelly Bean!!

Likes (Received): 17

i think i speak for about 90% when i say these proposals are ridiculous. this is the 2nd absurd thing iv seen this morning after the Macbook Wheel [wtf]. whats going on in the world!

im fine with making Mecca an "excellent urban space" but not like this. they may aswell create a new Mecca or should i say Mecca-opolis
zee no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 05:44 PM   #2505
Caca

Likes (Received): 9

Anybody knows, how many towers will be built?

I tried to count the towers in those pictures, but failed to do so.
Caca no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 05:50 PM   #2506
Caca

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rody69 View Post
they're paying 40000-$80000/m2 "depends on how far it's from the holy mosque,and as one of the land owners in the area "actually my family " I don't think it's a problem.and they already "the high authority of developing the two holy mosque" paid everyone I know in the area,and the rest of the owners are waiting to sell (actually they're asking for it today before tomorrow )
about inhabitants,that area "mostly" used as accommodation for the holy mosque visitors (hotels,suites..etc) .so don't you think it's better for them to renew the area aiming for an excellent urban space??
about the shops.as part of this re-development the shops is going to take a place in the new buildings.
40.000 dollar per m2? That's a lot of money.
I guess you mean 40.000 dinars.

How about the future of the people in the area which will be demolished? I mean in the future how do they earn their income, since they lost their business in that area, such as inns, hotels, groceries, restaurants, etc.
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:40 PM   #2507
Monkey9000
£€$$ is more

Likes (Received): 338

So whats happening with the rumord Foster/Hadid regeneration of the Mosque? As this model show's a new symmetrical "bolted" on.
Monkey9000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:49 PM   #2508
Skyline_FFM
Atheism rulez!

Likes (Received): 109

That project is stunning!
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:51 PM   #2509
Rody69

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caca View Post
40.000 dollar per m2? That's a lot of money.
I guess you mean 40.000 dinars.
no I meant ((40000-80000 American Dollars)) like in my family's case they paid S.R 210000 ~ $ 60000/m2.and I know people who got even more!!btw in Saudi we used Saudi Riyals not dinars (just joking )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caca View Post
How about the future of the people in the area which will be demolished? I mean in the future how do they earn their income, since they lost their business in that area, such as inns, hotels, groceries, restaurants, etc.
ummm it's quite a problem.but,If they paid you for your 250 m2 -the average plot size- something like $15.000.000- $25.000.000 with the priority to invest in the new development with the whole value or partly,or you can take your money,put it in a bank or invest anywhere else.I think that end up the potential problem.
just as something I saw in the general court of Makkah last summer,and it was about to KILL ME.I saw a $ 1.500.000.000 check for something like 1500 m2.(her plot is at the north east side of the holy mosque) yeah $ 1.5 Billion and to an old women (more than 70 years old) who got just..just only one son!!!!why it wasn't me??!!! why??
Old January 6th, 2009, 06:56 PM   #2510
Rody69

look at the prices in 2005
http://www.arabnews.com/?page=6&sect...d=8&m=9&y=2005
btw, $1=S.R3.75
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:12 PM   #2511
Ingenioren

Likes (Received): 584

That masterplan is wonderful! To bad one have to be muslim to be able to visit this incredible city....
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #2512
the sock

Likes (Received): 80

what a proposal this is ,how many years to do all this .30 plus years ?
the sock no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2009, 07:50 PM   #2513
ImBoredNow
I have no life : (

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingenioren View Post
That masterplan is wonderful! To bad one have to be muslim to be able to visit this incredible city....
I dont think you have to.
You can visit the city if you're not a muslim, just don't go during the pilgrimage period, which is called the Hajj, because of the crowd.
As far as actually going to the Kaba or even entering the mosque, I think non-muslims are not allowed because there's special requirements such as clothing and cleanliness. There are special procedures followed.
Try to google their website and contact them for the most accurate info.
ImBoredNow no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 01:08 AM   #2514
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

Quote:
this is the 2nd absurd thing iv seen this morning after the Macbook Wheel
You know that was satire, right?
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 02:55 AM   #2515
Zaki
Joi Bangla

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBoredNow View Post
I dont think you have to.
You can visit the city if you're not a muslim, just don't go during the pilgrimage period, which is called the Hajj, because of the crowd.
As far as actually going to the Kaba or even entering the mosque, I think non-muslims are not allowed because there's special requirements such as clothing and cleanliness. There are special procedures followed.
Try to google their website and contact them for the most accurate info.
No you can't. They have checkpoints on the highway about 3 quarters of the way from Jedah to Makkah. If your not a muslim they have a seprate exit for you leading to other parts of the country except Medina where non muslims are also not allowed to enter.
Zaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:04 AM   #2516
fozzy

Likes (Received): 82

That just looks so wrong for the location it looks way oversized and out of proportion. It spoils the beauty of the kaaba.
fozzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 03:55 AM   #2517
stefr

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
The whole site area is at least 2km square (2,000,000 m2). Correct me if I'm wrong but at a minimum of $40,000 / m2, the authority will pay at least $80,000,000,000 to the land owners!
stefr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 04:01 AM   #2518
Caca

Quote:
no I meant ((40000-80000 American Dollars)) like in my family's case they paid S.R 210000 ~ $ 60000/m2.and I know people who got even more!!btw in Saudi we used Saudi Riyals not dinars (just joking )

ummm it's quite a problem.but,If they paid you for your 250 m2 -the average plot size- something like $15.000.000- $25.000.000 with the priority to invest in the new development with the whole value or partly,or you can take your money,put it in a bank or invest anywhere else.I think that end up the potential problem.
just as something I saw in the general court of Makkah last summer,and it was about to KILL ME.I saw a $ 1.500.000.000 check for something like 1500 m2.(her plot is at the north east side of the holy mosque) yeah $ 1.5 Billion and to an old women (more than 70 years old) who got just..just only one son!!!!why it wasn't me??!!! why??

Thanks for your info, Bro.

With $15 M cash, I guess they can do start their new business elsewhere or invest half of their money in this project.

Btw, as I asked before, how many towers will be built, all in all?
Old January 7th, 2009, 04:05 AM   #2519
Caca

Quote:
Originally Posted by stefr View Post
The whole site area is at least 2km square (2,000,000 m2). Correct me if I'm wrong but at a minimum of $40,000 / m2, the authority will pay at least $80,000,000,000 to the land owners!
Let us say there are 10.000 families out there. It simply means each family, average, will receive 8 M dollars. Then, how is the tax deduction? zero tax?
Old January 7th, 2009, 05:12 AM   #2520
leetroy

Likes (Received): 26

yea zero tax
leetroy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia