daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 6th, 2015, 10:39 AM   #121
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by dimlys1994 View Post
It seems you're right - all three stations are still not opened, according Baidu Maps:
http://map.baidu.com/
I checked Baidu maps and they have finally added line 202 extension (a.k.a. line R2). It has been in operation for a year now!

According to what I have read lately, line 2 was actually put into operation on May 22.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

dimlys1994, Zaz965 liked this post
CNGL está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old November 1st, 2015, 03:43 PM   #122
CNGL
Leudimin

So it appears line 1 from Fuguo Jie to Yaojia (without Huanan Bei) was put into operation on Friday. Baidu Maps already marks it, and since they don't mark any metro line that is not yet in operation, it must be open now. Any photos?
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.
Old November 1st, 2015, 04:26 PM   #123
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26130

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
So it appears line 1 from Fuguo Jie to Yaojia (without Huanan Bei) was put into operation on Friday. Baidu Maps already marks it, and since they don't mark any metro line that is not yet in operation, it must be open now. Any photos?
Here is the link:
http://www.ln.chinanews.com/html/201...1/1220772.html

Zaz965 liked this post
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old April 30th, 2016, 05:09 PM   #124
CNGL
Leudimin

And once again, we are late: Huizhan Zhongxin station was opened on January 29th (three months ago), effectively extending line 1 from Fuguo Jie. There is still a long way to Hekou, which should open later this year. Other expected openings for this 2016 are line 2 to Haizhiyun and North station and line R4.

Old May 1st, 2016, 12:03 PM   #125
Yak79

Likes (Received): 2176

Meanwhile, dark clouds are gathering upon Dalian trams, with the whole network threatened to be closed down: route 202 because it'll be completely overlapped by metro line M1, after its “phase II” opening, and now even route 201 due road congestion on which tramcars get stuck more and more frequently.

Source, this Chinese online article¹ dating from a month ago.

What a shame: while a lot of cities, which got rid of their tramway long ago, are struggling to rebuilt them, some of those that were wise or lucky enough to keep tram or, at least, to spare some lines from destruction, now throw recklessly away their legacy.
Really mankind never, never learns from his mistakes!

¹ I merely Google-translated it, so I might have (God willing) misinterpreted something.

-
- Primo Levi, Se questo è un uomo -

Yak79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2016, 05:23 PM   #126
saiho

Likes (Received): 1291

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yak79 View Post
Meanwhile, dark clouds are gathering upon Dalian trams, with the whole network threatened to be closed down: route 202 because it'll be completely overlapped by metro line M1, after its “phase II” opening, and now even route 201 due road congestion on which tramcars get stuck more and more frequently.

Source, this Chinese online article¹ dating from a month ago.

What a shame: while a lot of cities, which got rid of their tramway long ago, are struggling to rebuilt them, some of those that were wise or lucky enough to keep tram or, at least, to spare some lines from destruction, now throw recklessly away their legacy.
Really mankind never, never learns from his mistakes!

¹ I merely Google-translated it, so I might have (God willing) misinterpreted something.
Nothing official about abandonment just suggestions from some netizens, this is more of an opinion piece.
saiho no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 1st, 2016, 11:24 PM   #127
CNGL
Leudimin

I agree. Not only I haven't read about the possible closure of the two existing lines, I even have found plans for another two lines (which would be routes 203 and 204)!

zntfdr liked this post
Old May 2nd, 2016, 07:05 PM   #128
Yak79

Likes (Received): 2176

Quote:
Originally Posted by saiho View Post
Nothing official about abandonment just suggestions from some netizens, this is more of an opinion piece.
Actually, I realized the article is an opinion piece, but the author - or maybe the automatic translator - portrays the situation in a way that made me think those being more than only some personal views: glad to read I was wrong and that it was officially chosen to keep both lines open.

Quote:
I agree. Not only I haven't read about the possible closure of the two existing lines, I even have found plans for another two lines (which would be routes 203 and 204)!
More detailed sources or a map about this project?

-
- Primo Levi, Se questo è un uomo -
Yak79 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2016, 07:41 PM   #129
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26130

From Railway Gazette:

Quote:
http://www.railwaygazette.com/news/t...greements.html

Deutsche Bahn signs Chinese agreements
13 Jun 2016

CHINA: Deutsche Bahn CEO Rüdiger Grube signed two memoranda of understanding to undertake projects in China on June 13, during a visit to China by Chancellor Angela Merkel

Under the second agreement, DB will provide consultancy services as part of a consortium which has been selected to operate regional transport services in Dalian. This will see experts from DB Engineering & Consulting become ‘the first foreigners to work on a regional transport project in China’, according to Grube

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages

Zaz965 liked this post
dimlys1994 está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old June 13th, 2016, 09:25 PM   #130
skyridgeline

Likes (Received): 1214

Deutsche Bahn will soon start importing trains made in China. Not really a secret since they already suggested that future high-speed train purchases won't be European made .
skyridgeline no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 15th, 2016, 12:32 AM   #131
CNGL
Leudimin

When I saw this thread was updated I thought any of the upcoming openings (line 1 to Hekou, line 2 to Haizhiyun and Dalian North Station, and line R4 or Jinzhou-Puwan line) got an opening date announced, but instead I find something totally unrelated to Dalian's public transport . Dalian is one of most deceptive cities when it comes to construction updates along with Kunming.

Old June 16th, 2016, 08:57 AM   #132
:jax:

Likes (Received): 540

If it were related to commuter trains in Dalian, a current weakness in China, it would absolutely be an important part of Dalian public transport. I don't get the impression it is.
:jax: no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2016, 08:38 PM   #133
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

Like Istanbul, Dalian creates a confusing line numbering system.

Line 1 & 2 opened in 2015, after long wait, and line 3, 7 & 8 opened earlier. So Dalian currently has 5 metro lines. Here the confusion starts. www.urbanrail.net says Line 3 & 7 are separate line numbers, although they are branched lines, but Wikipedia says ther is no line 7, only 4 lines – i.e 1, 2, 3 & 8. They call line 3 & 8 also line R3 & R2 respectively.

In future plan, there are three extensions planned –
Line 1 towards southwestern side
Line 2 towards both northeastcentral side and eastern side
Line 8 towards eastcentral side

Also Wikidpedia says some new lines are planned, these are line 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, and also R4, R6, R7, R8, R9, R10. But currently already line 3, 7 & 8 present. They called R3 as line 3 and R2 as line 8, but again they called line 3 and line 8 to M3 & M8 respectively. So which is true? What is the actual numbering?

I know there are two companies are operating metro system, one operates line 1 & 2 and other is line3, 7 & 8. So is it for this that same numbering for two different metro companies? i.e. one’s line 3, 7 & 8 are M3, M7 & M8 and another’s line 3, 7 & 8 are R3, R2 & R2?

It all confuses me, please confirm and clear it details.

Tågälskaren liked this post
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2016, 11:47 PM   #134
CNGL
Leudimin

AFAIK line 7 is again threated as a branch of line 3, while what at one point was called line 8 apparently has been line 202 extension since opening, making it a metro extension of a tram line . I call them lines R3 and R2 respectively as they appear with these numbers on the plans. Dalian is really confusing, they should introduce a consistent numbering. Either change lines 3 and 202 extension to their planning numbers (R3 and R2) or number the R lines correlative to the M ones like other Chinese cities have done (In that case they would be lines 13 and 12, which would lead to a weird situation where the first line to open would have a really high number).
Quote:
Dalian is one of most deceptive cities when it comes to construction updates along with Kunming.
Fixed for me, as I've read fresh news from Kunming.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Old July 8th, 2016, 08:41 AM   #135
Ashis Mitra

I think that will be the best if they number the R lines correlative to the M ones like other Chinese cities have done, as you said. It will be much easier, and no hotch-potch with M & R etc. etc.
Old July 8th, 2016, 08:43 AM   #136
kunming tiger

Likes (Received): 1665

if you want updates on the kunming metro try the official website

http://www.kmgdgs.com/

according to the site lines 4 and 5 will commence construction in 2016, by the end of the next five year plan lines 1 2 3 4 5 6 and 9 should be in operation.

the spur line of line 1 is now in the testing phase.

dimlys1994, zntfdr liked this post
kunming tiger no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 9th, 2016, 04:03 PM   #137
Ashis Mitra

I am not optimistic about Dalian tram. Due to automobile booming in sixties, like most cities in the world, tram routes were closed one by one, and only thre routes remained. Later two of them merged, and currently there are two tram routes. But in near future, it is clear that route 202 will be closed and replaced by metro line 1, because the south-western extention of line 1 will just run under tram route 202, and when metro will start running, 80% tram passengers will switch-over to metro, because metro is much faster than tram, and completely independent from road traffic.

So the question arises, why they completely modernised the entire tram network some years ago? They have changed overhead wire system, cobblestone was replaced by concrete, added platforms on tram stops, and over all, brand new high-speed low –floor air conditioned rolling stocks. Route 202 will be really unprofitable when line 1 will be extended, and those resources will be a burden to tram company (which also operates bus and trolleybus).

Here is suggest to extend the tram network around Helshi Reef Bay towards south eastern Dalian, where is no metro lines.

The same incident happened in my city Kolkata from 1980, when metro lines started construction; many tram routes which ran parallel with metro lines were closed. Only the exception I see is in Hongkong.

dimlys1994, Tågälskaren, zntfdr liked this post
Old July 24th, 2016, 11:19 AM   #138
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

Dalian's line 3 operates with new train. It's similar ones as they use on line 8 (202).

Cannot see anything called "line 7" anymore, all labeled "line 3".

Some of the old trams (the vintage one one line 201) have been refurbished: new fit-out inside and new coating outside.

dimlys1994 liked this post
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 3rd, 2016, 12:50 AM   #139
CNGL
Leudimin

So I decided to head to the Chinese metro forum, Ditiezu, even if it is all literal Chinese to me. I've read deciphered the extensions to lines 1 and 2 will open by year's end. As we know, line 1 will be extended from Huizhan Zhongxin to Hekou and line 2 from Huiyi Zhongxin to Haizhuyun and from the airport to the North station. In addition, preparation works for lines 4, 5 and 7 have already begun. Line 4 will run East-West from Yingchengzi to Longtoushi, line 5 will run North-South from Hutan Xinqu to Houguancun and line 7 (not to be confused with what is once again known as line 3 branch) will run East-West from Baihe Shanzhuang to Gangwan Guangchang.

dimlys1994, zntfdr liked this post
Old September 7th, 2016, 11:51 PM   #140
CNGL
Leudimin

Per the latest news, both line 1 to Hekou and line 2 to North station have been delayed (again) to May 2017. But the other end of line 2 (to Haizhiyun) is now under test runnings, and will open by the end of November. Xinzhaizi station may also open within this year. As for the Jinzhou-Puwan line (a.k.a. line R4), last year it was planned for October this year, I don't know if it's still the same.

dimlys1994 liked this post

Tags
dalian, tram