daily menu » rate the banner | guess the city | one on oneforums map | privacy policy | DMCA | news magazine | posting guidelines

Go Back   SkyscraperCity > World Development News Forums > General Urban Developments > DN Archives

Global Announcement

As a general reminder, please respect others and respect copyrights. Go here to familiarize yourself with our posting policy.

Old April 17th, 2006, 12:23 PM   #1
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Likes (Received): 2264

OSLO | Projects & Construction

Oslo (Norway) developments, projects and constructions

Oslo (Norway) is having a small project and development boom nowadays due to a gigantic waterfront project and need of many new apartments the next 10 years. Its construction activity is rated as one of the highest in Europe at the moment.

>> Price Waterhouse Coopers

Price Waterhouse Coopers will build its new 46m/ 12 stories tall headquarter in Bjĝrvika, Oslo. The agreement between PWC and the owner Oslo S Utvikling AS was signed on March 18th 2005. The building will be the first high-rise building to be built of the new high-rise clouster in Bjĝrvika, downtown oslo. Construction of the tower started in january 2006 and is scheduled completion is 2007. A-Lab is the architect firm and the main facade material will be glass, with a outside skin of sun shading elements.

> Enlarge (1100x825)

Visma is building their headquarter in this 17 floor tall/ 15 000sqm office building. The agreement was signed between Visma and Oslo S Utvikling AS on september 30th. Construction start in 3rd quarter of 2006, with completion in late 2008.

Imagine a 36 story/ 120m - 130m tall building next to Radisson SAS Plaza Hotel and Posthuset. MAD (Moderne Arkitektur og Design AS) Architects proposed in early 2006 to built this building, and it will become the tallest building in Oslo and Norway. It will contain offices, residentials, retail and public areas as a small green park on the roof of the tower. The project is still in a early stage development, and there is no detaild information about the project yet.

Utsiktstoppen is a residential project in Grünerlĝkka, just north of downtown Oslo. The building will be 12 floors tall, or 33m (emporis.com). The current status is either approved or under construction. The tower is expected to be completed in the spring 2006.

NCC Property Development AS reports that the 11 story tall Akerselva Atrium has been approved by Oslo City Council. Construction of the 16 900 m² (BRA) office building is planned to start in the 3rd quarter of 2006, with completion in 2 quarter of 2008. Three architect companies is involved in the project; NBBJ, Pran Arkitekter and Asplan Viak AS.

The building was first proposed with 12 floors, but has apparently been reduced to 11 floors facing Akerselva, and 10 floors facing Christian Krohgs gate. The roof height will be cote 38.5m with structure height up to cote 43,5m.

> Enlarge (1500x1083)

Nye Major is a large residential projects near downtown Oslo. The project will contain 300 apartments, and construction is expected to start in 2006. The first phase of the new block will be completed in december 2007, while the entire project will be completed in 1st quarter of 2008. Total cost of will be 700 million NOK(89 million euro), and the tallest building will be 12 floors.

> Enlarge (1100x793)

A 20 story/ 65m tall tower has been proposed in Nesoddtangen, a half island the middel of Oslofjorden. The proposer behind the project, Ketil Johansen say the building will contain a hotel, a conference center and senior apartments. He say he has been inspired from famous buildings like Rica Seilet in Molde, Burj Al Arab in Dubai and Opera House in Sydney.

The building is perfectly situated in the entrance to Oslo by sea, and this is a building all tourists will notice as a spectacular landmark.

HRTB Arkitekter AS has made this new proposal to Fornebu arena, which was presented in the end of November 2005. The stadium have a capacity of 15 000 spectators, and the stadium can also be used for concerts etc. The stadium will have a roof, which is inspired of Allianz Arena in Munich. The proposal will be treated by the city council in janiary and the developers and Stabĉk AS is expecting construction start in june 2006, if approval.

The new Opera House in Oslo is currently under construction. The building will be 35m tall and have a area on 36 000sqm. Construction started in 2002, and its expected to be completed in september 2008. Total cost is 2.8 billion NOK (£356 463 017 EUR/$433 406 940 USD), and the architect is Snĝhetta, which is also behind Bibliotheca Alexandrina and WTC Cultural Center.

85 000sqm with 900 apartments and some office is about to start construction. Grefsen Stasjonsby was first approved in 2001, and construction start is expected to take place in the first months of 2006. The first apartments will be out for salesment in january 2006. The project, one of Oslo's largest nowdays contains three 12 story high-rise buildings pluss a unknown number of lower buildings below 10 floors.

> Enlarge (1078x828)

> Enlarge (1200x900)

300 apartments will be built, in this quartal structure consisting of several buildings between 20-33 meters of height. 1st floor will be occupied by shops and retail, and there will be a underground parkinglot for 250 cars. Construction started in 4th quarter of 2005, and its expected to be completed in 2008.

This was just some smaller single projects, ill handle the greater masterplanns in a moment!
Ŝróndeimr no está en línea   Reply With Quote

Sponsored Links
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:38 PM   #2
SYDNEY

Likes (Received):

I am in love - this has got to be my new favourite (fab projects) - thanks for sharing

Old April 17th, 2006, 12:57 PM   #3
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Fjordcity project

The largest waterfront project in Norway is Oslo's new Fjordcity project. Oslo is embarking on its most adventurous harbour renewallproject ever, as a string of waterfront properties in the heart of the city are put up for sale and rezoned for urban developement. Among the port capitals of Europe, Oslo stands alone in undertaking such a comprehensive revitalization of its downtown waterfront. The aim is to reconnect the city with the sea, providing residents and visitors alike with a unique and sustainable quality of life.

Fulfilling the vision of Oslo as the Fjord City will help meet the city's need for more housing, business, recreation and cultural space, as well as improving and concentrating Oslo's commercial port.

The total Fjord City area comprises 225 hectares, from Frognerstranda to the west to Ormsund in the southeast. Sale of these prime waterfront properties commenced in 2003 and will run through the end of the decade.

>> New Oslo Skyline

The Fjordcity project offer a new skyline to Oslo. In Bjĝrvika, behind the 2.8 billion NOK opera house there will be built a clauster of modern and spectacular high-rise building under the project name "Barcode". Construction of the first building has started, the Price Waterhouse Coopers headquarter. In the next years, 8-12 high-rise buildings from 40m to over 100m tall will be built here. They will contain offices and apartments as well as some retail.

The two tallest buildings will be two 26 story tall twins, which will be around 80m to 110m. Perhaps they will get company if the MAD Tower is been approved and built just behind this clauster of high-rise building.

Old April 17th, 2006, 02:00 PM   #4
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Tjuvholmen

Tjuvholmen is apart of the large Fjordcity project. There will be 100 000 m² residential, 12 000 m² restaurants and shopping, 12 000 m² 1st class hotel, 11 000 m² with office and 6 000 m² of Art Museum/Event Centre. The site is on 33,3 daa and will room about 1000 apartments. The project will have several landmarks as the 60m tall observation tower, a International Centre of Art, Event Centre and a Sculpture Park in the districts new green park. Construction started in 2005 and the entire project will be completed in 2012.

The architect behind International Centre of Art, the Sculpture park and the Event Centre is the world famous Renzo Piano (London Bridge Tower, New York Times Building, Jean-Marie Tjibaou Cultural Center).

Construction will happend in 7 phases. 1 phase has started construction and contains 6 buildings from 6 floors to 11 floors. The tallest buildings in the entire Tjuvholmen projects will be around 12-14 stories. 1st construction phase will be completed in 2007.

Old April 17th, 2006, 02:04 PM   #5
NiceGuy
Freedom will prevail

Likes (Received): 0

Here are two other projects that I think should be mentioned in a thread about the boom in Oslo:

Kvĉrnerbyen - 1800 apartments

( I have a photo-thread about the area: http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=330737 )

Lĝrenbyen - 1600 apartments

NiceGuy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 02:10 PM   #6
Mplsuptown

Likes (Received): 714

I'm impressed. MAD is cool and the Nesoddtangen Brygge will be iconic.

*And Major D., just leave the angry man's post up. - spectre000
Mplsuptown no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 02:14 PM   #7
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mplsuptown
I'm impressed. MAD is cool and the Nesoddtangen Brygge will be iconic.
Yeah, the renderings of Nesoddtangen Brygge is poor due to its a very new proposal, i hope to see more from the projects later.
Old April 17th, 2006, 04:09 PM   #8
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Speed monster

"Speed monster", Scandinavia's most spectacular rollercoaster opens this april in Tusenfryd in Oslo, the largest theme park in Norway. 6000 horsepowers will take you from 0-90 km/h in 2,2 seconds, faster than a F1 car. The roller coaster takes you in three time upside down and is design to make the passangers feel weightless 7 times during the 69second long ride.

Facts:
Length: 690 meters
Time: 69 seconds
Height-difference: 40 meters
Max g-force: 4
Number of times weightless:7
Cost 60 million NOK

Old April 17th, 2006, 04:34 PM   #9
samsonyuen
SSLL

Likes (Received): 314

Great projects! I loved going to Oslo, it's so underrated!
samsonyuen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 04:40 PM   #10
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

^you think? cool! Are you going to post some photos from your trip?

Nice work collecting all of this, Christian! Thanks! I saw the construction site for the PWC-building 2 hours ago. Seems like much of the ground-work is already finished!

Here's another one under construction:
Helsfyr Atrium

14 floors, 38.000 sqm.

And
Sjĝlyststranda

470 apartments and an office-building. Originally the office-building should have been 20-25 floors, but it has been lowered after serious NIMBY-activism. At the site now, there's an add for a completely different-looking office-building, cool enough, but only 5-7 floors or so(haven't taken a good look at it). Most of the apartments are nearing completition.
Old April 17th, 2006, 05:49 PM   #11
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar77
Nice work collecting all of this, Christian! Thanks! I saw the construction site for the PWC-building 2 hours ago. Seems like much of the ground-work is already finished!
Great!, did you take any pics?

I guess it won't be long to we see Visma under construction either i hope. And i have not seen any construction photos from Helsfyr Atrium yet!
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:08 PM   #12
NorthStar77
Born to run

Likes (Received): 5

^No I was on a bus full of passengers, only got a glimpse of all the iron-piles(or what they are called), beeing in place. I'll take a trip up to Helsfyr Atrium-site one day and maybe post some photos here, if that is okay? But I don't have time now, Rosenborg vs Start is soon on
Old April 17th, 2006, 06:18 PM   #13
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthStar77
^No I was on a bus full of passengers, only got a glimpse of all the iron-piles(or what they are called), beeing in place. I'll take a trip up to Helsfyr Atrium-site one day and maybe post some photos here, if that is okay? But I don't have time now, Rosenborg vs Start is soon on
Yeah, post everything you want here too, people in the rest of the world should know whats going on up north! And let's hope Rosenborg beat the crap out of those Start bastards!
Old April 17th, 2006, 07:23 PM   #14
Bertez

Likes (Received): 6

I love some of the buildings....especially the MAD tower
Old April 17th, 2006, 10:06 PM   #15
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

>> Fornebu Hotel

A 20 story tall hotel has been proposed in Fornebu, the old airport of Oslo. Telenors Headquarter has been built here, and there is planns of building a 15 000 seat stadium on Fornebu. That makes it ideal to built a 20 story tall signal tower there. The cost is estimated to 300million NOK, and if approved they expects the tower to be completed in 2008.

Old April 17th, 2006, 10:55 PM   #16
Danish_guy

Likes (Received): 1

why aint Norway still a part of Denmark

Answer: Herning projects

great pictures of Herning by mlm
------------------------------------

Look at what is going on in the best city in the world:Barcelona - Projects & Construction Summary
Danish_guy no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 10:57 PM   #17
Spearman
NWO Henchman

Likes (Received): 638

What exsactly is the status on the MAD tower? Has it officially been proposed, or is it just a vision?

A bureaucrat is a device for turning coffee into frustration.
Spearman no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 11:19 PM   #18
samsonyuen
SSLL

Likes (Received): 314

I would post my pictures, but I'm not that technical
samsonyuen no está en línea   Reply With Quote
Old April 17th, 2006, 11:21 PM   #19
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spearman
What exsactly is the status on the MAD tower? Has it officially been proposed, or is it just a vision?
Thats something i aint sure about. Looks like just a vision so far, but i hope they make it to a proposal, though its gonna be hard to get it approved.
Old April 17th, 2006, 11:23 PM   #20
Ŝróndeimr
Adventurous!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danish_guy
why aint Norway still a part of Denmark
Norway is wanted i hear, because the Swedes sais exactly the same!

But i think Denmark and Sweden should manage alone without Norway, they should have at least!