daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old November 30th, 2007, 04:31 PM   #1461
ska.pre

Likes (Received): 695

is any new photo???????
ska.pre no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:12 PM   #1462
Monkey9000
£€$$ is more

Likes (Received): 338

Wow guys! The Grand Mosque looks absolutly fantastic on those arial photographs! Really a magnificent sight!
Monkey9000 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 09:31 PM   #1463
Alle

Likes (Received): 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by walli View Post
please stick to the topic of the thread

Unbelievable!
The saudis seem a little bit paranoid here

Dont worry about it hehe.

Castles And Fortresses [Alpe Adria] [Bosnia]
Alle no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 10:35 PM   #1464
TheGlobalizer

Likes (Received): 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alle View Post
The saudis seem a little bit paranoid here
You think?

For someone like myself who doesn't give a f*** about religion other than as a historical curiosity, this thread is absolutely mind-boggling.
TheGlobalizer no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2007, 10:43 PM   #1465
Alle

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGlobalizer View Post
You think?

For someone like myself who doesn't give a f*** about religion other than as a historical curiosity, this thread is absolutely mind-boggling.
We have something in common then

Some members here claim that others are arrogant whilst at the same time shining with their complacency

With that being said, im just observing not judging.

Old November 30th, 2007, 11:56 PM   #1466
fettekatz
BANNED

Likes (Received): 47

*signed*

the project is amazing, if only for the massiveness of the buildings or the tacky design

but the best thing are the never-ending discussions here... go on guys
fettekatz no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:17 AM   #1467
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by clearsky View Post
Off the topic, the general hatred that persists amongst the public against the Saudis stem from purely ideological point of view. The values that the current modern (western) civilization adheres to are not necessary on the same line as those with the teachings of the Koran and Sunnah. And that’s where the source of the hatred. The fact that Allah has given the Saudis plenty of resources is also exasperating the level of hatred. Even worse for the haters, the teachings of the Koran and Sunnah is spreading and taking a very strong hold in their own countries.
I agree...
The haters are still in denial of the Saudi reality ... Big part of it is jealusy too...!!
They wonder: "How an empty desert turned into the biggest influncial country in the Arab and Islamic world?"
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:24 AM   #1468
saladin1970

Likes (Received): 0

more than that

Quote:
Originally Posted by *UofT* View Post
What motivates him to click on the thread title?

Clearly he doesn't like the project? What drives him? And its not like he posts every now and then its quite persistent.

I know the common anti-Saudi arguments and agenda's out there and almost all of his posts have hinted at that. You may not be aware of it but there are a lot of muslims out there that just despise the Saudi's for the sect of Islam that they follow. Walli is one of them.

Mind you Malec a lot of his posts have been condescending, But most muslims that post on this thread know that Walli is religiously motivated when he just bashes the project. Lets not forget some of his older posts.
It is not just the soofiyah against the Salafis, it is also the turks, and the asians in western countries.
The Uk is full of asian muslims, and they resent the inequalities between saudis (gulf states) and the asian workers.It is most definately something the gulf will have to address, or it will be a problem in the future

As for the building. When you consider that Islam has some of the most beautiful architecture the world has know, such as the al-hambra, or the taj mahal, or ottoman mosques, then this building falls quite flat. For so much money and its location, it should not have been so "busy"
saladin1970 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:37 AM   #1469
*UofT*

Likes (Received): 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riyadhi View Post
Can someone show me the bottleneck that Abraj Albait complex created?

Abraj Albit is actually one of the furthest surrounding buildings from the Grand Mosque.
Besides that it was built on the site of a mountain and opened more squares in front of the Mosque

Another evidence that Walli is full of S**t

There OBVIOUSLY ISN'T a Bottleneck with the Abraj Al Bait, In the ealier Post he had no Idea where the Abraj Al Bait was positioned!!, THAT EVEN AFTER HAVING BEEN POSTING ON THIS THREAD FOR HOW MANY MONTHS NOW!!

He obviously has no clue what he was talking about and was caught lying.

End of the freaking "bottleneck" and "Kaaba Perimeter Wall" debates I hope people have realized how far this guy would go to create a problem for this project to the point where he'll start inventing shit

damn.
*UofT* no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:36 AM   #1470
Riyadhi

Likes (Received): 14

Is he still talking about the bottleneck ?????
Riyadhi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:45 AM   #1471
*UofT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by walli View Post

That's a great picture, as it gives a good idea of how many people can be in and around the Kaaba complex at any one time. Someone had mentioned how the numbers keep trending up - wonder how it will work when there are twice as many people?

The area I was talking about is in the bottom right of this picture, IE where the space between the Abraj al Bait development and the perimeter wall of the Kaaba complex (IE the grand mosque) is the smallest. It seems to be the bottleneck.

If anyone can read what he wrote and the picture and area he's referring to clearly he has absolutely NO CLUE of where Abraj Al Bait is positioned Infact he didn't realize the Picture was Taken from a top one of Abraj complex's towers but by far the best invention of his is the Kaaba perimeter wall

Some people just need to stop when they realize other's have figured them out.

Last edited by *UofT*; December 1st, 2007 at 01:55 AM.
Old December 1st, 2007, 02:00 AM   #1472
*UofT*

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreaM1981 View Post
Someone is trying to spoil the thread again and moderators are closing their eyes for the 10000th times

Walli, all knew it, you never reply to many of our posts which show your lies specially the pictures I posted and the Riyadhi's pictures. You ignore many posts and all got sick of you.

Moderators, is he paying for this forum or what? Just tell us so we can understand
If I understand correctly there was a specific thread created to discuss the impact of this tower on the surrounding areas. That thread was specifically created to keep non-construction discussion out of this thread(Walli ) but obviously that hasn't happened. The mods are either too lazy or just captivated by the Burj Dubai thread like the rest of us.
Old December 1st, 2007, 02:36 AM   #1473
walli
BANNED

Likes (Received): 27

Quote:
... and was caught lying.
When and about what?

Quote:
If I understand correctly there was a specific thread created to discuss the impact of this tower on the surrounding areas.
Actually - that is not the case. The separate thread is entitled "Mecca: New skyscrapers destroying Islamic heritage?". It is actually a very good thread, and I'd encourage everyone to read through it!

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=531080

Thanks for bringing this to our attention again, as there may have been new forumers that didn't have the privilege of reading the original article that started that one!

Last edited by walli; December 1st, 2007 at 08:44 AM.
walli no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 02:39 AM   #1474
*UofT*

Refer to posts below
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:48 AM   #1475
memot_jr_jr
i am malaysian

Likes (Received): 0

i'm sure that mecca is crowded by now due to the hajj pilgrims. what date will Aidiladha fall???
memot_jr_jr no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 12:57 PM   #1476
DreaM1981

Likes (Received): 3

Still moderators are sleeping or closing their eyes. Where is Malec? he said that he is keeping an eye on this thread specially!!!

I hope he replies to know that he is reading. Where is the admin? GRRRRRRR before I get mad and lose my temper, I hope someone takes action against this ignorant/arrogant walli.

Again he is ignoring all of the posts about his ignorant comments and he could not even reply to any of my picture or riyadhi's picture.

Ignorant!!
Old December 1st, 2007, 01:18 PM   #1477
BlackSmith!
Peace sells...

Likes (Received): 6

Ever heard of PMs?
BlackSmith! no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 04:44 PM   #1478
Peloso

Likes (Received): 245

I mean, Riyadhi and Dream and now Uoft, you're discussing with Walli, since you are replying EVERY TIME and even posting photos to demonstrate your point as opposed to his. So why are you complaining that Walli is going off-topic? I don't understand this. More, Walli is being annoying for sure, but not arrogant, whereas you're being arrogant and sounding immature in your replies with your silly smilies and laughies. Also I believe the space around the buildings is a relevant issue to the construction thread - especially if the place is such a sensitive one. I, too, think Walli should limit his interventions, but his posts are legitimate nevertheless.

Last edited by Peloso; December 1st, 2007 at 04:49 PM.
Peloso no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old December 1st, 2007, 05:16 PM   #1479
DreaM1981

Likes (Received): 3

we reply in good/proper way but when he insists to be arrogant and even ignores admiting that he is wrong/mistaken, it annoys anyone for sure.

About space issue, we replied and we knew that he does not even know what he is talking about or where the exact location of this project.

He did not know the exact location and he still insists that he is right. He is here just to attack this project and we all know it VERY WELL but moderators are closing their eyes and we got enough from this ignorant user.

If the moderators did not take action, I will use same way of walli's posts and trust me the thread will be spoiled.

urdu - arab - originally - non western - favour - deny - as usual - nation

hangman game
Old December 2nd, 2007, 12:43 AM   #1480
Alle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peloso View Post
I mean, Riyadhi and Dream and now Uoft, you're discussing with Walli, since you are replying EVERY TIME and even posting photos to demonstrate your point as opposed to his. So why are you complaining that Walli is going off-topic? I don't understand this. More, Walli is being annoying for sure, but not arrogant, whereas you're being arrogant and sounding immature in your replies with your silly smilies and laughies. Also I believe the space around the buildings is a relevant issue to the construction thread - especially if the place is such a sensitive one. I, too, think Walli should limit his interventions, but his posts are legitimate nevertheless.
I got the same impression as you

Tags
abraj al bait, saudi arabia