daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old December 22nd, 2011, 02:32 AM   #10441
No1_Saint
Registered User
 
No1_Saint's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 261
Likes (Received): 18

I think the project will look out of proportion until the development behind is completed. Once the entire area has been finished everything will balance out...hopefully.
No1_Saint no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:35 AM   #10442
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter
 
Roukaya19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 17,453
Likes (Received): 26335

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkawi.Pk View Post
@Roukaya: No way I'm I'm promoting them, that would ruin my page and the website looks official-ish, don't want any trouble with Bin Laden and co.
ok...me I post again because I add pics




alharamainprojects.com


The Two Holy Mosques Development Projects

مشاريع تطوير الحرمين الشريفين

Home: http://alharamainprojects.com/index.html
(arabic only)





3- King Abdul Aziz Endowment of the Two Holy Mosques
وقف الملك عبدالعزيز للحرمين الشريفين

Go direct to the page:http://alharamainprojects.com/clock_...qaf/about.html
Flash media: http://alharamainprojects.com/clock_...h/3/index.html















- - -




4- Makkah Clock
ساعة مكة المكرمة

Go direct to the page: http://alharamainprojects.com/clock_...main/home.html
Flash media: http://alharamainprojects.com/clock_...h/4/index.html













- - -

Last edited by Roukaya19; December 22nd, 2011 at 07:12 AM.
Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:36 AM   #10443
CxIxMaN
Registered User
 
CxIxMaN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Penang
Posts: 2,031
Likes (Received): 876

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsnose View Post
"wow just wow! When its time to pray everything stops and praying starts even in the malls. It looks like the mall turned into a mosque. " What would happen to a moslem who decided not to stop and prey when everybody else does, and just carried on about his business?
sorry that might be a silly question
__________________
PENANG PHOTO GALLERY

I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones

A.Einstein

Public transport is the way to transportation revolution

A MAYOR of Bogota is reported to have said: “A developed country is not a place where the poor have cars. It’s where the rich use public transportation.”
CxIxMaN no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:31 AM   #10444
Makkawi.Pk
EZ
 
Makkawi.Pk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jeddah
Posts: 2,057
Likes (Received): 1174

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pablobegood View Post
you always mocking opposite (and completely valid) opinions regarding to this project.
pffff
Problem?
Nice pics Roukaya
__________________
To let.
Makkawi.Pk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 10:47 AM   #10445
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش
 
Mesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Unaizah
Posts: 6,500
Likes (Received): 885

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlknyc View Post
I am a Muslim and have been to Mecca and i coudnt agree more with you. This monstrosity should have never been built in the holy city. Newayz the dumbass Saudis have already destroyed almost all the significant historical places in both the holy cities of Mecca & Medina. So it aint anything new. The irony is that the so-called Saudi king calls himself as the "Guardian of the 2 holy cities" . I dont know what the heck is he guarding though.
You know, it's really hard to take you seriously when you say things like "the dumbass Saudis" even though we might agree on a lot of things.
__________________
“Then send me to plummet with savaging words.”
Mesch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:21 AM   #10446
parsonsnose
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Posts: 512
Likes (Received): 26

"sorry that might be a silly question " I didn't think so. What I was trying to get at was :- Do all of the people in public places like the mall above, stop and pray at the designated times because they are all true believers? Or do some of them do it because they are afraid to be seen as non conformers for whatever reason? For instance is their a punishment for people who refuse to stop and pray?
parsonsnose no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 11:45 AM   #10447
Mesch
أنا عايزة اعيش
 
Mesch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Unaizah
Posts: 6,500
Likes (Received): 885

No, not all the people stop and pray. I never do.
__________________
“Then send me to plummet with savaging words.”
Mesch no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 01:04 PM   #10448
Makkawi.Pk
EZ
 
Makkawi.Pk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jeddah
Posts: 2,057
Likes (Received): 1174

Quote:
Originally Posted by parsonsnose View Post
"sorry that might be a silly question " I didn't think so. What I was trying to get at was :- Do all of the people in public places like the mall above, stop and pray at the designated times because they are all true believers? Or do some of them do it because they are afraid to be seen as non conformers for whatever reason? For instance is their a punishment for people who refuse to stop and pray?
Whoever stops to pray, its his.her choice, there is no religious police inside malls/shopping center. And its none of your business, stick topic or don't say anything.
__________________
To let.
Makkawi.Pk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:22 PM   #10449
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter
 
Roukaya19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 17,453
Likes (Received): 26335

image hosted on flickr

Mecca Clock Tower par Ahmad S. M., sur Flickr

Loooooooong view!
image hosted on flickr

Mecca Clock Tower par Ahmad S. M., sur Flickr

Last edited by Roukaya19; December 22nd, 2011 at 03:39 PM.
Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:24 PM   #10450
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter
 
Roukaya19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 17,453
Likes (Received): 26335


Last edited by Roukaya19; December 22nd, 2011 at 03:33 PM.
Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 03:38 PM   #10451
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter
 
Roukaya19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 17,453
Likes (Received): 26335

Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 05:19 PM   #10452
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter
 
Roukaya19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 17,453
Likes (Received): 26335

Up there, they are working on this ...





Maybe Makkawi.Pk can indicate you where it is...on this render




From Makkah Clock: View on the Mosque on 17 December 2011

Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:25 PM   #10453
Makkawi.Pk
EZ
 
Makkawi.Pk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Jeddah
Posts: 2,057
Likes (Received): 1174

That time-lapse is
__________________
To let.
Makkawi.Pk no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:52 PM   #10454
jayabaluan
Registered User
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 5
Likes (Received): 1

good pictures.. keep uploading pictures of these kind.......
__________________
Youtube music

Last edited by jayabaluan; February 17th, 2012 at 09:08 PM.
jayabaluan no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 06:57 PM   #10455
FM 2258
Registered User
 
FM 2258's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Austin
Posts: 5,436
Likes (Received): 611

It's such a beautiful building. As for complaints about the size I bet people felt the same way when the first 10+ story building was built near the mosque.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 07:13 PM   #10456
xandar
Reason first!
 
xandar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: KG
Posts: 441
Likes (Received): 205

wow i didn't know this is already or even building!media in europe has failed...
the structure remindes me a litle like palace of culture and science in warsaw.
sorry for the stupid comment...
xandar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:29 PM   #10457
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter
 
Roukaya19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 17,453
Likes (Received): 26335

Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:41 PM   #10458
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter
 
Roukaya19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 17,453
Likes (Received): 26335

Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 22nd, 2011, 08:52 PM   #10459
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter
 
Roukaya19's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Montréal
Posts: 17,453
Likes (Received): 26335

19 December 2011
image hosted on flickr


image hosted on flickr
Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 23rd, 2011, 01:17 AM   #10460
Pablobegood
Registered User
 
Pablobegood's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Paraná, Argentina
Posts: 378
Likes (Received): 46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makkawi.Pk View Post
Problem?
Being a moron with a superiority complex because of a large building? well...not mine certainly
Pablobegood no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 07:25 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu