daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old September 30th, 2011, 08:00 PM   #9901
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Likes (Received): 26335

Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:03 PM   #9902
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

Likes (Received): 1174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesch View Post
Something is wrong with you, man.
SERVING piligrims is more important than reserving historical landmarks. My opinion, please repect it.
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:12 PM   #9903
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Likes (Received): 885

Serving pilgrims can be achieved without destroying historical landmarks. That's my heritage, respect it.
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:22 PM   #9904
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

Well thats not my problem. All I'm saying is that if in a case, there is no other way to serve the piligrims, then why not?
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:38 PM   #9905
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Sure it's not your problem. Your heritage lies somewhere around the Indus river.

Pilgrims exhaust a considerable portion of our budget as it is.. It would be mind-blowingly atrocious if the Government decides to use that money to destroy (what's left) of the country's cultural and historical heritage.
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:44 PM   #9906
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

and if Pilgrims aren't satisfied with the services provided, which are plenty and mostly for free, then let them provide their own.
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:45 PM   #9907
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

not my problem means, its government's problem to decide the way forward. Piligrims also exhaust a huge amount of city space.
Old September 30th, 2011, 08:59 PM   #9908
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkawi.Pk View Post
Piligrims also exhaust a huge amount of city space.
yes, for a period of 6 days a year.
Old September 30th, 2011, 09:04 PM   #9909
parsonsnose
BANNED

Likes (Received): 26

Quote:
SERVING piligrims is more important than reserving historical landmarks. My opinion, please repect it.
I know nothing of your country and it's religion, though it seems from the article that "Wahabism"! is the dominant force behind the present way of doing things.
Surely when you have extremely important historical sites, it's the present generations DUTY to preserve them as much as possible for those who come later.
I wonder what future generations will think if they have no genuine cultural heritage left thanks to the present policies.
Will they respect your opinion??
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 09:16 PM   #9910
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

He's not Saudi though.
Old September 30th, 2011, 09:41 PM   #9911
parsonsnose
BANNED

Even so, he's still a muslim, I assume.
I would have thought some of those sites would have meaning for all muslims.
Old September 30th, 2011, 10:16 PM   #9912
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

You two will never get it.
The biggest cultural and religious site dominates the other minor sites. I didn't say destroy them all for no reason, I said if in the future these not-so-important sites stand in the way of yet another Haram expansion (I also said it was very unlikely since the next two expansions will only target the safa palace), then there is no reason for those sites to stay standing. I ask you to give me ONE reason of the purpose of places like Holy Prophet's home or the abbasi columns or the ajiyad fortress. The house of the prophet is not a holy site which you must visit to achieve spiritual peace or something, the abbasi columns might have been beautiful 200-300 years ago, but now they are in a VERY bad shape and its not like we need the Ajiyad fortress to protect the city in these days.

My country does not in any way affect my opinion regarding these sites. You talk about future generations like they actually care about any kind of history, even if they do they'd probably do research on the internet, read books and go to museums (which is the ONLY place for this kind of so-called "cultural heritage").

I don't understand what people mean when they use the term "wahabism", what does "wahabism" have to do with expansion of Haram? Does "wahabism" even exist? If it does, what are the beliefs and the ideology of the so-called "wahabis"? I already told you that most of that article contains LIES.

Yes I am not Saudi, I'm proud of being Pakistani, but I was born in Makkah, I live in Makkah, I see everyday problems of Makkah, I have the right to think for the best of this city like every other muslim in the world. Its the "Holy Capital" of the Muslim World, not just a city of Saudi Arabia.

Last edited by Makkawi.Pk; September 30th, 2011 at 10:36 PM.
Makkawi.Pk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 10:47 PM   #9913
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

Regarding the other two sites mentioned in that ridiculous article:
Masjid-an-nawabi: I never heard of any fatwa regarding the green dome, the dome is part of the mosque, not the indicator of Holy Prophet's (صلى الله عليى وسلم) grave.
Jabal-an-Nuur: I don't know how to say this, its actually quite fuuny. HELLO? Its a mountain, not a hill or a small building, I don't think you could demolish it even if you wanted to, also there are lot of people living on the beginning slope of the mountain, so they won't demolish anything. All they'd probably do is what they have been doing for ages, warn the visitors on not putting their lives in danger to do something which has no significance in Islam (I AM NOT TALKING ABOUT THE MOUNTAIN OR THE CAVE, I am talking about the biddat's people do over there), There is an informatory sign board at the beginning of the mountain.
Old September 30th, 2011, 10:54 PM   #9914
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mesch View Post
yes, for a period of 6 days a year.
Its not 6 days, its two months and 15 days. I'm not talking about Mina, Muzdalifah, Arafat or the traffic jams, I'm talking about the hotels they stay in before and after the hajj and in Ramadhan, everywhere I see a new and/or beautiful building, its reserved for Hajj and omrah. I think these buildings plus the demolition of complete districts for the expansions have caused huge increase in house rents (for lesser rooms). In this case the only solution for locals is to move in the suburbs or leave the city, which is not helpful if you work IN Makkah. They should make a special district or two for piligrims and LET US LIVE IN PEACE.
Old September 30th, 2011, 11:30 PM   #9915
parsonsnose
BANNED

" You talk about future generations like they actually care about any kind of history, even if they do they'd probably do research on the internet, read books and go to museums (which is the ONLY place for this kind of so-called "cultural heritage")."

It seems to me that it's you who doesn't get it. Never mind, it's not my heritage that's being destroyed, why should I care?
Old September 30th, 2011, 11:32 PM   #9916
tommyz

Likes (Received): 0

the proportions seem off to me dentist in progreso mexico dental in tijuana mexico dental implants

Last edited by tommyz; December 7th, 2011 at 07:50 AM.
tommyz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old September 30th, 2011, 11:44 PM   #9917
Makkawi.Pk
EZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsnose View Post
[I]

It seems to me that it's you who doesn't get it. Never mind, it's not my heritage that's being destroyed, why should I care?
whatever
Old October 1st, 2011, 02:08 AM   #9918
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش

Quote:

You two will never get it.
The biggest cultural and religious site dominates the other minor sites. I didn't say destroy them all for no reason, I said if in the future these not-so-important sites stand in the way of yet another Haram expansion (I also said it was very unlikely since the next two expansions will only target the safa palace), then there is no reason for those sites to stay standing. I ask you to give me ONE reason of the purpose of places like Holy Prophet's home or the abbasi columns or the ajiyad fortress. The house of the prophet is not a holy site which you must visit to achieve spiritual peace or something, the abbasi columns might have been beautiful 200-300 years ago, but now they are in a VERY bad shape and its not like we need the Ajiyad fortress to protect the city in these days.

My country does not in any way affect my opinion regarding these sites. You talk about future generations like they actually care about any kind of history, even if they do they'd probably do research on the internet, read books and go to museums (which is the ONLY place for this kind of so-called "cultural heritage").
Wow.
Old October 1st, 2011, 02:13 AM   #9919
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

@Makkawi.Pk yes, there is a fatwa against the Green Dome but they decide to keep it because it will cause a big fitna. I'll post you on this later inshallah.
Old October 1st, 2011, 02:19 AM   #9920
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

It's nice to keep all the old heritage but how to expand the holy places without destroying nothing?...OK NOW BACK TO THE TOPIC! BACK TO THE TOPIC! BACK TO THE TOPIC!

Last edited by Roukaya19; October 1st, 2011 at 02:43 AM.

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia