daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old January 1st, 2011, 08:15 AM   #6781
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by GulfArabia View Post
yes don't use the word fag, mesch here is one of them , you can call him a "FREAK BITCH" thu.

-_-
Ma9e5.

Sponsored Links
Old January 1st, 2011, 09:23 AM   #6782
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

Likes (Received): 1174

JEALOUSY is the only word that describes these trolls, if any one hates it, fine. But writing baseless articles regarding it is just crossing the line. I wish I was the moderator.

Quote:
thanks Roukaya19, i always love your posts anyway :p

i hope out camera man in makkah is all right after all this rain, we need some updated it should look cool under the train
I checked the clock on Thursday night (I mean I saw it) and the lights on the right clock were off Thats all I know so far.
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:29 AM   #6783
Saudi guy

Likes (Received): 4156

Quote:
yes don't use the word fag, mesch here is one of them , you can call him a "FREAK BITCH" thu.

-_-
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:24 PM   #6784
Muttie

Likes (Received): 1346

Who cares about these articles. Just ignore them and move on. The whole world is filled with retards and biased people. Its a fact, live with it.
Muttie no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 01:39 PM   #6785
droneriot
Urban Hermit

Likes (Received): 2612

If the article is so bad, why waste two pages whining about it?
droneriot no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 04:05 PM   #6786
King of Construction
skyscraperized

Likes (Received): 254

Quote:
Originally Posted by droneriot View Post
If the article is so bad, why waste two pages whining about it?
I actually think its very good, seeing the upstir it causes. Exactly the goal of the writer, so he well.

Visited countries: Austria-Belgium-Bosnia & Herzegovina-Bulgaria-Canada-Croatia-Czech Republic-England-France-Germany-Greece-Hong Kong-Italy-Liechtenstein- Luxembourg
Malaysia-Montenegro-Morocco-the Netherlands-Poland-Serbia-Singapore-Spain- Switzerland-Turkey-United Arab Emirates-United States of America-Wales
King of Construction no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:36 PM   #6787
th1
ambient

Likes (Received): 614

It sure looks like something out of Stalin era mixed with Big Ben.
th1 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 05:49 PM   #6788
NearNorthGuy

Likes (Received): 4

As a non-Muslim living in Chicago, I think the Abraj Al-Bait looks great. Meanwhile, the article in The New York Times simply rehashes all the old criticisms of this project. The commenters above have appropriately shredded the New York Times article so I won't repoeat their arguments. Nevertheless, allow me to respond to one point in The New York Times article. One of the writer's criticisms is that Abraj Al-Bait looks like a giant version of the Big Ben. My reply? Yes, he is right it. But you know what? Big Ben looks great. And a giant version of Big Ben also looks great. It is a jaw-dropping behemoth.

And if you are going to buid a high-rise near the mosque, then by all means make it colossal. Make it over-the-top. That is exactly what they are doing with the Abraj Al-Bait.
NearNorthGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 06:53 PM   #6789
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

As a german non-muslim i can imagine what muslims might feel about this project, but i can only saw what i think for myself without considering the religious points. And in architectural design this building is a gigantic powerful monster, i really like to see on pictures and would love to see for real, which won't be possible though.
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 10:34 PM   #6790
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Likes (Received): 26335

2011 starts decade-boom
in Makkah, Madinah real estate

January 1, 2011 / 26 Muharram 1432

Global Islamic real estate consultancy Alpha1Estates International www.alpha1estates.com said on January 1, 2011, and in the new Islamic year of 1432 that the coming decade will usher in a maturing phase of the real estate sector of Makkah and Madinah, leading to a lucrative boom in the Holy Cities.

The company, which launched to global acclaim five years ago on January 1, 2006, said that the past decade had been about laying the foundations of flagship projects and physical infrastructure, but the coming one would focus more on building non-physical infrastructure aimed at convenience - for the pilgrim (resident and visitor) and investor (domestic, regional and global).

‘Alpha1Estates International is immensely proud to celebrate its fifth anniversary today, marking more than half a decade of unparalleled global reputation and experience in marketing real estate projects in Makkah and Madinah,’ said Mr Al-Alawi, Chairman of Alpha1Estates International.

‘Our focus, and that of all those involved in the real estate sector in the Holy Cities, should now be increasingly directed at bringing world-class infrastructure which will make it easier for Muslims to live, visit, invest and work in the Holy Cities.’

Alpha1Estates International launched in 2006 to become the world's first company to market Saudi Arabian property globally and also the first company to market property in both Makkah and Madinah, with its projects ZamZam Tower, Makkah, Abraj al-Bait, Makkah, Hajar Tower, Makkah and Taiba Eastern Tower, Madinah all centrally located near the two Holy Mosques. In subsequent years, it has launched the world's first bespoke real estate consultancy programme and joint-investment fund focused on the Holy Cities.

Real estate investment in Makkah and Madinah accounts for 40% of total real estate investments in the Kingdom, reflected in land prices in the Holy Cities being the most expensive in the world at between $70,000 and $110,000 per square metre, hitting $133,000 per square metre in Makkah in 2010.

Alpha1Estates' current flagship projects are Abraj al-Bait in Makkah and Al-Tilal Villas in Madinah. The Al-Tilal Project in Madinah allows Muslims from all over the world to purchase permanent villa homes nearly 10 kilometres from the Prophet's Mosque. The Royal Clock Tower is the central tower in the Abraj al-Bait Project, 50 metres opposite the Grand Mosque in Makkah, which allows Muslims to buy apartments on 24-year leases as part of a government-based religious endowment.

In January 2010, the company launched the Ihsan al-Haramain Index, the first index to solely track Saudi-listed companies involved in real estate development in Makkah and Madinah. The Ihsan al-Haramain Index reveals for the first time internationally that the real estate sector in the Holy Cities has suffered in 2010 due to a lack of mobilisation in non-physical infrastructure, which will change in 2011 and beyond.

‘The Ihsan al-Haramain Index fell by 21 percent this year, affecting both Makkah and Madinah to the same degree, and underperforming by 6 percent the Tadawul (Saudi Stock Exchange) Real Estate Development Index which fell 15 percent this year,' said Mr. Al-Alawi. ‘Be it the long-awaited Saudi mortgage law or certain regulations on investment in the Holy Cities, it is clear that we are now seeing the need for a vision beyond bricks, mortar and steel - and one which I am delighted to state is forthcoming.’

To commemorate the start of the new decade, the company also would be expanding its operations in 2011 through its own global offices, joint ventures, agency and franchise appointments.

‘In 2010, we expanded our footprint in the Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Americas and Africa, both with our own localised operations as well as agency appointments,’ said Mr. Al-Alawi. ‘In 2011 and beyond, we look forward to extending our operations globally to meet demand.’

Over ten million Muslim pilgrims from 140 countries visit the Holy Cities annually for Hajj and Umrah, contributing 30 billion Saudi riyals ($8 billion) per year, the second-most lucrative source of the Kingdom's revenue after oil.

Alpha1Estates International's reputation as the thought market leader on real estate investment in the Holy Cities was re-inforced in June 2010 when leading property firm Jones Lang LaSalle published a report on the sector with the headline ‘Infrastructure key to increasing religious tourism in Saudi's Holy Cities', further stating that the sector was 'unique in the MENA (Middle East and North Africa) region in that they are constrained more by supply and capacity constraints and not demand (which is effectively unlimited).’

In January 2010, nearly half a year earlier, Alpha1Estates International had publicly stated that investment in the real estate sector of the Holy Cities was 'based on inelastic and rising global demand from the world's billion and a half-plus Muslims, supported by significant public and private sector investment in infrastructure, both for the Grand Mosques and transport to them'.

Milestones in 2010

In 2010, Alpha1Estates International said there had been many milestones in the real estate sector in Makkah and Madinah. In the realm of the Holy Mosques and Sites, there had been multi-billion dollar expansion of the Grand Mosque in Makkah and the Prophet's Mosque in Madinah, and the Saudi Commission for Tourism and Antiquities (SCTA) announced that it will be developing heritage sites including the Ain Zubaida water supply system, urban centres in Jabal Al-Noor and Jabal Al-Thawr as well as historic buildings and wells in Makkah.

In the realm of real estate projects, there was the completion of the Abraj al-Bait project in Makkah, including the completion of the tallest concrete building in the world, Makkah Clock Royal Tower (and the second tallest building in the world after the Burj Khalifa, Dubai, UAE) as well as the launch of the King Abdul Aziz Road project and the Umm al-Joudah project.

In terms of transport infrastructure, there was the first-phase completion of the 18km Makkah Metro railway; the continuation of the first phase of the 450km-Haramain Railway, linking Makkah, Madinah and Jeddah; the expansion of the Jeddah International Airport for Makkah and the Prince Mohammed bin Abdulaziz International Airport in Madinah; international airlines have boosted their Hajj coverage, with some like Brunei Airlines operating their first Hajj flight to Jeddah in 2010, whilst direct international flights to Madinah have also increased with Emirates, Gulf Air and Royal Jordanian initiating their services in 2010.

‘We are pleased to witness these milestones, including the completion of the Royal Clock Tower in Makkah in 2010, marking five years since we internationally launched the project,' said Mr. Al-Alawi. Alpha1Estates International launched Abraj al-Bait, Makkah, in a global television presentation on December 25, 2005, which can be viewed on its channel on YouTube.com and Muxlim.com.

‘These and other achievements focus on physical infrastructure. Whilst this will undoubtedly continue and should be enhanced, it is investment in non-physical infrastructure which will help the sector mature as the latest results of the Ihsan al-Haramain Index reveal.’

A Future Vision

In the first half of 2011, two separate development organisations for the Holy Cities of Makkah and Madinah will be launched by the Makkah and Holy Sites Development Authority (MHSDA). For Makkah specifically, the 'Holy Makkah Comprehensive Plan', a 100 billion Saudi riyal plan ($27 billion) to transform Makkah into a city with world-class facilities and services, will also be launched. In 2012, other significant projects like the new annex east of the Grand Mosque, the Jabal Omar project near the Grand Mosque, and the Haramain Railway between Makkah and Madinah are also set to be completed.

Mr. Al-Alawi said these latest developments from the public and private sector in the Holy Cities are promising.

‘As we enter the decade leading up to 2020 and 1440, the vision to transform the Holy Cities is being realised.’

http://www.alpha1estates.com/pr2011.htm
Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:00 PM   #6791
'asyiqul^huur

Likes (Received): 0

29 Dec 2010

30 Dec 2010

31 Dec 2010

'asyiqul^huur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2011, 11:49 PM   #6792
'asyiqul^huur

Old January 2nd, 2011, 12:19 AM   #6793
Soroban
Ah! Megami-Sama fan

Likes (Received): 33

Great!!!! Amazing!!!!!

Happy New Year!!!

Soroban no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 01:51 AM   #6794
KillerZavatar
also known as Wally

Likes (Received): 8231

this is so close to be topped out. what is the shedule for it being topped out, finished cladding and opening?
KillerZavatar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:20 AM   #6795
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

Likes (Received): 1174

nice pics
So I've checked and I can confirm that the right clock is COMPLETELY STOPPED after the rain.
Old January 2nd, 2011, 07:16 PM   #6796
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Nice pictures Thanks, it will be interesting to see how they are going to build the Cresent.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:40 PM   #6797
'asyiqul^huur

1 Jan 2011

Old January 2nd, 2011, 08:44 PM   #6798
'asyiqul^huur

2 Jan 2011

Old January 2nd, 2011, 09:52 PM   #6799