daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 21st, 2006, 06:12 AM   #41
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka
thats a awesome picture, I like that they added that blue thing on top.....very cool
SaRaJeVo-City no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 21st, 2006, 06:51 AM   #42
Dziggy

Likes (Received): 1124

Well, the fact is that Serbia and Belgrade have a lot of investments if you compare the unsolved status of the country with Montenegro, and problems with Kosovo.

Investitors have the aversion at the start when they see that the country hasn't solved status. Especially when they see the economic situation on Kosovo which is terrible, and Kosovo is still formally part of Serbia.

In spite of Kosovo, Serbia gets more and more investments, and when Serbia solves problems with Kosovo and Montenegro, which are slowing Serbian economic gorwth (criminal has a lot of influence in economy of Montenegro and Kosovo, some people here say that their economy is actually criminal ), we expect a big economic boom! I must add that economy and paying system of Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia are completelyseparate and independent- even national values are different- in Montenegro and Kosovo it is Euro, and in Serbia is national value -dinar.

Many economic magasines are writing that Serbia is a real place to invest. The main European corridors are passing thru Serbia and Belgrade, highways, Danube, air corridors, which will have a great influence in future Serbian economy, and development of Belgrade.

Serbia has great spa potetntial, the richest country with mineral waters in eastern Europe,a very high production of cereal in nothern part, and a big food exporter, the biggest exporter of plumbs and piggs per citizen in the world.

This year, Belgrade was the winner on the competition that was organised by "Financial Times" as the future city of Southern Europe.

SOUTHERN EUROPE/SOUTH-EAST CENTRAL EUROPE:

Winner: Belgrade, Serbia

Serbia’s economy grew at 8.6% in 2004 and GDP growth is expected to exceed 6% in 2005. Total investment in Serbia in 2005 is estimated to be €1.65bn and significant recent investors include Italy’s Banca Intesa, US company Ball Packaging and Germany’s Metro Cash & Carry. Metro’s facility in Belgrade was the largest greenfield investment in south-east Europe in 2004. In addition, Microsoft has established its first software development centre in south-east Europe in Belgrade.

Although Belgrade is not as beautiful as some other cities like Prague, Vienna, Budapest), do not forget the grait cosmopolitan spirit of Belgrade that was kept from 50's till 90's, when Belgrade was most open city in EE , while all other EE countries were under strict comunism. And do not forget the sweet old city center with a great fortress, great fun that everyone likes here, and extremly good looking girls
Old April 23rd, 2006, 02:31 PM   #43
Luka

Likes (Received): 2802

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaRaJeVo-City
If you think that is beautiful then you have 0 taste....thats the ugliest thing that was ever build on the balkans, its like a huge commie....NASTY!
When I was younger I hated this building but as time passes I respect it more. It is one of only a few communist landmarks left in the city (don’t get me wrong, I’m not communist it’s just nice to have one left from that period and chapter of Serbian history).
Old April 23rd, 2006, 02:32 PM   #44
Luka

Some good news! The location of the Verano Tower has been confirmed behind GENEX! So for the first time we will have two skyscrapers next to each other.
One – the gateway of the old Yugoslavia
The other – the future of Serbia

Verano Tower would be the green thing
Old April 23rd, 2006, 02:37 PM   #45
Luka

This will be the location for these towers

The green thing is the location

(next to the newly built Europe Business Center on the left - as seen)
Old April 24th, 2006, 12:17 PM   #46
FM 2258

Likes (Received): 611

Quote:
Some good news! The location of the Verano Tower has been confirmed behind GENEX! So for the first time we will have two skyscrapers next to each other.

I think the Genex tower looks pretty cool.
FM 2258 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 01:24 PM   #47
goschio
proud Kuffar

Likes (Received): 4197

Quote:

Hope they will demolish that GENEX tower soon. It would just spoil the view of the Verano tower.

Matthew 7:25
And the rain descended, and the floods came, and the winds blew, and beat upon that house; and it fell: and great was the fall of it.
goschio no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 02:12 PM   #48
_zner_
Optional Information

Likes (Received): 78

very nice... coping up slowly...
_zner_ no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 10:56 PM   #49
Nightsky
Illustrator

Likes (Received): 3695

I think Genex Tower just need a recladding of the exterior. Otherwise there will not be a skyline, only one tower.

Website about my travels and buildings in USA and Europe -many cool pics:
http://www.worldtravelimages.net

All my diagram drawings - more than 700!:
http://skyscraperpage.com/diagrams/?14670510
Nightsky no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2006, 11:03 PM   #50
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED

Isnt there any free huge space in beograd?, where all these towers can be build next to each other...something like a business center or so...I think that would look cooler, rather then several towers all over the city....because it seems all EE cities are making these downtown areas with skylines at a curtain spot and I think beograd should do the same it would look very cool.
Old April 25th, 2006, 12:57 AM   #51
Olen

Likes (Received): 0

Shajt!
I thought i still have some time before Belgrade speeds up! I was planning to move there in two years of so! Dammit!

Anyway, i'm very happy!
Go Belgrade!
Olen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 01:37 AM   #52
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Olen
Shajt!
I thought i still have some time before Belgrade speeds up! I was planning to move there in two years of so! Dammit!

Anyway, i'm very happy!
Go Belgrade!
Wait u live in Warsaw? Cuz if u do I would never move from there.
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:24 AM   #53
Olen

Likes (Received): 0

Right now I'm in Bucharest - living is one thing and business is another.
i'm a rookie and its easier for me to exist in booming markets - like Romania.
In Warsaw theres too many experienced, well connected sharks, no space for little fish like me.
So its Bucharest for 2 years and who knows what next..

Surely one day I'll go back to Warsaw - I love it!

Cheers!
Olen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 10:31 AM   #54
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 755

Nice project for Belgrade and that building is really interesting.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:18 PM   #55
Belgrade Girl
Srpkinja – naturally

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaRaJeVo-City
Isnt there any free huge space in beograd?, where all these towers can be build next to each other...something like a business center or so...I think that would look cooler, rather then several towers all over the city....because it seems all EE cities are making these downtown areas with skylines at a curtain spot and I think beograd should do the same it would look very cool.
Well as you can see Verano Tower is being built next to GENEX Tower and The Delta Residential Towers are being built close to Usce Tower. Plus Usce Tower will get a twin next to it.

Here is some Usce Tower 2 information

Reconstruction work on the first Ušće building started in early 2003 and was carried out by European Construction. The reconstruction was completed in 2005 while the official opening took place in July that year. The multi million-dollar project has 25 stories, totaling around 25,000 square meters of office space. An observation deck, fitness area and cafe are located on the last level of the building.

The Usce complex when completed in the following three years will become one of the most modern and elite business centres in the Balkans. A second twin building will be built by 2007 and a multifunctional office-commerical-sports centre will be built. The net lettable area in the complex will be 180000 square metres and the construction will cost 160 million Euros. Underground there will be a hypermarket with over 12000 square metres. There will also be one underground floor of the shopping mall, while the remaining two floors of the mall will be above ground. The shopping mall will have a total commercial space area of 36000 square metres and will feature cafes, restaurants, boutiques, stores, furniture stores, banks, and pharmacies. The third part of the complex will have a multiplex theatre and sports recreation centre.

In the last 5 years Ušće Tower 1 has hired 80,000 workers. From the construction workers to current building workers and security.

Future look of Ušće Tower complex
Belgrade Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 25th, 2006, 04:25 PM   #56
Belgrade Girl
Srpkinja – naturally

Likes (Received): 1

The New Belgrade skyline, soon, with some skyscrapers will look good (now pretty empty)

Old Belgrade skyline - only one high building but there will be no skyscraper development in that area and I must say I agree with that. The old area is full of old buildings and a glass skyscraper just wouldn't fit that environment

]
Belgrade Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 26th, 2006, 10:53 AM   #57
Luka

This is how the Belgrade skyline will look like with only 3 of the projects listed
Old April 28th, 2006, 05:56 AM   #58
SinCity
Streetwalker

Likes (Received): 101

I doubt many of these proposals will ever get built because Serbia is still economically weak and although there has been some investments in the past couple of years there is a long way to go. There simply isn't enough demand for office space to see all of these towers built in Belgrade.

Belgrade has to complete will all of the surrounding capital cities, many of which are either in the EU or will soon will be.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 29th, 2006, 08:37 AM   #59
Luka

You are very wrong

Serbia has been proclaimed the most invested country in the Balkans of 2005
And all of these projects will get built. Ušće Tower 1 has been built and the same company is building tower 2. You said Usce 1 will never be built but look at it now, All Delta projects are always built (they are the biggest company in Serbia and are spreading to Slovenia and other countries in the region) Avaa Tower is already been given the funding and Verano is a Greek company that has already built many projects in Belgrade.
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:19 PM   #60
Luka

from stevan