daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 30th, 2007, 02:19 AM   #1441
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadhi View Post
Sorry but I didn't see this comment earlier,

Any sane Muslim would never even think of making any such attacks on the Holy Mosque. Yet, I'm only worried about what would the hatred Muslims do. I'm talking about the racist kind that hates Saudi Arabia and the Arabs in general. Usaully, those people are mentaly ill. You would notice that their stupidity level is just too high once you start having a disucssion with them. You can easily recognize them by bringing the word Saudi in any conversation . They have an abnormal obsession about attacking the Saudis in litarally everything! You also notice that they claim that they are "true" Muslims but you'd laugh at their narrow minds and limited understanding of Islam from pretty much anything they say about Islam or the well known Islamic sites!!!!! It is also almost impossibel for those hatred idiots to say anything positive about Saudi!

Those are the kind of people who I would worry that they could actually make a terrorist attack on the Holy Mosque just to prove to the Muslim world that Saudi cant protect the Isalmic sites! Talk about sick obsession!!

Anyways, I think it is almost impossible to track those people down but extra security measrues should definitely be taken in Abraj Albait. Metal detectors, for example, can be used here to stop any sick minded from taken any kind of weapons to the higher floors.
that sure was far-fetched, you sure have a complex. How does the supportlevels for the Saudi monarchies look?

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2007, 02:23 AM   #1442
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Example of an un-altered picture:
image hosted on flickr

Example of a digitally altered picture - skewed to make the bottom look wider (hence all of the leaning buildings):
image hosted on flickr

by Shehana
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 02:59 AM   #1443
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by walli View Post
I posted a very credible link on the history of the Kaaba. I would encourage you to read and learn about it. I'm not going to get into the political debate you are trying to start, as that is not the intent of this thread.

http://www.archnet.org/library/sites...p?site_id=8801

"During the conflict between Ibn Zubayr, ruler of Mecca, and Umayyad Caliph Mu'awiyah, the Ka'ba was set to fire. The Black Stone broke into three pieces ..."
I didn't say you were wrong in that part (one of the very few correct information you have said so far.. thanks to google)

I was just telling you about the major threat of TODAY that the smart muslims should worry about .. The stupid Muslims worry about historic issues that happened a dozen of centries ago!

Therefore, my worries about the Abraj Albait complex from the hatred terrorists are more realistic
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 03:18 AM   #1444
Riyadhi

Can someone show me the bottleneck that Abraj Albait complex created?

Abraj Albit is actually one of the furthest surrounding buildings from the Grand Mosque.
Besides that it was built on the site of a mountain and opened more squares in front of the Mosque

Another evidence that Walli is full of S**t
Old November 30th, 2007, 03:19 AM   #1445
dettol
Logarithm

Likes (Received): 7

Both of you quit it!!

I brought this up before and this is yet another example of what I was referring to!

walli, stop pushing peoples buttons for the sake of it and stop passing presumptions as fact!

A case and point of what I mean is that so called 'digitally altered picture'. IT IS NOT DIGITALLY ALTERED!! Stop fuelling conflict!! It was taken with a fisheye lens, its what gives the image its unusual characteristics!

Riyadhi, stop persecuting walli and biting his bait. It is obvious from your backlash at every opportunity that you have taken upon this as a mission.

Please stop it.
dettol no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 06:06 AM   #1446
walli
BANNED

Thanks dettol - the bringing in of politics was getting disturbing.

Thank-you for informing that the distortion was due to a lens.
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:22 AM   #1447
Riyadhi

Quote:
Originally Posted by dettol View Post
[SIZE="3"]

Riyadhi, stop persecuting walli and biting his bait. It is obvious from your backlash at every opportunity that you have taken upon this as a mission.

Please stop it.
If you go back to all my previous posts, they are mainly directed not to him but to the other forumers who might belive his lies. My goal was to prove how he is full of s**t. You can go back to the previous three pages of posts and notice how I literally proved his stupidty. I'd like to say that he is driven by hatred but unfortunetly the SSC forum rules don't allow that so he is not and use your judgment

I rest my case here He's going on my ignore list
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:37 AM   #1448
Hollie Maea

Likes (Received): 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by harryc View Post
Are there any considerations being taken to provide a view down ? If I see this correctly the wings or small towers won't block the view from the main tower, but looking down there is an angle beyond which the glass and facade get in the way. I'd imagine windows that slant out slightly would provide this.
There will be an outside observatory. The view will be stunning, I think, with a clear shot to the ground. I'll see if I can find the post that shows this....

Edit: I can't find Dream's original post, but here it is quoted:

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showpo...&postcount=324

I daresay the view from that viewing deck could be the best from any building in the world.

Last edited by Hollie Maea; November 30th, 2007 at 07:45 AM.
Hollie Maea no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 07:57 AM   #1449
abskess
Mega Davao Area, Phils.

Likes (Received): 7

SALAM to all of you brothers and sisters (if theres any)

abskess no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:04 AM   #1450
m-man

Likes (Received): 601

i am tracking walli comments from long time, and as riyadhi said you have hiiden problems with arabs and specially saudies.

your bringing up political issues in your posts either directly or indirectly, and as we discoverd from your posts, you clearly have misunderstandings of many issues,

so to make it fair, I would suggest you declare from where are you , and what is your beliefs and intentions.

I suppose you are a soufi muslim from some where in the far east

so let us know from where are you and what is your intentions from debating,
because it seems that you not only hate the building(abraj al bait) but you have other things that you hate.

to all people that hate the building its their choice, but you walli its a diffrent and more complex story.
m-man no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:07 AM   #1451
m-man

Quote:
I posted a very credible link on the history of the Kaaba. I would encourage you to read and learn about it. I'm not going to get into the political debate you are trying to start, as that is not the intent of this thread.

http://www.archnet.org/library/sites...p?site_id=8801

"During the conflict between Ibn Zubayr, ruler of Mecca, and Umayyad Caliph Mu'awiyah, the Ka'ba was set to fire. The Black Stone broke into three pieces ..."
yes we know that.

but how is that relevant to the thread.

oh You want to say: I Know everything
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:38 AM   #1452
clearsky

Likes (Received): 28

Mecca looks very nice particularly from skyscraper point of view. There are not many cities in the world that would be comparable to Mecca skyscraper wise.

Off the topic, the general hatred that persists amongst the public against the Saudis stem from purely ideological point of view. The values that the current modern (western) civilization adheres to are not necessary on the same line as those with the teachings of the Koran and Sunnah. And that’s where the source of the hatred. The fact that Allah has given the Saudis plenty of resources is also exasperating the level of hatred. Even worse for the haters, the teachings of the Koran and Sunnah is spreading and taking a very strong hold in their own countries.

Just adding my two cents...
clearsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:50 AM   #1453
walli
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by m-man View Post
yes we know that.

but how is that relevant to the thread.

oh You want to say: I Know everything
The context was, people were interested in the history of the Kaaba, which is absolutely central to the Abraj al Bait development. If there was no Kaaba, there would certainly not have been the Abraj al Bait complex. Within the history of the Kaaba, there is the fact that on at least two occasions, the Arabs have damaged it in a significant way. This was precisely the reason the Ottomans had to re-build it (according to the original plans) and then install a castle for its protection. While it was indeed a tangent, it was absolutely relevant. It described how history and heritage had been cherished for so long.

And while "you know that", others may not - so don't speak for the entire forum.

The posts that really were taking us off course were the ones from others bringing in politics. We really need an end to that!

Example of a really off topic post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsky View Post
The fact that Allah has given the Saudis plenty of resources is also exasperating the level of hatred
Get a life man! This is a thread on the Abraj al Bait!

Example of another really off topic post:
Quote:
Originally Posted by m-man View Post
so to make it fair, I would suggest you declare from where are you , and what is your beliefs and intentions.
I'm not sure what you feel is unfair about equal participation and free speech about this project - but at least stick to the topic!
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #1454
m-man

Quote:
The context was, people were interested in the history of the Kaaba, which is absolutely central to the Abraj al Bait development. If there was no Kaaba, there would certainly not have been the Abraj al Bait complex. Within the history of the Kaaba, there is the fact that on at least two occasions, the Arabs have damaged it in a significant way. This was precisely the reason the Ottomans had to re-build it (according to the original plans) and then install a castle for its protection. While it was indeed a tangent, it was absolutely relevant. It described how history and heritage had been cherished for so long.

And while "you know that", others may not - so don't speak for the entire forum.

The posts that really were taking us off course were the ones from others bringing in politics. We really need an end to that!
arabs brought islam to you

arabs are still ruling according to islam, not like you secular country.

we dont need anybody to teach us islam because the quran is in our language. And you have to recite quran in arabic every day
am i right?

and please if you want to talk about rape incidents, fire in hajj, destruction of kaaba( which happend more than 8 times) talk about it in another threads not hear , because we are fed up with your ignorance and incomplete information about many aspects.
Old November 30th, 2007, 08:59 AM   #1455
walli
BANNED

please stick to the topic of the thread

Quote:
Some pilgrims from certain nationalities (during the Hajj season) cannot be tolerated. They come with the intention of sleeping on the streets and parks and the mosque’s squares. I am against granting them entry to the country from the beginning ...

<snip>

cover charge ... It would help filtering out the "unwashed masses"

Quote:
I'd like to say that he is driven by hatred but unfortunetly the SSC forum rules don't allow that so he is not and use your judgment
Unbelievable!

Last edited by walli; November 30th, 2007 at 09:06 AM.
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:11 AM   #1456
m-man

I am sticking to the topic of the thread, dont act as a smart kid

i cant see a bottleneck here
someone is a lier obviously
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:18 AM   #1457
walli
BANNED

Are there any construction updates from those who are actually in Mecca? We haven't had one of those for a while now!

DreaM1981 - anything more on the finishing materials? Have things been pretty smooth with the mall being open while construction continues above?

Also - just picked this up from an article / book review:

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.deccanherald.com/Content/Nov182007/books2007111736283.asp

how they get into the holy city to stop the unholy happenings and whether they really succeed in doing so.

<snip>

The nuggets about the city of Mecca are fascinating, especially the authentic details about the construction of the huge Abraj Al Bait Towers across the Great Mosque, the Bin Laden family and the fact that Uncle Mac Donald beams down on the devotees.
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:57 AM   #1458
Riyadhi

m-man,

welcome to the forum... I highly recommend not wasting your time with this idiot since he has been already exposed. And as Sdare said, click on his name, then add him on the ignore list. All I see under his posts is "This message is hidden because Walli is on your ignore list" ... It's the only way to fliter out the junk posts from this thread
Old November 30th, 2007, 12:37 PM   #1459
DreaM1981

Likes (Received): 3

Someone is trying to spoil the thread again and moderators are closing their eyes for the 10000th times

Walli, all knew it, you never reply to many of our posts which show your lies specially the pictures I posted and the Riyadhi's pictures. You ignore many posts and all got sick of you.

Moderators, is he paying for this forum or what? Just tell us so we can understand
Old November 30th, 2007, 01:14 PM   #1460
Thamerium
!!!Hala Madrid!!!

Likes (Received): 2

We love Makkah and Al-Masjid Al-Haram... All the developement activities in the holy city is normal because it hosts millions of muslems all over the year...
This project is huge and wonderful... and I hope to has a chance to visit it in the near future...
Good job for this project... and thanks for the updates, guys...

أحمد الربعي: تفائلوا .. الكويت مازالت جميلة

Thamerium's Flickr Photostream for Kuwait City Skyline Watch
Thamerium no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia