daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy (aug.2, 2013) | DMCA policy | flipboard magazine

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Asian Forums > Forum Pencakar Langit Malaysia > Countdown to 2020

Countdown to 2020 new projects, proposals, under-construction updates and news of developments & construction projects.

Old June 1st, 2008, 06:49 AM   #1781
glenj

Likes (Received): 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venycal View Post
anyway it's all written in Korean........I think it's because they are trying to attract more S.Koreans to take part in Malaysia My Second Home Program(MM2H)

and there is one preview video for The Light Waterfront

I'm just wondering how successful the M'sia My 2nd Home programme is in connection with Penang.. Does anyone from Penang actually 'feel' a noticeably higher number of well-heeled and affluent foreigners (not those here on work permits to fill up jobs locals shun) moving around in their midst in the malls, supermarkets etc? When I first read about that now completed project in Tg Bunga comprising 4 40-storey condo blocks (I can't remember what's it called..), I was seriously wondering whether there was a market for them.
glenj no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links

Old June 1st, 2008, 08:51 AM   #1782
SEED

Likes (Received): 4

the new prominade looks great! not them pole and sculpture tho.. looks like shit hey..
SEED no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:37 AM   #1783
Pablo
Jian Fa

Likes (Received): 1

The Pearl Rejency construction is started. Wondering it take how long to complete.
Old June 1st, 2008, 10:38 AM   #1784
Pablo
Jian Fa

image hosted on flickr

Went to c yesterday, honestly, i really dont like it...esp the material they chose to buid this.
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:51 PM   #1785
Venycal

Likes (Received): 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by glenj View Post
I'm just wondering how successful the M'sia My 2nd Home programme is in connection with Penang.. Does anyone from Penang actually 'feel' a noticeably higher number of well-heeled and affluent foreigners (not those here on work permits to fill up jobs locals shun) moving around in their midst in the malls, supermarkets etc? When I first read about that now completed project in Tg Bunga comprising 4 40-storey condo blocks (I can't remember what's it called..), I was seriously wondering whether there was a market for them.
same here.........I always see a lot of Japanese/S.Korean families in Gurney Plaza especially in Cold Storage.......If I'm not mistaken over 50% of the Japanese who participated in M'sia My 2nd Home selected Penang as their destination...
since Penang has Dalat International School in Batu Ferringi and a Japanese school in J.Perak...
and now Fairview International School has opened in Bukit Jambul...
Venycal no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2008, 02:57 PM   #1786
Venycal

Quote:
Originally Posted by rizalhakim View Post
really really cool....but is it under the light project? if not then create a new threat for this project plz

I don't think it's under The Light Waterfront project......since it's located behind Tesco.......the reason why they include the illustration of The Light Waterfront is (in my opinion) to promote The Light Waterfront as well since they are under the same company
Old June 1st, 2008, 08:15 PM   #1787
TWK90
Infrastructure

Likes (Received): 1037

If that photo has the right scale, then maybe we can assume that the towers in The Light waterfront project is just a little taller than Pearl Regency...but it is time to have more full glass claded building, for the moment, it is pretty rare outside KL...
TWK90 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:25 AM   #1788
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

Likes (Received): 878

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_penangite View Post
another mall coming up..
there are too many malls in penang island...omg
penang will be the second shopping paradise in Malaysia

i belif its a lifestyle mall n not like a huge shopping mall... lifestyle mall totally smaller...a good xample like Bangsar Shopping Ctr, Great Eastern Mall and Hartmas Shopping Ctr in KL..their target only for the people in that area..
rizalhakim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 10:19 AM   #1789
SEED

yeh! the koreans gonna turn penang into pusan! yahh!! even better if they colonize penang!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 11:32 AM   #1790
proud_penangite
I'm sexy and I know it

Likes (Received): 3

jom kawin org korea!!
Old June 2nd, 2008, 02:36 PM   #1791
forever consern

a massive project, i supposed
forever consern no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2008, 04:02 PM   #1792
Venycal

Quote:
Originally Posted by TWK90 View Post
If that photo has the right scale, then maybe we can assume that the towers in The Light waterfront project is just a little taller than Pearl Regency...but it is time to have more full glass claded building, for the moment, it is pretty rare outside KL...
Original photo
image hosted on flickr

I think the upper part of the towers have been erased in this picture.....
hopefully they will follow the original rendering
image hosted on flickr
Old June 2nd, 2008, 05:11 PM   #1793
khensthoth

Hi all. If it isn't too much of a trouble to anyone, could someone please take a picture of the construction of Pine Valley Business Centre (yea, fancy name). It's developed by Lone Pine Group of Companies, located on Jalan Paya Terubong, directly in front of the cemetery.

Thanks!! =)
khensthoth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 3rd, 2008, 11:11 AM   #1794
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

From leasehold to freehold
Leaseholders of state land have welcomed Penang’s new land policy allowing them to convert their property to freehold status as it would mean an increase in property prices.

Pioneer Bayan Baru resident and the area’s Rukun Tetangga chairman Chai Tsing Boo, 64, said he would meet with the township’s various residents associations (RA) and Bayan Baru MP Datuk Zahrain Mohamed Hashim to discuss the procedures for getting their residential leasehold titles converted.

“Everything we know so far is from the media. I think it is important to speak to a state representative who can advise us on what needs to be done so that we can submit the relevant forms collectively,” he said.

According to Chai, “thousands and thousands” of Bayan Baru township homeowners would benefit from the policy as a majority of the homes there were built by the Penang Development Corporation (PDC).

“Developed in 1974, my single storey terrace house was under the first phase of PDC’s Bayan Baru development comprising 477 single-storey terrace houses and 74 units of single-storey semi-detached houses.

“The unit was originally priced at RM29,500. Today, despite being a 99-year leasehold property, the value has increased by sevenfold.

“Some of my neighbours who have renovated their homes managed to sell them for about RM300,000,” he said, adding that there was “about 30 years” left on his lease.

“Of course I will take advantage of the conversion policy because I want to leave our family home to my children,” he said, adding that under the last administration, a similar conversion policy was allowed but only for certain areas.

Food outlet owner Azhar Ramli and his mother, Halijah Yusof, were both unaware of the new policy but welcomed the news.

“Between my two siblings and me, we own two commercial shop lots and four flats in Bayan Baru – all are 99-year leasehold properties by PDC.

“We definitely want to convert our residential titles and will find out more at the Land Office on the procedures involved. Hopefully the premium won’t be too high,” Azhar, 36, said.

Halijah was “very happy” but hoped the policy could be extended to include conversion of commercial leasehold units into freehold titles as well.

A photographer who only wanted to be known as Ch’ng, said he would not be “rushing” to convert his land just yet.

“We don’t know how long it will take for the re-alienation to take place. If it is within six months, then I will consider.

“For people like us who are not planning on selling our units, the increase in value after conversion doesn’t really make a difference. In fact, we may end up paying more in assessment after conversion,” the 56-year-old said.

Penang Development Corporation Properties Sdn Bhd (PDCP) chief executive officer Osman Kallahan said he was in “total agreement” with the new land policy as it would benefit the rakyat.

“The change in title will add value to the property, making it more ‘bankable’. This will allow PDC home owners to upgrade their lives and standard of living,” he said, adding that prior to 2005, all PDC development projects in the state were leasehold properties.

“In the past 35 years, PDC had built 22,000 homes but since PDCP was incorporated three years ago, we have developed four freehold projects on the island and mainland.

“With this new policy, we hope to focus on building freehold properties from now on so that we can offer home owners a more valuable title," he said.

Real Estate and Housing Developers Association (Rehda) Penang chairman Datuk Jerry Chan lauded the new land policy as it would prevent property prices from dipping.

"Generally, property prices always appreciate in value but if you own a leasehold property, the prices of the land or unit will fall after a certain period.

"For example, if you have a 99-year leasehold property, chances are you will not be able to sell it for a good price if you only have about 20 years left on the lease.

"Furthermore, a leasehold property can only remain in the family for two or three generations - which is not long at all," he said, adding the home owners still preferred to purchase freehold over leasehold property if given choice.

"Just look at Singapore and Kuala Lumpur.

"A freehold title can easily fetch between 25% and 30% more in market as compared to a 99-year leasehold property. At the end of the day, a freehold title will give you peace of mind because it is more tangible - you can renovate it and give it to your children without worrying," he said.

Raine & Horne International senior partner and property consultancy director Michael Geh agrees.

"I believe conversion will result in an immediate property appreciation of over 30%.

"Lim's new land policy is definitely a good decision as it provides certainty for land title holders," he said, adding that the majority of PDC's residential developments were leasehold titles.

"My advise is to apply for the conversion but let your lawyer and bank handle the legal documentation process for you," he said.

Geh also noted that the decision to allow commercial and industrial leasehold owners to extend their 66-year lease to 99 years would instil "confidence" in leaseholders in investing in their companies.
Old June 3rd, 2008, 02:56 PM   #1795
SEED

Quote:
Originally Posted by proud_penangite View Post
jom kawin org korea!!
too expensive dude.. high mainteinance fee..
Old June 4th, 2008, 11:26 AM   #1796
kubundu

Quote:
Originally Posted by khensthoth View Post
Hi all. If it isn't too much of a trouble to anyone, could someone please take a picture of the construction of Pine Valley Business Centre (yea, fancy name). It's developed by Lone Pine Group of Companies, located on Jalan Paya Terubong, directly in front of the cemetery.

Thanks!! =)
I passed by it a few days ago and they are installing the huge glass windows. maybe will be completed end of this year. I'll snap some pics next time.
kubundu no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 4th, 2008, 12:23 PM   #1797
khensthoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by kubundu View Post
I passed by it a few days ago and they are installing the huge glass windows. maybe will be completed end of this year. I'll snap some pics next time.
Thanks man. =)

How's your overall perception towards that project, or any project by Lone Pine for that matter? How does everyone here think about them? I know they are not large scale, big time developer like IJM, Ivory, Hunza, E&O and others, but I haven't seen much, if any, post about them here.
khensthoth no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 5th, 2008, 04:48 AM   #1798
rizalhakim
PROUD 2 B MALAYSIAN

found this but not sure whether dis is new

Pay 10% and balance upon completion
90% Financing
5% discount for Bumiputra

This waterfront haven has the added bonus of assured exclusivity with only 68 units available for select adquisition. With up to 2,950 sq.ft. per residence, The Waterfront is a true statement of luxury & prestige.

Enjoy the confort & relaxation with your family and loved ones in a resort home where every thought is put into the layout for better functionality and practicality
(Approx. build-up area: 1,475 sq.ft.)

The extra spacious corner units take into consideration your need for extra space with built-up of 2,950 sq.ft. for a truly lavish setting that is epitome of modern luxury living.
(Approx. build-up area: 2,950 sq.ft.)

Specifications

Structure: Reinforced concrete frame
Roof: Pitched roof
Walls: Cement bricks/concrete panels

Doors:
Entrance: Hardwood decorative door
Bathroom: Waterproofed timber plywood flush
Others: Timber plywood flush door

Windows: Naturalised anodised aluminium frame and clear glass

Ironmongery: Quality locksets

Floor Finishes:
Living & Dining: Quality ceramic tiles
Bedrooms: Quality ceramic tiles
Kitchen & Baths: Quality ceramic tiles
Balcony & Drying Area: Quality ceramic tiles

Wall Finishes:
Bathrooms: Quality ceramic tiles to ceiling height
Kitchen: Quality ceramic tiles to ceiling height
Other Internal Areas: Quality emulsion paint
External Areas: Quality spray tiles
Woodworks & Metalworks: Quality gloss paint

Ceiling Finishes: Skim coat paint & asbestos free superflex boards

Sanitary Fittings:
Type A: Master Bathroom:
Quality white glazed basin with vanity top
Wall mounted shower rose
Quality white glazed
sitting W.C.
Soap holder
Toilet roll holder

Type B Master Bathroom:
Quality white glazed basin with vanity top
Wall mounted shower rose with shower screen
Quality metal longbath with handset shower
Quality white glazed sitting W.C.
Soap holder
Toilet roll holder

Type A&B Other bathrooms:
Quality white glazed basin
Wall mounted shower rose
Quality white glazed sitting W.C.
Soap holder
Toilet roll holder

Kitchen: Single bowl stainless steel sink

Electrical Installation
Adequate power plug points,light points & ceiling fan points are provided
Door bell point at entrance
Water heater point at master bathroom
A/C point at master bedroom

Telephone
Plug-in telephone points at living and master
bedroom

TV Point
Plug-in MATV point at living and master bedroom

Other Common Facilities
Main swimming pool
Children’s wading pool
2 hi-tech passenger lifts
Poolside BBQ pit
Gymnasium room
Changing rooms
Sauna rooms
Jacuzzi
Community Hall
Central refuse room
24-hours security
Ample carparks

55-11-A (Menara Northam)
Jalan Sultan Ahmad Shah, 10050 Penang
Telephone: 604-226 9537
Fax: 604-227 6841
sales@tamanratu.com
Old June 5th, 2008, 06:07 AM   #1799
TYW
Penang Skyscrapers Hunter

Likes (Received): 16

i guess it's new. Baverly Hills used to have landed properties only..

"the said Municipality of George Town shall on the First Day of January in the Year of our Lord one thousand nine hundred and fifty seven and forever thereafter be a city and shall be called and styled the CITY OF GEORGE TOWN instead of the Municipality of George Town and shall thenceforth have all such rank, liberties, privileges and immunities as are incident to a city." - Queen Elizabeth II
TYW no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 6th, 2008, 02:51 AM   #1800
kubundu

Quote:
Originally Posted by TYW View Post
i guess it's new. Baverly Hills used to have landed properties only..
The condo is opposite Coastal Towers..the bungalows are further up in front of Straits Regency condo.
kubundu no está en línea   Reply With Quote