daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 3rd, 2007, 04:35 PM   #941
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

keep editing... you still dont make any sense proving my previous point about you...
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 3rd, 2007, 04:37 PM   #942
(fabrizio)

Likes (Received): 3096

Sorry, as a Christian I can't go to Mecca, I think, but I really can't stand looking this orrible building... I mean, it's so close to the most important place for a Muslim, it stands on the Kaaba, and i think it'll get its shadow on it...how can it be possible?how in the world they could have given the permission to build this building?it looks like a fat and taller Big Ben...it's totally out of place, if I were a Muslim I'd be really angry! and, moreover, aren't there any ancient buildings around?
(fabrizio) no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 04:51 PM   #943
HeavenlySword
BANNED

Likes (Received): 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by (fabrizio) View Post
how in the world they could have given the permission to build this building?
Because in Mecca there is nothing like "Chamber of Architects".
HeavenlySword no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:02 PM   #944
(fabrizio)

yeah, they all must be here in Italy... I couldnt put the solar energy panels on my house's roof 'cause it's a medieval one, and those panels "spoil the beauty of an ancient building"!!!come on!!!
By the way, why should they ruin such a nice zone? it's the same thing with the coverage proposed for the Great Mosque, it ruins the beauty of the building...when i think at the biggest examples of Muslim architecture, i think at The Alabaster Mosque, those in Uzbekistan, Marrakech, the Alhambra in Granada and if i think of those new things, well, it's kinda disappointing. Are you aware you're ruining your own heritage?
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:28 PM   #945
Saudi guy

Likes (Received): 4156

More hatred...
Old October 3rd, 2007, 05:40 PM   #946
DreaM1981

Likes (Received): 3

Again and again... topic has been changed to "location, Saudi Government, Makkah and kaaba". This project is for construction work only and not for useless comments
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:00 PM   #947
Saudi guy

Likes (Received): 4156

hay dream i nots there constriction on Dar Al Towhed,do you know anything about it?
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:21 PM   #948
dubai3000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM1981 View Post
This is not a proposal, It is already got approved and work is supposed to be started after finishing the extension of safa & Marwa. I think now people will start making fun and claim that these tents are going to stop the prayer from going up or these tents will decrease the enjoyment of the worship. Anyway, People like to complain and reject any new stuff without deep thinking.

Please don't try to use this useless card. The Binladen Group which you are making fun of it is one of largest and most known contractors in the word and built many large construction projects not only Abraj Al-bait which is the largest construction project in world, it also built The holy mosque in Makkah which you dream to go there to worship Allah, The prophet's mosque (PBUH) in madinah, Sharjah airport, Boeing hangers in Riyadh airport, American Univ. in sharjah, Al Faisaleya tower, Sharm Al-shikh airport in egypt, extention of cairo airport, king abdullah economic city, tabuk airport, plaza tower in dubai, kulu lampour airport in malaysia and many other projects in Kuwait, Qatar, Yemen, Syria, Egypt, Malaysia, UAE .......etc (this is the contractor you are making fun of it).

There are no stores inside the holy mosque which is logic and well known. The stores are outside for sure so what don't you like if there are western or eastern store? Makkah is a city and has citizens who live there (millions) and they need stores, parks, resturants and everything unless if you want to kick people out from it except pilgrimes. This is not logic at all.

If the goods which are being sold there are allowed islamically then what is stopping the gov. from giving permissions to these stores to work there?

Some like shopping after worship, Some like to worship 24 hours daily, some even go just for sins and fun. Each one will be judged according to his intention.

Yes houses around will be destroyed for extention of the holy mosque and also for many new projects to provide good standard living for pilgrimes.

Is it easy to pay billions of dollars ? It is not easy and it is one of main obstructions the gov. is facing to start work on any new project or extension. 1 square meter = 350,000$ infront of the holy mosque so imagine if you are going to destroy almost 500 square meter or more.
dude you are wrong. Makkah and Medina were never suppose to be normal cities. They were suppose to holy cities. Why did you think that the prophet said no non muslims should be allowed there???
The basic idea is not too have any influence other then islamic influence in the city.
dubai3000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:29 PM   #949
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

This thread is degenerating.
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 06:39 PM   #950
dubai3000
BANNED

^ i think as long as its civil discussion it should be ok.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 07:10 PM   #951
(fabrizio)

by the way, what does Abraj Al-Bait means? wasn't bait meaning "home"?
Old October 3rd, 2007, 07:56 PM   #952
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
how can it be possible?how in the world they could have given the permission to build this building?
I think it demonstrates the power the Bin Laden family has in Saudi Arabia. The Bin Ladens are de facto leadership in Saudi Arabia, and they are the ones building these things ... hence the name "Bin Laden Monstrosity".

It is important to note the Wahabi Theocracy, which by definition states that any other interpretation of Islam is invalid. That is precisely the reason the Saudis / Bin Ladens are not listening to the majority Muslims (let alone others) on projects such as this. The cultural angle, which has also come up on this thread, is also an interesting one. The Arabs are a very small minority within the Muslim world, yet because the Kaaba is within their political boundaries (and the optics towards the West given the oil) they are seen as something more. This 'small man syndrome' results in them doing things just to irritate the majority of the Muslim world. They play politics and power with religion - very sad indeed.
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:00 PM   #953
Riyadhi

Quote:
by the way, what does Abraj Al-Bait means? wasn't bait meaning "home"?
Abraj Al-Bait" = The Towers of Mecca"... Al-Bait is one of the names of Mecca.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:02 PM   #954
asif iqbal

Likes (Received): 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by walli View Post

It is important to note the Wahabi Theocracy, which by definition states that any other interpretation of Islam is invalid. That is precisely the reason the Saudis / Bin Ladens are not listening to the majority Muslims (let alone others) on projects such as this. The cultural angle, which has also come up on this thread, is also an interesting one. The Arabs are a very small minority within the Muslim world, yet because the Kaaba is within their political boundaries (and the optics towards the West given the oil) they are seen as something more. This 'small man syndrome' results in them doing things just to irritate the majority of the Muslim world. They play politics and power with religion - very sad indeed.
Your last part of this post makes perfect sense well written! Muslims population in world is like over 1 billion, Saudi arabians are only 20 million ish yet they seem to think they dont need permission to building something at worlds and muslims most holy place

its shows thier ignorance, self pride and greed all of which is forbiden in islam

all they can come up with is "where does it say in quran u cant make big buildings"--old Arab knowledge and archetcture is long gone

they wanted to knock down Ottoman time parts to extend Kabba good thing the Turkish intervened.
asif iqbal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:04 PM   #955
dubai3000
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by walli View Post
I think it demonstrates the power the Bin Laden family has in Saudi Arabia. The Bin Ladens are de facto leadership in Saudi Arabia, and they are the ones building these things ... hence the name "Bin Laden Monstrosity".

dude this is arab land, and has been for ever since time existed. so thats the not issue. My only issue is they should not allow haraam influences in the two holy cities. They are building most of these places for the need of space which is good. But last time i went to Makkah i saw many things the should not be in a holy city.
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:10 PM   #956
Riyadhi

Actually my point is that anyone who says that the Bin Laden family is the de facto leadership in Saudi Arabia does not know anything about Saudi Arabia ..... Is it clear now? I guess the question should be directed to you

PS: who's talking about trolling?
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:14 PM   #957
dubai3000
BANNED

This is what i got from wikepedia:
"The bin Laden family (Arabic: بن لادن), also spelled bin Ladin, is a rather wealthy family intimately connected with the innermost circles of the Saudi royal familys'
Old October 3rd, 2007, 08:30 PM   #958
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubai3000 View Post
dude this is arab land, and has been for ever since time existed. so thats the not issue. My only issue is they should not allow haraam influences in the two holy cities. They are building most of these places for the need of space which is good. But last time i went to Makkah i saw many things the should not be in a holy city.
I think Hugh Hefner should open up an nude Playboy strip club inside this building, that would be sweet.

On a more serious note, does anyone have any picture updates for this building? I'd love to see how it's coming along. Also I'd be willing to fast for a day if that will change someones mind about putting the clock on the tower. The clock has to go.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 09:29 PM   #959
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by FM 2258 View Post
I think Hugh Hefner should open up an nude Playboy strip club inside this building, that would be sweet.

On a more serious note, does anyone have any picture updates for this building? I'd love to see how it's coming along. Also I'd be willing to fast for a day if that will change someones mind about putting the clock on the tower. The clock has to go.
How about I urinate in ur eye? Would that be sweeeeeeeet?

El Retardo El perfecto!
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2007, 10:07 PM   #960
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Originally Posted by *UofT* View Post
How about I urinate in ur eye? Would that be sweeeeeeeet?

El Retardo El perfecto!
Actually that would be kinda salty.

Edit:

It looks like they already have a clock on another building near the kabaa. Does anyone have an idea when that "highrise" was built?

[IMG]http://i20.************/r73pes.jpg[/IMG]

I wonder if alot of people were against building that as well. Photo courtesy of chinx786 from flickr on August 2, 2007.

Last edited by FM 2258; October 3rd, 2007 at 10:17 PM.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia