daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > Infrastructure and Mobility Forums > Subways and Urban Transport

Subways and Urban Transport Metros, subways, light rail, trams, buses and other local transport systems

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old June 13th, 2017, 05:07 PM   #161
dimlys1994

Likes (Received): 26131

Updated map on urbanrail.net:
http://www.urbanrail.net/as/cn/dalian/dalian.htm

For you:
Facebook & Flickr pages
dimlys1994 no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old June 14th, 2017, 06:24 PM   #162
Woonsocket54
PC LOAD LETTER

Likes (Received): 5757

And the official online map has been updated as well.

http://www.dlsubway.com.cn/xianlutu.php

dimlys1994, metro-world, Ashis Mitra liked this post
Woonsocket54 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 26th, 2017, 09:08 PM   #163
Ashis Mitra

Likes (Received): 1144

The tram scene in China is very diverse. Once there are many cities where tramway networks exists, but after the notorious anti-tram sixties and seventies—only three cities kept their networks, one of them is Dalian. They kept the tram and gradually modified it. But the future I think is dark, because metro line 1 is being extended towards south up-to Hekou to connect with line 8. The entire extension will run under the tram route 202, and most people will take metro to reach much faster than tram, and obviously tram will run empty and will get loss, so gradually it will be closed, I am afraid, only one route 201 will remain opened just as a type of heritage.

After reading many websites I’ve recently saw some matters, which arise some questions and curiosity. I’m asking these because I want to compare the Dalian Tram with my city’s Kolkata Tram. Both cities are running tram continuously more than a century, facing many threats for closure. Although the main difference is that Dalian tram has closed its 80% routes, but largely modified the remaining system, whereas Kolkata tram has closed its 40% routes, and never seriously modified the remaining system. Here I’m writing—

1) Is there any tram conductor inside tramcars for ticketing? Or tickets should be bought before boarding the tram from tram stations?

2) What kind of ticket they used in tram—simple paper ticket or electronic card?

3) Are other motor vehicles allowed on tram track?

4) Are all stops as tram stations ? Or there are some single unreserved street surface stops?

5) Does the entire route is middle of the road ? Or sometimes on left or right side?

6) Is there any special seats for children, ladies, senior citizens and handicapped persons inside the tram cars ?

7) Is there any system for monthly tickets and one day unlimited travel tickets ?

8) What are the fares for a single journey?

9) Is there any plan to extend the tram line on new areas? If yes, please write some details.

10) Why all tramway staffs are female in Dalian? Is there any special reason?

11) Is there any official website about Dalian tram (especially in English)?
Ashis Mitra no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 05:46 AM   #164
Dr.Dennis.Deng

Likes (Received): 16

I actually don't think, line 202 will be closed. It was just extended a 2 years back, with a new depot in Hekou. Also, it actually covers certain areas in the southern section, which don't connect to the metro.

For Anish Mitra's questions:

1) Is there any tram conductor inside tramcars for ticketing? Or tickets should be bought before boarding the tram from tram stations?

No, one or two "drivers", but no actual conductor.

2) What kind of ticket they used in tram—simple paper ticket or electronic card?

You pay into the cash box or use prepaid traffic cards

3) Are other motor vehicles allowed on tram track?

Some part of the track is shared, most of the line 202 is on its own route.

4) Are all stops as tram stations ? Or there are some single unreserved street surface stops?

Some stops are shared with busses, sometimes the tram stops in the middle of the road, without a special platform (especially on line 201)

5) Does the entire route is middle of the road ? Or sometimes on left or right side?

Don't really remember ... I'd say 80% is in the middle of the road, but there are section besides the road

6) Is there any special seats for children, ladies, senior citizens and handicapped persons inside the tram cars ?

Yes

7) Is there any system for monthly tickets and one day unlimited travel tickets ?

No, prepaid traffic cards

8) What are the fares for a single journey?

I think, it's 2 RMB

9) Is there any plan to extend the tram line on new areas? If yes, please write some details.

I have read some "rumours" about a third line, but don't have details

10) Why all tramway staffs are female in Dalian? Is there any special reason?

No idea ...

11) Is there any official website about Dalian tram (especially in English)?

No idea

Ashis Mitra liked this post
Dr.Dennis.Deng no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 28th, 2017, 09:27 PM   #165
Ashis Mitra

Thank you very much for your details reply. But the 1st map of this page shows tram route 202 & metro route 1 is running on the same alignment in southern Dalian. However, I will be much happy that if tram could continue even after the opening metro.
Old August 5th, 2017, 12:59 AM   #166
Ashis Mitra

Dalian metro is the most confusing and a bit mysterious network in my opinion, because the naming of the line is a bit unclear. Currently it has four lines—1, 2, 3 and 12 (previously 8). The first two routes are completely underground, so uses 3rd rail, and next two routes are completely over-ground, so use overhead wire. Those underground and overground routes are also operated by two separate companies.

Here a question arrives that are line 3 & 12 suburban rail or metro? Some calls it suburban metro, some calls it metro, some calls it suburban rail. In master plan naming, these are called R2 & R3, whereas current line 1 & 2 are named in master plan as M1 & M2—I am totally confused. Please explain it some details. If it is true, then where is line R1? I couldn't find it on any maps. Please write some details about R1. What is the difference of branding M & R?

At present, line 1, the busier line is being extended southwest towards Hekou to connect with line 8. The entire extension will run under the tram route 202, and most people will take metro to reach much faster than tram, and obviously tram will run empty and will get loss, so gradually it will be closed. Although some says that tram and metro will both run parallel on this section, but I am very much doubtful about that. The extension is planned to open in this year.

Line 2 is being extended in both northeast up-to North Rail Station and east up-to Haijhiyun. The northeastern extension is more important, because it will create an interchange with suburban rail network at north station. Peoples coming from outside could then get down at north rail station, and could take the metro to reach city center much faster. It will also ease the connection between rail station and airport by metro. So it will also be a busy line in future.
Old August 5th, 2017, 01:43 AM   #167
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashis Mitra View Post
Dalian metro is the most confusing and a bit mysterious network in my opinion, because the naming of the line is a bit unclear. Currently it has four lines—1, 2, 3 and 12 (previously 8). The first two routes are completely underground, so uses 3rd rail, and next two routes are completely over-ground, so use overhead wire. Those underground and overground routes are also operated by two separate companies.

Here a question arrives that are line 3 & 12 suburban rail or metro? Some calls it suburban metro, some calls it metro, some calls it suburban rail. In master plan naming, these are called R2 & R3, whereas current line 1 & 2 are named in master plan as M1 & M2—I am totally confused. Please explain it some details. If it is true, then where is line R1? I couldn't find it on any maps. Please write some details about R1. What is the difference of branding M & R?

At present, line 1, the busier line is being extended southwest towards Hekou to connect with line 8. The entire extension will run under the tram route 202, and most people will take metro to reach much faster than tram, and obviously tram will run empty and will get loss, so gradually it will be closed. Although some says that tram and metro will both run parallel on this section, but I am very much doubtful about that. The extension is planned to open in this year.

Line 2 is being extended in both northeast up-to North Rail Station and east up-to Haijhiyun. The northeastern extension is more important, because it will create an interchange with suburban rail network at north station. Peoples coming from outside could then get down at north rail station, and could take the metro to reach city center much faster. It will also ease the connection between rail station and airport by metro. So it will also be a busy line in future.
Please check your facts. This was obviously written a while ago, because line 1 is already running to Hekou and line 2 to Haizhiyun, both were opened in June. Tram and metro doesn't replace each other, it's the tram which replaces buses. Indeed, route 202 has a few more stops than line 1. And elderly people prefer to take the tram (and surface transport in general) instead of going down to the metro.

As for the difference of M and R, M is urban metro while R is regional/suburban metro. So lines 3 (R3) and 12 (R2) are suburban metro. Line R1 (definitive number unknown) is planned to run at first from a line 1 extension near the new airport U/C to Shimao.
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Ashis Mitra liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2017, 10:55 PM   #168
Ashis Mitra

Oh, very good to hear that trams will run continuously even metro line extension has opened. Yes you are right, I have not seen about the latest extensions of M1 & M2.

For improvement of our Kolkata metro system, I am comparing some information about Dalian metro, please answer these questions—

1) Is there any system for baggage checking when entering in the station area or platform area?

2) What kind of ticket they uses—RFID token or magnetic paper ticket?

3) Is drinking water available in station area?

4) Are there any display board in platform about next train? If yes, what kind of it—dot matrix or LED?

5) Do they play light music in background at station platforms?

6) Do all stations has side platforms? Or some has island platforms or both side platforms?

7) Is there any special seats for children, ladies, senior citizens and handicapped persons in both platform and inside the metro cars?

8) Is there any entertainment television in platforms?

9) Is photography allowed inside station premises?

10) What kind of fare it is used for, single, return and multiple journey tickets?

11) Do they have all day ticket system i.e. unlimited journey on any metro routes for a day?

12) Why Dalian metro still has not any official website, any special reason?
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:44 AM   #169
CNGL
Leudimin

Likes (Received): 1932

12) Could you search before asking?
Neque porro quisquam est qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non nunquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem - Cicero, De finibus bonorum et malorum, from which placeholder text is derived.

Silly_Walks liked this post
CNGL no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 08:47 AM   #170
SSCwarrior

Likes (Received): 739

^Lmao this!! I see people kept ignoring his questions in the indian forums so now he has started spamming them here

Silly_Walks liked this post
SSCwarrior está en línea ahora   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2017, 12:46 PM   #171
Ashis Mitra

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNGL View Post
I could not found any post regarding baggage checking, ticket type, drinking water, display board, background music, platform alignment, special seats, entertainment television, photography, return ticket, all day ticket and official website, so I have asked those. The reply is entirely in the hand of reader. I am creating a database about urban rail transport like tram and metro for those cities which are not country capital, but has both systems. Viewing at a glance and taking good suggestion, some of the metro fans in Kolkata visits to the metro rail company to suggest them about how to develop our metro system. Here I thought our neighboring country and most developed country of the world could help us. China is 7th times developed than India in all fields, especially in urban transport field, so we all Indians are dependent from China, without China, India is blind.

Although my questions are same for those such cities like Dalian, Hongkong, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Suzhou & Tianjin, but each of those cities' tram and metro system is different from each other. So answers may be different. For this reason I think it is not spam, because answers will be different.

Will Chinese citizens reply me or not that is absolutely their choice, but hence I am relating with Kolkata tram company and Kolkata metro company, I have always ask the same questions to different cities. If they could not answer me, I will skip those cities from my database. At least I could expect 7th times gentle behavior from a neighboring country, which is mostly developed in the world, and 7th times developed than India. The country is China.

Let it be.....
Old August 11th, 2017, 06:49 AM   #172
Ashis Mitra

There are some important links about the tram and metro -

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trams_in_Dalian
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalian_Metro

Those who are interested in metro system, I have created this group. It is just for information. Here is no barrier of continent, but all posts should be made only in English.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/5048...53369/?fref=ts

Tags
dalian, tram