daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 2nd, 2010, 05:02 PM   #3661
redstone
Lurker

Likes (Received): 52

That's a lot of demolition...
redstone no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old January 2nd, 2010, 08:44 PM   #3662
DreaM1981

Likes (Received): 3

Update: The Clock now is ready in Makkah and a new layer of asphalt has been added to some roads to assure the safe transfer of the clock to the project.

It is a matter of two months maximum (God willing).
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:03 AM   #3663
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM1981 View Post
Update: The Clock now is ready in Makkah and a new layer of asphalt has been added to some roads to assure the safe transfer of the clock to the project.

It is a matter of two months maximum (God willing).
They ae going to lift the whole thing up in one piece?! I hope someone gets pictures.
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 05:21 AM   #3664
Saudi guy

Likes (Received): 4156

it's impossible to transfer it in one piece!
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:13 AM   #3665
mr impossible

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saudi guy View Post
it's impossible to transfer it in one piece!
Nothing is impossible when you have god by your side.

ANARA WHAT COULD OF BEEN THE MOST AWESOME BUILDING EVER.
mr impossible no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:26 AM   #3666
CULWULLA

Likes (Received): 10116

going on recent pix and my diagram i did 6 weeks ago, i think tower has reached main roof level at 390m?80fl
http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2642/...36dacd2f_o.jpg
Old January 3rd, 2010, 06:27 AM   #3667
CULWULLA

going on recent pix and my diagram i did 6 weeks ago, i think tower has reached main roof level at 390m?80fl
Old January 3rd, 2010, 12:56 PM   #3668
DreaM1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by uakoops View Post
They ae going to lift the whole thing up in one piece?! I hope someone gets pictures.
No not one piece at all.

Many pieces and will be assembled on the site (God willing).

Quote:
Originally Posted by CULWULLA View Post
CULWULLA, I mentioned before the height has been decreased for some reasons to be 591M (Final height).... and asked the moderator to change title of the topic here but no one changed it but title got changed in saudi arabia forum.

Hope you change your diagram too. Thanks
Old January 4th, 2010, 12:07 PM   #3669
CULWULLA

^thanks dream.ill amend diagram
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:05 PM   #3670
miau
ausgewachsene mŲrderkatze

Likes (Received): 5312

Who has build the clock? Is it a Rolex?
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:11 PM   #3671
DreaM1981

as far I knew, No company could built it alone and it has been built by a JV of companies.

Soon I will provide you by all details (God willing) since I am not sure yet.
Old January 4th, 2010, 07:15 PM   #3672
mysteek_1976

Likes (Received): 0

this tower looks very disjointed....or these tower rather...the center tower is quite tall compared to everything. i guess you gotta start somewhere.
mysteek_1976 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 4th, 2010, 11:48 PM   #3673
abumuhannadh

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by redstone View Post
That's a lot of demolition...
you bet!

this area had hotels that were as tall as 15 storeys.
i have pictures taken from up one of those hotels, the mosque wont be seen from ground level until you come pretty close.

now the mosque is all visible from a good distance from that side. makes it great for taking pics.
abumuhannadh no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 12:26 AM   #3674
uakoops
Sidewalk Superintendent

Likes (Received): 396

Quote:
Originally Posted by womfalcs3 View Post
This one was taken in mid-2009.

[img]http://i45.************/lgr6d.jpg[/img]
I love the way the roads pop in and out of the hills. That city has more tunnels than an ant hill!
uakoops no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2010, 05:45 PM   #3675
Woolie

Likes (Received): 4

I watched this last night: http://www.hulu.com/watch/70099/nati...s-inside-mecca

It's a documentary about the hajj. I guess now I understand why they need this big hotel.
Woolie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 04:33 AM   #3676
leogodoy

Likes (Received): 49

Thanks for the link, can't get Hulu here in Brazil, but there's a Google Video link:

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...66757108756953
leogodoy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 6th, 2010, 09:49 AM   #3677
Saudi guy

5/1/2010
Photo by Š„Ŕ– ™

image hosted on flickr
Old January 6th, 2010, 11:07 AM   #3678
Saudi guy

Alpha1Estates launches Al-Tilal Villas Madinah and Royal Clock Tower Makkah

06 January 2010
Global Islamic real estate consultancy Alpha1Estates International said today it is launching Al-Tilal Villas Project in Madinah and the Royal Clock Tower in Abraj al-Bait in Makkah, allowing Muslims from all over the world to purchase property there.

The company, which launched to global acclaim on January 1 2006, said that the two projects demonstrate the strength of the real estate projects in the Holy Cities, set to be further developed over the next decade.

Alpha1Estates International is delighted to be working with the most reputable developers in the Middle East to allow Muslims to buy property in Makkah and Madinah,' said Mr Al-Alawi, Chairman of Alpha1Estates International. "By virtue of their unique nature, property in these projects is guaranteed by virtue of their unique nature to appreciate in the medium to long-term.'

Al-Tilal Villas in Madinah allows Muslims from all over the world to purchase permanent villa homes nearly 10 kilometres from the Prophet's Mosque. The Royal Clock Tower is the central tower in the Abraj al-Bait Project, 50 metres opposite the Grand Mosque in Makkah, which allows Muslims to buy apartments on 24-year leases as part of a government-based religious endowment.

Alpha1Estates International launched in 2006 to become the world's first company to market Saudi property globally and also the first company to market property in both Makkah and Madinah, with its projects ZamZam Tower, Makkah, Abraj al-Bait, Makkah, Hajar Tower, Makkah and Taiba Eastern Tower, Madinah all centrally located near the two Holy Mosques. In subsequent years, it has launched the world's first bespoke real estate consultancy programme and joint-investment fund focused on the Holy Cities.

In January 2010, the company launches the Ihsan al-Haramain Index, the first index to solely track Saudi-listed companies involved in real estate development in Makkah and Madinah.

"The Ihsan al-Haramain Index rose by over three percent this year, despite the global financial crisis affecting stock markets across the world," said Mr. Al-Alawi. "However, the stock of some major listed companies involved in real estate development in Makkah and Madinah has risen in value by over 20 percent since January 2009.'

The main reasons why Muslim real estate investors should seek to invest in the Holy Cities now, Mr. Al-Alawi said, is based on inelastic and rising global demand from the world's billion and a half-plus Muslims, supported by significant public and private sector investment in infrastructure, both for the Grand Mosques and transport to them.

Mr. Al-Alawi also said that over ten million Muslim pilgrims from 140 countries visit the Holy Cities annually for Hajj and Umrah, contributing 20 billion riyals ($5.3 billion) per year, the second-most lucrative source of the Kingdom's revenue after oil.

Real estate investment in Makkah and Madinah accounts for 40% of total real estate investments in the Kingdom, reflected in land prices in the Holy Cities being the most expensive in the world at between $70,000 and $110,000 per square metre.

The Grand Mosque in Makkah and the Prophet's Mosque in Madinah have undertaken multi-billion dollar expansion and infrastructure investment programmes, the CEO added.

Air transport to the Holy Mosques is also being boosted with the expansion of the Jeddah International Airport for Makkah and the Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Madinah, whilst ground transport is being transformed with the creation of the Makkah-Madinah Railway Link, set to be operational by November 2010.

Mr. Al-Alawi also said that the general macro-view of Saudi Arabia's real estate market remains strongly favourable, for residential, commercial and investment purposes.

"Demand for domestic housing, major real estate projects and a growing hospitality sector make the kingdom an attractive destination for global real estate investors," the CEO said. "The mortgage law for the Kingdom, which has been on the table for some years now, could finally come into force in 2010, supported by a renewed focus on middle-income housing.'

In the commercial real estate sector, Saudi Arabia was also the most attractive destination for retailers, with nearly 40 companies entering the kingdom in the past year, ahead of more than 60 countries around the world, Mr. Alawi added.

2009 CE/ 1430 AH has been an immensely successful year for Alpha1Estates International, Mr. Al-'Alawi said, with the company's reputation in the Middle East and globally enhancing. During the past year, the management of Alpha1Estates International have met royalty, statesmen, government ministers and chief executive officers from across the world.

Another major achievement for Alpha1Estates has been that in its role as the world's first real estate consultancy to be featured on YouTube.com, the company has now passed the 200,000 views mark on the video-sharing website. Nearly half of the viewers on the website channel have seen 'The VIP Experience: Dubai from the Sky', which features the first aerial footage of The World islands after their completion, The Atlantis Hotel on The Palm Jumeirah Island and Burj Khalifa (then the Burj Dubai) as the world's tallest building after it had exceeded 600 metres. Burj Khalifa, once called the Burj Dubai, is the world's tallest man-made structure at 828 metres and opened officially on 4 January 2010, with Alpha1Estates International's management in attendance.

Alpha1Estates International in 2010 also launched itself on premier social networking websites, Facebook, Twitter and Muxlim.

-Ends-

Ms. Aisha Imam, Public Relations Director
Alpha1Estates International HQ
Marble Arch Tower
55 Bryanston Street
London
W1H 7AJ
United Kingdom
Tel: (44) 207 0609 786
Fax: (44) 207 1171 586
Email: [email protected]

© Press Release 2010
from Alpha1Estates International

Source
Old January 15th, 2010, 12:18 AM   #3679
GulfArabia

Likes (Received): 1513

Saudi hotel to snatch world's tallest title in Q3 2010 !!

http://www.arabianbusiness.com/57877...st-title-in-q3
GulfArabia no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 15th, 2010, 05:27 AM   #3680
scalziand
Naugatuckian

Likes (Received): 181

There's nothing really new in that article, its just a misleading headline. The article means the worlds tallest hotel, and that's been known for some time that it would be the tallest hotel.
scalziand no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia