daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 1st, 2007, 11:41 AM   #881
Alain75
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM1981 View Post
New render:

Holy shit, truly fugly, are the proportions really right in this render ? Disgusting ... :/
Alain75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:55 AM   #882
GOL2007

Likes (Received): 110

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
As for the people thinking it looks out of place or it's wrong to have something so close to the kabaa, I have a feeling people have often felt uneasy for anything being built close to the kabaa.
I won't join the religious discussion... doesn't matter if the Kabaa is near or not, the architects didn't keep in mind the urban development of the surrounding area. Amateurs, fools or investor-slaves, I don't know...
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:59 AM   #883
DreaM1981

Likes (Received): 3

I don't know why we have to repeat ourselves here.

As Saudi_Guy mentioned before, this is a part of the new plan to makkah which will be surrounded by many new projects and many skyscrapers 200M+ plus the new extention of the holy mosque.

It looks huge here just cause the new projects just got approval from the saudi gov. and the work will start this year or next year maximum inshallah (God willing).

Again, it is a part of a new plan/image to makkah.
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:00 PM   #884
kix111

Likes (Received): 2929

how could this be u/c but still no proper render?

anyway the latest render looks way. ....too biiiiigg! going to own big ben lol
kix111 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:11 PM   #885
GOL2007

OK, but why is there no rendering of the whole development? Didn't someone say 24 billion of investment... if that number is correct there should be enough money to make a good render and no Photoshop-SSC-stuff...
Or is there a rendering? Haven't seen one...
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:12 PM   #886
DreaM1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by kix111 View Post
how could this be u/c but still no proper render?
There are many renders for the old design but this new design (2007 design) is still new and here we started to see some new good renders as the one I just posted.
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:15 PM   #887
DreaM1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOL2007 View Post
OK, but why is there no rendering of the whole development? Didn't someone say 24 billion of investment... if that number is correct there should be enough money to make a good render and no Photoshop-SSC-stuff...
Actually, there is a render for each project but still I have not seen a render for all projects at once. as far I remember I have seen a render for a model of all new projects together in makkah but I do not remember where.
Old October 1st, 2007, 12:20 PM   #888
GOL2007

Then let's hope for mecca and all of it's inhabitants that all together will look better than this huge Big Ben on it's own...
Old October 1st, 2007, 01:48 PM   #889
James R. Hawkwood
Imperator

Likes (Received): 7

They are already building this building.

I find it a neccesaty to have these gigantic buildings in Mecca or else there isnt the capacaty to hold all off these people.

But from a personal point off view it is too dominate but sadly there isnt an other choise BUT to build them.

Cheers
Old October 1st, 2007, 03:25 PM   #890
DreaM1981

I do not know why all are trying to compare this clock with big ben. any big clock should not be compared with big ben since big ben is not an expression to explain any big clock.

It is just the biggest clock right now and soon any big clock will be compared with "Makkah clock" not big ben inshallah (God willing).

Forget Big ben, the record will be brocken soon and this does not mean that someone is trying to make a new big ben. does dubai trying to make new sears tower or Paterons tower by building burj dubai? this is not logic for sure.

Makkah clock is new & big clock braking all old records and in holiest place of islam so, please let's stop the comparison between two different projects.
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:32 PM   #891
Alain75
BANNED

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
I do not know why all are trying to compare this clock with big ben. any big clock should not be compared with big ben since big ben is not an expression to explain any big clock.

It is just the biggest clock right now and soon any big clock will be compared with "Makkah clock" not big ben inshallah (God willing).

Forget Big ben, the record will be brocken soon and this does not mean that someone is trying to make a new big ben. does dubai trying to make new sears tower or Paterons tower by building burj dubai? this is not logic for sure.

Makkah clock is new & big clock braking all old records and in holiest place of islam so, please let's stop the comparison between two different projects.
Lol, and what's the point in "breaking all records" for "the biggest clock" ?

And it sure looks like big ben stuffed in the middle of a Stalinist building or something ... :/
Alain75 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 06:44 PM   #892
RealVooDoo

Likes (Received): 980

Quote:

image hosted on flickr

They're quite similar, even if the Makkah royal hotel is bigger and has not a cross on its top I think they can be compared to each other
RealVooDoo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:27 PM   #893
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

Yeah, it's probably time to shut down the religious arguments here, otherwise we'll go around and around and around about being "religious enough".

This project definitely could use some neighbor projects.
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 07:38 PM   #894
RON-E

Likes (Received): 35

wow, this is not my favorite building by far......
RON-E no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 08:54 PM   #895
DreaM1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by RealVooDoo View Post
They're quite similar, even if the Makkah royal hotel is bigger and has not a cross on its top I think they can be compared to each other
I am not talking about the looking, I am talking about intention of many people here who want to prove one thing "Makkah clock is just a copy of big ben".

I disagree with this statement 100% since the clock is just a clock and It can not be different at all since all clocks look like each other.

Makkah clock is not a copy paste of big ben clock (This is the conclusion which I wanna say).
Old October 1st, 2007, 09:08 PM   #896
ska.pre

Likes (Received): 695

are this realy going to be build???????
ska.pre no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:08 PM   #897
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alain75 View Post
Holy shit, truly fugly, are the proportions really right in this render ? Disgusting ... :/
Oh come on ... tell us what you really think!
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 1st, 2007, 11:49 PM   #898
ZZ-II
I love Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 6525

Quote:
Originally Posted by skapre View Post
are this realy going to be build???????
of course, the main tower is UC an already rising. look 1 or 2 pages back. i posted an construction pic from september
ZZ-II no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 12:11 AM   #899
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

Now that Abraj Albait is taller than ever, I think Jabal Omar project should also follow and have one or two supertalls.
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2007, 12:16 AM   #900
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOL2007 View Post
Jabal Omar Project

Shamiya Project
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia