daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives



Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.


Reply

 
Thread Tools
Old April 29th, 2006, 03:39 PM   #61
hellolazyness
Registered User
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: London/Midlands
Posts: 1,705
Likes (Received): 113

Interesting proposals. Sorry to say but the GENEX tower is...horrible
hellolazyness no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 30th, 2006, 05:38 AM   #62
Belgrade Girl
Srpkinja – naturally
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Belgrade ~ Беоґрад, Serbia
Posts: 381
Likes (Received): 1

many agree with you
Belgrade Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 07:25 AM   #63
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Saraybosna, BH
Posts: 3,731
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka


from stevan

That seems awesome, even tho I wish the design/structure of USCE 2 was something different but still its killer. There is free space around thoso towers, it would of been killer if they used the free space and all made a business bay.

@Belgrade Girl- Thanks for the info...
SaRaJeVo-City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2006, 01:53 PM   #64
Luka
Registered User
 
Luka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 8,341
Likes (Received): 2808

yeah it would be nice to start a cluster there
__________________
Ko je jutros imao sreće da se probudi u Beogradu može smatrati da je za danas dovoljno postigao u životu. Svako insistiranje na još nečemu, bilo bi neskromno
Duško Radović
Luka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2006, 04:44 AM   #65
SinCity
Streetwalker
 
SinCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sodom & Gomorrah
Posts: 7,024
Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka
You are very wrong

Serbia has been proclaimed the most invested country in the Balkans of 2005
And all of these projects will get built. Ušće Tower 1 has been built and the same company is building tower 2. You said Usce 1 will never be built but look at it now, All Delta projects are always built (they are the biggest company in Serbia and are spreading to Slovenia and other countries in the region) Avaa Tower is already been given the funding and Verano is a Greek company that has already built many projects in Belgrade.
I dont know about Serbia being the "most invested" country in the Balkans ?????

Anyway, all of these tower proposals are speculative. They wont be built unless more than half of each tower gets a firm commitment that they will be leased. No-one is going to throw down a huge amount of money for a tower that they are not sure whether it will be leased or not.

IMO, the only tower I can see being realistically built is USCE 2. (BTW USCE 1 which is an older tower that has a new facade - I only said that it was so slow with the recladding which took a ridiculous 3 years to complete. I'd hate to see how long it would take them to build a new tower from scratch )

Besix wont build a 400m tower. Belgrade isn't Dubai. You dont even get 400m tall stuctures in super cities let alone Belgrade which only has a couple of 100m tall buildings.

Verano only holds the land tittle but are looking for someone else to jointly build the tower with them as they cannot do it alone.

Delta is the only successful company in Serbia but I have the feeling they will concentrate more on retail projects which is more profitable and more their business focus. Their tower proposals are just optional for a later date if the the economy ever picks up and there is interest for office space in Belgrade.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:14 PM   #66
Belgrade Girl
Srpkinja – naturally
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Belgrade ~ Беоґрад, Serbia
Posts: 381
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
I dont know about Serbia being the "most invested" country in the Balkans ?????

Anyway, all of these tower proposals are speculative. They wont be built unless more than half of each tower gets a firm commitment that they will be leased. No-one is going to throw down a huge amount of money for a tower that they are not sure whether it will be leased or not.

IMO, the only tower I can see being realistically built is USCE 2. (BTW USCE 1 which is an older tower that has a new facade - I only said that it was so slow with the recladding which took a ridiculous 3 years to complete. I'd hate to see how long it would take them to build a new tower from scratch )

Besix wont build a 400m tower. Belgrade isn't Dubai. You dont even get 400m tall stuctures in super cities let alone Belgrade which only has a couple of 100m tall buildings.

Verano only holds the land tittle but are looking for someone else to jointly build the tower with them as they cannot do it alone.

Delta is the only successful company in Serbia but I have the feeling they will concentrate more on retail projects which is more profitable and more their business focus. Their tower proposals are just optional for a later date if the the economy ever picks up and there is interest for office space in Belgrade.
I certainly wouldn’t go as far as saying that Delta is the only successful company in Serbia. As for the towers we will see. BESIX out of all of those (excluding Usce and Delta Towers) looks like the most likely tower. A article posted on BESIX website says that they have found many companies willing to jointly build the tower. A decision about the block where it is supposed to be built is handed down this month.
Belgrade Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:35 PM   #67
Luka
Registered User
 
Luka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 8,341
Likes (Received): 2808

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
I dont know about Serbia being the "most invested" country in the Balkans ?????

Anyway, all of these tower proposals are speculative. They wont be built unless more than half of each tower gets a firm commitment that they will be leased. No-one is going to throw down a huge amount of money for a tower that they are not sure whether it will be leased or not.

IMO, the only tower I can see being realistically built is USCE 2. (BTW USCE 1 which is an older tower that has a new facade - I only said that it was so slow with the recladding which took a ridiculous 3 years to complete. I'd hate to see how long it would take them to build a new tower from scratch )

Besix wont build a 400m tower. Belgrade isn't Dubai. You dont even get 400m tall stuctures in super cities let alone Belgrade which only has a couple of 100m tall buildings.

Verano only holds the land tittle but are looking for someone else to jointly build the tower with them as they cannot do it alone.

Delta is the only successful company in Serbia but I have the feeling they will concentrate more on retail projects which is more profitable and more their business focus. Their tower proposals are just optional for a later date if the the economy ever picks up and there is interest for office space in Belgrade.

I’m still waiting for the day you say something positive about Serbia
__________________
Ko je jutros imao sreće da se probudi u Beogradu može smatrati da je za danas dovoljno postigao u životu. Svako insistiranje na još nečemu, bilo bi neskromno
Duško Radović
Luka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 2nd, 2006, 12:39 PM   #68
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Abu Kamarran, Karachi
Posts: 1,984
Likes (Received): 6

What happened to the 300m proposed in Zagreb, huh?
SkylineTurbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 07:21 AM   #69
Islom
BANNED
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Posts: 344
Likes (Received): 0

Why, its been moved to Belgrade, along with the entire Croatian Coca-Cola operations
Islom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 3rd, 2006, 08:18 PM   #70
MIMICA
Registered User
 
Join Date: Jul 2004
Posts: 3,004
Likes (Received): 4

I wish Belgrade the best of luck on building all its proposed and approved projects.
MIMICA no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 04:54 AM   #71
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Abu Kamarran, Karachi
Posts: 1,984
Likes (Received): 6

@ 21may - This is a construction thread not a ground for your anti-Serb crap.

Serbia went under UN sanctions and was bombed in 1999... you don't expect Serbia to have an all-consuming economy, of course it coulden't have developed easily.

You're wrong about not having Islamic friends... Serbia has been a great friend of countries such as Libya, Morocco, Iran, etc.
SkylineTurbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 06:26 AM   #72
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Saraybosna, BH
Posts: 3,731
Likes (Received): 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkylineTurbo
Serbia has been a great friend ...........Iran, etc.
I don't think Serbia has a strong relationship with Iran, since Iran was one of the most Anti Serbian countries during the balkan war. I think the only nation that has a strong relationship with Iran would be Bosnia, everyone else probably just buys oil from them and thats it. Any way back to topic!
SaRaJeVo-City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 06:40 AM   #73
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Abu Kamarran, Karachi
Posts: 1,984
Likes (Received): 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaRaJeVo-City
I don't think Serbia has a strong relationship with Iran, since Iran was one of the most Anti Serbian countries during the balkan war. I think the only nation that has a strong relationship with Iran would be Bosnia, everyone else probably just buys oil from them and thats it. Any way back to topic!
Iran recently signed a security agreement with Serbia (that stunned a lot of people, it's because Serbia's problem with getting in the EU), Serbia and Iran are now much more friendly than during the Bosnian war, but you're right, back to the topic.
SkylineTurbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:11 AM   #74
Vrachar
Registered User
 
Vrachar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 5,063
Likes (Received): 1627

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21may
You dont have to be negative about Serbia,now just think what has Belgrade or Serbia accomplished after breakup of Yugoslavia?.When Belgrade was capital of Yugoslavia,all the money came their way,and new residential buildings were built,and Belgrade grew from muddy village into a mega city,not thanks to Milosevic or new Serbia,but thanks to oppurtunity to steal and cheat other republics of former Yugoslavia.Beogradanka,Usce and other buildings are product of that time when Serbia built Belgrade-Bar railway station and when cities grew by 10 fold

After breakup of Yugoslavia we see obvious!
Croatia has built more then 500 km of highway since 1992,invested by billions in tourism industry and not to mention it has potential to grew even further,especially in tourism field.Not no mention those building besides railways,factories and obvious building construction like Hoto constructed 100 m tall building,built after 1992 like rest of Croatia.Croatia is now at this stage some 40-50 years ahead of Serbia,and instead of make belief projects,they have actually accomplished something and not talk over the internet and dream mega cities,mansions ,towers and highways which Serbia dont have right now.

Croatia was deeply divided country,during the time when all Serbs were rooting for Slobo to bring them their Greater Serbia,and now it approaches Eu.And it has potential to grow even more,with favourable location between all the major routes between northern,central and eastern Europe

Ok,enough for Croatia,lest continue now

Slovenia small country,but economy is nearer to Austria then Greece,Its newest Eu country that has clean roads,schools,economy boom,and is richer from some Eu countries like Portugal,Greece

Serbia has let me guess this all for future developers to consider now!
1)Failed state status
2)Status of the country that is currently on trial for genocide,maybe some dont know that?
3) Only country in Europe being jointly bombed into oblivion by Eu and Nato allies
4) Shaky future,soon Montenegro is deciding whether will break from Serbia or not
5)No friend and allies in Islamic world or Western,Not even closest ally Russia will publicly support Serbia.No loby,corrupt government and perhaps even a new political party taking country in Serb Radical party(Sds)
Then there are mob killings,fact that Kosovo already has his football club in Uefa,and that Kosovo is clearly being setup as a new country,sooner or later

Serbia unlike Croatia doesnt have location for tourism,no sea,and i doubt all those people will flock into Cacak or Guca listen to Serb folklor,while they have new and closer cultured countries from Croatia,Slovenia and many more

Why would any other foreign businessman invest 100 mil $ into Serbia,knowing that Serbia has no economy,roads are dirt poor,political future is almost doomed,and perhaps new government could instigate another war in the Balkans.Balkan boom town,where they couldnt repair old highway Skoplje-Belgrade,where main railway station soon might connect two countries,instead of one,and where people have nothing and corruption rules.Hello,Zagreb,Ljubljana,Skoplje,Sarajevo but not Belgrade

And not righ now,when General Mladic is hiding and Eu is threatening sanctions
When third round of talks for Kosovo are underway
When country could become Serbia and Montenegro in few days,two and not one


I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of 56 clones of SinCity. Of all Croatian SSC members only he can be able to write such BS!
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 09:29 AM   #75
Luka
Registered User
 
Luka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 8,341
Likes (Received): 2808

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21may
You dont have to be negative about Serbia,now just think what has Belgrade or Serbia accomplished after breakup of Yugoslavia?.When Belgrade was capital of Yugoslavia,all the money came their way,and new residential buildings were built,and Belgrade grew from muddy village into a mega city,not thanks to Milosevic or new Serbia,but thanks to oppurtunity to steal and cheat other republics of former Yugoslavia.Beogradanka,Usce and other buildings are product of that time when Serbia built Belgrade-Bar railway station and when cities grew by 10 fold

After breakup of Yugoslavia we see obvious!
Croatia has built more then 500 km of highway since 1992,invested by billions in tourism industry and not to mention it has potential to grew even further,especially in tourism field.Not no mention those building besides railways,factories and obvious building construction like Hoto constructed 100 m tall building,built after 1992 like rest of Croatia.Croatia is now at this stage some 40-50 years ahead of Serbia,and instead of make belief projects,they have actually accomplished something and not talk over the internet and dream mega cities,mansions ,towers and highways which Serbia dont have right now.

Croatia was deeply divided country,during the time when all Serbs were rooting for Slobo to bring them their Greater Serbia,and now it approaches Eu.And it has potential to grow even more,with favourable location between all the major routes between northern,central and eastern Europe

Ok,enough for Croatia,lest continue now

Slovenia small country,but economy is nearer to Austria then Greece,Its newest Eu country that has clean roads,schools,economy boom,and is richer from some Eu countries like Portugal,Greece

Serbia has let me guess this all for future developers to consider now!
1)Failed state status
2)Status of the country that is currently on trial for genocide,maybe some dont know that?
3) Only country in Europe being jointly bombed into oblivion by Eu and Nato allies
4) Shaky future,soon Montenegro is deciding whether will break from Serbia or not
5)No friend and allies in Islamic world or Western,Not even closest ally Russia will publicly support Serbia.No loby,corrupt government and perhaps even a new political party taking country in Serb Radical party(Sds)
Then there are mob killings,fact that Kosovo already has his football club in Uefa,and that Kosovo is clearly being setup as a new country,sooner or later

Serbia unlike Croatia doesnt have location for tourism,no sea,and i doubt all those people will flock into Cacak or Guca listen to Serb folklor,while they have new and closer cultured countries from Croatia,Slovenia and many more

Why would any other foreign businessman invest 100 mil $ into Serbia,knowing that Serbia has no economy,roads are dirt poor,political future is almost doomed,and perhaps new government could instigate another war in the Balkans.Balkan boom town,where they couldnt repair old highway Skoplje-Belgrade,where main railway station soon might connect two countries,instead of one,and where people have nothing and corruption rules.Hello,Zagreb,Ljubljana,Skoplje,Sarajevo but not Belgrade

And not righ now,when General Mladic is hiding and Eu is threatening sanctions
When third round of talks for Kosovo are underway
When country could become Serbia and Montenegro in few days,two and not one
Sorry you had to make an alias SinCity like the 50 others you have maid over the last 2 years.
__________________
Ko je jutros imao sreće da se probudi u Beogradu može smatrati da je za danas dovoljno postigao u životu. Svako insistiranje na još nečemu, bilo bi neskromno
Duško Radović
Luka no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 4th, 2006, 01:11 PM   #76
SkylineTurbo
|| PAKISTAN ZINDABAD ||
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Abu Kamarran, Karachi
Posts: 1,984
Likes (Received): 6

Oh, another thing about Serbs, we don't post bullshit about our neighbouring countries to actually make them look bad... Croatia, unlike Serbia, still has dangerous no-go mine areas. You were also the ones behind Operation Storm where you and your 'heroj' Gotovina expelled over 100 000 Serbs from the Krajina region. Not to forget, you and your heros The Ustasa who you guys are so in love with are staunch Neo-Nazis, nice to have that on your record heh Croatia? While Serbia was working their arse off and trying to get rid of the Nazis, Croatia supported them...

Now, can we please get back onto the topic damnit!
SkylineTurbo no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 05:52 AM   #77
SinCity
Streetwalker
 
SinCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sodom & Gomorrah
Posts: 7,024
Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vrachar


I wouldn't be surprised if this is one of 56 clones of SinCity. Of all Croatian SSC members only he can be able to write such BS!


Hehehe. You are totally wrong. Far from the point to be exact. LMAO.
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 05:54 AM   #78
SinCity
Streetwalker
 
SinCity's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2002
Location: Sodom & Gomorrah
Posts: 7,024
Likes (Received): 102

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka
Sorry you had to make an alias SinCity like the 50 others you have maid over the last 2 years.
Nice pics of skyscrapers. So when are you going to build one????
SinCity no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 07:18 AM   #79
Mali
קוסובו היא סרביה
 
Mali's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Miami-Tel Aviv
Posts: 1,397
Likes (Received): 70

Nothing comes overnight.
Good luck to Belgrade!
__________________
Conquered, we conquer.

République du Mali

Republic of Mali
Un peuple, un but, une foi.
Mali no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 11:17 AM   #80
Belgrade Girl
Srpkinja – naturally
 
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Belgrade ~ Беоґрад, Serbia
Posts: 381
Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinCity
Nice pics of skyscrapers. So when are you going to build one????
So Croatia built 10 skyscrapers overnight
Belgrade Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote


Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Related topics on SkyscraperCity


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 02:16 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Feedback Buttons provided by Advanced Post Thanks / Like (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

vBulletin Optimisation provided by vB Optimise (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2017 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SkyscraperCity ☆ In Urbanity We trust ☆ about us | privacy policy | DMCA policy

Hosted by Blacksun, dedicated to this site too!
Forum server management by DaiTengu