daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old October 23rd, 2007, 03:37 AM   #1121
jkjkjk

Likes (Received): 1

walli, would you mind to stop pollute this thread with your off-topic or trolling posts, even you have special thread for it?

Thanks
jkjkjk no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old October 23rd, 2007, 04:04 AM   #1122
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjkjk View Post
walli, would you mind to stop pollute this thread with your off-topic or trolling posts, even you have special thread for it?

Thanks
My posts are NOT off topic. You need to start accepting that not everyone likes the design choices of this building, and I'm talking about the building itself. that is what this thread is about.

Thanks
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:26 AM   #1123
smussuw
Patriotic Emirati

Likes (Received): 533

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkjkjk View Post

Thanks
smussuw no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:34 AM   #1124
beyond 1000
BANNED

Likes (Received): 74

I don't know if this question has been asked before, but here goes nothing.

Will the powers that be put a restaurant and observation deck on the top? If so does anybody know how high the top habitable floor will be?

Thanks a bunch.
beyond 1000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:58 AM   #1125
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by beyond 1000 View Post
I don't know if this question has been asked before, but here goes nothing.

Will the powers that be put a restaurant and observation deck on the top? If so does anybody know how high the top habitable floor will be?

Thanks a bunch.
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=324

If you take a look at this post here, you can see that they have a viewing deck at the base of the crescent. Now, this was from the slightly shorter version when they first came out with the redesign with the clock, but I don't think that the top has changed in the last redesign...just moved upwards. So...just eyeballing it, maybe 560 m or so? I'm sure Richard could tell us exactly. At any rate, this would be THE viewing deck in the world when finished.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:23 AM   #1126
walli
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie Maea View Post
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=324

If you take a look at this post here, you can see that they have a viewing deck at the base of the crescent. Now, this was from the slightly shorter version when they first came out with the redesign with the clock, but I don't think that the top has changed in the last redesign...just moved upwards. So...just eyeballing it, maybe 560 m or so? I'm sure Richard could tell us exactly. At any rate, this would be THE viewing deck in the world when finished.
Wow! A 560m observation deck would indeed be the highest in the world! Would be able to see desert for miles around!

Would anyone be able to visit it?
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:29 AM   #1127
Hollie Maea

Of course people could visit it. On the other hand, if the Powers That Be find out how much you hate this building, they might exclude you from the welcome list
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:54 AM   #1128
walli
BANNED

Quote:
Of course people could visit it. On the other hand, if the Powers That Be find out how much you hate this building, they might exclude you from the welcome list
The context of my question was, that most parts of the building are only for those staying there - as an example the prayer space will not be available for anyone off the street. Now I might be wrong with that, but this is my current understanding.
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:56 AM   #1129
great184
visionary

Likes (Received): 281

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindgoessnap View Post
I just want to know how they would build such an enormous building.
I don't know how they will, but i know why they will (ego).

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1536278
great184 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 08:08 AM   #1130
Hollie Maea

Quote:
Originally Posted by walli View Post
The context of my question was, that most parts of the building are only for those staying there - as an example the prayer space will not be available for anyone off the street. Now I might be wrong with that, but this is my current understanding.
I don't know the answer to that. But I think the lower levels of the hotel tower will be a shopping mall, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had an elevator up to the viewing deck (for a fee of course) and maybe a restaurant as well. Perhaps some of the Saudi forumers know for sure?
Old October 23rd, 2007, 12:05 PM   #1131
fettekatz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

Quote:
Wow! A 560m observation deck would indeed be the highest in the world! Would be able to see desert for miles around!

Would anyone be able to visit it?
why not?
Though I have to convert to islam just to visit the city, right?

the building itself looks a little bit too tacky for my taste - just like the old stalinist buildings in warzaw
fettekatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 05:43 PM   #1132
DreaM1981

Likes (Received): 3

Quote:
LOL! I'm from North America. It seems you're talking about things of which you are not aware.
I did not say that you are not from North America or Canada, I talked about your origin and sure I mean your parents/grandfathers and so on.

You know that your roots are not from North America so please do not waste our time specially cause most of people from same country you are originally from, they claim that they are from America/Europe when they are born there or living there for long time and they forget their origin lol
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:06 PM   #1133
DreaM1981

Quote:
I don't know the answer to that. But I think the lower levels of the hotel tower will be a shopping mall, so I wouldn't be surprised at all if they had an elevator up to the viewing deck (for a fee of course) and maybe a restaurant as well. Perhaps some of the Saudi forumers know for sure?
That is true 100%. Visitors can pay to go up to the top of this tower.

Lower levels of hotel will not be a shopping mall. In fact, the tower in this project starts from the top pf the podium and up.

You can not tell that podium of the tower is a part of the tower its self since all towers share one podium which are not typical and it is mixed use.

Podium consists of :

Basement 2 To Level 3M:
Shopping mall but part of Basement 2 is a bus station and Part of Level 1 is a tunnel passes through the project from Sarah tower (the left wing) to Al-maqam tower (the another wing).

Level 4:
Studios looking on the holy mosque and second part is Mechanical floor.

Level 5 To Level 8:
Studios looking on the holy mosque and second part is Car parking but got cancelled to be a mall too.

Level 9 & Level 10:
Studios looking on the holy mosque and second part is Prayer area and Islamic Cinema for the islamic history only.

Level 11 And Level 12:
Studios looking on the holy mosque and second part is Reception + Museum

These are all levels of the podium then Towers start.

Last edited by DreaM1981; October 23rd, 2007 at 06:16 PM.
DreaM1981 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:13 PM   #1134
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

Thanks for the info Dream...

Do you know why did they cancel the parking area?
Will there be another parking area or a building?
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 06:22 PM   #1135
DreaM1981

As far I know, they wanted to utilize this area for an extra shopping mall serving the hundreds of thousands who gonna live there in the towers and they think that even if the car parking area is double of the designed one, it will never be enough for almost 60,000 persons living in this project so they cancelled it completely since also most of pilgrimes are not allowed to drive till the holy mosque its self which means that no use of the car parking?

As you know, Saudi police never allows people to drive till the holy mosque if the roads are crowded and they have to stop their cars far from the holy mosques then walk or rent a taxi to go there.

This is what I know and Allahu a'lam (Allah knows best).

Business $$$$$$$$$$$$ and perfect way of thinking to get more income from the shopping mall lol
Old October 23rd, 2007, 07:22 PM   #1136
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM1981 View Post
I did not say that you are not from North America or Canada, I talked about your origin and sure I mean your parents/grandfathers and so on.

You know that your roots are not from North America so please do not waste our time specially cause most of people from same country you are originally from, they claim that they are from America/Europe when they are born there or living there for long time and they forget their origin lol
Not really sure what you're going on about here. Most Americans don't consider themselves European or wherever else their ancestors came from.
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:37 PM   #1137
pennster

Likes (Received): 7

This doesn't look anywhere near 1950 feet tall. Maybe half that plus the spire.
pennster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:40 PM   #1138
pennster

Likes (Received): 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlobalizer View Post
Not really sure what you're going on about here. Most Americans don't consider themselves European or wherever else their ancestors came from.
Are you KIDDING?! Go to any part of Philly, Boston, or NYC (or even parts of Baltimore) and you'll find millions of people who will trace their family right back to Ireland, Italy, Germany, Poland, etc. I'm American but my deepest roots are in Europe. I'm only a first generation American (mother is from Germany).
pennster no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:44 PM   #1139
DreaM1981

Quote:
Originally Posted by pennster View Post
This doesn't look anywhere near 1950 feet tall. Maybe half that plus the spire.
We have a copy of the design drawing and you can find it in the previous posts. How to assume that it is almost the half height while we have the design drawing here???
Old October 23rd, 2007, 09:51 PM   #1140
walli
BANNED

Quote:
People from your country (the origin/the roots) are millions working in Saudi arabia so it has a favour on you and many of your relatives/friends/family.

As we say in arabic countries "You are like the cat, eats and denys the favour"
Quote:

I don't understand how your continued comments on the race of people relates to this thread. I don't think my fellow North Americans, or anyone else for that matter appreciates the undertones of your words. While I don't really know what 'denys' are, the seemingly derogatory comment "you are like the cat, eats and denys the favour" is particularly troubling.

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia