daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 14th, 2012, 06:01 AM   #10861
SirAdrian
♥ Skyscrapers

Likes (Received): 49

Awesome lightning photos. It reminds you how tall this tower really is, reaching up into the sky.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamiefearon View Post
Really! Non-Muslims aren't allowed into Mecca?
That's disgusting[ly] racist.
No it's not. Do you even know what racism means? People blurt out that word at every opportunity; it has become a vital part in every moron's vocabulary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Сталин View Post
And bias[ed].
What's next, "more worst"?
SirAdrian no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 14th, 2012, 07:23 AM   #10862
Roukaya19
Makkah Reporter

Likes (Received): 26334

Roukaya19 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 10:15 AM   #10863
Zaki
Joi Bangla

Likes (Received): 4

That is the ugliest thing I have seen in my life. Totally destroyed a beautiful city.
Zaki no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 14th, 2012, 04:55 PM   #10864
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaki View Post
That is the ugliest thing I have seen in my life. Totally destroyed a beautiful city.
In a few years when the other Towers behind it are up, it won't look so out of place.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:51 PM   #10865
Xorcist

Likes (Received): 407

Quote:
Really! Non-Muslims aren't allowed into Mecca? That's disgusting racist.
but non-muslim hotels like "Swissôtel Hotels and Resorts" are allowed (okok, itīs part of Fairmont Raffles Hotels International (FRHI) Toronto, Canada which is partly owned by Saudi Arabian Kingdom Holding Company...(but only partly...so the non-muslim Swissôtel is just good enough for Mecca...lol...this is a bit wired))

well Mecca at all doesnīt seem to be a very beautiful city but itīs an historically important city for religious muslims. itīs true that the Sauds destroyed a lot of historical buildings and the whole city is under a huge modification (sometimes i have the impression, that they create a muslim amusement park (remember, you can also pray to some god/allah/buddah/jahwe/ganesh/scientological spaceship in the worst hut...i just saw a nice tv-documentation and there are a lot of muslims who think, itīs a of crime to destroy so much of the rich historical substance of the city...itīs possible to build hotels in the outer districts...(and hey, itīs no religious criticism (believe in the religion to which you want), just something about critical urban planning...in germany we lost a lot of our history during WWII, cities were almost completely wiped out and now, more than 70 years ago we still or AGAIN rebuild some special buildings or places, just to get back a piece of our historical identity...what will be left, if the historical core of mecca is a shiny new city with airconditioned skyscrapers, shopping malls, marble, gold...and european luxury cars ?) whereīs the identity?

Last edited by Xorcist; April 15th, 2012 at 07:23 PM.
Xorcist no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 06:53 PM   #10866
Kiboko
hubba hubba

Likes (Received): 327

Nice tower complex. Hopefully this sets the standard for more.

Quote:
Why do non muslims even want to go there?
Kiboko no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:47 PM   #10867
CrazyDave

Likes (Received): 192

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roukaya19 View Post
That whole in the back side of the Clock Tower, I'm wondering if that's for a connecting bridge once the next faze goes up.
CrazyDave no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 07:48 PM   #10868
Xorcist

Quote:
Nice tower complex. Hopefully this sets the standard for more.

Quote:
Why do non muslims even want to go there?
well...on the one hand i can understand that rule...do you want to pray to some god if there is a fat, halfnaked tourist taking a picture of you, praying? thatīs a very intimate moment...in some christian churches we also have the problem, that stupid tourists donīt keep the rules...as far as i know, muslim worshipers just donīt want to be disturbed while praying to their god...okok, imposing death penalty is an extreme measure...

and...er...personally i donīt like the clocktower...the rest of the building is ok...
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:14 PM   #10869
KingdomTower

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xorcist View Post
well...on the one hand i can understand that rule...do you want to pray to some god if there is a fat, halfnaked tourist taking a picture of you, praying? thatīs a very intimate moment...in some christian churches we also have the problem, that stupid tourists donīt keep the rules...as far as i know, muslim worshipers just donīt want to be disturbed while praying to their god...okok, imposing death penalty is an extreme measure...

and...er...personally i donīt like the clocktower...the rest of the building is ok...
I like the clocktower and the rest of the building

Non-Muslims are allowed to go anywhere in Suadi Arabia except Mecca and Madinah cities
KingdomTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:22 PM   #10870
ThatOneGuy
Psst! Check my signature!

Lol, from the back the whole complex looks like it's flipping you off, especially in the above photo.
ThatOneGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:29 PM   #10871
Skyscrapers144
RISING HIGH

Likes (Received): 1023

Here's my Abraj Al Bait's clock:

(1:1700 Scale)

You should follow me on...
Twitter
Instagram
Tumblr
Skyscrapers144 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 08:38 PM   #10872
Xorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomTower View Post
I like the clocktower and the rest of the building

Non-Muslims are allowed to go anywhere in Suadi Arabia except Mecca and Madinah cities
According to the German Foreign Ministry itīs not that easy. Saudi Arabia is not a tourist travel destination. Visas are not issued for individual tourists. Transit trips by land (for example in the UAE) are not possible. There is only very limited foreign tourism - mainly from neighboring Arab countries. A few group tours with tour leader from western countries are possible. There are strict rules of behavior and clothing that are designed according to the conservative Wahhabi interpretation of Islam.

you can read it here (in german)
Old April 15th, 2012, 09:34 PM   #10873
lady gaga
Mod

Likes (Received): 845

saudia is riled by wahabism thats first and I see a lot of foriegners here in Saudiafrom different places but yeah saudia is a conservative community that's what make saudia unique and special though I don't agree that the women should not drive othere than that I think saudia is oknot awesome but just ok
lady gaga no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:04 PM   #10874
echap2000
Building

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
non-muslims means : arab, turkish,african, chinese, belgian, and all the rest who isn't muslim are not allowed..

Muslims means : arab, turkish ,african, chinese, belgian, and all the rest who is muslim are allowed.

racist ?? absolutely not ! it's just about faith .

Mecca is not a tourist place. sorry
echap2000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 10:20 PM   #10875
KingdomTower

Likes (Received): 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap2000 View Post
you are right

But you can go to Jeddah to see the tallest tower in the world (Kindgdom Tower)
KingdomTower no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 15th, 2012, 11:46 PM   #10876
Eadfrith

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAdrian View Post
Awesome lightning photos. It reminds you how tall this tower really is, reaching up into the sky.

No it's not. Do you even know what racism means? People blurt out that word at every opportunity; it has become a vital part in every moron's vocabulary.

What do you think the reaction would be if Westminster Abbey or St. Paul's Cathedral banned non Christians from entering?
Eadfrith no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:24 AM   #10877
gfd08
Germán

Likes (Received): 171

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roukaya19 View Post
Hi all,

Could anyone tell me if it's going to be a new tower complex / expansion project close to this building? I ask this because of the construction on the right side of the picture.

Thanks!
Old April 16th, 2012, 12:37 AM   #10878
jamiefearon

Likes (Received): 128

Quote:
Originally Posted by SirAdrian View Post

Nobody sees themselves as 'a racist' person. People (like you) try to rationalise it so that you think you are in the right.

You and people like you who would segregate and discriminate are disgusting and are the people who cause most of the problems in history.

jakobnguyen liked this post

Last edited by jamiefearon; April 16th, 2012 at 01:08 AM.
jamiefearon no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 16th, 2012, 01:54 AM   #10879
Xorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingdomTower View Post
you are right

But you can go to Jeddah to see the tallest tower in the world (Kindgdom Tower)
no i canīt because itīs just some wired imagination right now...i can see some plans of a huge building wich will be constructed in some years...maybe...and i donīt have to visit Jeddah for that...just one click on the internet, thatīs enough...
Old April 16th, 2012, 02:01 AM   #10880
Xorcist

Quote:
Originally Posted by echap2000 View Post
non-muslims means : arab, turkish,african, chinese, belgian, and all the rest who isn't muslim are not allowed..

Muslims means : arab, turkish ,african, chinese, belgian, and all the rest who is muslim are allowed.

racist ?? absolutely not ! it's just about faith .

so...NON-muslims...but...non-christians are allowed to visit Basilica Papale di San Pietro in Vaticano (the Papal Basilica of Saint Peter at Vatican City) - no catholic christ will kill anybody else, who believes something different (well, they used to, but thatīs hundreds of years ago...hell i even donīt believe in some kind of god or religion...but i really hate intolerance)...and that place is about some wired kind of faith too (same like mekka...sorry i canīt handle with religion)....

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia