daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old July 10th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #3101
Blizzy
Perfect Player

Likes (Received): 88

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
I want everybody there to view the place as a Muslim would view it, and respect it for that.
I wonder how would you view it, if you were not allowed... This applies to any other city for that matter...

Look at the tower on Google Earth - someone needs to come up with a better model

Last edited by Blizzy; July 10th, 2009 at 09:21 PM.
Blizzy no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old July 10th, 2009, 09:34 PM   #3102
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr
gates of makkah
image hosted on flickr

image hosted on flickr

Flicker

i found this on a site, i hope it answers ur Questions

1. All citizens are not permitted in the cantonment area

I am a citizen of India. Yet, I am not permitted to enter certain restricted areas like the cantonment. In every country there are certain areas where a common citizen of that country cannot enter.

Only a citizen who is enrolled in the military or those who are connected with the defense of the country are allowed in the cantonment area.

Similarly Islam is a Universal Religion for the entire world and for all human beings. The cantonment areas of Islam are the two holy cities of Makkah and Madinah.

Here only those who believe in Islam and are involved in the defense of Islam i.e. the Muslims are allowed.

It would be illogical for a common citizen to object to the restriction on entering a cantonment area. Similarly it is not appropriate for non-Muslims to object to the restriction on non-Muslims against entering Makkah and Madinah.

2. Visa to enter Makkah and Madinah

a. <Whenever a person travels to a foreign country he has to first apply for a visa i.e. the permission to enter that country.

Every country has its own rules, regulations and requirements for issuing a visa. Unless their criteria are satisfied they will not issue a visa.

b. One of the countries which is very strict in issuing a visa is the United States of America, especially when issuing visas to citizens of the third world.

They have several conditions and requirements to be fulfilled before they issue a visa.

c. When I visited Singapore, it was mentioned on their immigration form - death to drug traffickers. If I want to visit Singapore I have to abide by the rules.

I cannot say that death penalty is a barbaric punishment. Only if I agree with their requirements and conditions will I be permitted to enter the country.

d. The Visa – The primary condition required for any human being to enter Makkah or Madina is to say with his lips, La ila ha illallah Muhammed Rasulullah meaning that ‘there is no God but Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) is His Messenger’.
GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:16 PM   #3103
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

Okay here's a new update,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saudi guy View Post
31/7/2009
Photos by asyiqul^huur

Full Size
image hosted on flickr

Full Size
image hosted on flickr
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:41 PM   #3104
16teh
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

http://xrenovinsk.myminicity.com/
16teh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #3105
dark_shadow1
arctic tern

Likes (Received): 509

That thing is just MASSIVE. Too massive in my opinion.
dark_shadow1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #3106
buildmilehightower
NANI Luis Almeida Cunha

Likes (Received): 240

looks too stable for me, too thick for a tall tower.

독일의 막가파 두목이름은? 칼막 휘둘러
일본에서 가장 유명한 구두쇠 수도국장 이름은? 무라까와 쓰지마
buildmilehightower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 05:57 PM   #3107
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

so, its not going to be finished for Ramadan i guess...
GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:29 AM   #3108
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

No way. It will take two years to finish.
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:11 AM   #3109
Doomlord_uk

Likes (Received): 5

Quote:
Similarly it is not appropriate for non-Muslims to object to the restriction on non-Muslims against entering Makkah and Madinah.
It's entirely appropriate in countries that tolerate freedom of conscience and free speech. And anyone may say to the Saudis - or muslims in general - their opinion of this discrimination against non-muslims. That some muslims would prefer not to hear justifiable criticism of their culture and religion is another matter entirely...

Quote:
I cannot say that death penalty is a barbaric punishment.
Of course you can. You can say it right to the face of the Singaporean immigration officers if you like. As long as it's not against the law in Singapore to criticise the law there, anyway.

Quote:
The Visa – The primary condition required for any human being to enter Makkah or Madina is to say with his lips, La ila ha illallah Muhammed Rasulullah meaning that ‘there is no God but Allah and Muhammad (pbuh) is His Messenger’.
Presumably they'd have to mean it, too? Or can atheists like myself say that and enter?
Doomlord_uk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:56 AM   #3110
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10093

been 3 months since last diagram.
was 350m/75st.
going off latest photo, ive scaled it at 375m. wow

image hosted on flickr
Old August 6th, 2009, 01:57 AM   #3111
GoSatta
Rex Dominus

Likes (Received): 257

w000t the **** is close now! looking forward to this
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:57 AM   #3112
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2603

195 meters, isn't that a higher spire than Burj Dubai?
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:31 AM   #3113
VRS

Likes (Received): 11519

nice diagram....
VRS no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #3114
No1_Saint

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blizzy View Post
A lame answer. Same could be said about every other city of high religious significance, yet it only applies to Mecca. I'm waiting for a better one, religion related, not some propaganda bullshit.
It applies equally to all dedicated Mormon temples. If you aren't a card carrying Mormon with special permission from your Bishop(rough equivalent to a parish priest) then you won't get in either.

There has always been religious sites of special significance and sacredness to the believer that has some restrictions on it. Indigenous people have entire tracts of land that are reserved for very special occasions and are for the local people only.

It's not about exclusion but rather preservation of a sacred area for those who choose to acknowledge it as such and use it in a way that is befitting their faith/traditions/history/culture.

In the end it is theirs to do what they want with it. As it would be your prerogative to decide who enters your property. I have sat outside amazing Mosques in Malaysia desperate to go inside...but as they asked that only Muslims enter I respected their wishes. Such is life.

BTW - I have sat during Mass absolutely horrified when tourists are streaming around taking 50 million photos during the Eucharist. I can understand the desire to preserve the sanctity of a place and the rites performed therein.
No1_Saint no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:13 PM   #3115
Severiano

Likes (Received): 756

To all people complaining about not being able to go to Mecca. Please discuss this on a religious forum, heres one(http://www.beliefnet.com/). The rules of Mecca are not going to change no matter how much you complain. I live in China I want to watch youtube and facebook, but I can't because of the religion of communism. I can complain until my face is red, but it will not change anything.

If you want to go so bad, just convert to Islam and go on the Hajj, when you get back you can denounce the religion. That simple! I converted to Christianity, and denounced it. All I have to do is go to a Mosque, convert, show faith, and go to Mecca. Then when I get back from Mecca, I quit going to the mosque. None of my church friends are looking for me, and none of your mosque friends will look for you either.
Severiano no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 05:28 PM   #3116
Ji-Ja-Jot
Used Register

Likes (Received): 27205

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severiano View Post
To all people complaining about not being able to go to Mecca. Please discuss this on a religious forum, heres one(http://www.beliefnet.com/). The rules of Mecca are not going to change no matter how much you complain. I live in China I want to watch youtube and facebook, but I can't because of the religion of communism. I can complain until my face is red, but it will not change anything.

If you want to go so bad, just convert to Islam and go on the Hajj, when you get back you can denounce the religion. That simple! I converted to Christianity, and denounced it. All I have to do is go to a Mosque, convert, show faith, and go to Mecca. Then when I get back from Mecca, I quit going to the mosque. None of my church friends are looking for me, and none of your mosque friends will look for you either.
hey you self-constituted Thread-Police-boy. Look what you're driving at. The thread is finally open again and hopefully it will stay open. You talking about keeping religion out of this thread and then your write 100 words over changing religion like shoes only to watch some houses. That's a deliberate insult for all religions. And sure after that comment some answers will follow, and than you answere to the answeres and the thread will be closed again. Thank you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
195 meters, isn't that a higher spire than Burj Dubai?
If the diagram is ritght, the spire ist just 95 Meters. Or do you count the clock to the spire?

Last edited by Ji-Ja-Jot; August 7th, 2009 at 05:35 PM.
Ji-Ja-Jot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 06:20 PM   #3117
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6522

you can't count the clock as part of the spire
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 8th, 2009, 06:34 AM   #3118
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2603

Why not? Is it habitable?