daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 5th, 2006, 11:18 AM   #81
Belgrade Girl
Srpkinja – naturally

Likes (Received): 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 21may
You dont have to be negative about Serbia,now just think what has Belgrade or Serbia accomplished after breakup of Yugoslavia?.When Belgrade was capital of Yugoslavia,all the money came their way,and new residential buildings were built,and Belgrade grew from muddy village into a mega city,not thanks to Milosevic or new Serbia,but thanks to oppurtunity to steal and cheat other republics of former Yugoslavia.Beogradanka,Usce and other buildings are product of that time when Serbia built Belgrade-Bar railway station and when cities grew by 10 fold

After breakup of Yugoslavia we see obvious!
Croatia has built more then 500 km of highway since 1992,invested by billions in tourism industry and not to mention it has potential to grew even further,especially in tourism field.Not no mention those building besides railways,factories and obvious building construction like Hoto constructed 100 m tall building,built after 1992 like rest of Croatia.Croatia is now at this stage some 40-50 years ahead of Serbia,and instead of make belief projects,they have actually accomplished something and not talk over the internet and dream mega cities,mansions ,towers and highways which Serbia dont have right now.

Croatia was deeply divided country,during the time when all Serbs were rooting for Slobo to bring them their Greater Serbia,and now it approaches Eu.And it has potential to grow even more,with favourable location between all the major routes between northern,central and eastern Europe

Ok,enough for Croatia,lest continue now

Slovenia small country,but economy is nearer to Austria then Greece,Its newest Eu country that has clean roads,schools,economy boom,and is richer from some Eu countries like Portugal,Greece

Serbia has let me guess this all for future developers to consider now!
1)Failed state status
2)Status of the country that is currently on trial for genocide,maybe some dont know that?
3) Only country in Europe being jointly bombed into oblivion by Eu and Nato allies
4) Shaky future,soon Montenegro is deciding whether will break from Serbia or not
5)No friend and allies in Islamic world or Western,Not even closest ally Russia will publicly support Serbia.No loby,corrupt government and perhaps even a new political party taking country in Serb Radical party(Sds)
Then there are mob killings,fact that Kosovo already has his football club in Uefa,and that Kosovo is clearly being setup as a new country,sooner or later

Serbia unlike Croatia doesnt have location for tourism,no sea,and i doubt all those people will flock into Cacak or Guca listen to Serb folklor,while they have new and closer cultured countries from Croatia,Slovenia and many more

Why would any other foreign businessman invest 100 mil $ into Serbia,knowing that Serbia has no economy,roads are dirt poor,political future is almost doomed,and perhaps new government could instigate another war in the Balkans.Balkan boom town,where they couldnt repair old highway Skoplje-Belgrade,where main railway station soon might connect two countries,instead of one,and where people have nothing and corruption rules.Hello,Zagreb,Ljubljana,Skoplje,Sarajevo but not Belgrade

And not righ now,when General Mladic is hiding and Eu is threatening sanctions
When third round of talks for Kosovo are underway
When country could become Serbia and Montenegro in few days,two and not one
You need professional help.
Now stop infecting the forum. Some of us are interested in architecture.
Belgrade Girl no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:38 PM   #82
Islom
BANNED

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgrade Girl
So Croatia built 10 skyscrapers overnight
Croatia hasn't actually built a single one...all their "skyscrapers" seem to end at around ~90 meters, just short of 100m that usually defines a skyscraper.
Islom no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:43 PM   #83
21may
BANNED

You people are joke,since im not in funny mood,as of yet, i wont reply.I will reply in few weeks,on may 21st

Im sorry im not this guy you call Sin City or something and i can prove that easily.But since im not in mood, i will wait few days,and then i will really prove that you are suffering from accute nervous breakdowns and are heavily delusional.But in few weeks and not now,and this guy call himself mod,that is accusing me of that

Your architecture means dump road near Aleksinac and gypsy street near Pirot or Vranje,and especially you will get all those imaginary buildings now.Be gratefull you could plunder all the other republics for 45 years and had nice buildings constructed during that period.
21may no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 5th, 2006, 03:47 PM   #84
Luka

Likes (Received): 2802

Quote:
You people are joke,since im not in funny mood,as of yet, i wont reply.I will reply in few weeks,on may 21st

Im sorry im not this guy you call Sin City or something and i can prove that easily.But since im not in mood, i will wait few days,and then i will really prove that you are suffering from accute nervous breakdowns and are heavily delusional.But in few weeks and not now,and this guy call himself mod,that is accusing me of that

Your architecture means dump road near Aleksinac and gypsy street near Pirot or Vranje,and especially you will get all those imaginary buildings now.Be gratefull you could plunder all the other republics for 45 years and had nice buildings constructed during that period.
Actually SinCity would be great for you to leave us and talk about ARCHITECTURE not POLITICS.
Old May 5th, 2006, 04:01 PM   #85
Vrachar

Likes (Received): 1627

Quote:
Im sorry im not this guy you call Sin City or something and i can prove that easily.
Sure you aren't, just your IPs are same!

P.S.
Prijateljski savet: Ako nemaš ništa pametno da kažeš, bolje nemoj ništa ni reći. Samo praviš budalu od sebe.
Vrachar no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 28th, 2006, 09:58 AM   #86
Luka

Likes (Received): 2802

This is how the Delta block 21 tower will look like (with a hotel being the smaller building)
Old April 15th, 2007, 01:34 PM   #87
Sukkiri

Likes (Received): 46

Update on Belgrade

Besix Tower will NOT be constructed however there is an ongoing tender until May as to what should be constructed instead.

Engel Dorcol Marina is a project that will go ahead. The project will consist of about 600 residential units located on Marina Dorcol in the city of Belgrade, not far from the heart of the city and the business centre of the city but still enjoying the pastoral view of the Danube. The project will include a marina which will be upgraded for about 150 yachts; the marina will be surrounded by coffee shops, restaurants and other shops and shopping mall. as well as by the yacht club and other marina related facilities. The neighborhoods will be designed by international designers together with first class local designers. Engel East Europe is a Tel Aviv based company with many developments throughout Eastern Europe.

Delta Block 20 WILL go ahead and new renderings have been released of the complex. Negotiations with Hilton are underway for the hotel section of the complex.

A new residential project is currently proposed, Red Star Condominium. This envisions a 25 storey tower and an attached 10 storey building. Both buildings will offer residential space.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 08:59 AM   #88
Sukkiri

Update on Belgrade

A new hotel will be constructed in the City Center district. This will replace the current building on the site at the moment because of damage from the 1999 NATO airstrikes. This hotel should hopefully be around 20 levels high.

A new urban neighborhood is being constructed in Belgrade to accommodate the 2009 Universiade. This is information regarding the project from Beobuild.
Quote:
The total investment in this complex will be 200 million Euros and the investor is a joint company owned by the Austrian firm, CEE Investment, and Delta M from Serbia. The total space of the objects in the village will be 200000 square meters and the complex will offer 2100 apartments for 4200 athletes. The complex will also include 22000 square meters of office space. In the same block, a shopping mall with commercial space totaling 87000 square meters will also be built offering stores and entertainment.
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:09 PM   #89
Loshmi

Suuuper !

[IMG]http://i3.************/5y8my6s.png[/IMG]
Loshmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:40 PM   #90
Horicolonoma

Big projects for a poor nation

I've been several times to Belgrade and for me it is one of the most avant-garde cities in Europe considering art, architecture and other visual arts!
I really like the place, the music, the people, etc.

But I am astonished that they have these gigantic projects (like the biggest orthodox church of the world and these skyscrapers) while I saw one of the poorest places that I have ever seen.

For me it is strange that in a city like Brussel (where I live) where prosperity is good and where we have a very good social system, our highest skyscraper is 150 m ~ 450 ft which dates from the '70s.
And you guys are allowed to build 100 floors skyscraper (300 m ~ 1000 ft) while I saw people being extremely poor, where you have slums next to your precious Sava River (road to Novi Beograd).
It would be a funny view though, seeing a gipsy slum village living under a 4 million euro bridge, hehe

леп посдрав
Horicolonoma no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 12:49 PM   #91
Horicolonoma

Genex

The Genex tower is one of the most beautiful buildings I ever saw. My friend is making a documentary about combining four European cities into one big one. He used Beograd too. His entry into his futuristic city will be the highway into Beograd with its precious Genex tower.

The Genex tower is beautiful in its ugliness. For me it is a symbol of Beograd. Also the three stupid tower blok on the other side of town. I don't know how they are called differently. They are three living blocks of about 100 m high I think and they are on circle on 120° each.

These two building spots (Genex, three stupid building block) are for me the most beautiful buildings in Beograd! You should make an UNESCO monument of them!

We in Brussel made a mistake by destroying our "ugly" but actually beautiful 50s-60s modernistic-post modernistic high rise...

PLEASE DON'T DESTROY THEM PEOPLE FROM BEOGRAD
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:04 PM   #92
Herr Lind
BANNED

Likes (Received): 352

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luka View Post
This is how the Delta block 21 tower will look like (with a hotel being the smaller building)
hmm...

House on the Mosfilmovskaya street

Herr Lind no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 22nd, 2007, 01:10 PM   #93
Horicolonoma

Serbian Identity

For me Serbia (and maybe other ex-yoego countries) are looking for identity and appreciation from the outside world. Everybody always thinks too negative.
People always refer too much to the past and politics like on this thread. People have to realise that in a war, not everybody agrees with the politics of the country. It is not because extreme right party has 30% of votes in my region I have voted for them!

What Beograd needs is a good symbol that shows itself to the outside world. And why not using a skyscraper or another architectural masterpiece?
The nation will get more attention and more appreciation maybe and it can grow economically. And maybe corruption will also fade away then when the nation gets richer.
Maybe I am suggesting a Bilbao Guggenheim or something...

Croatia and Bosnia are doing much more better with their tourism. So I think they don't need that much more. Maybe some good roads in Bosnia n Hercogovina will do a lot! And entry in European union will do it better too.
And maybe the Croatians of Dalmatia (coastal region) could be a bit friendlier to tourists and not to consider them as walking dollar bills...
Crna Gora (Montenegro) will be the next booming country in ex-yoego (when it gets away from its maffia image) because also people won't be able to pay the extreme high prices of Dalmatian coast and they will find more friendliness from the crna goran people.

And Kosovo...well...they are still 'hoping' for something, but a lot of intelligent people are there so maybe they will make it better

Ok, Beograd, make your skyscraper!! you got green light from me, hehe

Sorry if I might have hurt some national feelings, but I think Serbia now deserves not to be a scapegoat anymore from what it did in the past! People should remember what happened, but it's time to move on to the future!
Old April 22nd, 2007, 06:28 PM   #94
Loshmi

Powerfull of ex-yugoslavia countries :

1. Croatia (GDP $69,834 billion)
2. Serbia (GDP $54.510 billion)
3. Slovenia (GDP $43.690 billion)
4. Bosnia and Hercegovina (GDP $40.9 billion)
5. Macedonia (GDP $15.78 billion)

[IMG]http://i3.************/5y8my6s.png[/IMG]
Loshmi no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 06:11 AM   #95
Sukkiri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horicolonoma View Post
For me it is strange that in a city like Brussel (where I live) where prosperity is good and where we have a very good social system, our highest skyscraper is 150 m ~ 450 ft which dates from the '70s.
And you guys are allowed to build 100 floors skyscraper (300 m ~ 1000 ft) while I saw people being extremely poor, where you have slums next to your precious Sava River (road to Novi Beograd).
It would be a funny view though, seeing a gipsy slum village living under a 4 million euro bridge, hehe

леп посдрав
Economic development and urban development are not ENTIRELY related to each other, for example you may have a less economically developed country but have a lot of foreign investment. Thailand is a good example, they are making many skyscrapers as we speak mostly built by from foreign investors yet Thailand still has a lot of poverty issues. Serbia is similar, different foreign companies are willing to invest in high rises and class A buildings. Serbia is quite a haven for foreign investors as it has one of the lowest corporate tax rates in all of Europe and is the only country outside the CIS to have free trade with Russia, a big advantage for some businesses as Russia is emerging in the global economy.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 07:39 AM   #96
Manijak
Metallica in my heart

Yeah...Serbia rocks!
European Discussions
Manijak no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2007, 09:42 AM   #97
Sukkiri

Update on Belgrade

This is taken from Beobuild and is regarding the new shopping center that will be constructed adjacent to the Universiade village. It is significant as it will be the first real international shopping center constructed in Belgrade. At the moment Belgrade only has large department stores, inner city shopping centers (of around 20 shops) and your typical boutique stores also in the city center.
Quote:
Delta City will be a real city inside a mall, inside which the entire family will be able to spend their entire day. As opposed to current shopping malls in the city, the main emphasized point in Delta City is entertainment. That is why the mall will offer approximately ten cinema screens, playgrounds for children, bowling, restaurants, and cafes.

Of course, it will offer a Maxi hypermarket, furniture salon, and a large number of stores, boutiques, galleries, bookstores, and sports and electronics stores. One of the world's famous fashion chains, Zara, will have a large sales area in the mall. Delta promises that customers will be able to find whatever they need and while shopping, they'll also have some fun.

No customers will have a problem with parking because Delta City will have more than 1700 parking spots on six levels. In addition, this first shopping mall will be built near the University Village, where competitors in the 2009 Universiade will reside and will after be converted into a residential complex. The design for the mall was done by a famous Israeli architect, Ami Mur, who has done over 80 similar projects around the world.

By the way, can politics stay out of this thread as it is about urban development, go to the European Skybar if you want to talk politics regarding Serbia. It would also be appreciated if people refrained from talking about Serbia and some of it's economical problems and it's political past. It's 2007 people, not the 1990s.
Old April 23rd, 2007, 10:44 AM   #98
Manijak
Metallica in my heart

btw: This mall is u/c mates!
European Discussions
Old April 23rd, 2007, 01:59 PM   #99
Horicolonoma

watch out with your shopping malls

Hi

Thanks for the idea that prosperity isn't related to richness like the example of Thailand...I have learnt again!!

I hope you guys in Belgrade won't follow your brothers in Slovenia. There you have an ugly gigantic shopping city (BTC: Blagovski Trznica Center) in Ljubljana.
But anyway you will loose from capitalism anyway.
The beauty of Balkans is that everything is domaci (house made). This is something we don't have anymore here in western europe. Then we got food crisisses (especially in Belgium) and now we can buy BIO products...very funny!!

There are some other places which I would like to see UNESCO protected next to GENEX and three stupid skyscrapers (can anyone give me the names of them?)
I would like to see the flee market next to train station in Novi Beograd to be protected by UNESCO! Man you can buy EVERYTHING there!! and what a nice post communistic scenery of high rise building bloks together with Genex...
The car Yoego should be UNESCO protected too!!!

God I love this city
Old April 23rd, 2007, 02:21 PM   #100
Manijak
Metallica in my heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horicolonoma View Post
The car Yoego should be UNESCO protected too!!!
You are really funny pal
European Discussions