daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old May 14th, 2006, 05:41 AM   #41
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Likes (Received): 3663

It has been renamed to "OCEAN ONE TOWER" aka "O1".

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

You know you love me. XOXO.
Chad no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old May 18th, 2006, 02:36 PM   #42
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

-Imate pravo da ćutite, sve što budete rekli može i biće upotrebljeno protiv vas na forumu

Old May 18th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #43
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old May 18th, 2006, 02:37 PM   #44
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old May 18th, 2006, 03:06 PM   #45
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old May 18th, 2006, 03:07 PM   #46
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Old May 18th, 2006, 06:10 PM   #47
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

It's kinda humbling how classic ugly tallest buildings are dropping its title to such glassy modern buildings these days
Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:00 AM   #48
Cah SMG

Likes (Received): 64

It's really majestic, but it doesn't look tall for 92 storey building
Cah SMG no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:05 AM   #49
Imperfect Ending
Or is it?

Likes (Received): 452

maybe its kinda fat
Imperfect Ending no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:28 AM   #50
SaRaJeVo-City
BANNED

Likes (Received): 17

this tower is really amazing. The interior is awesome.
SaRaJeVo-City no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:50 AM   #51
Ellatur

Likes (Received): 10

so we have Q1, D1, O1, and what else?
maybe we'll have Z1 for zimbabwe or something
Ellatur no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 19th, 2006, 01:56 AM   #52
Locke
Guac Bowl Merchant

Likes (Received): 5441

Well they probably got inspired by Q1 for the name, but the design is different so no biggie:

High-rise deja vu
Gold Coast Bulletin 13May06

"ANYTHING you can do, I can do better."

That's the mantra of a Thai developer who has trumped Sunland and its landmark Q1 building by planning a slightly taller tower in Thailand.

And while the size might be a point of difference between the two buildings, there are a lot of cheeky similarities.

So, what's the name of this bigger, bolder venture set to put a premature end to the Q1's reign as world's tallest residential tower? O1, short for Ocean One.

Even the design of the building, in the tourism resort town of Pattaya, would make any Q1admirer look twice ... it gives most a sense of deja vu. Marketing manager for the new Ocean 1 that's O1 not Q1 says any similarities between the two buildings are 'purely coincidental.'

"As far as I know the two principals in the development company (Siam Best Enterprises) weren't even aware of the Q1 until I told them about it," said Rob Astbury. "And besides, the name is Ocean One. We aren't going to have a building called the Ocean Tower and abbreviate it to O2, that doesn't make any sense."

But in the same breath Mr Astbury, a former high-flying Gold Coast real estate agent, said the new O1 did draw some influence from the Q1, although he wouldn't say what. "There were some influences," he said. "But this is the new dimension."

Mr Astbury was a major player in the late 1980s Gold Coast property market. He won numerous state awards for his selling prowess and on the day of his resignation, from Ray White Broadbeach, he was announced Queensland's top seller.

Mr Astbury said he wanted Gold Coasters to realise they had tremendous investment opportunity overseas. "The market here (in Thailand) is booming, where as on the Coast I am led to believe it has reached its peak," he said.

Speaking of peaks, the 91-storey Ocean One tower will outstretch the Q1 by 4.5m, rising to a height of 327m. But Q1 developer Soheil Abedian, who labelled the new venture 'fantastic', said height was dictated by very strict guidelines.

"Height is not subject to how many levels you have," he said. "Some developers measure their building from sea level, which is silly.

"If you had a building in the Himalayas it would be 1000m tall before you even started. "We are officially recognised as the world's tallest residential tower with the Council of Tall Buildings and Urban Habitat in America."

The guidelines for height with that company state that it is the 'distance from the footpath height of the main entrance to the structural top of the building'. In Q1's case, that means the tip of its spire.

Mr Abedian did note however that 'imitation was the sincerest form of flattery'. "The thing is, I believe Australia is second to none in terms of the technology used in construction," he said. "We are a minimum of 20 years ahead of Europe and at least 10 years ahead of the US.

"It is the biggest compliment we can have that somebody would decide to copy us, even down to the name almost." The Thai tower will include 91 levels of exclusive residential apartments.
Old May 19th, 2006, 10:02 PM   #53
forvine

Likes (Received): 3

Looks so nice!
forvine no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2006, 02:13 PM   #54
c0kelitr0
Resident Whore

Likes (Received): 21

wow that's really tall!
c0kelitr0 no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2006, 09:44 PM   #55
Jimmy jim

Likes (Received): 0

The worlds latest tallest Prestige Building Thailand.

Has anyone received the latest up to date information regarding the latest Worlds Largest Residential Building 91 floors in Thailand Pattaya/ Jomtien Bay, on the Beach to start building in August 2006 taking 4 years.
Do you know if it still going ahead or has been stopped I did hear they had a trial opening advertisement to the world in Hong Kong but I can find no information about it.

I was interested in purchasing one of these Apartments or Condos for Investment reasons, stating at 5,000,000 baht but I now understand you can put it in your own name as they have banned the use of proxy companies to get around the 49%, 51% occupancy NonThai/Thai is this going to be a problem for me, I have been informed over 100 condos and apartment have been sold already, so it seems like a safe buy in this tropical Paradise on the beach.

I contacted www.hotprestigeproperties.com they told me all is ok for purchasing in my own name can any one confirm this, they said they can help me for free to purchase a Condo or apartment in this building , also I can pay 20% down now to stop any further price increases, then pay 65% until it is complete monthly, then final 15% on completion of building works.

Prices start from 5,000,000.00 THB
Thailand Baht = 131,059.37 USD
United States Dollars I consider it is value for money and will rise or double in a few years what do you think?

Jimmy Jim

Last edited by Jimmy jim; June 4th, 2006 at 01:13 AM.
Jimmy jim no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2006, 07:07 PM   #56
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Every Stars shines in Pattaya..

The Website is up : www.ocean1tower.com

Old July 5th, 2006, 04:23 AM   #57
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

On The Up And Up In Jomtien?
Thailand Real Estate Magazine | Issue 62 July 2006

By: John Davids

These pictures were taken five years apart from the same vantage point in the Jomtien Complex. It only takes a glance to see how the area has built up in that short space of time. The Majestic Tower site annotation on the second picture refers to the site earmarked for the renamed O1 (Ocean 1) Tower.

Jomtien has developed almost beyond recognition in the past few years. But can the trend continue or is this stretch of waterfront in danger of being over fished? Opinions vary, but one thing that's definitely on the uip-and-up - 91 floors to be precise - is the projected new O1 (Ocean 1) Tower that's set to transform the local skyline.

The past 18 months to two years have been boom time for the property market in the Jomtien area as Pattaya itself runs out of land to develop close to the beach.

But does “bust” always follow boom? Or can the good times continue for the foreseeable future? I spoke to a few property agents in the area for their view on what the future holds for Jomtien.

However, before I go any further, let’s have a reality check here. The word “bust” doesn’t really exist in the property agent’s vocabulary. To talk in those terms would be akin to Gerald Ratner describing an item sold at one of his High Street stores as “crap”. I think just about everyone in business learned from that expensive gaff (except perhaps the boss of Barclays Bank who said he would never own a credit card as they were “too expensive”).

That said, I encountered a healthy degree of realism. One agent spoke of a possible “levelling-off” of the market. “Maybe the three year boom I envisaged when I came here, will just be two years,” he said. “There is too much property available at present and I think it’s a buyer’s market,” he said.

Did this dishearten him? Not really. “Quality will win through. What’s available at present is a mixed bag in terms of it. But houses that are well constructed, with good lay-out, fixtures and fittings – and well priced – are selling and will always sell,” he said.

When the baht strengthened against sterling around Songkran he experienced a “slowing-down” for two months as the Ł:baht ratio was in the mid-60s. But, at the time of writing, the rate had climbed again to the low 70s. And it was making a difference. “This past month has really picked up and has come very close to compensating for the previous two months,” he said.

“The market here is farang-driven and now we are seeing developments that are better laid out, better thought out and more pleasing to the foreign eye. Small plots, thin walls, poor kitchens and tiles that don’t last are not the way forward.”

If there is plenty of property on the market did he foresee prices dropping and, given his fees were based on a percentage of the sale price, wouldn’t it be against his best interests if they did? He acknowledged that price cuts was not really the Thai way so sizeable reductions were unlikely. But he was ambivalent towards the possibility of a slackening in prices as he thought this might lead to an increase in turnover. “Three percent on one 7m baht house or the same percentage on two sales at 6m baht – you work it out,” he said.

He concluded: “There are good things happening here in terms of quality restaurants arriving in the area, better roads, even talk of a high-speed rail link. The O1 Tower will put Jomtien firmly on the map – maybe even the world map.”

What of this O1 Tower (Ocean 1 Tower)? I hadn’t heard about it before I started to dig into the Jomtien story.

It has several claims to fame but the too most significant are that, when built, it will be the tallest building in Thailand, outstripping anything Bangkok has to offer. And, probably of even greater interest, its developers, Siam Best Enterprises, claim it will be the tallest residential building in the world. No, you didn’t misread that – in the world. How long it will stay that way remains to be seen as records are there to be broken. Indeed it is rumoured that the US and Middle East may have something to say about that claim in the not-too-distant future.

But for the moment, at least, Jomtien is throwing its hat into the records ring. If the O1 Tower is everything I say surely that’s the story, you might be thinking – and you may have a point. But work on it is not due to start until August. So its impact on the Jomtien scene is a little way off yet. A “soft” launch has been held in Hong Kong to coincide with an important property show, but the main launch is due any time now. Until then, details are sketchy. For example, I don’t know exactly when or where the main launch will take place.

If the O1 Tower is everything I say surely that’s thestory, you might be thinking – and you may have a point. But work on it is not due to start until August. So its impact on the Jomtien scene is a little way off yet. A “soft” launch has been held in Hong Kong to coincide with an important property show, but the main launch is due any time now. Until then, details are sketchy. For example, I don’t know exactly when or where the main launch will take place.

Perhaps understandably the agents tasked with selling O1 – Pattaya Properties – are keen not to fuel silly speculation about it by releasing information piecemeal. So I’ll stick to repeating what’s already in the public domain (see panel alongside).

One person who has been talking about O1 quite a bit is Clayton Wade, MD of Premier Homes Real Estate in Jomtien Beach Road. He used to entitle his talks “the Pattaya real estate boom”, now he calls them “Pattaya real estate goes ballistic” and among the reasons for this he cites the O1 project.

He says: “O1 is a very aggressive project. It’s incredible. They have really done their homework and put together a topclass team from the AsiaPacific region. It will form a landmark for Jomtien and I can only see good things resulting from it.”

Clayton has already used slides relating to O1 as the “highlight” of my recent talk in Singapore and in late June he was due to deliver it again in Hong Kong.

About the present Jomtien scene in general he was more positive. His business has not experienced any slowdown of late – even when the baht strengthened. “We’re at the higher end of the market involved in exclusive property sales and rentals,” he said pointing to boards on the wall listing recent sales. “We’ve closed on 1415 properties in recent weeks and for the past 2436 months things have been going pretty crazy here.”

He also pointed to the fact that more than 50 per cent of his business is from referrals or old customers coming back. “The Brits are the big spenders,” he said, acknowledging my fairly obvious London accent.

He also felt that the quality of the building work was improving. “There is a lot of property on the market, but it is selling well still,” he said.

Clayton repeated to me his longheld belief: “As long as Thailand remains foreignerfriendly, and as long as foreigners have available cash, the property market here will flourish.” He added that he had bigger reservations about farangs having the money, than he did about the government’s attitude towards foreigners.

Perhaps he would be hard pressed to describe the laws regarding foreigners owning property as “friendly” and mortgages were not exactly easy for farangs to come by, I said.

“When the crash hit, the sales tax was lowered by more than half and for five years the rules regarding condo ownership in a farang name were relaxed. So the government took big steps to reach out to the property market,” he replied. “And, as for mortgages, I think it is getting easier to obtain 50 per cent mortgages – up to 70 per cent for those with a work permit and a trading record.”

Another company with good things to say about the local property scene is Jomtien Property which opened in the Thappraya Road a little over six months ago? There they think the concept of “location” is a driving force when expats are choosing somewhere to rent or buy. And, for their money Jomtien is fitting the bill ahead of, say, the villages to the east of Sukhumvit.

Jomtien Property’s joint managing director Stu Sutton said: “We do great business putting clients into a selection of wellbuilt and wellpriced condos and houses.” In this he echoes the thoughts of other agents about the importance of quality construction and realistic price. He adds: “I’m starting to see that developers are finally starting to realise that your average customer is not an idiot with an elastic wallet. He, or she, can see quality and value so there is no point trying to cut corners on build quality or inflate prices.”

Joint MD at Jomtien Property Paul Bart is very upbeat about the prospects for the area as a whole and the Jomtien Complex in particular.

“The whole area around Jomtien Complex is earmarked for new projects like no other area of town. Not only is the Thappraya Road set to be widened to form the new trunk road connecting Pattaya and Jomtien but there are several new developments planned nearby,” he wrote in an article for this magazine. “The most remarkable of these is the recently announced Majestic Tower (now renamed O1 Tower).”

So, is the boom set to continue? Provided the area’s infrastructure can keep pace with growing demand and the trend towards a higher quality of build continues, I don’t see why this can’t be the case.

Copyright © 2006 Thailand Real Estate and Property Guide and Thailand Real Estate Magazine

Old July 5th, 2006, 04:26 AM   #58
Chad
Kickimus Gluteus Maximus

Jomtien Complex - Roll On Up! (continued)
Thailand Real Estate Magazine | Issue 62 July 2006

By: Advertorial

Jomtien Complex is the new Walking Street! I have heard that several times recently and it’s simply not true…. Well, wait a minute. It isn’t really true now but there is a very good argument for why it might become such a place in a couple of years, although let’s hope with a little more finesse…..

Until recently it was noticeable for being rather empty apart from a few bars, restaurants and the odd massage parlour. Now it is hard to miss for very different reasons; it has become a thriving, at times throbbing, centre of activity at all times of day or night. There is now a multitude of bars, restaurants and assorted other businesses catering to just about every section of the local population. Having perhaps the best geographic location possible between the beach and the main arterial road between Pattaya and Jomtien, it is traversed by families, straight, gay and older passers-by. In fact, if one leaves the beach, the main road or any of the local large condo developments it is hard to avoid it!

What is remarkable now though is the recent metamorphosis and the sheer speed of this transformation. A mere six months have passed from the eerie silence to the full-on activity. There has probably never been such a fast development in the activity of an area of town and this has been fuelled by many factors. Firstly, the ongoing de-centralisation from the traditional South Pattaya hub of activity has brought people to Jomtien, as it has to Naklua and other areas in lesser numbers. But Jomtien has felt by far the biggest swell in popularity recently and so, of course, Jomtien Complex finds itself right at the heart of that migration.

Secondly, the construction of View Talay 5 and the possible construction of View Talay 7 have both encouraged business owners and speculators to invest their time and money in this area as they await the occupation of an additional 2,000 condo units in View Talay 5 alone! These two developments will stand at either side of Jomtien Complex (at one side anyway if View Talay 7 does not materialise) like guardian angels and bring huge new sources of revenue to all the businesses within.

Thirdly, the whole area around Jomtien Complex is earmarked for new projects like no other area of town. Not only is the Thappraya Road set to be widened soon to form the new trunk road connecting Pattaya and Jomtien but there are several new developments planned nearby. Chateau Dale Laguna is the most noteworthy local project. A prestige development of nearly 350 condos around a 100m tropical lagoon, it has set new standards for design and lifestyle.

The most remarkable of these is the recently announced Majestic Tower. To say that this is a tall building is an understatement. It is THE tallest building in Thailand and one of the tallest residential buildings in the world. At 327m, not counting the spike on the top, it is taller than the Chrysler Building in the US and over a third taller than Canary Wharf in London.
With such remarkable changes underway to the whole area, Jomtien Complex is set to become the main entertainment and shopping complex in town with something for everyone. The area has long had a strong gay influence which is set to remain but this stands comfortably beside the other orientations and business sectors within the Complex.

As the real estate agency most focused on condos and houses in Jomtien and the commercial opportunities in Jomtien Complex and the surrounding area, Jomtien Property can offer a good selection of well priced commercial and residential properties. We have sold many condos and houses in Jomtien as well as several shophouses, guesthouses and other businesses locally within recent months all at very realistic prices when you consider the huge imminent potential for growth. This is surely the biggest potential boom area of town so now is the last chance to buy before the prices soar. It is also a very nice place to stroll around any time of day.

Paul Bart is the MD of Jomtien Property and can be contacted on 038 303 243 or via their website at http://www.jomtien-property.com They are also the sole marketers of Chateau Dale Laguna to be found at http://www.chateaudale.com

Source: Copyright © 2006 Thailand Real Estate and Property Guide and Thailand Real Estate Magazine

Old July 5th, 2006, 09:43 AM   #59
Mosaic
BANGKOK

Likes (Received): 758

OMG!!!! This tower is so fabulous.
Mosaic no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2006, 04:06 PM   #60
eriqui

Likes (Received): 0

whoaw amzing